All Comments on 'Journey to Mirage Ch. 13'

by sr71plt

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
ivoryraaenivoryraaenabout 11 years ago
wow

I was not expecting that! I love it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Now i know this is fantasy

a lawyer who is a decent human being.

I've lost count-how many of his nine lives has Rick used up?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Isn't this site 'erotic'?

You write graphic and violent sexual encounters with no regard to emotion or love. Have you got some homophobia about gay people?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

There's an ugliness and sadism in this story that I just can't take - I've dipped into it here and there, but it's just too much. It's not erotic, it's not entertaining, I'm not sure what you're aiming at.

sr71pltsr71pltalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Anonymous must be maschoistic

Well, Miss Repeated Negative Comment Anonymous, if you can't stand the story why are you reading it? It obviously wasn't written for you. And it's also becoming obvious that you are commenting to rag on me rather than the story. If you had just waited, you would seen that I've given this story one of the few smaltzy romantic endings that I provide.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Dear sr71plt

Lawyer/9 lives comment was mine and intend tongue in cheek. Other two anon comments not mine. This sure isn't a shiny happy stroke story, but it is an enthralling study of human nature. The masochist in me has my fingers and toes crossed for a HEA for Rick. However, I am smart enough to not hold my breathe waiting for it. :)

Whatever will you do to our poor boy next?

sr71pltsr71pltalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the last comment

Thanks from separating yourself from someone who most likely is a disgruntled visitor from the forum. This is a novel, not a short story--and is only three quarters posted. We are still spinning down into the dilemma (which has to level down and pretty far to be novel length). It's a little silly to assess it as anything yet, let alone as not showing emotion or any positivity, until it's finished. It's silly to assess any novel or any short story until it's finished--although, of course, "thus far" reactions are natural and just fine; even "I can't read any farther" is fine, as long as then you don't and continue to say you can't. This one happens to spiral back up into HEA conclusion. A lot of my works don't come up to happy ever after. Many only go as far as happy for now and some end with "can't get out of that shit." For one thing, I try to be realistic of the lifestyle in most of them. For another, I write a lot of them and try to write for more than one audience across the spectrum. I don't pretend to write only sugar, but I do write some sugar. To say that I don't write from the emotions, though, first means the commenter has no touch son the emotions of a gay male, and second means the commenter doesn't read many of my stories. (And, in my own opinion, those who say what I write isn't erotic are either frigid or not gay male--my fan mail reflects just the opposite. I'm happy to go with the expressed majority on this point.) Those readers who want to know what this story is all about and where it ends up will wait to assess and maybe slam until it's finished.

damejintymcgintydamejintymcgintyalmost 11 years ago

I'm not sure if I agree with anonymous comments. It's too easy to be critical, that's why I always add my name to a comment. That said, this series is a little darker than some on here but it certainly isn't homophobic. You only need to read some of sr71plt's extensive work to know that he isn't. It is fiction, not reality. If you don't like it, don't read it. Unfortunately, in real life, people choose or allow things to happen to them that are harmful. Maybe because of the way they have been treated, or their self image. It doesn't make it right but it happens. Also, often the best writing can be uncomfortable to read. If it makes you think and stays with you, then that's often the mark of a good writer. I am hoping for a HEA for Rick but I know that life doesn't always give them.

Thank you, sr71plt, for sharing your work with us. Some of us do appreciate your talents.

One last comment, if you don't like it. Stop whining, write something yourself if you think you can do better.

Jinty

avidreadravidreadralmost 11 years ago

I haven't been following this story as it's not my usual fare but the comments made me curious. It's still not my preference, but it is a very well written piece, as most of your stories are. There are many people who do love this story. Whether I choose to read more - and I will probably check in on Rick now and then - is completely my decision. It is wrong to criticize a story you read that is not to your choice and, normally, I just stop reading. Stories I like are complimented and if I find something in the story that is incorrect or jarring within the framework of that story will get a comment. These stories are given to use as a gift by authors who don't have to. Thank you for your stories, even the ones not to my taste.

sr71pltsr71pltalmost 11 years agoAuthor
Erased

Yes, "Long Story" Anonymous, I erased that last rant--without even reading it all. My stories posted to Literotica are not going to be a platform for your attacks on me and my writing. I'll erase anything else that looks like you've posted it too. Nothing trumps you being a coward for hiding behind "anonymous." Think you perhaps need to get a life. You can't have mine to play with as you like. You can continue to 1 bomb what I write, but you can't have the comments section for your attacks.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersr71plt@sr71plt
3027 Followers
Former SR71 pilot, currently professional writer and book editor; writes under name "habu" on other erotica sites. My erotica books can be found under the author name habu or Dirk Hessian (and coauthored books with Sabb under the names Shabbu or Stephen Kessel) at S...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES