All Comments on 'Jetsam'

by onehitwanda

Sort by:
  • 127 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighover 2 years ago

A first-rate story, Wanda, and I loved every word of it. It's a perfect mixture of discovery, love, tragedy and rebirth with some very goods turns of phrase. Shame there's not a new story like this every day but that's the luck of the draw. Some days almost all of the new tales are brilliant, other days not so much---mind you, the poor days make the good days so much more welcome. Jetsam is one of these "five stars, I wish it could be more" contributions.

(I know what you mean about some West Country locals and the way they drive on those narrow, twisting roads. Been there, seen that, almost got the t-shirt a couple of times!)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am not entirely sure what we did to deserve a second story so soon, but thank fuck because that discovery just improved my whole week tenfold. Not that I've ever been disappointed by a story of yours, but I'll happily report that both qualify as home runs even by your extraordinarily high standards - wow, what a ride! I'm so going to add this to my tray of "reread if happy or sad"-stories and I honestly can't wait to discover all the little details I missed this first time around.

I've been reading your stories for what must be half a decade now, and every comment heaping up praise still feels weirdly inadequate - I don't suppose I'll get over that any time soon, then. I equally love how gut-wrenching your depictions of grief and how ecstatic your depictions of joy are; how sympathetic to your protagonists your storytelling is, and how serious you take them. The note from your introduction really struck a chord with me - the feeling of you trying to do right by them, of you wanting something better for them, jumps out from every line and makes even the tragic parts uplifting. Love it! And as always: I cannot wait for whatever you decide to do next. Please be back sooner rather than later? :)

P.S.: I will say that car-shopping wasn't something I was expecting to be taken along for. Not that I'm complaining! It is still interesting, though - your stories tend to tell tales that (to me at least) feel very insular, very isolated from reality as a whole, and people leaving their bubbles to go do everyday stuff - even things like grocery shopping in a Porsche, sitting in a dockside restaurant, watching football with roommates - is always a bit like waking up from a dream. Suddenly there's people, and things, and I'll be a bit disoriented for a minute or two.

silveraidersilveraiderover 2 years ago

Life is good. Two 'Wanda' stories in a matter of weeks. No-one on Literotica writes longing and loneliness as well as you do, or lifts their characters out of it with love and lust as expertly. A story worth the reading. Thank you.

foxyfowlerfoxyfowlerover 2 years ago

I hope you will write more about Kelly and Ash this is a very moving story of unhappiness and finding each and love and cannot wait for the next chapter of this story you are a brilliant write again I say excellent story please do not keep us waiting to long thank you onehitwanda. xxxxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Seven stars. Absolutely wonderful!

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 2 years ago

"And, bit by bit, the immediate horror eased into the background as the mundane laid a thin layer of cheap varnish over it." Holy cow. It's authors like you that terrorize the rest of us into only being readers, never to attempt our own version of a similar telling! I was happy to see you had a story published. I was hooked in early, and had to finish the thing. Such lovely emotion, and growth of the characters. The pain, and the resolution. Thank you for this gift...

MigbirdMigbirdover 2 years ago

Beautifully poignant, sensual love story between two characters so real, so alive — I felt like I got to know them; could feel their joy, pain, fear. The blend of dialogue and introspective moments perfect. This piece is the second of yours I’ve read; the first was Sketching Sophie. Yes, another mesmerizing romance, but different from this piece in ways that reveal your vivid imagination. Both 5 stars. Please keep sharing scenes from your mind. And, by the way, I, too, am a latte consumer.

blueyes4ublueyes4uover 2 years ago

wonderful story,luved it...So well written

NoLongerAnonNoLongerAnonover 2 years ago

A wonderfully well written story. I was captivated by the two characters as they slowly built a relationship, sharing in their fears and embarrassments. There was some great dialogue and no little wit ("Bellatrix Lestrange after she'd licked an electrical socket"). But when Ash finally opened up I felt so much pain that I briefly feared that this was going to be a tragedy. This is work of the highest quality. Five stars are not enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

one of the best stories i have read on this site ,amazing ,please write more about this couple i feel there is a lot more for them to do .thank you

iclacoiclacoover 2 years ago

This is a beautiful story. The skill you have in bringing these two fractured people to life is wonderful. Your words painted the scenes in my mind so clearly I felt that I was there watching.

Coincidentally we were thinking of spending our next summer holiday in Dorset and this story has made me more determined to make that happen. I can’t thank you enough for sharing this story with us it has given me a nice warm feeling of happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I will read this again and again..... . Such a beautiful story. Thank you so much for the posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Omg, absolutely adored this. Thank you for such a beautiful and well-written story.

Grumpy23240Grumpy23240over 2 years ago

Excellent. I have waited a long time for for another piece from you, Wanda! Lovely sensitive and intelligent writing.

Donos253Donos253over 2 years ago

Loved the story and emotions of life in turmoil to an ending of the sun setting and a new beginning, definitely 5 stars…

sandy_parissandy_parisover 2 years ago

I'd like to echo what Mainaigh said better than I could. Thank you for this and the previous stories

ArediaArediaover 2 years ago

I really love this story. The icing on this cake is - for me, at least - the repartee (for lack of a better word) between Ash and Kelly whilst they're still figuring out one another.

"The coast is ravenous and I am delicious."

"Go ahead, the bodies are all buried out back under the hedge - let me know if you see anything twitching and I'll grab the pitchfork."

"The paint's there to tell me when the road is too narrow."

Absolutely love those. They may be old hat to you, but to me they're hilarious.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

You lost me at the point where they start making love the day after the accident.

Been there, where I was in a mini car, stopped at the last second and thought I was saved, and then was thrown like a toy by a car behind me, and ended up in a total-loss car with me mostly unharmed.

Thinking about sex a day after that, is quite not convincing. The crash is such a huge break in your boundaries, that the idea of anyone broaching one's physical boundaries is quite unthinkable for a while.

So

jackie_emjackie_emover 2 years ago

Great story and very well developed. I love the characters and how their relationship developed. Super job.

Zeke88Zeke88over 2 years ago

Brilliant story, 6 on a scale up to 5. Particularly enjoyed the dialog, very natural and relaxed. The comment of the Queen writing a letter, and the field where you grow your... TERRIFIC!

AliceGeeAliceGeeover 2 years ago

Truly, truly wonderful. Such an uplifting love story. The characterizations are simply perfect, so much so that I feel that Kelly and Ashleigh are now personal friends of mine. I can honestly say that I feel better for having read this story and I'm sure that the grin on my face will last all day. My only regret is that I am only able to give five stars because the tale deserves so much more. Thank you for bringing this ray of sunshine into my life.

Sue_uk123Sue_uk123over 2 years ago

Simply awesome. Sue x

Sue_uk123Sue_uk123over 2 years ago

Simply beautiful. Will live long in the memory.

Only_connectOnly_connectover 2 years ago

What an amazing story. Outstanding. So well-crafted, sensitive and involving.

It's such a great part of the UK... So many childhood holiday memories... If I was going to have a passionate romance I'd definitely go to the Lyme Regis / Charmouth area to do it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow

LiveCatLiveCatover 2 years ago

Fucking brilliant! The well crafted mix of self discovery, vulnerability, humour (their dialogue brilliant!) and romance had me hooked. I was surprised to be doing other things but once I started reading I couldn't stop and..... Oh well, there's always tomorrow.

Thank you for posting this 😁

laurabodenlaurabodenover 2 years ago

Really enjoyed your story of these two young woman. Now that my eye's have been opened to your hidden talents, I'll have to go and read your previous works. Thanks so much and Merry Christmas to you.

Bammerman76Bammerman76over 2 years ago

Love your writing. I devour every story you put out. Thank you for sharing

2oothfairy2oothfairyover 2 years ago

Beautiful story, so well written, thank you.

clearcreekclearcreekover 2 years ago

There are wonderful storys to be found in Literotica, This is one of the best. Some may equal, none above.

ca_daveca_daveover 2 years ago

As always I cannot give this story the number of stars it deserves. Your stories are always moving and this one may have been the most so of all. Thank you Wanda for you wonderful ability to make these characters come to life. 5 Stars it truly deserves many more than that.

ScloseeScloseeover 2 years ago

I absolutely loved this beautiful story! It was well written and the whole story flowed very smoothly. It is already marked as one of my favorites, and will remain there. Thank you for sharing this story with your fans.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Soo soo beautiful...

XactoXactoover 2 years ago

Thank you for writing such a beautiful story. You captured a lot of pain and deftly turned it into redemptive promise.

niks42niks42over 2 years ago

I was engaged, intrigued and hopeful that it would turn out the way it did from the start. Thank you for a lovely story, told in a very moving way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A beautiful tale, two lovely girls and the future looks rosy!

This was my first read of one of your stories, and now i am going to check out the next..i hope there are more...

Thank you.

shayneoneshayneoneover 2 years ago

well done when i get lost in the story theres no better complement thanks be well happy and safe shayne

FandeborisFandeborisover 2 years ago

You certainly have a hit Wanda. Sorry/not sorry. :)

A lovely tale of two women coming together. Two women at odds with themselves, falling in love and living happily ever after. Who could ask for more?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your stories crackle with sheer quality but this one is an absolute belter l think I’ll read this more times than I’ve read all the others and while I understand the one hit I’m still longing to learn what happens on Saturday night (London Girl)!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think this is your best ever, and that’s saying quite a lot.

Andrea_EAndrea_Eover 2 years ago

Absolutely beautiful writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was absolutly beautiful! I loved it and look forward to your next story. Beautifully written, flowed well - just great! Look forward to many more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"I'm gonna climb you like a squirrel "

Was ok up until then, then I had to give up sorry

DukaaDukaaover 2 years ago

Well, that was something to say the least. Something amazing. I didn't expect to get that invested into this little world, but with every page it got more under my skin. One could really imagine the beautiful scenery at the waterside, listening the gentle sound of waves braking. Also I saw quite a lot of myself in them, especially in the beginning. Wanting and needing to belong, searching your place in life - or in someone else's life -are such powerful motives. Helps putting your view on your life in perspective.

PygmyCohoPygmyCohoover 2 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Well done that man!

As a nod to the Royal Navy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A magnificent story. Five stars!

GoldenredDragonGoldenredDragonover 2 years ago

Almost too much drama, but who am I kidding? I love your stories, the emotions are always so strong and authentic. Thank you.

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Damn Wanda! Wonderful story, not a fairy tale though, which is one of the things I love about your stories - real life on the page. I also love how you nail your characters personalities, attitudes, mannerisms, their lives, the space they inhabit and all with a minimal amount of words. That “Cheap coat of Varnish” phrase broke me, that is exactly how the mundane works in that situation, and yes I’ve lost people so I’m aware. Thank you for writing and posting, cheers, Ppfzz.

acupacupover 2 years ago

After your recent post, I had to go back and enjoy many of your earlier stories.

I both love and curse them. There are the most heart felt and gut wrenching stories that never cease to bring both a tear and a laugh.

But damn it woman! Every damn one of them stops like there should be several more pages!

So like most of the old men that enjoy them, I will wait for the next one with hopes that it goes just a little bit further.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An utterly heartfelt and heart-warming story of two lost and damaged souls finding each other and finding happiness. I’m so happy for Ash that she will have lots of happy times with her Mum from now on.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 2 years ago

Is it weird that I've sat here on a re-read (or three or four) Google mapping Lyme Regis, Exeter, and Ringwood?

gunmakergunmakerover 2 years ago

Thank You! I'll take this as my retirement present.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Imho you write three kinds of stories; very good, excelent and fantastic. This was the latter category.

Through_Burning_EyesThrough_Burning_Eyesover 2 years ago

One of the most beautiful stories I've read here.

OU8ME2ICOU8ME2ICover 2 years ago

Another superb story. i’ve been reading your stories one after another….

Arinderk75Arinderk75over 2 years ago

Being a new fan, it is a twohitwanda that I enjoy reading. I anxious to make it 3 for 3.

JoannexxJoannexxover 2 years ago

Beautifully written - a lovely story

UncertainTUncertainTover 2 years ago

Absolutely captivating! 5*

Levi1999Levi1999over 2 years ago

Another fabulous story. As a long time lurker I don't know of a more consistently good writer on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Brilliant !...you really ought to consider writing a Book !..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I would have expected more self doubt and questioning from a woman who had self identified as heterosexual when she found herself attracted to another woman.

FirstClassFlirtFirstClassFlirtabout 2 years ago

Loving your stories even if it hurts a bit when I find myself laughing one minute and crying soon after. Brilliant! Course I’m a sucker for a love story with a happy ending, so I’m very happy I found you. My life certainly didn’t parallel either of these women, but I related to so much of it. It felt vey real. Thank you

Jimbo3948Jimbo3948about 2 years ago

Beautiful. Simply beautiful story...

RobjustRobRobjustRobabout 2 years ago

Another great story, thanks for these.

GlendarGlendarabout 2 years ago

Just. Wow.

Such intense affection and.. everything.

Po8pPo8pabout 2 years ago

Shit like this could make a man wish he'd become a lesbian himself

DickSimpsonDickSimpsonabout 2 years ago

I liked the kale touch. YUCK!

kathy2012kathy2012about 2 years ago

Excellent story! Well developed! Nice flirtatious build up to very hot sex! I was flowing like a river!

Best Regards,

Kathy

deepred53deepred53about 2 years ago

I was rereading some of my favorites, and this keeps getting better each read!

Cait_SCait_Sabout 2 years ago

Just an amazing story -- deep characters, well-written drama, and really hot (but realistic) sex scenes. I cried at least three times. Thank you for sharing it!

tankenginetankengineabout 2 years ago

A beautiful portrait of developing love. You really feel you know these people. I've only given it 4 stars because there are places where I found myself skimming - it could have been shorter and sharper.

Cindy1001Cindy1001almost 2 years ago

Beautiful. Amazing. Intimate. Exciting. Made me flow in several places.

sarah4gurlzsarah4gurlzalmost 2 years ago

Every story of yours that I read deepens my awe at your mastery of the storytelling craft, the richness of your palette of characters, situations and feelings, and your flair for bringing them all to compellingly vibrant and vivid life. And that's not to mention your flawless prose!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well I just cried my eyes out. I hope you wrote full novels somewhere, I could read your writing every day.

EnglishvoyeurEnglishvoyeuralmost 2 years ago

Another tender, deeply sexy novella from you. Your writing is sublime.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You are, without question, one of the finest writers on the site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A v cute story! I feel like a lot of life events happen in just three weeks, but the atmosphere and slow build up is great! I love how this is a romantic story instead of just a sex story, and there is a world for these characters.

MarshallaMarshallaalmost 2 years ago
A long one ...

... but worth every moment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was the best story I have ever read in this site. Just sublime.

dreams_of_freedomdreams_of_freedomover 1 year ago

You know, as I finish yet another of your stories that I absolutely loved, I think perhaps one hit Wanda is perhaps a misleading name!

AquariusgirlAquariusgirlover 1 year ago

Onehitwanda, you have out done yourself with this story! Every so often on this site I read a new story, that I think is 'now my new favourite one'... That's just happened again. I genuinely didn't know want this to end, it was such a great read. Thank you :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This made me cry, you are an incredible writer.

I love the gentleness in your stories, in this cruel and heartless world they provide a little haven to escape to.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

What a roller coaster of emotions. Loved the tender love between the two, the grief they shared and the hope for a future they had. It was a shame that the red lace bra and panties went to waste because of the car crash, but I'm sure they made up for that at a latter time. Loved the story, thanks.

gnome_mangnome_manover 1 year ago

Truly amazing story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Beautiful story.

For_the_writing_onlyFor_the_writing_onlyover 1 year ago

It’s been almost nine years since I was last in Great Britain and your words have transported me back to my childhood and a culture I’d been disconnected from. I’m delighted every time I read your writing—it’s a beautifully woven tapestry of imagery and storytelling. Thank you, truly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A love story based in Dorset near one of my favourite places in the UK, Lyme. I am very familiar with the Life boat station on the Cobb and Marine Parade having visited Lyme more than twenty times in the last 30 years :-). It made the entire story more realistic for me with the mention of places I know and love. I will now go and see if you have written anything else that will be of interest. Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Second time reading, still as fresh and fantastic as the first time.

So love your stories, you build scenes that bring the reader into the lives of the characters, the sex is loving and tender unlike so much that is the norm of 'wham bam thank you mam'.

I really enjoy the fact that they're all set in England, in places I recognise.

I've read all your stories on here, all have their merits, for me the best are the those marked as lesbian.

Please write more of what you enjoy and I'm sure we will too.

Rambling_ChantrixRambling_Chantrixover 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing this story... the thing that stood out to me the most, here, was Kelly's ease in embracing her identity and needs, I think. Like, the anguish is about self confidence and also trespassing, but it's not about "ahhhh how do I be gay." She realizes what she wants, eventually, and accepts it beautifully. This isn't to say that stories with more "ahhhh how do I be gay" are worse, in any way—but it's lovely to see a tale like this once in a while. Cheers!

UncertainTUncertainTover 1 year ago

So many good comments, I agree with them all. I love the writing, the story and especially the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is superb! The story, the prose and the characters all work beautifully.

Above all else, I love the dialogue - it feels so natural, and really allows the characters to shine. Plus, some of it is genuinely really witty.

UncertainTUncertainTover 1 year ago

This story has become an old favourite, i can't come accross it and not read it again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Words fail me. Bloody good storey.

S9808S9808over 1 year ago

I was absolutely over awed by this storey. So real and believable. The storey paints a picture so vividly and relatable, especially if there has been a similar experience personally. So good do not stop writing. I think I need to find another storey to read that would be as heart warming especially at this time of year.

NoTanLines2NoTanLines2over 1 year ago

I laughed. I cried. This one really grabs you, with its compelling story (that I can relate to), plus wonderful dialogue. It's a story to visit again from time to time, like a dear friend.

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

Second (or maybe third) reading. And this is a complete story. I was thrilled by it and by your writing.

Coincidentally, my wife just got a promotion and we are likely to be moving to the south of England, so it was fun (like several other of your stories) get closeup looks at that area.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useronehitwanda@onehitwanda
Profligate reader, harsh critic, published author, lingu(istic)ally deft, Daughter of Coldharbour, hopeless Arcane fangirl, wielder of the sword of Damoclites. Occasionally muffled but never decaffeinated. I've always loved the blurry line between realism and fantasy, hen...

SIMILAR Stories