Julie Finds a Side Hustle Pt. 01

Story Info
A senior woman is approached by a neighbor.
1.3k words
4.26
9.9k
11

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 05/22/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Julie finds a side hustle - part I

It was Memorial Day and we were hosting a neighborhood block party. Dan and I had been doing this for some years. We are in a senior neighborhood of smaller houses in Lubbock Texas. Houses in our subdivision can't be larger than 1600 square feet and must be only one story. Most of our neighbors are retired and have downsized to our community.

Like always we set up our grill, Patrick and Jill, our next door neighbors wheeled their grill over to our driveway, we set up lawn chairs and an awning. Other neighbors brought their coolers filled with beer, or soft drinks. I had asked a couple of my friends to bring coleslaw, lettuce salads, or desserts. We have several widows in the neighborhood that love to bring things. I helped Dena come across the street with her walker, and a Tupperware container of the yummiest brownies.

By 1:00 our driveway and yard is full of chairs, coolers, tables, and people. Both our house and Patrick and Jill's house were open so our neighbors didn't have to run home for the toilet. And, as the expression goes, 'you don't drink beer, you borrow it for a while'.

In particular, I was interested in Rosalie who was new to the neighborhood and lived four houses away on the other side of the street. I didn't know her yet. Jill had gone over with a pie as a welcome gift, and so we did have a little knowledge to gossip about. Rosalie, who insisted on being called RJ, was a retired geologist with Sunplant. She was on the team that built the first wind farm near Lubbock, and also worked on major solar projects.

We all did know that RJ rode a motorcycle but also had a bicycle that he rode in the neighborhood and a Toyota Prius.

Dan set up our Alexa speakers to play 60s and 70s rock and roll. We had a channel with more folky music, Simon and Garfunkel, Mamas and Papa, John Denver - mostly easy listening that could play in the background.

RJ came over just a little after 1:00. She had a halter top and short shorts. She looked like a sexy senior with her short gray hair, hoop earrings, and glittery sandals. She came up to me first and introduced herself.

She said, "Hi, I'm RJ, your new neighbor. Thank you very much for hosting this party. I'm looking forward to meeting people."

I greeted her warmly but was surprised when she gave me a big hug.

She said, "You are beautiful".

I was taken aback, I had on my red halter top and some jean capri pants. I had my red hair (only my hairdresser knows for sure) pulled back in a ponytail.

I stammered "Thank you. You look beautiful as well".

I was interrupted by Dan asking where the tray for the burgers was, so I excused myself.

I took RJ around to first meet Dan and Patrick, who were flipping burgers and rotating bratwursts on the grill, then Jill, Dena, Crystal, Sheryl, Tom, and most of the other neighbors. She grabbed a beer and then picked a lawn chair by Sheryl and Tom. I was busy with getting the condiments on the table and trying to squeeze the offerings to get the potato salad from Vickie. When I looked up, it seemed as if she was enjoying talking with Sheryl and Tom. Tom had also been involved with solar energy for the City of Lubbock, so they probably had things in common.

*****

The afternoon was a smash success. The neighbors visited, and ate, and drank, and had a great time. About 4:00, the first of them excused themselves and slowly most of the rest thanked us for hosting the event and grabbed their empty containers and walked home.

I helped Dena get back home. She had taken three extra cans of beer.

Dena had said "You never know when you might get thirsty for a beer." What a sweetheart!!!

Soon, it was only Patrick and Jill, Dan and myself, and RJ left. RJ had volunteered to help clean up. We cleaned up the grills, and Dan, Patrick and Jill carted their grill, tables and chairs back to their yard.

So, it was RJ and I that were left.

RJ looked at me and asked very directly, "How is your sex life?"

Other than maybe my doctor or counselor, no one had ever been so direct with me.

I choked, and blurted, "Not very good".

I quickly recovered and said "I love Dan, we've been married 38 years. He's a good man, helpful, funny, talented, but, (ahh), he has lost interest in sex."

RJ nodded. "Julie, if you ever want a female lover, I'd love to be with you. I find you very attractive and very sexy.""

I blushed. I was at a loss for words. I had men (generally drunken men) try to proposition me, but never a woman, and definitely never a sexy woman standing in my driveway after a neighborhood party.

I managed to say "Thank you", and somehow gave RJ a hug. She returned the hug - just a little tighter, and she kissed me on my lips. Her taste lingered after she pulled back.

*****

After she left, and I was in my air conditioned house sipping on a beer (only my second of the day), I was having flashbacks to my freshman year at Texas Tech University. I had dated some men (all of which seemed to want to get in my panties) - and none of them were good enough. Amanda was a friend on my dorm floor and somehow, one night we hooked up. A one night fling, a one night woman to woman encounter - and I was remembering how I enjoyed that night and how that one night fling became a year together.

Now at age 69 and retired, that old sensation of woman on woman touching, kissing, hugging, and (maybe the best), being naked and intimate popped in my brain. Amanda had shown me how to pleasure her, and I reached multiple orgasms when Amanda licked my vagina and stimulated my clitoris. Somehow my memory of Amanda woke up all my senses. Her vagina juices were an elixir to me, and her tongue was more than awesome as she pleasured me. I loved her touch on my breasts, and my body; our gentle cooing as we were together, and the aroma of her body, her perfume, her hair, and (of course), of her hot vagina popped up in my memory as if they were just yesterday.

We had been very close (but closeted) friends that year, and Amanda transferred to Texas A&M for the next year.

I knew that my parents wouldn't have like me being a lesbian. I can imagine coming home to little Post Texas and having her neighbors say "Tsk, tsk" behind my back. At Hope Baptist Church, I'd be shunned.

So, with heavy heart when I went back to Texas Tech in the fall, I dated boring "one-and-done" men (and only two or three ever got that far to sexual intimacy with me).

But, life goes on, Dan asked me out when we worked together in the county assessment office about ten years later - and that was that. Two years of dating, 38 years of marriage, two children who were grown and gone.

I knew I couldn't do it. Dan was too nice for me to cheat on him. But, was it really cheating if I had some sexual fun with a female neighbor? Two women as friends - maybe that would be okay.

No, I couldn't do it.

(Or, yes, I could do it)

My mind was overwhelming me for an exciting, romantic, sexual encounter. Could it happen?

*****

More in Julie finds a side hustle - parts II and III