All Comments on 'Jetsam'

by onehitwanda

Sort by:
  • 127 Comments (Page 2)
tentaclesforalltentaclesforallover 1 year ago

These last couple of days, I've found myself re-reading some of your stories and reading new ones for the first time.

A common theme clearly appears to be overcoming adversity, leaving an old life behind and the transition towards a new hope and new love...

Mundane every day life often seems very distant, something your protagonists are trying to escape from...

None of your stories are very grounded in everyday life, everyday concerns or any of the raw grittiness of the tiresome humdrum of ordinary life... It's alluded to, but it always seems very distant and is only ever hinted at on the edge of things.

It tends to lend your stories a very ethereal and dreamlike quality that permeates most of your writing, and I find myself very much drawn to it...

Maybe it's the sense of escapism we are looking for when reading romantic stories, but whatever it is, you've clearly found your own tone, your own style and a way of telling your own stories; and even more clearly it's very much working for you...

So, thank you for all you've offered us here...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lovely story as always. Was hoping to see more kiting scenes, kiteboarders are a special bunch with a mindset I didn't really see in Ash. Still enjoyed it a lot!

R_GazinyaR_Gazinyaabout 1 year ago

Every time I read one of Wanda’s works, I feel I’ve been given a gift I don’t deserve.

Please write more.

LargoKittLargoKittabout 1 year ago
Keepin' it real

For me, this is truly a primer on how to write a romantic, sexy story. And it goes so far beyond the usual fare titillating us with hot and heavy bridged by a bit of personal stuff. And you have passages like "Men are lucky. They blaze like wildfire and go out quickly. It's seldom they're the ones who have to sweep up the ashes. That's our lot. The wives. The partners. The lovers,"

What I liked most was the feeling of two real women exploring how to become closer to each other when neither was confident it would work. That has to happen a lot, and I believed it. And the sex dovetailed nicely with the witty dialog. I imagine you write good plays or could if that were your druthers.

Keep it up. And love to Flotsam.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69about 1 year ago

Who doesn't love a love story.

_robin_robinabout 1 year ago

I love, love, love this one. Fortunately, the dramatic disasters weren’t too bad in this story. Yeah, she wrecked the mini - but walked away. Then, dad died - but quickly & painlessly. I was surprised we had no traumatic/violent encounters with ex-lovers. As for brilliant dialogue, the Kelly Blue Book riff was excellent. Lots of other laugh-out-loud doubles entendres etc.

I did think that Kelly was going to propose to Ash, but actually they both made enough promises about forever commitment, so that’s good enough. This one was really sweet, thank you.

JoannexxJoannexxabout 1 year ago

Omg, a wonderful story so sensitively written. Such a skill. You manage to build up to and then describe intimacy without getting into porn. The last page was so good, so emotional, wonderful.

Thank you. Xx

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai643about 1 year ago

What a wonderful story!

I have now read this twice and am convinced it is one of the best stories on Literotica!

The characters are so real to me, the emotions and feelings expressed!

Thank you so much!

Is there going to be more of their story!

dumdondumdonabout 1 year ago

There should be a way to offer MORE than just 5 stars. It's official: you have just become my favorite author.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

By god but you can write. Excellent. An at times laugh out loud, wonderful love story. 5* of course.

hrnymom6814hrnymom681411 months ago

Another wonderful story! So glad I came across you. I look forward to reading more of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Why do I read the stories of onehitwanda and cry so much? Just tears constantly streaming down my face. God I love these stories. I like the sex, but it's the love shown that gets the tears flowing. I hope your life is wonderful, Wanda. Just know that you brought joy to one aging dude in the States

NoTanLines2NoTanLines210 months ago

This one deserves six stars! From time to time I read it again, like visiting a dear friend. I know the story but I want to "hear" the dialogue again, to feel the emotions...and memories...evoked. (BTW, it's also a sure cure for dry eyes.)

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This made me laugh out loud; cry in sadness and joy. Thank you for taking me on this journey. Unbelievably good. BardnotBard.

LrtikagraphLrtikagraph9 months ago

The story is so elegant and the writing is so beautiful. “And, bit by bit, the immediate horror eased into the background as the mundane laid a thin layer of cheap varnish over it.”

DeniseWDeniseW8 months ago

Your exquisite writing had me in tears, then joyous laughter at "shallow pathetic loathsome malodorous weasel-fucking swamp-donkeys", then further emotions burst out as I continued to read this story, your writing is very heartwarming and enjoyable. Thank you for taking the time and energy to make stories like these.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

"hand tools" lmfao!!!

teekjayteekjay6 months ago

I’ve lost count of the number of times I have read this story. But every time I read it, it brings out the same beautiful emotions without fail. I’ve spent my 35 years as a journalist as both a writer and editor, and I find your stories some of the best I have read.

You truly have a unique, amazing talent. Talk about a hit streak - “Sunshine,” “Lamplight,” “Sandcastles,” “Sketching Sophie,” “On the Simplicity of Words,” “Roses for Erin” - truly a literary treasure trove. Looking forward to reading “The Lost Girl of Avignon.“

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy6 months ago

Breathtaking beautiful, tears running down and a good start for a happy ending …. And childhood, parenting, horrors, pain, fear, broken childs and hearts ….. and we kids have to carry this for the rest of our days …. Not good enough, not big enough, not intelligent enough, not just name it ….. impressive tale and writing …. Thank you wanda

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨☘️

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Tears

:)

nykiwi69nykiwi695 months ago

Absolutely amazing story. Reducing a middle aged bloke to tears was quite unexpected. Truly talented story teller.

texlootexloo3 months ago

This moved me. My wife and I have been together for 2.5 decades. I am still excited to see her come home. This really touched my heart.

Also 'But the field in which I grow my fucks is, sad to say, barren' is a hilarious expression. I am sure I will be borrowing it soon, as life is full of idiots.

bigtasty101bigtasty1013 months ago

Extremely well written. I was almost in tears at some points.

MetalHeadReader4345MetalHeadReader43453 months ago

'Jetsam' is, by a slim margin, my favorite story in your works. Evocative and well crafted. Kudos!

JKFRJKFR2 months ago

Absolutely stunning!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Superb just right and found tears on my face from time to time and thats from a 73 year old man. Keep writing please

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useronehitwanda@onehitwanda
Profligate reader, harsh critic, published author, lingu(istic)ally deft, Daughter of Coldharbour, hopeless Arcane fangirl, wielder of the sword of Damoclites. Occasionally muffled but never decaffeinated. I've always loved the blurry line between realism and fantasy, hen...

SIMILAR Stories