Jim Wagner Pt. 02

Story Info
Jim discovers more about his parents and angels.
8.9k words
4.83
4.2k
14

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/28/2023
Created 09/07/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This chapter picks up where the first chapter ended, so it will make more sense if you read it first. As with all of my work, it builds slowly and I hope it won't disappoint you. If you want something fast, this is probably not for you

When you get to the end, please take time to rate the story, and leave a comment. I read them all. Also, if you want, send me an email - I try to answer every one.

Thank you for your time.

XXXXX

The next two days were spent cleaning up after the storm for Ken and his friends. A little work with a shovel and chainsaw and most of them were done - as if the storm never happened. Even though I asked Ken to give them all a call to let them know I was going to come by their homes, they were surprised to see me. Most of the conversations were like the one I had with Annie King, Nat's wife.

I was hauling the smaller broken branches away from the home to a place where I could cut them easily and not have to move the bits too far when Mrs. King came out.

"Jim, hi," she started, "what are you doing here?"

"Hi, Mrs. King, didn't Ken call you? I wanted to get a little clean up done for people who were special to me," I explained. "Just to get the big stuff away from the house and move the sand bags."

"First, call me Annie," she said with a smile. "Ken did call but to be honest I just thought it was talk."

I looked at her. She had to know I wasn't like that. Once I said I would do something, I'd do it.

"Annie, I know you and Nat have helped me over the years when I really needed it," I explained to her.

"You weren't supposed to know," she said softly.

"You and Nat are family and I will do anything for my family," I told her. What I didn't expect were her tears and walking over to me.

"We should have done so much more," she said as she held me in a hug. For a guy who hadn't had any hugs since he was 11, the last few days had been a bit overwhelming. I returned her hug and couldn't help but notice at about 40 she had the body of a 22 year old. I released her and she stepped back.

"Annie, I am sure you did what you could," I told her looking into her eyes. "If it weren't for the circumstances, I wouldn't be the person I am, and in some strange way I am very thankful."

My parents were killed by a drunk driver when I was 11 years old. My father and mother wanted me to live with my uncle and aunt, but did not grant them guardian responsibilities. Those belonged to Nat King, Annie's husband. I was not wanted by my uncle and aunt and they took every chance to remind me. I slept in their pool house on a cot and was able to use the refrigerator there. I learned very early to stay out of their way and spent time in the public library reading or studying before going back to the pool house. Some evenings I found a cold dinner on a paper plate waiting for me.

I knew my parents loved me and they gave me enough love to last a lifetime by the time they were killed. I missed them everyday, but they thought this was the best place for me, and I just decided not to question their wisdom and made the best of it. I had to grow up fast.

After I turned 14, I decided to try and earn some money. I wanted to get my own clothes; the ones my uncle and aunt gave me were hand-me-downs from my cousins which were always torn, stained and not in good repair. All I needed was a pair of jeans or two, a few t-shirts, a sweat shirt and a jacket. Not much. Plus, I wanted to go to college and knew I needed to earn money for school.

So, I put up a few ads around town and I was soon doing yard work for folks. Before long I had regulars and was working by referral, which led me to Ken Staples. One of my regular clients were Nat and Annie King whose yard I was in to clean up after the storm.

"Well, at least let me pay you for the work," Annie said.

"No, thank you," I told her. "You wouldn't pay your family to do this. Besides, I'll be gone in less than 30 minutes. I have a few more folks to help," I told her with a smile.

"Well, thank you, Jim," she said with a smile. I turned and got back to work after watching her walk away. The way her hips moved!

I eventually finished getting by everyone's house and was driving back to Ken's. Every person had offered to pay me, and I consistently turned it down. None of them asked for my assistance; I offered it. Besides, I had done work for all of them at one time or another and this was a way for me to thank them for their help when I really needed it.

It was dark when I got back to Ken's house. Again, I was sore, tired and hungry but happy because I was able to help some people who were important to me. I didn't see his car so I sent him a text thanking him for the use of the truck and I would be going to my uncle and aunt's house.

I received a text from him immediately telling me he was still at work and an emergency had come up. He told me to take the truck with me and to use it when I went to Nat's house the next morning.

Worried that he might not get anything to eat, I asked him if I could bring him dinner. He thanked me and told me he was okay and to get some rest. A moment later he sent me another text.

"Don't be surprised by anything you learn tomorrow from Nat. Remember your parents loved you and always wanted the very best for you. Whatever happens. Whatever you learn, Know you are loved."

I had no idea what he was trying to communicate and decided all would become clear to me when I met with Ken. I didn't know how to respond except to say thank you and that I'd do my best.

The next morning I was at Nat and Annie's house dressed in my better pair of jeans and an oxford shirt hoping I was dressed okay to see an attorney. For some reason I was nervous as I rang the doorbell. Ken's text kept running through my head, but it still wasn't any more clear to me. It was only a moment before Nat answered the door with a smile.

"Jim," he greeted me, "I'm so glad you are here," as he offered his hand to shake and then withdrew it to draw me into a hug. That surprised me. The few times we had talked he had only offered his hand to shake.

"There is so much for me to tell you," he said when he released me. He led me into what I think was the dining room and I saw folders spread out on the surface. I looked at him then back at the folders and then back at him. I was a little worried and had no idea what was going on.

"Nat, is everything okay? Am I in some kind of trouble," I asked.

"God, I'm so sorry," he said apologetically. "You have no clue but everything is good; very good. I need to go over a lot with you today and it will all become clear."

I nodded and smiled. What else could I do?

"Let's get started. Have a seat so we can begin," he told me. I took the chair just to his right and waited while he picked up an envelope. Just then Annie walked in the room. I stood up out of respect.

"Good morning, Annie," I greeted her with a smile and having no clue why she was here.

"Good morning, Jim," she said as she gave me a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek. Then she turned to Nat.

"Nat, have you offered him any water, juice, coffee or anything." she demanded.

"No," Nat told her a bit embarrassed, "I was just too focused on getting started."

"Don't worry about it," Annie assured him, "I will bring in a few things. Just give me a moment." Then she went into the kitchen.

"Jim, I'm so sorry," Nat told me. "I've been waiting for this day for seven years and there is so much I am supposed to tell you. I just wanted to get to it."

"Nat," I told him, "it's not a problem. I probably would have been the same way," I assured him with a smile. Nat teared up a bit.

"You are just like him," he said. "Always making others feel good. Thank you, Jim."

"Him?"

"Your father," Ken said. "All will be explained soon."

As Nat finished speaking, Annie re-entered the room carrying a tray with water, juice, a few cookies and fresh fruit. And, a box of tissues. I wondered why the last item was on the tray, but pulled two out and handed them to Ken.

"Already," Annie asked.

"He's the best of his Father and Mother," Ken said as he wiped his eyes.

"That's not a big surprise," Annie said as she softly kissed the top of my head on her way out of the room.

"We begin," Nat said, which were the first words that led to revelations that would change my life.

"I was your parent's attorney. When you were born they set up a trust and every year they would write you a letter. Should anything happen to them, my instructions were to give it to you when you turned 18 and graduated from high school if Annie and I thought you grew up like they wanted you to," Ken explained to me. "You are better than they could have ever imagined."

Nat handed me an envelope with a letter to me from my parents. Most of it was very personal. The letter explained why Nat and Annie were my legal guardians but I lived with my uncle and aunt. Mom and Dad hoped my uncle and aunt might change if I lived with them. If they didn't, my parents thought I'd become stronger since they had given me the best first years of my life that they could and taught me basic values. They knew they gave me the tools and determination to succeed. And, they reminded me that they loved me and would always love me.

I was glad Annie brought the tissues because I needed them. I read the letter twice and then looked at Ken.

"They loved me," I told Nat quietly.

"Keep reading," he said.

I continued to read the letter and found they had a list of people who would help me when they could - kind of like guardian angels. In reading the list I saw that it included my regular customers and the principal of my high school. The list included men and women. My parents went on to explain that they had an unbreakable bond with these people that not only included respect and caring, but also involved intimate relations that only made the bonds stronger.

Intimate relations? Wait. Mom and Dad had sex with all of these folks? After they were married? And then it hit me. Mom and Dad loved these people fully. I looked up at Nat.

"Mom and Dad loved you and Annie." trying to confirm my thoughts.

"It was mostly your Dad," Ken explained, "because of what Annie and I needed from him. Your Mother loved us, as well, but it was different. They were both very caring to everyone based on what people needed."

The letter went on to tell me that I could care for my guardian angels, as well, if they wanted me to. It ended with them apologizing for not being there for me and reminded me that they loved me so very much.

I reached for more tissues and just sat there crying for a few minutes. Nat left the room, to give me privacy. A few minutes later after I had stopped crying, Annie came in and sat down next to me. Without saying a word, she reached over and drew me into a hug and just held me. I had not been held like that in many years.

"Jim," Annie whispered, "Nat and I love you and are so happy you have grown into the man you are. We know your parents would be so very, very proud of you." That whisper started my tears flowing again. Annie held me until they stopped flowing. A soft kiss again to my hair and she got up. Nat returned to the room.

"Jim, are you okay," he asked as I was drinking a bottle of water. When I finished, I looked at him and offered a small smile.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I assured him. "It's great to know they loved me and I had guardian angels. Thank you to you both for looking over me." I paused for a moment and realized that this couldn't be easy for him. "Are you okay?"

"Worrying about me," he said as he shook his head in almost disbelief. "You really are the very best of them both."

"It's going to be okay," I told him as I put my hand over his. He shook himself mentally it seemed.

"We have a few more things to go over. The hardest part is over, I think."

Then Ken opened a folder and explained to me that he collected my parents' life insurance policies on my behalf and gave them over to a friend for investment. All money went into a trust for me. The money manager was another guardian angel and had not charged the trust anything for his services.

Ken handed me an account balance sheet. The life insurance was $3,500,000 between policies from work and ones they'd taken out. Over the last seven years since my parents had been killed, it had grown to over $9,000,000. I just looked up at Ken in disbelief.

"That's why Annie and I were your guardians," Nat told me. "Your parents knew if your uncle and aunt ever got that money, they would spend it, and you would never see a dime. They wanted to make sure it would be there for you if they were gone."

I just nodded my head and looked at Ken.

"I'd trade the money for my parents any day," I told him.

"I know, Jim, I know,' he told me. "I miss them everyday, too. But, there's a bit more."

"More?"

"Your Mom and Dad started a savings account for your college fund. When they died the total in the fund was about $75,000. Your Mom and Dad had great jobs they loved so they were able to save. I gave it over to the same wealth manager and now it's over $165,000."

"But, I have a full tuition and books scholarship," I reminded him. "I don't need it."

"Your Mom and Dad thought that might happen, so they set up instructions to give you $3,500 per month if you didn't need it for school. The first deposit has already been made to your account today," Ken told me.

"Nat, I don't need it. It's too much," I told him. I had lived most of the last few years on $300 - $400 per month and was still able to save.

"If you don't use it, save it," Nat told me with a smile. "The balance of the account will be paid out when you graduate from college." I just nodded.

Nat opened another folder and there was a promissory note. My parents had loaned my uncle and aunt a large downpayment to buy their current house, something I never knew. Nat pointed out the loan was to be repaid when the house was sold and my parents, or their survivors, would receive 50% of the net proceeds from the sale of the house.

"I don't want 50% of the house," I said to Nat, "but I want the loan repaid."

"Your uncle and aunt have not contacted me regarding repayment," he said.

Hearing that, I just closed my eyes and thought about the way they had treated me. How I was never given any love and basically took care of myself for the last seven years. I realized that I didn't hate them, but never wanted to have contact with them ever again. However, they needed to repay the debt.

"What do you think about sending them a letter reminding them of the debt," I asked Nat. "Then, offer to change the terms of the note to principal plus 5% interest annually. What do you think, Nat?"

"That's very generous," he said. "And, if they don't agree, we can block the sale of the house. I will make sure we get it from the sale of the house, otherwise you will never see it."

"Good idea," I confirmed. "And, Nat, I want you to keep the money for the work you have done over the years."

"I can't."

"You can," I told him, "or give it away. Just let me know what you do, please."

Nat saw the day was taking a toll on me. Memories, both good and bad, had been stirred.

"Why don't we take a break? There are just a couple of more things," Nat said and I agreed.

I went out to their patio and just sat, thinking. I missed my Mom and Dad so much and really hoped that I was someone they would be proud of, as Annie told me. After a while I heard the clicking of high heels on the patio and looked up to see Annie approaching me. She was what everyone would picture when they thought sexy housewife. In good shape, slim, hair thick but not too long, perfect makeup, a dress that came down to just above her knees, and yes, pearls around her neck. I stood as she approached me.

"Sit down," she said smiling. "May I join you," she asked. I nodded and she sat next to me.

"Long day, huh," she observed.

"Not that long, but there have been surprises," I told her. "And, I think there's more."

I leaned forward with my head in my hands. As I did, I felt her rubbing my back slowly, comforting me.

"Don't forget you have your angels to help you," she reminded me in a soft voice.

I just nodded and got up.

"I need to finish with Nat," I told her.

"I understand, Jimmy," she said softly.

"My Mom called me Jimmy," I told her. "I have missed hearing it."

"I know, Jimmy," she said. "I used to babysit you and called you Jimmy then, like your Mom did."

"If you want, Annie," I told her after thinking for a moment, "you can call me Jimmy."

Annie got this huge smile, stood up, and put her arms around me in a hug and just held me. Well, we held one another. The scent of her perfume swirled around us, which I had not noticed before and it began to arouse me, which she felt, but didn't say a thing. I was embarrassed, but what can I say, I'm still an 18 year old male!

"You are coming over for dinner tonight," Annie told me after we ended our hug. "Be here at about 5:30."

I nodded and smiled, "Yes, M'am."

I went back in to finish with Nat. I won't bore you with the details, but after Mom and Dad died, Nat sold the house and gave the proceeds to the money manager. They bought their house at a good time and Nat sold it at a good time. The result was about $400,000. It, too, had been invested and was now over $1,200,000.

Good Lord. Yesterday I was living on peanut butter and cheese sandwiches counting every penny so I could eat. Today, well, I didn't have to worry about my next meal or if I could afford a second pair of jeans.

Then, he opened the last folder. On my behalf he made a claim with the insurance companies and the bar that had served the drunk driver. Nobody wanted to go to court, They sent Nat a check for $8,000,000 and he put that with a money manager. According to the rules of the trust, I couldn't touch any of that money until I was 25 years old, except to buy a home or to donate to non-profit organizations, and there were limits as to how much I could take for those things in place.

"Jim," Nat started, "this is how much money you have access to right now." Saying that he pushed over the tally of various investments. The amount was huge to me, and would be to most other people. I decided at that moment to not touch the money unless there was an unforeseen emergency. The other thing I'd do was to find ways to donate money to good causes but knew I'd need help.

I just looked at Nat for a moment. I was overwhelmed. I didn't have to exist on cheap food or wonder if I had enough money to eat. And, I knew I had to be careful and smart.

"Nat, I'm going to need you and Annie more than ever. Will you be my attorney? And, will you and Annie continue to be my guardian angels and help me to help others?"

As I finished the question, Annie came into the room. Had she been listening? Both were smiling and tearing and I was in my first group hug.

"Yes," they said in unison which made us laugh.

"There is one thing," I said seriously, "I would prefer it if nobody else knew about the money. I will still help my angels as much as I can and I don't want them to be uncomfortable."

"Well," Nat started, "they all know there is money, but nobody knows specifics."

"Let's keep it that way, please," I asked and they both agreed.

"I also need to meet the wealth manager and whoever the tax guy has been," I told Nat and he nodded.

"Annie, I will be back at 5:30 if the invitation is still open," I said.

"It's always open, Jimmy. Anytime you want, just come by," she said.

"Thank you both," I said smiling as I turned toward the door.

I went to my uncles and aunt's house just to walk around and think. I sat by the pool for almost an hour thinking about what I had just learned. Then, I went into the garage and noticed a storage cabinet with an old lock on it. I had never been in the garage before and wondered why a cabinet would still be locked after they moved.