All Comments on 'Julia'

by weftandwarp

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnnaValley11AnnaValley11almost 6 years ago
Fascinating tale

Thank you

Superb storytelling

You drew me on and one

exhibitionistguyexhibitionistguyalmost 6 years ago
Romantic But of Questionable Ethics

I enjoyed this very sensitive story but question the ethics. It would be very inappropriate for you to do what you did to Julia considering her possible mental impairment. How could you be certain that she was giving you her informed consent? Also, this is supposed to be a story for national nude day. Other than Julia's inappropriate flashing, there wasn't much nudity except at the very end when the Boss and Helen announced that their pool was clothing optional.

weftandwarpweftandwarpalmost 6 years agoAuthor

Yes. The ethics are very difficult. It is one of the reasons I wrote it. Most relationships (including marriage) end when confronted by this circumstance. I don't remember the percentage but know it is extremely high. I always wondered whether it was due to the sanctimony and intolerance of those in positions of care, whether visitor or staff. I also wondered whether there should be some form of education as to how people can cope. The ethics are curious. Would it be ethical to get in the way of their relationship, one they both seemed to enjoy and want? I thought the case study would have indicated that there was ethical concern and an interest in why their relationship thrived while, in the same circumstance or similar, other relationships simply collapsed. It is often much more poignant than I have expressed here. Often the relationship involves small children and the affected parent is put into care never to have contact with their children or spouse again. The emotional cost of that is massive. The principles of care and ethics are not always as simple as they seem. I initially thought I'd wrire it to demonstrate the difficulties in legal terms but decided it was impossible to present it accurately and well. I eventually decided to present it as a conundrum because every case has differences and there is no satisfactory solution that fits all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great story; I gave it a 5!

Well written and very tender. You brought the two characters together in a very sensitive way. The ethics issue didn't strike me as a concern; the male character seemed to be portrayed as cautious and considerate and avoided taking advantage of Julia. Now that I've been introduced to your work I plan to read more of your stories.

Richie4110Richie4110almost 6 years ago
Well done

A five star effort for quality and originality.

Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
very good interestings story

and arousing me too

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I realy enjoyed your story

I got misty eyed and am blinking away tears as I write this. It was a wonderful story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous