All Comments on 'Just a Little Magic Ch. 06'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Another Really good chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Another great chapter but I feel bad for Pete and Danielle. I hope he finds out how Janine is screwing him over but my guess is that after she sets him up to just be seen with another woman, she recorded it and sent it off. I am seriously looking forward to the Penn and Teller part of the story because that is a really smart move to put in this story. I will say that Sammy seems rather chummy with Janine lately and that bothers me as well but then I really get into a good story like this. Thanks again for all you put into this story, it is turning out incredible.

J.D.

Comentarista82Comentarista82about 3 years ago

Of course the "poisoning" of Danielle makes me wonder whom is doing this. Janine or Lilian? Obviously Pete knows either of them are guilty, but it still feels so weird. Janine almost seems sociopathic at times.

Just for some odd reason, this chapter didn't seem to have the same "umph" as others have, as it seems like the first half up to and just past the BBQ seemed to be as well-paced as others; it was the back half that oddly seemed a bit off your game, much like reflecting Pete's wandering about for about 6 shows, trying to get his rhythm back...or is that intentionally designed that way? Perhaps you're saving some of the "magic" for the next chapter, when they are to be on Penn and Teller?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I can't believe he hasn't thought that this is a setup yet. That he is the one creating this harem of witches for the future. Great story, but at some time you'd think he'd begin to wonder a bit more.

cliqueggecliqueggeabout 3 years ago

Still enjoying it - thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Another great story developing

FumblingGazeFumblingGazeabout 3 years ago

Seems like being on a program that big could present some dangers, whether it's the hosts/staff or audience members, that's a lot of scrutiny on their act. I suspect someone is going to recognize their magic for what it is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The only source of buy in we have in the past few chapters is the MC's long term relationships. And you've left them both unresolved. They mystery of why they ended isn't even a mystery. Unless that changes next chapter I'll just be skimming for the porn.

PythiasPythiasabout 3 years ago

Your stories are a blessing and a curse. I check back every few months to see what you've written to delightfully lose several hours of sleep catching up on the backlog. Keep it up, buddy!

MajesticJMajesticJabout 3 years ago

I can’t help thinking it’s a major plot hole that Pete has never asked his mother about his biological father. I mean, he is supposed to be the great enemy that he’s on a decade plus quest to defeat but I guess he doesn’t need any extra information or insights on the man. For that matter, what about his mother’s family? They are apparently talented in magic and involved with other users enough to arrange a marriage for Pete’s mom yet he never thinks of seeking them out for info or training or just to make a connection. No, he would rather blindly (and rather stupidly) follow the Janine and Lillian plan which lets face it sounds like a ridiculous solution to every other person on earth except Peter.

That combined with his utterly passive acceptance of two separate relationships blowing up for no apparent reason has me questioning if this guy has anything approaching a fucking clue.

I hope you have him wise up a little and discover some personal agency very soon or I might not be able to hang with this story for the long haul.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This feels like a transitional phase of the story. That's fine, it's a necessary part of every serial, and I don't mean it to detract from the fact that it was quite good. Pete's desire for a long term relationship was obviously going to be a problem. Eventually the fact that Pete is being manipulated by Janine and Lillian will also become a problem. Can't wait to see what's next.

gkrishnagkrishnaover 2 years ago

I'm skipping through the story wherever he's not in a relationship (which is most of the story, admittedly) because it's just too sad, to see him manipulated and not have a life of his own.

TEXASMADDOGTEXASMADDOG9 months ago

This chapter "almost" received a three-star rating...I am really disturbed by the ending of the relationship with Danielle the way it did..."IF" Janine is not the cause of the ending of two long-term relationships...WHO IS???!!! This is also becoming way too much of a distraction for me, a long with some other readers, and I would like to see resolution to this so I can get on with enjoying the story more!!

Ginette is a nice sideline, she seemed to be more appreciative of Pete's attention than Helene did.

Five Stars...hhhmmm...will see about this later!

MarkT63MarkT634 months ago

Peter should be more curious about his father...

Jalibar62Jalibar623 months ago

So he just gave up on Danielle? And Michelle? Of course Janine was behind both breakups. And I’m convinced she and Lillian are lying to him.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES