Jealousy: The Biter Bit

Story Info
She nearly fell, who was to blame?
10.2k words
4.23
70.9k
61
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A story arising very loosely from my marriage counselling days long ago. Though names, events and even nationalities have been changed, the essence of the story remains, though I have taken liberties to ensure confidentiality (and for the fun of it). Thirty years later I still see the couple around the place, their children are grown and have children of their own.

No actual sex in this story, but it gets pretty close!

***

If you had been sitting in the lounge bar of the Waggon and Horses pub that Saturday night, you would have seen them. A party of five; two couples and a single man. What would have caught your attention were their solemn expressions, which is unusual in a pub on Saturday night. All was not well.

The single man sitting at the head of the table was Gary Cronshaw. Gary was a good-looking man of twenty-eight years. He was tall, thin enough to appear almost lanky, though he was in fact very fit with toned muscles. His dark mop of hair was curly, his face handsome with dark brown eyes surrounded with long lashes. What you couldn't tell from his appearance was that nearly a year earlier he had married a pretty girl called Sonia. She was not present, having gone to visit her mother some forty miles away.

This meeting in the pub was largely about her and the problem that she and Gary had.

Gary's older brother Clive could have been Gary's identical twin; same build, same hair, though he did not look after himself so well and was somewhat overweight as a result.

Barbara his wife was a pretty blonde woman. She was shorter than her husband, the top of her head coming only to his shoulder. She was curvy, with prominent breasts, impossibly slim waist and a well-rounded rear. She brought Dolly Parton to mind. Unlike her husband she kept herself fit.

The two of them could see the marriage of his younger brother falling apart and felt something would have to be done before it was too late. It was Barbara who had the idea of enlisting her colleague from work, Sven, and his wife Ingrid.

Sven and Ingrid were almost a caricature of a handsome Swedish couple. Sven was taller even than Gary, standing at six feet four inches, and, as Barbara had told Clive on a number of occasions, devastatingly good looking much to Clive's annoyance. Sven obviously looked after himself. He was solidly well built with a ruggedly handsome face and ash blond hair. Ingrid was dark haired and very pretty. She too was tall and slim with long, long legs. Her eyes were an arresting blue, her cheekbones high, her eyes wide set and her full lips smiled often under a small straight nose.

"Are you sure you want to hear all this?" asked Gary. "I don't want to bore you."

"Tell them the whole thing, Gary," said Clive. "I think they may be able to help you."

"I don't see how; I think it's all gone too far." Gary's dejection was obvious to all.

"Tell them anyway."

"OK. Your funeral," said Gary, his resignation showing.

Sven and Ingrid leant forward. Gary appreciated their attention; it was a comfort from strangers.

"Sonia was always a party girl. She loves dancing and the atmosphere in clubs and at parties. She used to go clubbing every weekend before we met. From what people tell me, she was quite wild.

"We met when she came to work at my offices, and for some reason I can't fathom she took a shine to me."

"Don't do yourself down," interrupted Ingrid with her enchanting sing-song accent, "You are a handsome man -- very fit and attractive."

Gary loved her accent, but he loved her comment even more.

"Anyway," he continued with a shy smile at her, "we started going out together and the long and the short of it is that we got married."

"You went clubbing with her?" asked Sven.

"Before we married, I went once or twice, but usually she would go on her own. I dance like a dork, or your dad, very embarrassing. I just can't do it, but she'd dance with her girlfriends for the fast ones and get me on the floor for the smooches.

"We did other things -- you know -- theatre, concerts, pubs; we visited friends and went to their parties and threw our own, so we had lots in common."

Gary took a long drink before continuing.

"After we got married she stopped clubbing, though we still went to parties. I knew she liked to dance, and I asked why she didn't want to any more, but she shrugged and said I was enough entertainment for her."

"Very flattering," said Clive to Sven. "But he's right; in those early days she adored him -- sickening really!"

Barbara punched her husband on the arm. "No it wasn't, it was lovely!"

Ingrid nodded her agreement.

"Carry on!" said Clive, ignoring his wife but rubbing his arm.

Gary took a deep breath and continued.

"Looking back I think she knew I didn't like clubbing and she was trying to give it up out of love for me. Anyway, after about six months she was getting restless on Friday nights. I asked her what was up. She hugged me and said it was nothing, but it was obviously something. The next week I asked her again and she seemed quite embarrassed. She sort of looked at her feet and then she asked if we could go to a club.

"What could I do? I agreed. She was ecstatic! She got a friend from work, Ann, to go with us -- nice girl. They danced the fast ones and I got the slow ones, her girlfriend usually hooked up with some bloke for those. We had a good time and, well, I got my reward when we got home, if you see what I mean."

He coloured up and everyone laughed. Sven got up and bought another round and Gary waited until he returned before continuing.

"We went about once a month, and the next two went like the first. It was the fourth time, about two months ago, when things started to go wrong.

"Ann had left the company and had taken up with some bloke, so the next time it was just the two of us. We sat out the first fast dance, and then a guy came up and asked her to dance. She looked at me and I nodded. No problem. They danced together -- you know, facing each other but at a distance -- and he didn't touch her. I know he appreciated her; she is quite wild when she dances, and with a loose top and very short skirt she's quite a sight to see: there's plenty on view in flashes.

"The next dance was a slow one and he wanted to carry on, but she said something to him and he glanced at me and left. We danced that one. That's how it went. She'd dance fast ones with whoever asked. If they got too close she'd let them know it, and all the slow ones were with me."

"So what is the problem?" asked Sven. "You both had a good time."

"Problem?" said Gary. "Drink. The time when the trouble started, we'd both had a few more than usual: dancing is thirsty work. Sonia tends to get a bit frisky after a few. She danced with a group of guys and got really out of it; she was flipping up her skirt to show her little knickers at them, and one of them got behind her and started grinding himself against her bum, hands of her hips, pulling her against him, you know the drill, happens all the time."

"But not to someone else's wife?" said Ingrid.

"What do you think?" Garry replied with some heat.

"Go on," prompted Clive.

"I stood up and grabbed her bag. I don't think she saw me until that moment, she was lost in the sensation -- she was enjoying it. I think she looked a bit guilty, and pushed him away, but carried on dancing. They carried on trying to feel her up, but she was looking over at me more often and when I took a step towards her, she left them and swayed over to me, a big grin on her face -- until she saw clearly the look on mine.

"I told her we were going. She said it was too early. I just got her by the arm and started to walk her to the door. One of the guys took it upon himself to try to stop me. I told him to get his hands off; that she was my wife. He gave me a pitying look, but I think he saw I was about to deck him and he let go. He shouted to Sonia to come back without me soon.

"Well, we had a row in the car park, in the car and finally in the house. We were both shouting. I told her she couldn't behave like that, and that was when she yelled I was being childish and jealous, 'cause I was a crap dancer. Well, it went on for a while and eventually she flounced off and shut the bedroom door in my face. I slept in the other bedroom.

"The next morning I got the silent treatment, but I was fuming so it was no effort to keep quiet. I think it was lunchtime when she said quietly that I would really have to curb my stupid jealous behaviour. I said nothing. She wasn't going to listen, so there was no point.

"Things gradually thawed out over the week and by the weekend you'd think it had all been forgotten, but on the Thursday she said she was going clubbing on Friday night. She had to nerve to say I could come if I behaved myself -- me! Otherwise she would go alone. Well, no way was I letting her out of my sight.

"I told her I was going and there was no way I would allow her to behave as she had the last time. She smiled, and it wasn't a nice smile. She said she would have to teach me not to be so jealous. It was only a bit of fun. Everyone did it. I had to learn that this was the late twentieth century, not the fifties.

"Well, it all happened again, but worse. She wouldn't dance with me at all, and went through the same grinding with some bloke. They broke after the dance and I saw the same guy who had been grinding her the last time. He picked Sonia up and they got into the same routine, except that he was feeling her tits and rubbing her stomach down between her legs. I got up and was going to break it up when a slow one came on. I went to her and asked her to dance and she told me to get lost this was for Kyle.

"He laughed in my face and they started dancing. Right next to me. I could see his cock under his jeans as he pushed it against her, and she plastered herself against him, rubbing her tits against his chest.

"The music was quieter for the slow dance, so I was able to tell her that unless she came home with me immediately, she needn't come home at all -- ever. She saw I meant it. She left him and we went to the door. Outside I found that Kyle had followed us. He pulled on my shoulder and told me to leave the woman alone, she wanted to be with him.

"Sonia looked frightened. I turned with the pull on my shoulder and my fist met his stomach. As he bent forward winded, I caught him a good one on his nose. He straightened and I kneed him in the nuts. He was on the floor retching when I told him what would happen if he came near my wife again."

Gary took a drink, and the tension in the group dissipated. He smiled.

"There was silence in the car all the way home. I think she was scared I might hurt her. Once in the house, she spoke quietly, but she was very angry. She began a quiet tirade. Was I pleased with myself? My violence showed my infantile jealousy -- I think that was how she put it. She would not forgive my actions easily. I had showed her up in the club. Did I think that hurting Kyle would stop her? She would not put up with such childish behaviour again. She turned before I could speak and went to the bedroom and shut the door.

"So there we were again. Silence for the whole weekend. Sunday night I told her to sit down in the dining room. She was about to react, but saw my face and sat down. I told her very simply that if she did anything like that again, it was the end of us as a couple. If she couldn't see her actions were way out of line for a married woman, there was no future for us. I asked her what it was to be.

"She started in on me again, saying how unreasonable I was, I couldn't dance and was jealous of those who could. That was the way people danced nowadays, it was sexy but safe; everyone but me enjoyed it.

"I told her that I didn't care what other people did, she would not be doing it again if she wanted to stay married. I gave her the option of getting a divorce; then she could dance any way she wanted.

"She laughed in my face. I wouldn't have the nerve to divorce her. I told her that the way she was acting was in any court's book unreasonable behaviour. Well, I am in the law department at the company, and I think she realised I knew what I was talking about.

"She pouted, I think that's what she did, and got up and left for bed. We remained in separate rooms for the whole week, and then it was Uncle Fred and Aunt Daisy's Golden Wedding on Saturday. It was at the Royal Hotel, you know the place? Well Clive, Barbara, you saw."

Gary sat back. Barbara took it up.

"She was obviously pissed at you Gary. I've never seen her like that. She downed drinks like there was no tomorrow during the meal and afterwards. Then plastered herself all over that George Gunley. He didn't mind at all. Their dancing bordered on the obscene; there were a few remarks passed among the party. Gary here sat though it all stoically. He told us she was trying to provoke him so she would accuse him of jealously.

"It came to a head when they kissed near the bar, he whispered in her ear and she giggled and the two of them made for the door to go outside arm in arm her head on his shoulder. She was glancing at Gary all the time. He stood up, asked Clive to bring her home, and brushed past them and into the car park.

"It was fascinating what happened next. She dropped George and ran after Gary, but he was already driving out of the car park. So she came back to our table. She was angry. She called him a few choice names and told us she was sick of his jealousy. I told her if that was the way she treated him, I was surprised they were still married. I think my words were 'You're behaving as if Gary's just a casual boyfriend, Sonia. He's not. He's your husband.' She looked daggers at me.

"Anyway, she took no further part in the evening and we took her home."

Gary laughed, "She got a shock when she got in. I had the bedroom and had the door locked. She banged on the door for a while and then went off to sleep in what had become my bed.

"So there you are. We're still not talking, beyond necessary information. She's sullen. I'm sure she thinks all the fault is mine.

"So I stand convicted of childish insane jealousy."

He took another pull at his pint of best bitter and looked round at the others gathered round the pub table.

His older brother Clive nodded sympathetically.

"So you see folks," said Clive, "something has to be done. That's why I invited you all here. It's supposed to be Gary and Sonia's first anniversary party at Liam and Colleen's place next Saturday. It's Liam and Colleen's fifth and they offered to share. Their house is bigger, way bigger."

"We've got to think about something for that party," said Barbara.

"I can't go on with Sonia much longer," said Gary disconsolately. "She just doesn't see it. It's breaking me up."

Clive got up and bought another round. They drank in silence, thinking.

"OK," said Barbara at length. "Here's an idea. Kick it around and see if it'll work."

So they kicked it around at length. Later, much later, they left in their respective directions to wend their way home. They knew what to do.

------

It had not been a comfortable week for Gary, or for Sonia for that matter. The silences remained, the only conversation being for essential exchanges of information, which were given minimally and in a clipped fashion.

Now they were walking to Colleen and Liam's. They were not holding hands; she had not taken his arm. Gary knew it was time to start the plan.

"Sonia," he began, his heart in his mouth. "This is our wedding anniversary party as well as Colleen's. I would like you to stay with me tonight -- no going off with other guys. You dance with me."

There was a sullen silence.

"You understand?" Gary continued. "We stay together. All night."

"No I don't understand," Sonia snapped back, "and again your stupid jealousy is talking. You've got to learn that I'm an independent woman; I can do what I like, talk to whom I like, dance with whom I like, how I like. I couldn't care a damn what you think, or what you lay down as rules for me. Forget it. You'll learn eventually. I'll see to it."

"Sonia," Gary put on his begging voice; he knew it exasperated her. "Please don't do this; it's destroying me. I'm begging you, stay with me tonight."

"No way," she asserted. "If you don't like it why don't you go home now. Save you a lot of heartache, 'cos I'm going to really enjoy myself tonight."

"Please?" whined Gary.

"No!" she shouted.

The rest of the journey was completed in silence. Gary felt he had done his part in the plan. She was mad, and that was what was needed.

Liam and Colleen lived in a mansion. There was no other word for it. It was huge but recently built. It had eight bedrooms, four of which were en suite. Liam was 'something in the City' and it showed, but they were good friends; generous and gregarious.

Downstairs they had cleared the huge living room they called the ballroom. The kitchen was off this room but also accessible from the large square entrance foyer via a corridor. A bar had been set up in the kitchen near the door to the living room, and they had hired a number of tables to put round the edge of the living room surrounded with chairs. The DJ was at the opposite side of the living room to the kitchen.

Liam and Colleen greeted them enthusiastically with hugs and kisses. A woman took their photos, the flash surprising them.

"She's from some magazine," said Colleen laughing, "so be careful what you get up to! You want to be famous for the right reasons!"

"It's so good of you to include us in your celebration," said Gary, as they removed their coats. Sonia was already off towards the kitchen, leaving Gary talking to their hosts. Then some more guests arrived and Gary went to the ballroom and joined Bill and Barbara and four other friends. Bill got him a drink.

"Sonia off already?" he enquired when he returned. "Done your bit?"

Gary nodded.

"It's going well," Bill continued. "She's already met Sven and looks to have fallen under his spell. Hold on, Gary!"

"No problem," answered Gary. "This is fine, it's controlled, we're in charge here, not her."

"Colleen and Liam know all about it," said Barbara, "as do most of the other guests we know. They're all going to play along. The others are in the dark."

------

Sonia had indeed found Sven, or rather he made it his business to find her. They had met in the kitchen/bar.

"May I offer you a drink," he asked in his sing-song Swedish accent, and she smiled gratefully.

"Gin and Bitter Lemon please."

The conversation went from there, as did her alcohol consumption. She lost no time in telling him at length about the bad time she was having with her husband, and enlisted his help in discomfiting Gary. He was only too pleased to help 'such a beautiful woman', and she felt flattered and attracted to this tall, extremely handsome man. They talked on for a good while, and then the DJ fired up his stuff and the dancing began.

"Come on!" said Sonia, full of excitement. "Let's dance."

They entered the ballroom. She saw Gary with Bill and Barbara and their other friends, and an extremely beautiful dark haired woman she did not know. She waved gaily at them before launching herself into the dance, Sven following her. He was a good dancer, she could see. There were four fast numbers and gradually Sven became more intimate with her. They went for another drink as a slow number came on, her arm linked in his.

In the next few dances they made much more bodily contact, and the next slow dance they danced closely, and the one after that his hands were all over her and she was stroking his bottom and pulling him to her. He was not erect but she could feel there was plenty there.

All the time she kept glancing over to where Gary sat. At first he was talking with the others and didn't seem interested, but during the slow dances she saw him looking more and more grim, and she smiled to herself.