All Comments on 'Junkmail'

by Han_cg

Sort by:
  • 47 Comments
stroudlestroudleover 6 years ago
5 stars and more

You sure can write a good emotional story. Really good believable characters that made this so good and I couldn't stop until I had read it all. I was drawn into Ella's and Sophie's world more and more as each page went on . I was shouting NO when Sophie jumped into bed with Becca again . But it added to the story line and made things more exciting , not knowing what's going to happen next with Ella and Sophie .

I really enjoyed this Thank you .

Taurus03Taurus03over 6 years ago
Junkmail

This is well written. Please write part two. Ella and Sophie need to find their way back to each other.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What the fuck

I never thought I could say that much 'what the fuck' in minute. Sophie's character is infuriating. If they ever get back together, make her work for it, will you?

1994lesbian1994lesbianover 6 years ago
😥

You just broke me, I can't express in words how much I sat on the edge in my seat through out. I loved this and hated it at the same time. I can't wait for the next part. And like an unknown commenter said, "please make her work for it".

I'm hear and waiting for number two.

You blew my mind.

I was already a fan and now even more so,

Jax

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 6 years ago
Wrung through

This story just sent me through an emotional ringer. I love long romantic stories with great characters and you gave me what I needed. However, I can honestly say I have mixed emotions of Sophie right now. I feel her pressure of the two women in her life but when crossed the threshold again with old girlfriend it’s hard feel for her. Especially after she got the beating of her life. My heart is breaking for Ella. Looking forward to part two, but Sophie has a long crawl to get in my good graces.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

It has been a while since a story got me like this. I can't express in words how much a love it. Part two?

And i agree with previous comments. Make Sophie work for it. But also i need them to ended up together. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Might be just me but...

I really dislike Sophie. I had the same problem with Lexie in An Unexpected Reunion, how they both lie to and cheat on their girlfriend. It's such a shitty thing to do to someone, but then it gets conveniently excused because it turns out they're the ex from hell. Is that supposed to make it better?

Maybe it bothers me so much because other than that the characters are so believable. I don't know, it just irks me because otherwise I think your stories are amazing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
this sucks

can't say i enjoy the going back and forth baggage

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Emotional mangle

Finished the story thoroughly angry with how selfish Sophie is and Ella was better off away from this person. Then realised how wrapped I had become with the characters and their ‘journey’ which spoke volumes of the authors storytelling. Well done and I hope Ella can have a happy ending, please?

Han_cgHan_cgover 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks.

Thanks for your comments, they’re always appreciated.

First of all I’d like to just say that I don’t condone or encourage people to cheat on their spouses. Relationships are tricky and I’d always advise people to work at theirs until there is no alternative but to go your separate ways.

However, real life isn’t always black and white and sometimes you meet someone and share a real and strong attraction to. Again, I’m not condoning infidelity, but humans are fickle beings after all.

I didn’t want to write another “happy ever after” take and felt this had realistic themes that often get overlooked in a lot of romantic fiction.

Please bare this in mind when reading.

Thank you again!

MindVisionsMindVisionsover 6 years ago
Go Sophie !

Story is really, really nice !

Some editing errors are present, not impeding the reading though.

As mentioned before you can't help but feel that close to the girls, and the nice ending is not compulsory in any writing (except maybe for children but they probably aren't the main public for this kind story). Though always a tad more immediately satisfying, "bad ending" perfectly fits the whole stuff and is not dropped off from the middle of nowhere, you actually see Sophie giving lots of signals for the way she feels, and heck this is life so bad ought to happens sometimes !

Nice work, thumbs up !

Maddie624Maddie624over 6 years ago

You know how you can appreciate a work of art, a piece of music, or perhaps theatrical performances without actually enjoying the content/theme presented? For instance, I know that Barbara Streisand has an amazing voice and I appreciate her contribution to music, however, her style of music is not something that I really enjoy. I give her props because of her talent as that is readily evident. That said, this particular story was not my cup of tea...The writing style was spot on and the delivery of the story was up-to-par with the rest of your pieces.

I read stories on here so that I can escape my own reality for short amount of time and it is for this reason that I prefer the "happy ending"....life has so few of those that I seek them out where I have a chance of finding them (even if they only exist in my imagination). So what am I trying to say, lol?

I love your work....Home is my absolute favorite story on this site and I return to it time and time again when I need to smile. I love your writing style and your delivery. I just didn't particularly like this story. Eh, every CD, or playlist, has a song or two that we skip to reach our favorites, right? Be well and thank you for your contribution(s) on here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Different but good!

I loved it, I hated it! What a roller coaster of a read! I totally understand what you mean about not wanting to write the same happy endings over and over. That said, I am a sucker for a happy ending! I look forward to the next instalment with both fear and excitement. Please don’t be disheartened by the inevitable comments about Sophie’s selfishness and the infidelity aspect of the story. I hope it doesn’t stop you finishing it. You have a wonderful talent for writing and I hope you continue to entertain us. Just because a story makes us uncomfortable or angry, doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be written. It just means that the author has drawn you in and made you care about the outcome! The mark of a great author if you ask me!! Many thanks.

AnyMooseAnyMooseover 6 years ago
"It's Complicated"

Which doesn't even begin to scratch the surface here...

Looking forward to Part 2 (or maybe even Part 3?) as Sophie & Ella sort out this thing called life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
So eerie!

I feel like this story was written just for me.

Really good, I'm glad this part didn't end in a happily ever after.

Wouldn't be mad if the next part does, though!

LilyVonSchtuppLilyVonSchtuppover 6 years ago
Part 2

Wonderfully written. I hope Sophie and Ella find their "Happily ever after" and that it's with each other. Part 2 can't come soon enough!!

Camera ObscuraCamera Obscuraover 6 years ago

A very well written story, Han_cg. You've got readers invested in, at times, less that likeable characters, which is no mean feat. Looking forward to Part II (hopefully Ella gets her shit together...)

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Fuck I'm so mad and shattered 😭 This is a very well-written story, as all your stories are, and thanj you for sharing this with us. I can't wait to read for the part 2 :) You're a very skilled and talented writer, kudos!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Wow s is such a coward.. I hope e doents wait for her ass.. Patiently waiting for part 2

GlendarGlendarover 6 years ago
I didn't see that coming!

Learning about herself the hard way.

Too bad she has to do it alone.

germanchocolate4ugermanchocolate4uover 6 years ago

Such a good story. However, I'm a little confused because throughout the story Sophie kept saying one of the reasons she liked and preferred Ella was because she could be herself. On initial blush, Sophia saying she choose herself came across kinda "noble" for lack of a better word, but on second thought, her actions were cowardice, selfish, and ass backwards. After fucking up two people's lives, THEN she thinks about taking time to process her last relationship, finding herself, and healing. I am incensed (fictional or not) the character Sophia had the gall to say, "if in twelve months' time our paths were to cross again and that same lethal attraction is still there, lets reexplore it." B----- puh'leez. Ella, if you ever she her again, run away as fast as you can. Be sure to change your number and get a new email address, cause truly there are more fish in the sea. Thanks to Sophia, you now have a better idea of what you want and don't want in a relationship. To anyone reading this and for future reference, if you find yourself blindsided in a relationship whether you were cheated on, it deteriorated, or one of you broke up with the other - if you don't have a life learning experience from it then you may be doomed to repeat it, hence subjecting yourself to more heartache and pain. Not to say even with making better choices this won't happen, but maybe you can recognize it, sooner rather than later. Han_cg, great job. You made us identify and feel for the characters and the outcome of this story. Good, bad, ugly or indifferent

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
I wasn't expecting that ending though.

I was really expecting her to go the "A or B" route, but she just said "C" ya later to both of them; it was a nice change from the cliche, but I felt sorry for Becca and Ella. They were given a lot of false hope, and really believed that Sophie was going to choose one of them, and instead she just blindsided both of them; they both deserve better than her anyway.

Now, she's doomed to be alone forever and she'll fill that void the only way she knows how; having a lot of one night stands. That's the price she has to pay though, for toying with people's emotions the way she did. Sophie's got a lot of growing up to do.

LiveCatLiveCatabout 6 years ago
Loved it

Despite being a sucker for a happy ending i loved this story. It is very well written and depicts the human condition so well. We all have our foibles and insecurities and we all fuck up occasionally. Bad people are capable of doing good things and equally people who are intrinsically good sometimes do bad things.

I have to admit that I'm still hopeful for a sequel with a happy ending, even if some lessons have to be learned along the way!

PygmyCohoPygmyCohoabout 6 years ago
Ugh!

Crap, I feel like crying. Great story, but so painful that it feels somehow too true . . .

However, I'll read the sequel no matter what, albeit with mixed emotions of excitement and dread.

Thank you--I think?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Sophie

Kudos on writing a story with a sad ending--though if this is a 2 parter, I'm guessing part 2 will end more happily. Frankly, though, I don't think Sophie really deserves a happy ending after screwing Ella over so thoroughly. Perhaps part 2 could have Sophie jilted after Ella finds someone better!

Belladonna82Belladonna82about 6 years ago
Amazing

This is the first story I’ve comment on this site about. I’ve read quite a few stories and all of your other ones. My heart was breaking for Ella at the end but I was proud that Sophia chose herself to have. I’ve been in a relationship where you love two people at the same time and need to make a choice, it’s not easy. I applaud you Han_cg for choosing to write your story and not just giving readers a happy ending. I look forward to part 2!

MaonaighMaonaighabout 6 years ago
One thing wrong

I don't know why but somehow I've only just got round to your stories and this is the first I've read. Okay, praise first: "Junkmail" is well written and contains all the drama and conflict a good short story or novella needs to work. And the unhappy ending rings true to life (I love happy endings myself but I'm realistic about real life). All in all, you really grip the reader by the throat. There's only one thing wrong with the story: not one of the major characters is at all likeable. Readers should be able to empathise with at least one main character in a story to relieve any doom and gloom. In general, Sophie, Ella and Becca only inspire dislike. Still, Han, as a writer you're worth five stars so here they are.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Love to hate

I'm sorry I just didn't like this, it was depressing and distressing. It gets a five star though as I rate entirely on literary quality and from that point of view it is very good indeed.

knowinghumansknowinghumansalmost 6 years ago
Rollercoaster

This was my first long story (normally I just read 4 story pages) that I read here and I'm a bit disappointed with how it ended. Don't get me wrong, your storytelling is topnotch, but I was really looking forward to a good ending, which is also farfetched since at the beginning Sophie already cheated (and that already spells disaster), but you just kept me hooked that I wanted to finish it.

Anyway, keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fantastic!

I love this story, it is very real and the ending left me wanting more, because it is such a raw story that is very real and that just about every reader can relate to one way or the other. Very human and I thank you for that! I just discovered your stories and I’m making my way through them. You are one of the best on here and I look forward to reading your future work.

ickabod99ickabod99over 5 years ago
No rating

I didn’t give this a rating because I won’t punish you for the ending. You story is gripping, compelling, and all the other things that make for great writing . I just needed a happy ending today of all days. So, no rating from me today. Maybe later I’ll come back and see if I can still leave a rating. No promises.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Emotion evoking

Never would I've thought I'd enjoy so much drama. I've never had a story where I both love and hate the main character for both who them are and what they do. While I'm enthralled by Sophie's and Ella's 'relationship', I'm enraged by the actions Sophie takes. Although the main focus is on Sophie's emotional baggage you can tell Ella is carrying some too. Sophie also seems like the person who always feels the need to please whatever the circumstances and feels guilty when she fails to do so. I eagerly await for the next part.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Noooooooooooo!!

Speechless! Apart from asking, will there be more?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Hurt

After reading the other stories you’ve published, I had high hopes for this one. But sadly I have to say this is my least liked one you’ve made. I loved it, but the ending hurts me. I’ve developed a love-hate relationship with the plot of this. Your writing is amazing, and I hope you come back with a sequel to this. I expected a similar story-line as your other ones, as it seems you follow a pattern, but nonetheless it’s still just as enjoyable to read as all the others.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
If she's a top ...

If she's really a top, she never would have let herself get beaten up - and she would have punished that insolent behaviour. That's the only thing that seems unrealistic about the story. Otherwise very good.

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54almost 4 years ago

Great storytelling! Not every story can have a happy ending. All three were at fault one way or another. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
It’s me not you

Damn it, you sucker punched me at the end.

I thought this was a really well written story and had me gripped me throughout, but ... I’m a hopeless romantic and I so wanted a happy ending and was so disappointed when it didn’t happen.

Yes I know this is probably a more true to life ending than my wished for Ella & Sophie making it all work out one but you wrote it so well that I bought in to it heart and soul.

I know a lot of comments from when it was first posted asked for a Part 2 but two years on haven’t brought one and ‘keep your readers wanting more’ is always a good aim.

So like my title says ‘It’s not you, it’s me’ I like your writing style and have read all your stories now and look forward to more hopefully, even if you sucker punch me with your endings!

ramblin2020ramblin2020over 3 years ago

Great story! I don't know if this is based on an experience the author had or someone they knew but damned if it didn't feel just like real life.

BellatrixLoverBellatrixLoverover 3 years ago

I know this is asking so much, but I feel like Sophie and Ella's story isn't finished. You are such an amazing writer and you capture happy endings so we'll, I want to refuse to believe their story is over.

Nonetheless, thank you for writing yet another captivating love story. I am emotionally drawn in to EVERY single one of your stories and pretty excited that you're starting to write again.

yoongyoongabout 3 years ago
Sophie us the worst possible person you could ever be in a relationship with

The title says it all, one star, this was actually horrible to read and I’m sorry I put in my time to read this. A cheater, liar, and overall horrible person

TheserialwaffleTheserialwaffleabout 3 years ago

I loved the story but obviously hated the end. Please do something, you are a terrifico writer.I know things aren´t always pink and people are complicarem and not perfect. True. But plepleplease fix this, we like happy endings, we need happy endings because our lives aren´t always pink.Thank you wonderfull Han cg. Keep safe

saragalsaragalalmost 3 years ago

I can't rate this story, it wouldn't be fair to you since I'm still reeling from the ending. well written as always.

AfricanbluAfricanblualmost 3 years ago

As much as I hated how this ended, it’s too good not to give it 5 stars.

Life isn’t a happy ending and I’m sure most readers have had that Sophie “relationship”.

Thank you for a heartfelt story that couldn’t have been easy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I think this would work better if told entirely from Sophia's point of view.

lilshymynxlilshymynxover 2 years ago

This story was good until page 6. Becca's assault of Sophie was difficult to read, but realistic and unfortunately happens all to often. At least Sophie got out of there and didn't stay.

What I had a problem with and made me quit reading was Sophie getting aggressive and physical with Ella when she showed up at her place trying to sort things out. I've no interest in reading a story where people are just horrible to each other for no reason. We get enough of that in real life.

gopherdudegopherdudeover 2 years ago

God I can't tell you how much I disliked this story. It was so disappointing after the quality of your other work. I kept reading thinking it must get better but it just continued to spiral out of control and I was left feeling a little annoyed that I had invested so much time reading a story that contained distasteful subject matter and no likeable characters. That said, I understand this is a site for amateur writers and there are bound to be some hits and misses. I think you are very talented With a solid trak record and i will continue to read anything else you decide to publish.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Yeah, I feel like I've completely wasted my time and emotional investment. That ending completely and utterly failed to payoff the drama.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHan_cg@Han_cg
So far the feedback for Home 2.0 has been... interesting. So I’m making it public that I knew it would either be loved or hated. Kind of like marmite. Honestly, I really despise the original publication. The fact so many people love it is flattering, but that’s just my opini...