Johanna and Maxine Pt. 05

Story Info
Maxine takes a walk on the wild side.
9.9k words
4.72
3.4k
3

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 06/30/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Shaima32
Shaima32
1,209 Followers

Tipping the Velvet.

In this part, Johanna has already had a one night stand with her ex girlfriend but is having doubts about it now. Maxine on the other hand hasn't gone all the way with Linda but now that she has caught her boyfriend cheating on her she has to take a stand and step out but that too has its risks and she finds herself in uncharted waters.

Maxine chose her outfit with care that morning starting with the white bra, panties, suspender belt and cream stockings she'd bought yesterday. She felt satisfied, it was definitely not church attire but the white pussybow blouse Robyn had made and a black three-quarter length pleated skirt provided a more conservative look along with a black tailored jacket and a black necklace. A black belt and white heels completed the outfit and as she entered the kitchen she sent a text to Mark.

Maxine: You and I need to talk today, no ifs, no buts, no I can't make it today.

Oddly enough his reply came back in the form of a thumbs up a few seconds later.

So maybe I just needed to be firmer, she mused.

"Hey babe," Rowena greeted her with a smile, "you're looking fabulous today, you're wearing one of Robyn's creations."

"Yeah," she returned the smile, "I like it."

"Even better," she chuckled, "have you spoken to Mark yet?"

"Mark," she frowned, "not yet, I um caught him pashing on with some chick outside the church last night, he knows I've seen him but we're having the talk this morning."

"Okay, so that gives you an easy out."

"Yeah," she frowned, "although I still feel guilty about Friday night with Linda, the only difference between him and me is I wasn't caught out. I can't cry and ask how he could do this to me but I'm a bit worried he might suddenly change his mind about this other woman and try to get back with me and let's not forget that if I admit anything about Friday night he'll probably tell everyone."

"So, who is this other woman? Is she from your church?"

"I can't recall seeing her before. Maybe it's someone from a different church, I don't know how long this has been going on for to be honest, he could've been seeing her for weeks."

"Be firm, once he's cheated on you there's no second chance. I'd drop David in a heartbeat if he did that to me."

"Which means I'll be single, again," she grimaced.

"And since when was that a bad thing? Being single gives you options and sleeping with someone doesn't mean you're in a relationship. Think test drive, evaluate, test drive again and ask questions but don't put all your eggs in one basket."

She flushed at that. Her younger sister was giving her advice but it was true she reasoned as she sat down to eat breakfast a few minutes later. For years she'd had this mantra about staying pure until your wedding night because that was the Christian way but in the real world people fell in and out of bed with each other all the time. She accepted that on an intellectual level but deep down she still associated sex with commitment, despite the obvious reality.

Maxine was still mulling things over as she pulled into the carpark and as luck would have it Mark was waiting near the front door. He was alone and he looked away as if trying to muster up enough strength to face her or was he recalling some carefully rehearsed speech?

"About last night," she pursed her lips, "I don't even know her name and I don't care but you could have told me you were seeing someone else."

"I was going to tell you last week but things got in the way and so I put it off."

"So we're both on the same page then. I've been wanting to call it quits too but I kept putting it off too," she replied, "although I'd have preferred we talk first."

"Me too, but to be honest I didn't think you'd even turn up last night. You've been kind of distant the last couple of weeks."

"I've had things on my mind," she looked past him, "but at least now we're clear. You can go back to your new girlfriend and I can move on with my life."

"No hard feelings?" Mark raised his eyebrows.

"No," she shrugged, "no hard feelings and no regrets," she inclined her head, "well, are we going in or not?"

"Um, I'm going to another church. I've gone back to Mooroolbark Baptist, it's where I met Amy in the first place."

"No worries," she held out her hand, "well I hope it works out for you both."

They shook hands and then he stepped back.

"Be seeing you around sometime.

Not if I see you first, she smiled.

"No worries," her smile remained fixed as he took another step back and turned around.

She watched him walk away and felt a mixture of sadness and relief although the latter feeling was the more dominant one. He nodded at an older woman, Abigail as he passed her and she smiled and then waved at Maxine.

"Good morning, how are you?"

"I'm fine," she returned the smile.

"Coming in?"

She didn't really feel like going in but she'd gone to all the trouble getting dressed up and so she followed Abigail inside. She was one of those down to Earth types and she'd been coming to this church for years but went through a bitter divorce when her husband tried to get custody of their children. She'd stayed single but lately she had been seeing a guy who didn't go to church, which instantly raised eyebrows amongst the older people but she didn't seem to care about other people's opinions anyway.

"Isn't Mark coming in?" Abigail glanced over her shoulder.

"No, he's started going to Mooroolbark Baptist."

"Rather him than me," she winced, "has something happened between you two?"

"We just broke up," she replied.

"Oh, honey, I'm sorry," she grabbed her arm, "come and sit with me."

She followed Abigail to a seat and sat down beside her, feeling instantly as if she didn't belong in this place anymore, despite Abigail's comforting presence. Would she be as friendly if she knew that she'd gotten on with a woman the other night? She chanced a look at her. Abigail had blonde hair and an easygoing personality but behind the façade she suspected that there was a world of hurt and disappointment. She knew that she had three children but they weren't with her today.

"Where're your kids today?"

"Staying over at mum's place," she replied, "grandparents make the best babysitters."

She nodded at that and forced herself to focus on the here and now.

The service began not long after and Maxine was disappointed by the sermon, which was all about sex before marriage and all the associated pitfalls. The preacher was a relatively new addition to the pastoral team but despite being a woman, she seemed to be even harder than the men. Even Abigail was distracted and checked her phone frequently during the sermon, she'd set it to silent and after the service she let out a sigh.

"Well that was draining," she murmured, "you'd think she could find a new approach to an age old subject," she glanced at her and smiled tightly.

"Tell me about it," she muttered.

The woman in front of them turned to greet Abigail and Maxine left the pew and looked around for some of her friends. She spotted them near the back and went over to talk to them. They were very sympathetic when she told them about Mark but their advice wasn't helpful. The last thing she was about to do was pray about it. Couldn't they come up with better advice? She finally stepped out of the church feeling as if she'd just been lectured to, even though they were trying to help and then she spotted Abigail leaning against one of the posts that supported the open verandah. She had the phone to her ear and a cigarette in her hand and she smiled. Maxine returned the smile and headed to her car but before she was halfway there Abigail called out and she turned around.

"Sorry, I meant to catch up with you before you left. Are you all right?"

"I'm fine," she replied, "I caught up with a couple of girlfriends."

"That's good, it's good to get support."

"Maybe, maybe not," she grimaced, "they told me to seek the Lord on it but I caught him pashing on with a woman over there last night," she pointed.

"We talked about it this morning before church and we both want to move on so why can't people just accept that and stop trying to interfere."

"I'm right with you," she chuckled, "they tried to stop me from leaving my husband but I'd had six years of his bullshit, excuse the French, and I wasn't going to go to marriage counselling. I'm with a nice guy now, he's not a Christian and we're both fine with that but every time I'm here I meet at least one of my old friends who wants to pray for me."

"Yet you still come here."

"Yeah, I've got a few good friends here who know where I'm at spiritually."

"I've got a couple as well," she replied.

"But move on, find someone new. There's plenty of fish in the sea, just take your time, with your looks all you have to do is flutter your eyelids and the boys go weak at the knees."

"Thanks," she smiled.

"Assuming you're after a guy," she went on, "my best friend, Robyn has been with her partner for years now. Maybe I should've changed sides but Stephen is a sweetheart."

"You know Robyn?"

"Yeah, we were good friends but I wasn't much support to her when she came out. I'm not proud of that by the way but we've maintained contact. She made my wedding dress and my divorce outfit and if I do decide to marry Stephen then she'll make the new wedding dress."

"So you're not sure about getting married yet?"

"No, he has his place and I have mine and it's better for both of us. You don't need to get married to do what we do together," she winked.

"Of course you don't," Maxine smiled, "I couldn't agree more."

"Well you take care. I'm not always here but if you need to talk I'll give you my number."

They exchanged numbers and Abigail nodded.

"Sweet, well if you need to talk I'll listen and I won't tell you to seek the Lord. It's a private thing, I do believe but I don't shove it down anyone's throat."

After they'd parted company Maxine slid behind the wheel of her car and stared at the church, it'd been an interesting hour and with a smile she started the engine and drove out of the carpark and at the main road she paused before turning right onto Mt Dandenong Road.

***

Maxine came to a halt in Linda's driveway. She'd almost gone to Johanna's place but changed her mind at the last minute. She frowned at the unfamiliar car sitting behind Linda's Monaro.

She's got company, maybe I shouldn't.

A moment later she backed out but when the door opened she stopped. Linda stepped outside and held up her palm and then a woman appeared behind her carrying two black garbage bags. Linda turned and the woman gave her a kiss on the cheek. Linda held up two fingers to Maxine and she backed all the way out and waited. A minute later she backed out into the street. She looked to be about Linda's age but it was hard to tell under the makeup, she smiled at Maxine and then drove away. Maxine drove into the drive and came to a stop behind Linda's car.

Linda was waiting beside her car. She was wearing a white blouse buttoned to the second button and a patterned, A-line skirt.

"Sorry, was I interrupting something?" Maxine asked as she got out of the car.

"No, that was mum," she replied, "she was just about to leave when you pulled up."

"She doesn't look old enough to be your mum."

"I'm sure she'll be glad to hear that," she chuckled, "it's a family trait I'm afraid," she looked her up and down, "you just come from church?"

"Afraid so," she replied.

"You look amazing, I might order one of those blouses. What am I saying? Since when did I just buy one of anything."

"I guess so," she closed the door, "I should've called first."

"Why? I said to just drop in? If I'm home I'm home and if I'm not I'm not, come on in."

"You're not busy?"

"Kind of, but it's something that can be interrupted. I've been getting rid of my fat clothes. Mum has taken two bags away now and she'll be back for more next week," she led her to the house.

"There's a few cardigans there if you're interested," she opened the flywire door.

"Won't they be too big for me?"

"No, they belonged to one of my ex girlfriends. She left them behind when she left me," she waved her inside, "I must have chucked them in a bag with the rest of my fat clothes but I took them out this morning when I found them," she closed the door behind them.

Maxine nodded as she glanced at the couch. It felt like she was returning to the scene of a crime, the memory of Friday night was still fresh.

"How're things on the boyfriend front or is that a sensitive subject?"

"He's my ex boyfriend now, we broke up a couple of hours ago," she dropped her handbag onto the couch and fluffed out her hair.

"I see," she nodded, "and how do you feel about it or is it too soon to talk?"

"I'm sad but relieved, he's been seeing her for the last week at least. I didn't want to ask him how long exactly but he took off for another church and I had to sit through yet another tiresome sermon about sex."

"Sounds like an exciting subject," she walked towards the kitchen.

"Not at church it's not," she fluffed out her hair, "it's how to avoid having sex."

"I know, I used to go to a church youth group when I was fifteen. It wasn't my thing," she reached the kitchen and flicked the button on the kettle.

"Coffee or tea?"

"I'll have whatever you're having."

"Where have I heard that before?" Linda grinned.

"Absolutely," she looked past her, "I need to use your loo."

"You know where it is," Linda shrugged.

It felt almost like déjà vu she mused a few minutes later as she washed her hands. She'd been here on Friday night and shortly after leaving the bathroom she'd been kissing Linda at the front door but it had been interrupted by that phone call. Even so, Linda had left the door open for her to stay until she got back. She had considered it briefly but the spell had already been broken and waiting around for her seemed a little, she frowned, desperate?

Nevertheless, she did feel a pull towards her but was it something that could be maintained or was she just taking advantage of an opportunity? Linda was desirable, there was no doubt there but was it something that'd last longer than a few weeks? She dried her hands as she considered her options, she was now single and although she wasn't out publicly, she was with a few trusted people. Linda hadn't initially been one of those people but after Friday night it'd become obvious.

"I could," she murmured quietly, "but should I?"

She fluffed out her hair and then fingered the pussybow ties. She was tempted to undo the bow and the first couple of buttons for a more casual, sensual look but changed her mind.

Let's just see what happens first.

As she exited the bathroom however she felt a growing sense of abandon, she was in a place where she couldn't be disturbed. No one would know and no one even needed to know. So what was the harm in experimenting?

"Feeling better?" Linda glanced over at her.

"Yeah, thanks," she smiled.

"Here," she handed her a coffee, "now that you've emptied yourself."

She took the coffee and sat down on the other side of the bench. After the drama of the last twelve hours this place felt like a haven. The rain had finally cleared and she stared out at the wet grass as she sipped her coffee.

"Just excuse me while I put another load of washing on," Linda stepped back.

"No worries," she had another mouthful of coffee. The backyard had an enormous alder, it looked like it belonged in some fantasy world, a child's swing hung from it. The back and side fences had lattices with climbing plants enmeshed in them, which made the yard feel closed in. Linda came into the kitchen and followed her line of sight as she leaned against the sink.

"It's a nice backyard but I'm getting tired of looking at those lattices. I keep meaning to pull them down and open the place up but it means uprooting those bloody plants although they're a bastard to prune."

"The previous owner was a drug dealer wasn't he?"

"Yeah but I don't know if that's who put them up but I love that tree though. When I first moved in I put up a hammock but the ropes rotted away and so I pulled it down."

"You could almost build a tree house in it," she mused.

"Perhaps although I'm not good with heights."

"Well that kills that idea," she smiled, "but you could plant bushes and flowers by the fences instead although that'd mean creating garden beds."

"Way ahead of you there," she stared outside.

"I've got an A.A member who told me he'd give me a good quote for landscaping the yard, Brian has his own landscaping business but it's one of those jobs I keep putting off but one of these days I'll just pull the pin and say the hell with it."

"Whatever," she had another mouthful of coffee. This is great coffee."

"Thanks," Linda turned back to her and smiled crookedly.

"Come on through to the bedroom and I'll give you those cardigans," and when Maxine slid off the stool Linda nodded at the coffee, "bring your coffee too."

She followed her down the passage to the first room on the right hand side and Linda gestured to her. She stepped into it, noting the king size bed, it had a brass bedhead and footer, a pair of bedside drawers were decorated with lamps. To her left there was a wardrobe that extended the entire length of the wall facing the window, the sliding doors were finished with floor to ceiling mirrors. To her right stood a large chest of drawers, a dressing table was on the other side of the room. She looked at the bags of clothes on the floor and then at the cardigans on the bed.

"Behold the cardigans," Linda put her coffee down on top of a set of drawers.

"They look quite nice," Maxine put her cup next to Linda's and knelt on the bed.

There were three cardigans in total, black, light blue and pink. She pulled her jacket off and picked up the black one and put it on.

"It fits too," she stretched her arms out and then proceeded to fasten the five buttons.

"They're all the same size," Linda sat down with her back against the bedhead, "I have no idea how they were left behind. They belonged to Vicki, a woman I was involved with when I was drinking so perhaps that might explain why they're still here."

"You didn't get back in contact afterwards?" Maxine stood up and turned to face the mirrors.

"She moved to Perth. I did contact her to make amends and she was forgiving enough but when I mentioned the cardigans she told me she'd put on a bit of weight now that she's given up the choof so I put them in with my fat clothes and forgot all about them," she smiled.

"Are you still in contact with her now?"

"Not really, I send her a card on her birthday and a lottery ticket but I'm always wary of contacting ex girlfriends just in case it upsets the dynamic on the home front."

"It must get like that with ex girlfriends," she replied.

"That all depends on the woman. When I was younger I was the jealous kind but that had a lot to do with the booze and all the fucking paranoia. Once I got a bit of sobriety between my ears it left me but Vicki's still a bit paranoid but she did like the dope so maybe it's a hangover from that."

"I've heard that about marijuana," she replied.

"Personally, I'd be wary of a woman who was excessively paranoid about my girlfriends, I know it must be hard to cultivate straight friendships but it must be harder for gay women."

"It is an issue," she had a mouthful of coffee, "but because I was sponsored a woman and I also had older sober women as friends I had the chance to develop platonic relationships with other women outside the fellowship, some were straight and the rest were either gay or curious."

"Good to know," she sat down on the bed, "considering the percentage of time we actually spend in bed with each other over a lifetime," she glanced at her coffee.

Shaima32
Shaima32
1,209 Followers