All Comments on 'Jenny and Carrie Ch. 05'

by JenniElizabeth

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

This reminded me of my own experience at Pebble Beach. It was the very first time I ever played golf. I shot a 19. I should have had an 18 but on the last hole I hit it into the rough and had to settle for a 2. Now if I am going to be completely honest here I should also tell you that I had a pretty good coach/caddy that day. Phil knew the course pretty well and was able to point out the trees that I needed to hit on the longer holes so that my ball would ricochet to get the extra distance needed to get to the pins. Now that I think about it that number that was on my scorecard so much that day looked a lot like the number I gave this story.

lovercat2942lovercat2942over 13 years ago
These girls are role models for our youth

In the first part, with all the competitions and practices, I was beginning to wonder when the girls had time to study!! Towards the end, though, I could see some time when they could get their studies in.

Again, this goes somewhat overboard to show the girls' commitment to their pursuits and to each other, stretching (to me) the limits of reality (scoring 12 and 15 under par at Pebble and getting 10s across the board on so many dives, things that no human being can realistically do), but the girls show great underlying strength of character. Also, what might sound like people pleasing just reflects their extreme desire to help out where they can. (Being captains of the cheerleading team, taking care of the babies to such a degree, etc.). However, the one thing that I am worried about is the subject of limit setting. I was glad to see the adults finally say no to the girls' taking care of the babies and point them back to their studies.

I would say, without exaggerating too much, that these girls are role models for our youth--at least what they have demonstrated so far.

I wonder what happens next in this story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous