All Comments on 'Jen's Christmas Nightmare'

by Spencerfiction

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
14

WOW, I reached the bottom of page one and saw 13 more pages to go, I have just sat and read them all. I loved it and as follow on from your first story it is brilliant.

Thankyou. 5 Stars is nowhere enough.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 3 years agoAuthor

Wow again Anonymous, what stamina to read it in one go! Thank you, I am aware this piece was rather rushed, I only started writing on 1 November without a clear plan and, other than 2 editing sessions around the 20th and a final edit overnight 23/24 November, it seemed to come together a little better than I dared hope. I'm glad at least one reader enjoyed it, many thanks.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Great story! I wish you had divided it up into 3 or 4 parts.

5

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 3 years agoAuthor

Hi Boyd, unfortunately, the rules of the competition are strictly complete stories, which is the reason I so painfully explained the back story so there was no need to read the original story in this "series". Delighted you enjoyed it, well done for getting through it!

chastenchastenover 3 years ago

I enjoyed that thoroughly, though my butt is getting sore sitting here reading! :-)

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 3 years ago
Long, excellent work!

Just finished this story and thoroughly enjoyed it! The female protagonist was delightful and the rest of the characters were well written, too. There was a lot of background information and clever details included, but most of all of it turned out to be useful before the story was over. There was good foreshadowing about the identity of the infiltrator, but the questionable injury of a possible traitor was a nice misdirect to keep things in doubt. The best trick was in the title, leaving the reader expecting Jen’s nightmare to be that certain somebody rather than the careful setup along the way. There were a few typos scattered here and there, but nothing too distracting. Finally, did I mention that it was long? Yes, very long, but a fun read to make up for it.

Well done! 5*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSpencerfiction@Spencerfiction
An old printer, typesetter, proofreader, local politician and activist. I write for pleasure only, an untrained writer too set in his ways to change or learn. I have courted and been wedded to the same impossible angel for over four decades, so I am an unremitted romantic. If ...

SIMILAR Stories