Jono's Journey Home Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Doctor, I am shocked! Surely you know, alcohol is forbidden in Saudi Arabia, so that shouldn't be a problem. Seriously though, can I go potty, and go home now?" The other doctors laughed and called for an orderly. I did take the time to thank them for their care. "I know I can be a difficult patient thank you for helping me, sirs." I quickly took care of nature's call followed by a quick wheelchair ride to the garage. The three limos were waiting. The ride back to the hotel was without incident.

When Reza and I arrived back on our floor Nessa was waiting at the elevator. "Doc called with the good news!" The men of the security detail bristled that she ran over and gave me a hug. "I am so happy for you."

"'Nuff Mama Bear..." and shook off her embrace. "I can coach you this week but I cannot workout with you, for a bit longer." I looked at the sergeant and spoke in Arabic "Never serve with a big sister..." they all laughed. Nessa shot me a dark look. I asked the sergeant to thank his father. "Nessa, wanna come in while I call the boss?"

We entered the suite and I went directly to the office. I reconnected the STU-II and engaged the security keys. I called Tamam's extension on base, "Just got home. I will be fine; they had to remove a small blockage, Sir. I'm looking forward to tonight but I have to limit my activities and sit down often. But I will be able to attend. I've also been told I can take my eval at anytime. I would actually like to do it before the General leaves Thursday evening. There is a bit more news but it can wait."

"I will ask Standardization Evaluation if they can move up your eval from Thursday afternoon. Shall we back up to that blockage issue? Are there any ongoing issues?"

"Captain, I'm good. The crash caused some scarring that resulted in a thickening of the common iliac artery. They were able to send a line up through the artery in my thigh to shave the inside of the iliac down to normal. On the upside I should have increased blood flow to the legs helping my running."

"Oh joy, more complaints from the flight line. I will see you when I get back to the hotel. It is very good news Jono, I will brief the General, he is on site currently."

"I will tell Agent Ramirez he has to hang around for a bit longer. I may take a short nap; I'm still very groggy from the sedative. I'm going to lay out the uniform for tonight. I will make you proud, Sir."

"You have earned the nap. The General and his aide will ride in with you, Captain Nelson, and Sgt Gilmore to the embassy. Reza and I will take the Jag." I acknowledge the plan and we hung up. I knew he had to be super professional in talking to me on the phone. For the same reason I could not speak sweet words to him. People in earshot, God I hated hiding how good he made me feel.

"Nessa, I guess you are stuck with me as your date tonight."

"I have had worse looking arm candy Taz. I have to get my mess dress prepared; the Captain didn't set mine up for me." She pecked my cheek and scurried off.

"Agent, um sorry, Pete, I guess you are stuck with babysitting detail for another couple hours. Evals are running long and the General is taking Captain Nelson's attention. I am sorry for taking so much of your time. The fridge is fully stocked, and the office has a great PC in it."

"Jono, your safety IS my job, and you don't need to entertain me. But, you have been very kind and a good detail. Have a good nap."

Reza led me to my room he grabbed my face and kissed my lips. "I wish we were alone." He then wished me a good nap and returned to his room.

I set a two hour alarm, sat down on the edge of the bed to take off my shoes, and promptly fell asleep taking off my shoes.

The alarm went off and I woke like a shot. I was still dressed in my gym clothes but I had been wrapped in the soft fur bed cover. Tamam was sitting in the corner chair. He was just looking at me with a very serious expression across his face. I walked to him and curled up in his lap, throwing my arms around his neck. "What is wrong my love?" I kissed him beneath his chin.

"Jono, I could have killed you. Doctor Connor reported that the blockage could have caused the vessel to rupture causing you to bleed out internally, or pinch off the blood flow to your legs, leaving you paralyzed at anytime. He also told me we could no longer be intimate."

"How odd, he told me it was only temporary. Tamam please don't start treating me like some frail china doll. We are guaranteed neither our next breath nor heartbeat. If I believed in the odds, I would have to curl up in a grave with my family. I choose to live my life fiercely in what 'IS', not what might be."

"Perhaps I misunderstood the doctor, but we will not return to play until he says we can." I deployed my pouty lip at which point he took his finger and pushed against the pushed out lip.

"But there are other things I can do for you. I enjoy bringing you pleasure Tam, please don't make me stop." I softly kissed his lips. I could tell from his breath, and taste of his mouth, he had been smoking heavily today. "Tam there is one thing I would like to ask you to do for me." He made the mistake of saying anything. "Please my love, I have lost too many I love to cancer, please stop smoking. I know I stress you greatly and I will do what I can to reduce that stress. I want our time together to be as long as possible. Even if that is simply when you tire of me and do not want me anymore."

"Jono, it is true I have had lovers before you. None of them could walk in your shadow. You care so much for everyone around you. They were just empty shells compared to you. The boys at the spa were right when they simply called them Western sluts. They sought after me as a means to an end, or a big Arab cock to ride. You genuinely care about my pleasure and joy. You care about my family's name. Jono, that means so much. It is difficult to believe, aside from stories and photos, I've only known you personally for three weeks, but I cannot imagine my life without you in it."

"Why didn't you let me know you understood what the boys at the spa were saying?"

"Because, I very much enjoyed seeing you take command of them, putting them in their place, and on notice. I have used several of them for pleasure in the past. They provide more services than just manicure, pedicure, and massage... of course that's only if you can pay. Perhaps, I could ask Amman loan you Jy Ang as a temporary house boy... I think he would very much like being under you. Yes Jono, I could tell that he was interested you."

"Tam, you have opened so many new worlds to me. Considering how widely I have traveled, that is saying something. I cannot imagine my world without you in it. I need you more than oxygen. While I might enjoy being with Jy, Ben, or even your brothers, I love being yours."

His lips danced across mine. Then he patted my bottom and told me, "Jono, you must prepare for the embassy dinner. You look so pale my little one."

I tried to lighten the mood with a joke. "Oh, joy an American rubber chicken dinner." I knew that was not going to be the case. Vanessa and I had had several good meals at the embassy so far. I just hated the politics, but Ben and Tam both insisted I play the game and make myself useful to the Ambassador.

Knowing the King and several of his sons would very likely be there did nothing to calm my nerves. Still I had to put on a brave face and get ready. I gave him one more soft kiss and then went into the bathroom showered, and started laying out my clothes.

"Tam, I'm missing one of my jackets! It was hanging in the closet now it's gone. Hell, by my count I am down six shirts."

I was just about to reach for the phone to call security when Tamam replied, "I sent them down to get cleaned. Hamza left a few chalk marks. I wanted to surprise you. Just put on the other one."

"Tam, that one is 'special.' What happens if the General authorizes us to break uniform? I am not so sure the inner liner fabric will go over well with him."

"Jono, Lt General Mallory has an magnificent sense of humor. Though he may rib you a bit. I have forgotten something." He reached into his shirt and pulled out the chain with my father's ring and placed it around my neck. With that he cradled my face in his massive hands and kissed me.

God I yearned to have him in me. Sadly that couldn't happen now. He went to his room to prepare. We decided early, for appearance sake we would all take a private room in the suite. He and I would make love in one room and then sleep in the other. That way both beds would look slept in to the staff.

I started to prepare but hit a snag. I had never worn a mess dress before. I had chosen to wear the matching shirt for the special jacket. I knew no force on this planet was gonna get that jacket off my back tonight. The shirt down was not an issue, but when I got to the cummerbund I was confused.

Ben was still with the General, and Nessa was down with the hairdressers. I saw the STU and remembered it was connected to the autovon circuits. I remembered my Major was a creature of habit. It was 1300 at Basdahl, he was at his desk reviewing the daily intelligence, and I knew the number to the unit on his desk. "Cawfield!"

"Sir, I hate to bother you with this. I am preparing for an event at the embassy. Do you wear a mess dress cummerbund pleats up or down."

"That would be pleats up, Jono. Think of it as a crumb-catcher. I hear you have had a little excitement. I was so worried about you watching after your teammates, I forgot to tell you to watch your own back Jono."

"I am in no more danger than anyone else." The line buzzed, as he initiated secure talk on his end. With the line encrypted he continued.

"Jono, that's a load of bullshit and you know it. No one else on the team has spies following them around mapping their moves. No one else is having people follow their families around taking pictures of them. I could pull a few strings and get you back here. It may cost me but I'll do it, if you want."

"Sir don't, there's a chance we can get them to act here. Bring me back to Germany; I will not have the OSI, NSA, FBI, and CIA watching me. I will not have the Saudi Secret Police, and my father's old unit watching my back. It's a little uncomfortable right now but I'm doing well."

"Jono, try to get STU extension installed into Vanessa's room. I understand you are in pretty close proximity. I'd like to talk to someone else, whom I can trust. I never have trusted Captain Nelson, I always felt like he was hiding something. I'm not sure about this host nation Captain Hassan. I'm not there the two of you are."

"Sir, the Hassan family is the closest thing to family I have left in this world. My family and theirs have been doing business for generations. My father and Captain Hassan's father fought together. My father saved his father's life. Heck sir, I saved his brother's life. Trust me when I tell you, I know he would die to keep me safe."

"Alright, that's at least two people I can trust in Riyadh, aside from Vanessa. A blood debt is a really good bond. Still, keep your head on a swivel, I want you back."

"I guess you haven't heard yet. General Mallory put in a request for my TDY to be extended another five and a half months. I'll be back in Bremerhaven just long enough to out-process the squadron. They're talking about putting me on something called the NATO Southwest Asia "go team" as a follow-on assignment. I think the Air Force finally figured out I can speak more languages here than anywhere else on Earth."

"So Jono, have you met the General yet? If you have, don't repeat back his blue language."

"Met him this morning when I was on the way to the hospital. He's a hot ticket, I kind of like him. I do believe my Momma would wash his mouth out with soap. Do you trust him?"

"Son, I suddenly feel a lot more secure about your safety. Knowing the General has taken an interest in you is a very good thing. Yes, I trust him. Did I hear correctly that you caused a dust-up with General Ambrose?"

"I made him stand outside the outside the briefing room, until I could confirm his security clearance and need to know. He actually gave me his coin for my due diligence."

"Only you Jono! Have you heard any gossip about us?"

"Nothing specific sir, but I know something is up."

"Lt Col Nathan has been relieved of command. We had a few people injured at Stade. He was pushing for a quick setup trying to beat the wing record. Sgt Garcia was impaled on a grounding rod, while setting up the lightning arrest kit. Then Airman Moore got pinned between two fuel trucks. We were encouraged by USAFE to redeploy back to site due to the injuries and the projected severe weather, the boss decided to show some initiative and stay in the field."

I muttered, "Shit..."

He continued. "Four people developed severe frostbite and had to be flown to Ramstein Air Base by medevac helicopter. Lt Rodgers lost half her foot as a result. Rumor has it the new CO is a newly-minted lieutenant colonel."

"I probably shouldn't be telling you sir, but I met him today. He seems sharp, has a wicked sense of humor and speaks more than a few languages. I think you'll like him. Forgive me sir, I did share that our unit was far overdue for both depot and factory maintenance checks."

I also shared, "The General was a bit pissed about Sembach Air Base bogarting the maintenance funds and using them to maintain a 'for show only' mobile unit whose equipment was permanently secured to the ground by concrete. The General said something about a no notice mobility drill for them when he gets back."

He chuckled, "Well done, perhaps wing will open their wallet at last. About the new boss, don't tell me anymore. I think I know who it is. Thanks for the heads-up, I feel better. Have to get back to work here Jono, stay safe." As the line went dead I thought to myself, I may have to rethink my concept of family. Clearly mine has grown.

I finished dressing and wandered down to Tam's room. I stood in the door hoping he would notice me. He looked so good from behind; he made my knees go weak. I stood there in awe of my man as he poured himself a glass of amber liquid. He turned as he touched the glass to his lips. Gawd how I wished I was the glass.

He turned and smiled, "This is thirty year old Glen Garioch scotch. Until I met you, it was my favorite vice." I inhaled the wonderful aroma from the glass. He offered me a sip.

Oh, this sucked I thought as I replied, "I cannot, I am on antibiotics." He finished his drink he pulled me in for a kiss. I could still taste the scotch on his lips and tongue. We walked to the hall that held the three smaller bedrooms across the rotunda.

Reza was just stepping out of his room. He was wearing a flawlessly tailored black tuxedo, with onyx studs. "Tamam, did we get him a civilian tux? He looks so very sexy! If he attends any charity events at the hospital, I will need one for him when we get to Germany."

I might as well get this over with I thought. "Reza, I will only be in Germany for a couple of weeks. At which point I will be out processing my Squadron. The General informed me I have been extended until October of next year." Tamam was grinning; Reza's disappointment was equally palpable. I kissed him, "I am so sorry."

"While you are in Germany, I will still care for you, and keep you safe for my brother." The two brothers hugged one another. "It will give me a purpose to expedite my studies and return home for my residency training."

Ben stepped into the hall. "Looking sharp Jono, you have to introduce me to your tailor."

"Sorry, Hamza doesn't take western clients."

"Do I really need to remind you, you're a westerner yourself, Taz?"

"Ah, but only on mom's side, and I speak to him in his own language. Add to all of that, my beloved made the introduction."

Tam interjected, "In fairness, you charmed Hamza all on your own."

The door bell rang. I walked to the door Lt Nejem was there. I bid him welcome exchanging pleasantries, and then I told him Captain Nelson is down the hall. He hugged me "In YOUR home, my first name is Adar, not Lieutenant."

Nessa exited her suite and glided gracefully across the mezzanine to my suite. I saw how the eyes of my security detail followed her. Her hair, makeup, and uniform were flawless. She reached my doorway the bubba bamma girl spoke, "Words cannot convey how much I hate this whole get up. I feel like one of those worthless bells at Cypress Gardens. How are you Baby Bear you look a little pale?"

"A little wobbly but I'll be fine, Momma Bear."

We joined the crowd in the rotunda. Captain Nelson told me, "I secured the STU for the evening. I do remember a doctor saying something about you having to sit whenever possible. There are three other able-bodied people in this suite. You don't have to run to the door just because the bell rang, let us help you."

My eyes made contact immediately with the piano. The doctor said I had to sit. He didn't say I had to be inactive. I lifted the lid and sat down on the bench.

My fingers glided across the keyboard warming up. Inspiration flashed, Sergei Rachmaninoff's piano Concerto Number 2. I lost myself; passion overwhelmed me as my fingers pounded the keyboard. When I looked up half way into the moderato portion everyone was standing in awe around the piano.

Somehow even the General and his aid slipped into the grand room. The acoustics were perfect for the magnificent instrument. Nessa made a symbol to keep playing.

The General look down at me and said, "Jono, you are truly a treasure. Your bio said you played the piano, but it did not say how well. Please tell me I won't lose you to Tops in Blue?" I smiled and told him it wasn't my primary instrument, and was not interested in the Air Force's show band. Tamam handed scotch to the General and Major Daniels.

The Major asked how long I had been playing. Not missing a single note, "I started playing piano when I was three Papa's Papa gave me my first lessons. I started cello at four."

"At six my brother would carry my cello, and we would ride down to the Gulf to fish. Actually he would fish while I would play on the dock and tourists would throw money into my case. Mikaeel told me we would use the money for dock rental. It took me six months to figure out it was a public dock and had no rental fee. It was actually the sheriff who picked up on Mike's scam."

I finished the piece but continued the tale, "Dad was pissed at first, until Mike told him what he had been saving for. Mike made a deal with Mr. Ghorbani to buy me an Arabian, and by the time he got caught, we had Fajira almost half paid for."

The Major laughed. "Dad and Uncle Jack were so impressed they split the difference and bought the filly for my birthday. My dad was so impressed with my play he replaced my practice cello with my full-sized performance cello."

The Major replied, "Your family sounds cool. I had to make do with a loaned violin for four years."

"I started on a loaner too. Dad came home from a buying trip; he had seen me struggling with the loan closet cello from Uncle Jack's church. It was too large for me. I had to contort my body to make it work right. He made a deal to buy me my first trainer cello and found me an instructor, in exchange I had to promise to practice at least an hour a day."

I reminded myself rule three, keep it short dumb-ass. "So how is this working; I know the Captain, Sarge, and I are expected at the embassy to talk to the Ambassador? I can only imagine what he must think of me."

"Well the General and I will be tagging along with you. Just in case he is harboring a grudge. You're worth running interference for. Practically every member of your operations crew thinks you walk on water. Don't worry about the Ambassador you have friends you haven't even met, in higher places."