All Comments on 'Jennifer'

by WoodmanStark

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Junior College Plus

I got partway through and decided I couldn't handle the rest. Interesting characters and plot. It would have read so much better if it were written entirely as first-person. The changes were too jarring for me. In addition, there were factual errors, junior or community colleges, do not offer majors like a four-year college. Their programs are structured around two-year certification type programs and providing the basics needed to move up into an institution where you select a major and minor. Those kinds of details make a story believable. So he spent five years taking everything from art to biology, then got bored and stopped? Sorry, hard to swallow. I could go on but won't. Please keep writing. I think you have a good imagination.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 3 years ago
ZZZZZZZZ........

After a full page of drivel about books I never heard of I realized that this story was written for people who have a background in recent fiction and it's not clear that it is necessarily good fiction. i didn't recognize a single title so perhaps that means that I'm particularly poorly exposed to early 21st century fiction. I did notice that neither J or T mentioned a single classic of the 20th Century or earlier. Not worth going on so I registered my 1* and left.

WoodmanStarkWoodmanStarkover 3 years agoAuthor

@Overcritical: The Lord of the Rings isn't a "classic of the 20th century"? 😄

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Nice! I appreciate that they're developed and complex characters. They sound like folks I'd get on just fine with :-)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous