Just a Little Bit of Country

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"If there's a look of yours that I don't like, I haven't found it quite yet. Give me some time," I replied.

I made my way back to the driver's seat, heading for the steakhouse that she'd picked. The car ride was perfect. We hadn't needed much music, instead just talking about whatever came to mind. I'd found that Bella was a perfect conversationalist. I was convinced that I'd listen to her about anything, but that might have well been because I adored her accent.

I guided her into the steakhouse once we arrived, ensuring that every door was held for her. Me nor my parents would ever claim to have taught me everything, but they'd certainly made sure that their boy was as gentlemanly as possible. Therefore, every door would be held open for any girl and all dates would come out of my pocket. That much I'd make sure of.

We found our way to a secluded table in the back of the restaurant. "Are you a wine girl?" I asked, looking over the menu.

"I'll drink whatever the hell you buy, but the answer is yes," she winked.

The waiter came to our table, greeting us both kindly. For the table, I ordered a bottle of red wine, something that I hoped we could both enjoy together. I'd never known too much about wine, but Mom had passed down some of her connoisseur-like knowledge for times like these.

"I see why your dad likes it so much here. It's a nice place," I said, looking over the decor.

"If you can believe it, I'm not particularly concerned with what the place looks like. The company makes it more interesting to me," she flirted, allowing her fingers to dance across the tablecloth.

Every move she did made her feel more like a movie character to me. If she'd had any flaws, I wouldn't have been able to find them. Even if I did find them, I was sure I was much too interested in her and her beauty to care all that much. Isabella was perfect company and a wonderful date. We shared a few glasses of undoubtedly great wine and a couple of steaks that more than satiated two hungry stomachs. I was sure that even if the food was bad, I would've given it the highest praises. No matter what was in front of me on my plate, I was more concerned with my gorgeous date.

I'd been smitten with her smile, one that seemed to light up the dimmed lights in the steakhouse. Not to mention her shiny green eyes that shone like gemstones in contrast to her gorgeous dark hair. "It's a little funny to see without your hat," I teased.

"I can always bring it to the next date if it changes that much," she replied.

"Next date? Presumptuous one aren't you?" I smirked.

I wasn't sure there was anything I wouldn't do for a second date, but it was equally nice to know that she felt her own interest in another date too. "How's a picnic sound for date two?" I pondered.

"Sounds perfect. Absolutely perfect," she answered.

To think, we hadn't even ended our first date and it seemed we were both dreaming of what the second one would look like. Someday, I knew I'd be thanking Tommy more than ever before for forcing me to talk to this perfect and lovely cowgirl that line danced her way into my life.

We enjoyed our steaks and when the check came, I was more than happy to pay. She protested for a moment, but I made a point to let her know that she wouldn't be winning this one. As long as I was around, I'd make sure that she was treated to whatever she wanted. "You're a gentleman through and through then, aren't ya?" She smirked, tapping my leg with her shoe.

Once we'd cleaned up, I led the way back to the car. I hated that the night was coming to an end, but I was happy knowing that this wasn't just one night for the two of us. As I pulled back into the driveway leading to her house, she gently rested her hand on the console. I parked the car and moved to open her door and walk her inside. Her hand held me tightly, keeping me in place. "Thank you for tonight, City Boy. I ain't been on a date in awhile, but this one was worth waiting for," she praised in a softer tone.

She leaned over the console, pecking my cheek. "Better keep this up. Girls like me fold like paper for gentlemen," she winked.

I knew my face had turned a bright red in a blush. I couldn't believe how damn lucky I'd gotten in meeting this wonderful girl. I opened the passenger door and walked her to the front door of her house. She waved me one last goodbye, smirking at the blush she'd caused before disappearing within.

The whole drive home, a big, wide, almost cartoonish grin decorated my face. Even by the time I had changed and hit my bed, I was still smiling like an idiot. My phone buzzed once more. "Good night, Chris. Thank you for tonight :)" Bella's final text of the night read.

"Good night, Bella. Thank you for letting me take you out. I'll see you again soon," my text promised.

A few days passed by. This time, Bella and I shared more phone calls. It was nice to have someone to share my days with. I hadn't seen her in person in the meantime, but it still felt like she was around. We'd even planned our second date for Friday. The weather had been less than pleasant for a few days, but it was due to be cleared up. I was so excited. I'd never been the best cook, so I'd even called my mom to make sure everything was perfect - even if it was mostly just sandwiches.

That was until one morning I was broken out of my sleep. My phone buzzed loudly on my bedside table. I lurched up from my sleep so fast, I nearly smacked my head against the headboard as I reached for it. It was a call from Bella. I noted that it wasn't even six in the morning, so I assumed this was urgent. "Bella?" I groaned, still half asleep.

"Chris? I'm sorry I called you so early in the morning. I-I wouldn't want to disturb you, but I need a little help," she replied.

"Anything you need, Bella," I offered hastily.

"Dad hurt his back yesterday when he was working in the field, so Mama is making him take the day off. I offered to do the work, but I could use your help," she explained.

Her voice sounded distraught and I felt bad for her. "I'll be there in thirty," I promised softly, "don't get started without me. Can't have you getting hurt either."

I could almost hear the smile cracking through the phone. "I'll see you soon then. Wear some jeans and an old t-shirt," she instructed.

"Yes ma'am," I replied.

I quickly moved to my closet, finding an old pair of jeans. I'd never loved jeans, but it's more or less a necessity to have at least a few pairs as an adult man. I grabbed my thermos and filled it with coffee, before heading toward the farm.

Isabella greeted me near the front door. She practically ran over me when she rushed me with a hug. "Thank you. I'm sorry if I woke you up," she said.

"Don't apologize. I'm happy to help," I replied, gently breaking from her.

Even in a pair of old jeans, a camo t-shirt, and those old boots she'd worn when we met, she looked like something out of a modeling catalog. "Come on. I'll show you around," she offered, grasping my hand and leading me to the rest of the property.

I looked over the expanse of what her family owned. There was a barn, a stable, and a fairly wide space consisting of fields and open plains. "What's growing in the fields?" I asked, turning my gaze to her.

"Corn. Corn. Corn. A little wheat, but mostly corn," she chuckled.

It was only fitting, after all most of the damn state was covered in corn fields. "Let's get started on our work, cowgirl," I winked.

She nudged me back, gently poking me with her boot. "A go-getter. I love that," she said, before strutting toward the barn.

Before we'd even gotten too close to the barn, I could hear the loud moos that came from inside. "Have you ever worked with cows?" She asked.

I quickly shook my head. "They're pretty easy. Especially since we're just gonna move 'em out to the pasture so they can graze," she smiled.

"You ever watched the cows graze?" Isabella asked as we moved to the barn, "they always look so peaceful. Lucky bastards."

"I'd say I'm the lucky bastard standing next to you," I teased, bumping my shoulder into hers.

She guided me through letting the cows out to the pasture. She was sure to warn that they can be a little rowdy, but these cows tended to be sweet and gentle no matter what. They didn't try getting off to a trampling run or anything, simply trotting out to the green, grassy pasture. Something about watching her tend to the farm was oddly adorable. She'd always be a welcome sight in my eyes.

Once the cows were free to roam, we moved to the equipment barn. Isabella made sure to point out a few pieces she figured would be useful for later, but I lost my focus a couple times. I couldn't help but lose myself in her beauty. "Done letting your jaw hang, City Boy? We got work to do," her smile was soft.

Her hand guided gently under my chin and closed my mouth, which I hadn't even realized had fallen agape. "We gotta walk the fields now. Just checkin' for anything that looks out of place. If ya see anything out of place, pick it and toss it. I promise, it's not as boring as it sounds."

She walked me toward the first of a few cornfields. The two of us walked up and down rows of corn. "It's still the growing season, but not for long. Soon it'll be time to harvest," she explained.

"Have you always helped out on the farm?" I asked, before noticing a small weed.

I pulled it as she looked over the field. "As long as Dad's been letting me," she said.

She seemed proud of all the corn, watching as it neared the peak of its growth. I didn't know the first thing about what was perfect growth, but it looked pretty close to the corn in the grocery store. "I think you're the only person not in the family to help on the farm. I mean Dad didn't technically invite you, but that should still count for something. I'd dare to say you fit in just right here," she smirked.

"I like it here. Maybe it's just the company, but it's nice here," I said, moving closer to her.

I'd almost forgotten I'd come here under the guise of work. By all means, this had become a strange, agriculturally themed date of some kind. We'd stopped in the middle of the cornfield as the morning sun rose over us. The orange morning sun shined nicely upon her perfect skin. "I'm glad you called. Even if it woke me up," I teased.

"I am too," she replied.

Our eyes locked for a moment and under the morning sun, the world felt so perfect. I leaned close, placing my lips against the softness of her own. I'd never anticipated our first would be in a corn field, but I wasn't sure there was any better way to do it. It wasn't long, but it was perfect, and that was all I'd ever needed it to be.

She pulled away, her emerald green eyes shining back at me. "I think I'm even more glad after that," she chuckled.

"You're amazing Isabella," I replied, "I hate to say it, but we should probably at least finish this field."

She chuckled and leaned up against me, before we returned to strolling through the field. The whole time, my lips buzzed, hungering for more kisses and more time to just be with her. For some reason, I could feel that there was plenty more time for the two of us to be together. Some part of me even hoped for forever already. Maybe that was far fetched, but it was a thought I couldn't let go of.

We continued walking the fields, picking as many weeds as we saw and discarding them. There wasn't a second kiss in the expanse of the field, but I could tell the two of us both had it on our minds. Once we finished the first, we continued on to the second, then the third, and so on until we finished. By the time we'd finished weeding out the fields, it was approaching noon.

Isabella reached to wipe some sweat from her brow as she let out a soft chuckle. "We have a little more to do, but I reckon we've earned ourselves a break. Mama always makes lunch," she said, stepping toward me and taking my hand in hers.

"I couldn't impede on family lunch," I hardly finished my sentence before her finger silenced me.

"Wasn't a request, Chris. You help out on the farm, and now you come in for lunch," she instructed.

I replied only with a nod, knowing there was no way out of this one. "My parents will adore you, come on," she gestured, leading me by the hand toward the house.

Once we reached the house, we were directly greeted by the dining room. Isabella led the way. "Hi Mama!" She called toward the kitchen.

"Hey sweetie. Go wash your hands, lunch is almost ready," her mother replied.

"You too young man," she added quickly.

Isabella led me toward the bathroom. She washed her hands first, then stepped aside so I could as well. I washed my hands thoroughly, taking away the leftover dirt from outside. The whole time, I noted the way that Bella's eyes focused upon me. I turned back to her, sticking my tongue out slightly before gently swatting her arm.

We returned to the dining room, where Isabella's mother had kindly laid out the table with her prepared lunch. I glanced at Isabella's mother. She was almost the spitting image of Isabella, perhaps aged a little with gray hairs and an older body, but still, I could see that she'd gifted her genetics to her daughter. "It's nice to have you, Chris. Bella tells us all about you," she smiled.

I glanced at Isabella, who now sported a blush on her face. I wasn't sure I'd ever seen her blush like this prior. "Well, you've done a wonderful job raising her. She's fantastic," I replied.

"She's alright. A little sassy some days," her mother chuckled.

"She's a helpful one, that's for sure," I heard a man's voice call from the stairs.

After a few creaky steps, her father appeared in the dining room. He was a boisterous man, probably a little older than Bella's mother even. He carried a slight beer belly on a frame of average height. His smile was wide, though his eyes displayed his exhaustion. "Mr. Chris," he said with a smile.

He gently landed a pat on my shoulder. "Thank you for helping me out today. I'm sorry if Bella disturbed you," he said.

"Please, sir. It's no problem at all. As long as you need a break, I don't mind helping out around here," I replied.

Her parents exchanged a glance before a deeper chuckle came from her father. "Oh please. Sir, was my father. Just call me David. Me and my lovely wife, Rachel don't deal much in formalities. And I appreciate the offer. Perhaps I can let someone help me more often. Bella, how's his work?" He asked in a teasing tone.

"He's good. He listens well, and he's helpful," Bella added, nudging me with her leg.

"Then maybe I'll start laying back and letting you two do some of the work," David said, "it's good to have you in the house, son. Don't be afraid to stop by as you please."

He moved to the kitchen, grabbing food for himself before disappearing again. "His back is terrible. He's been working on farms since he was 16. He needs the help, and we appreciate you, Chris," Rachel added.

I could see she was worried about her husband. Even Isabella was a bit worried about her father. We finished up lunch soon after, indulging in some small talk. I offered to help with the cleanup, but Rachel heard none of it. I adhered to her direction, and soon Bella and I were back to working outside.

She could hardly contain a smile as we returned to the outdoors. "Either you're the best suck up actor I've ever met, or you're a real gentleman and the best boy I've ever met," Bella chuckled, grabbing my hand.

"I'm sure I don't know what you mean," I shrugged nonchalantly, "I just wanted to be myself in front of your parents."

She rolled her eyes and softly kicked my leg. "You're a good man, Chris. I'm glad we met."

I smiled at her, quietly pulling her close. "Since you met my parents, I think that makes you my boyfriend now," she whispered, looking up at me.

"I'd like that. As long as you're my girlfriend," I chuckled.

She nodded, a certain joy swelling within her. I reluctantly released, before we found ourselves moving toward the horse stables. "This'll be our last task, but it might take a bit. We have to feed the horses and then we'll probably have to give a few of them a proper bath," she explained.

The feeding part was quite easy. The horses all had their own dishes and all it took was setting the feed into their troughs and making sure they ate. Washing them was a whole different game.

Bella took the reins of a horse named Sunshine, and pulled him toward a separated section of the barn. The section sported a hose, shampoo, and a few hooks on both sides to tie the reins too. The horse seemed perturbed as soon as it slid its way into the bathing stall, but I hadn't even seen how ironic the name Sunshine was.

She gently petted the horse, trying to calm him. She guided me to pet him as well, but Sunshine had no interest in me. He bucked slightly, giving strange neighs. I stepped back, but Isabella ushered me back. She moved to grab the hose and shampoo. The horse was distracted, until the first gush of water hit him. He seemed angered the very second it did. He didn't react right away, but by the time he felt more water, he started kicking his legs and neighing like his leg was being cut off.

He got up on his rear legs and nearly kicked my head off. I moved quickly, barely avoiding his strong legs. Eventually, he settled down, though calm isn't a word I'd describe Sunshine as. There were a few more horses to wash, but none of them had been nearly as wild as Sunshine. Once we had finished, Isabella grabbed my hand. "Thank you for everything today. I don't think I could've done all this alone," she said, pulling my tighter into a hug.

"Thank you for being my girlfriend," I replied, holding her tightly, "I'd do anything you needed."

She released slightly, looking at me with a grin. "I might have to take you up on that offer at some point. Can we still have that picnic date sometime?" She asked.

"How's tomorrow?" I asked.

She replied with a simple nod. We left the horse barn, now bound for the house. I hated knowing that I had to be away from her after literally the whole day by her side, but I feared that I was being a bit clingy.

Bella led me to the door, and then out to my car. "Chris. I mean it, thank you for all the help," she said once more.

"Don't thank me. I'd do anything. Like I said," I promised.

We leaned in once more, sharing a deeper and longer kiss. "Good night gorgeous," I said, before driving home.

The next day, we were set for our picnic date. As I glanced outside, I looked at a beautiful sunny day. I knew a nice park not far from town and I couldn't wait to show Bella the area. Over the past few days, and especially since that perfect kiss, I'd dreamed of sharing every little facet of my life with her. How had I stumbled into a perfect girl? Even more so, how had she decided that she liked me in the same way?

By 11 o'clock, I'd pulled up to the house. I felt much more comfortable, walking up to the door and knocking. I awaited a reply with joy. However, Bella didn't answer. Instead, David stood ahead of me. "Chris!" He practically cheered.

He was quick to pull me into a hug, though wincing after a moment or two as he held a hand on his back. "Hello David," I smiled.

He transitioned to a handshake and smiled at me. "Bella will be out in a minute. You can just wait in the dining room if you'd like," he said, before turning away to head outside.

I watched him tentatively, hoping that he wasn't pushing his back too hard. Before I had much time to think about it, my eyes were met with the most glorious sight in the world. Decorated in a lacy white sundress, Isabella descended the stairs like an angel. I knew my mouth must be hanging agape as I looked up. "Jesus..." I half whispered.

"Not good enough?" She asked softly.

"Not sure there's anything better in all truth," I replied.