All Comments on 'Just a Little Magic Ch. 07'

by AspernEssling

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Excellent writing. Outstanding dialogue. I can appreciate the Canadian references. Most Canadians that I know are polite and considerate. But one would be woefully mistaken to take that kind of attitude for weakness. I wonder if Pete is like that? He seems to be, but maybe it is to early to tell.

CPauloCPauloabout 3 years ago

Just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait to see where this story goes!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Nice writing. Really enjoying the series. Keep going! :)

Comentarista82Comentarista82about 3 years ago

A hands-down 5.

I liked you selling the Penn & Teller show on the "down-low," as a nice stepping-stone, but not a huge explosion of interest, leading all that into more genuine interviews. Taking down the one dolt by calling him an "a-hole" on the air was classic.

Perfect interlude at Brian's with Pete and Sophie: again, more the soft sell, but nicely played, and even nicer was slow-rolling the mind reading.

Certainly can't fault details on fucking Janine--and especially when Pete turned the tables on her for a short time and made her melt. That was actually hotter than the sex (to me, just my opinion), as Janine really hasn't had to deal with a "match," and you almost impress me that you're building us up for Pete to manage to finagle many secrets out of her after all.

Well done! It was a smooth and excellent read throughout.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Great story. There is one thing I don't understand... he got dumped by two girls he had big feelings for, one moment they love him, the next they hate him and don't want to see him ever again. He is a mind reader and he isn't even trying to investigate what happened? He could confront them or try to talk to their friends and read their minds or stalk them or whatever. One time can be a fluke but both serious relationships ending this way? I would guess that either Janine / Lillian have something to do with this or a third party, maybe even his father?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Honestly, he's just letting Janine test him like shit. It's her life at stake, he should remind her of that

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I'm too much of a romantic at heart, I was hopeful for more of a romance with Janine but I find her currently a bit shallow and vain. I hope I'm wrong about her, and I can't wait for the reveal on what keeps destroying Pete's relationships

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I am still enjoying this story greatly. I get joy out of this story when something like Pete ones up with an idea like the soundproof box and even when he is met with resistance, he still powers through it and proves how it is a great idea/gimmick. This chapter continues to impress just as the others have so please keep knocking them out because you have fans out here that appreciate it and respect your work.

One of the things I have never understood in life was the role of the walking, talking douchebag. I have never seen a benefit to having them around and I am always amazed that they somehow manage to have friends and even a girlfriend/boyfriend. They have a tendency to lie, cheat, and steal while proving that they manage to lack humanity and the simplest modicum of decency although they will continue to point out everyone’s character flaws while somehow managing on expounding on their own incredible ability to be better than any other individual. I guess they are like cockroaches which basically means they can survive anything but scurry away when you turn on the lights.

FrightenedFrightenedabout 3 years ago

Aspern,

You clearly don't need any affirmation from me, but for what it's worth, you are a seriously good writer. Pacing, story development, all but invisible clue tendrils that you don't forget to develop in later chapters, and a very real-to-life feeling. I'm hooked; thank you for doing this!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The greatest complement to you is that you get the most coherent and thoughtful comments - except this one, of course.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Dude, F**K YOU! You have kept me up for like 5 hours reading this stuff, keep up writing, because you sir are fucking AMAZIN'

ThatMan12ThatMan12about 3 years ago

5 stars just for the leafs refrence

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's just too big a stretch that he doesn't care for a second about why he suddenly can't read his girlfriends and they break up with him out of nowhere. I'm sorry I love some of your other stories but this one I really can't continue reading...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He's like the Columbo if Magic!

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 1 year ago

Well our central character did have a brief flash of independence, fingers crossed it gets more prolonged. Btw, the Anon poster is right, he comes over on stage as the bumbling incompetent whose antics belie a very competent magician, classical misdirection, the Columbo of Magic indeed.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

"I'm not sure what Teller thought. He never said a word" You don't say! (Just like Teller, hehe.)

Speaking of being fooled... why does he keep trying to get into a long-term relationship before his mission is complete? Fool me once, shame on you. Twice, shame on me. Thrice? Get your damn head checked!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAspernEssling@AspernEssling
Still writing. More to come. For those who are interested: you may have noticed that I mention music fairly often. That's because I tend to listen to music while I write, so that certain artists/albums become associated with certain stories. Here are some of the connections. G...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES