All Comments on 'Journey on a Yellow Brick Road'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
oldsage_1oldsage_1about 2 years ago

Great story from start to finish. Thanks for introducing Scott and Lynda to us. They are a very interesting couple. There is still plenty of possibility for a sequel if you look around a bit. I wouldn't mind getting to know them a bit better. Just a thought.

Cheers

SAGE

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 2 years ago

This is Fantasyland online and if an author wants to create a scenario and a set of characters who are really fantasy material, who am I to argue. Perhaps unlikely things like this can happen and the delivery was well done. 4* (By the way, the water goes under the bridge and over the dam.)

reader1000reader1000about 2 years ago

A fun story with decent back stories and good character development. BTW: water is supposed to flow UNDER bridges, not over! Nicely written. Good job. Thanks.

agp1056agp1056about 2 years ago

This was a nice piece of work. In some aspects it reminded me of a couple of song stories by Harry Chapin - Taxi and Sequel. Perhaps there are other tales of these characters to shared....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Despite what Overcritical thinks, this story brought back some memories of actual events in my life. (As your stories often do, trigudis!)

Specifically: I was born in Maryland (not Ellicot City, but I’ve known some nice folks from there). I lived in Oregon for a while (including a summer in Eugene). My auburn-haired wife had had a rough life — no illegal activity, but divorced her first husband after he tried to kill her (twice). She broke up with three other guys when she entered my life. We were married for over 20 years until her death in 2013. Miracles happen!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 2 years ago

Really sweet story, with the reader hoping for the best and trigudis delivered. Well written with flawed but hopeful characters that are easy to cheer for. Great job!

.

P.S. I caught the “water over the bridge,” but really chuckled when I saw, right above where I was typing, that OC noticed it before me.

trigudistrigudisabout 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks to all who read and commented. My "water over the bridge" I attribute to some sort of dyslectic disconnect lol. I really do know that water normally runs under a bridge. Well, unless it's a low bridge and there's massive flooding. Then, I suppose, it can run over and under.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...