All Comments on 'Joy's Story'

by PKenny5860

Sort by:
  • 75 Comments
otacon666otacon666over 4 years ago
Where Is the first story?

I cant find the first one, helppp

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A litany of excuses

And then the Soap Opera ending. Just awful.

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

But you don’t have a story called ‘Topic of Discussion’...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Is this a sequel to a story which has never been posted?

Why am I confused with this "sequel"?

AMerryman 2.0

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Ouch

That is a rough one to swallow.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Sequel?

The description says that this is the sequel to Topic of Discussion, yet there's no sign of where that story can be found.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Solid follow-up, tempered by some overly melodramatic points.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Where is the first story?

This was pretty good but where is Topic of Discussion?

dob092095dob092095over 4 years ago
Confused

What story is Joy from?

looking4itlooking4itover 4 years ago

I guess I don’t know what story this suppose to accompany...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This is a sequel to a story I can't find?

wtf!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Da’fuq did I jus read?

Tired of these bullshit stories where the cheated upon husband is the second co big of Hesus. If he was so fucking perfect she wouldn’t have cheated on him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wonderful

A great story of forgiveness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well written but undoes a btb

So it appears peter had done a great btb and joy is feeling the results but rather than peter feeling satisfied he instead rushes to her aid and gets her a great life and she gets a husband and starts a family.

So much for what she wrote in the letter! And did her new dr hubby ever hear the reason for the divorce?

hindsight2020hindsight2020over 4 years ago
You do not have a story called Topic of Discussion.

This is a sequel to nothing. 1*

ma_Cabrema_Cabreover 4 years ago

Next time you should send the original story to the quicker editor and the sequel to the slower one and not the other way round... lol.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 4 years ago
PK, great story. Nice mature treatment of a difficult subject. Yes it appears you have an editing error with the name Joy. But the story was clear enough to follow.

I'm still a BTB fan, but this was good pause for thought. Kudos.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Missed it

Just have missed the original story. Good story of forgiving her from what must have been a pretty nasty betrayal. Probably don't need the prequel now.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Where is the original story you claim this is following on from? There is NO story called Topic of Discussion in your story list. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Time changes perspective.

Regrets, she had a few. When someone is cheated on and finds out, all rational thought goes out the window.

Most times it is blind anger followed by the need for leveling the playing field. That could include anything up to murder.

For this husband time changed things in a good way. I wish I could find the story this was a follow up to. This was written well and the low rating is a result (IMHO) to issue. Thanks for sharing author.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 4 years ago
I gave this 5*s.

It was written well. The reader could feel her pain. People makes mistakes. Although I'm not a forgiving person myself, I admire those who are. Well done.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 4 years ago
Good commentary

Recognizing depression is a a big deal. Thanks

calflashcalflashover 4 years ago
where

did she feel that a that a "one off" would be justified (although it became a full blown affair)? Cheating is cheating. Well written I just don't like the attitude and think she's more sorry she got caught and for what she lost.

266xxyz266xxyzover 4 years ago
I agree with LTW

A 5 for your writing. Im a scorched earth kind of guy but still I can understand and feel the pain in this tale. Thanks for the good read.

etchiboyetchiboyabout 4 years ago
Could not find any story titled “Topic of Discussion” or “The Topic of Discussion” within LW forum...

..., nor doing a title search within all of Literotica stories. Nor found the character name “Joy” within any of PK5860’s other stories to date (02/2020).

So, it seems the story “Topic of Discussion” was never submitted, OR did not get approved, by Literotica (not unheard of). OR — it’s possible this is a sequel to another author’s story not titled EXACTLY “Topic of Discussion” (a very common occurrence on Literotica).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
The topic of discussion was me

Is listed in this author’s submission list. Good story and important sequel describing the effect divorce can have on the guilty party in a divorce. We all screw up; giving others a second chance and demonstrating forgiveness is what makes us human, Nicely done. Thank you. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
Well

The prequel to this story is now published.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Important Message

Thanks so much for bringing the most important message to the readers hear the story was the story but you left us with something very important to think about and at the end of the day isn’t that what a writer supposed to do well done very well done respect

PowersworderPowersworderabout 4 years ago

To summarise...

1) Joy turned into a selfish whore, cheated on her husband and destroyed her family.

2) Peter divorced Joy and her life turned to shit.

3) Peter marries the barren psychologist and lives happily ever after.

4) Peter invites his slutty ex-wife to live with him... for six months! Putting a strain on his own relationship. He sets Joy up with a rich doctor, who marries her and gets her pregnant.

5) Now Joy can't believe how wonderful her life is, as she flits off to Paris and leaves her new son to be babysat by her unbelievably forgiving ex-husband.

So basically, Joy did better post-divorce than Peter? She gets to start a new family with her wonderful new husband, while Peter can't have kids with Karen because she's infertile...

1* I hate stories that reward cheaters.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

"The Topic of Discussion Was Me" posted today.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

"I would not have so casually played with fire" - "Not so casually," but would you still have done it?

Going back to the first story, why, when Peter had such a special night planned, did she not postpone her night?

She doesn't deserve her happiness. I'm not saying that she should live in misery, just not so happily.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What romantic drivel.

The original story, while trite, contained some 'punch' (literally, as well as figuratively). This sequel should never have been posted.

UGH!

1*

vickitvohiovickitvohioabout 4 years ago
I would rerank this

this is barely a 2* after reading the original story now :0/

WargamerWargamerabout 4 years ago

Just as bad as Part 1

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
What bullshit

Sorr5 but that's abridge too far .. if she offs herself that's in her .. her actions are her responsibility

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
You are a sad puppy .

She done this damage all on her own , so let her pay the price . If she's miserable , feeling suicidal , then get her a therapist for old times sake , but playing Happy Families is unbelievable .

You seem to have a fixation with happy endings . Give it up . It's not natural and in the long term unhealthy .

These are your stories , your plots . But with endings like this they belong in Fantasy or Cloud Cuckoo Land , certainly not Loving Wives .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

She neglected to mention in her letter about the slut fest at the house that traumatised their daughter. Did she have a tear jerking story of regret she forgot to share for her second mistake, that she performed while she was still trying to talk her way out of her first mistake? How many other "one and done mistakes" did she forget to mention?

She basically got what she couldn't get from the divorce for for the price of 10 cents of ink and a postage stamp.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
AT LEAST 1 HAD SOME SEMBLANCE OF BELIEVABILITY.......

This load of crap stinks up the entire site. Bring this cheating slut that emotionally traumatized her daughter to the point of wetting the bed for years into the home? And you think the child's therapist would recommend this? What the fuck is wrong with you? If anything, the therapist would recommend distancing from the source of anxiety. Good lord what a stupid piece of shit. Part one was reasonably good but this crap went way into the weeds.

ErotFanErotFanalmost 4 years ago
Was this a guilt story???

Sounds like you felt guilty writing a BTB story in "Topic of Discussion."

Came off as pretty saccharine!

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

What a weird story. She gets off in the end with an even happier, I really do know why I bothered to write a BTB followed by this rubbish. I nearly threw up if that was your intention it worked.

Scores 1/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Best

You may be the best author on this site! I love your stories. They offer hope and redemption. I'm sorry for the folks who rate you low because they have no capacity it seems for forgiveness. I actually feel sorry for them. Bitterness and revenge only serve to destroy those who can not forgive.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

I am cold hearted enough to let the slut kill herself and never shed a tear...

SkubabillSkubabillover 3 years ago

I know it's far fetched but not further out than some of the things Saddletramp writes and most of us love him. I liked it so 4 stars but 4 1/2 if I could.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Topic of discussion .....

It seems some can't find the story this is a sequel for.

The story your looking for is "The topic of discussion was me", by the same author

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Guess I'm cold hearted also

I have to agree with MarkT63. I couldn't finish reading this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So if this is controversial discussed i gave my shit also.

Part 1 seems really straight and logical. Except a clever and intelligent wife had postponed the intension. Eighter to don't loose control over her marriage(though it should be a one timer) and would give in, in the invitation of her beloved husband, to give her the attention she has lacked before. If it don't work with hubby, it need not a night for cheating. A one-timer or an affair can also take place on other times.

Part 2 is a bit from all. A Therapist would not mingling private and profession things. In this special case are too much mental problems on all sites. To save Joy from Suicide is right, but not in their own home. Also it would disturb the therapy of Bethany. So they can help Joy first getting her own therapy(maybe with further marriage of therapist, why not), a flat in the area and a job. That would save her life without unlikely solutions. It can lead to a normal seperated family life.

One other thing is. After seperation Joy is allowed to meet other men, no problem imho. Maybe when the kids are babysitted or when they are in school.

An other thing is Peter don't go further on the spy activities he implemented. Could spice up.

All in all i have read stories which are in writing and storyline a sight worse.

Donovan7777Donovan7777almost 3 years ago

Ok, so I am not a fan of happy endings for a cheating wife. This one took me by surprise and I liked the way it was written BUT WHY DID YOU SCREW UP THE REST OF THE STORY BY ADDING THE LAST PARAGRAPH. That ending was way way too familiar. Don't forget, SHE CHEATED. She doesn't deserve to be that happy.. !!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I only gave this a 3 (the original was a 5). Just couldn't get comfortable with this outcome, Legio_Patria_Nostra's approval aside. But that's not why I'm commenting. The reason is that there's something off with the posting dates. The original shows a post date of 03/11/20, but this sequel shows a post date of 10/02/19. Huh? Wassup with dat? Over to you, webmasters...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Part 1 was good but Part 2 felt like it was rushed to me. Why didn't the ex seek out professional help? Why did she have a 2nd lover if she truly wanted her hubby back? I know most readers want a happy ending but she doesn't deserve one.

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonover 2 years ago

I think the last part of the story, you know the part where it's all a delusion in her head while she's wearing a straightjacket within a padded cell, was left off.

Followed by acceptance that she's broken, alone, and waiting to die.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

He’s a better man than I would have been in his situation. I really don’t like to see cheaters have happy endings.

boneham21boneham21over 2 years ago

Chap 1 a man Chap2 an enabler. skitso

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

BS Chapter 2; she exposed her daughter to her fucking some low life and it cause daughter to be in therapy for 2+years. Let her deal with her problems, they are of her own making. No way the ex should get involved in any way. What she does to herself, one way or another, is on her and no one else.

Cito22Cito22over 2 years ago

I'm sorry but she deserves to suffer as a consequence to all the damage (planned damage mind you) she inflicted on her then family. Crappy chapter 2

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

Should have skipped this sequel. Blah!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ohhh. So I get it. If you become a Narcissist slut, just blame it on depression and mental illness!

Just another example, of today’s generation not taking accountability for their actions. I am wondering HOW the world survived, without all the drugs and therapy we have today. I guess it is a normal reaction, for a slut who throws away her family, to feel remorse and become depressed. It is also normal for her to put on her big girl thong, and deal with it! There are no guarantees in life. If you screw up, you deal with it. Life DOES NOT give out participation awards.

I gave it one star, because it does not reflect real life...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The reeking, sanctimonious LIBERALISM of all characters involved demonstrates how overwhelmingly

today ‘s counseling methods coddle and protect society’s worst offenders. I wish that I could somehow forewarn those who choose to read this crap. All I have is to lowly rate this effort, it is strictly B.S.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

Haters will hate. Women haters will hate even more. Ignore them

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanalmost 2 years ago

I los my sister to a successful suiside, the way you handeled that showed a nice touch and for those who claim compassion for mental health issues is a weekness umm pot meet kettle

DrgwngDrgwngalmost 2 years ago

Wow was this terrible. Hard to believe how simply bad it is.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Right after reading this story, I realized my index finger was down my throat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is life in the story. Life is messy for everyone. Some handle it better than others. I too had a difficult up bringing. Near 70 it's going to be a rough road ahead. I'm in the begging stage of dementia. My wife of 47 years is an angel and made my life important to her. But her sisters are not. I'd jump off a high ladder on my head if I was married to any of them. Stingy and trouble makers all. I fear that as I become less than I am now, my wife will have a harder time with thier backbiting. They will try to make me an anchor needed to be cut loose. They'll fail but she will be wounded. Maybe I could turn this to a loving wife story that would give her a little peace. Or not.

numbnutz49numbnutz49over 1 year ago

Nice story but I had just read the original and her rewrite of history is full of s***. To truly repent you need to own the sin. She sterilized it, rather than coming clean with her husband. I don't score these stories poorly. The author is the only person allowed to make those decisions. Remember what she did days later or that right after being discovered, she apologized for her infidelity(s) so that makes at least 3 times.

James G 5James G 5over 1 year ago

You ruined a perfectly good story by giving her a great life

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

She deserved to burn!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Should have threw the letter in the trash.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Meh and very unrealistic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Who cares.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He was a carpenter and she was a temp. She blows up their marriage and both end up marrying doctors? Smart move.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Suicide is a devastating end to a troubled life. Severe depression should be recognized and treated accordingly.

That being said, the wife willingly CHOSE her actions. SHE is the one responsible for the consequences that she had to endure.

It is time that therapist's started leading people to realize that the patients themselves should take the blame for their own actions.

AllNigherAllNigher8 months ago

She completely ignored the fact she figured another guy not long after that event and let her daughter see it by not locking the door... so tell me again how debated you were over this and how it was one and done. I can see helping your kids mom but getting her in your house and making friends with your new wife... Not so sure about that

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A BTB story with a heart.

I find the works of this author to be amazing.

THC

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Joy was mistaken in her letter. The children would have gotten along quite well without her. Rather than writing that drivel, she should have ended her waste of an existence and stopped being a burden to the father and children she selfishly abandoned for lust. But, of course, she did not do what would have been best for those she claimed to love more than herself.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPKenny5860@PKenny5860
Enjoy writing for fun and reading stories on Literotica.

story TAGS

SIMILAR Stories