All Comments on 'Jenny the Midfielder'

by Longstretch

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Wished They Had....

Lived happily ever after.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Touching

Easy to follow and well done-just maybe would of preferred a different ending but not all meetings end in happy forevers. I liked it.

OtzchiimOtzchiimabout 15 years ago
Not Quite Chronological

On the question of these being accurate reflections of the author's life at the time -- this can't be completely so. It starts in 1961, presumably ends about then as well. Jenny says that she was on the pill, and had been since it came out. Well, it did not become generally available until 1964 or 1965.

I knew a student nurse in 1965 whom I heard mutter about whether it was worth the trouble of taking it, since it made her (with the formula then) ovulate at unpredictable intervals.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Sex and sports

Nice touch about winning the game and getting your man!

LongstretchLongstretchover 14 years agoAuthor
Birth control pill availability

Not to be defensive to Otzchiim's comment, but Wikipedia's history of contraception notes that "[O]n February 15, 1961, the FDA approved Enovid 5 mg for contraceptive use. In July 1961, Searle finally began marketing Enovid 5 mg (5 mg norethynodrel and 75 µg mestranol) to physicians as a contraceptive." We hadn't checked the stories since we posted them last year and so haven't written before.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous