All Comments on 'Just Beth'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 218 Comments (Page 3)
miket0422miket042211 months ago

It was nice to see them work through their problems and come out of it stronger than before.

Beth seemed more than a little bit naive. The closest she ever came to figuring out what Carl was up to was "if I didn't know better I would think he was hitting on me". It's probably for the best she started her own business. If she had gone to work for another big company she would have eventually run into another predator and with her inability to recognize the truth of a situation she would have eventually gotten herself into trouble.

Alberto_MBFAlberto_MBF11 months ago

Did you really just spell faux pas foopa?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

@Alberto_MBF

Get over it. This is a site for amatuer authors, giving us their offerings free of charge.

I have seen so much worse on this site and still don't hold it against the author. They are trying, they are being creative, and I, for one, think this story was a nice distraction.

They fought for their marriage, which is so much better than you see in a lot of these stories.

HighBrowHighBrow9 months ago

This Femdom agitprop was strictly business with no cheating. Much more of a Romance than a Loving Wives, I feel. I didn’t rate it highly.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Highbrow, you need a new record. that idiot catchprase of yours is way past it’s use by date.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

WOW what a waste of time, nothing in there as far as life lessons other than feministic propaganda, trying to sell the same bs lies. What did he get for his investment? What investment you self-entitled narcissistic feminists are asking.... lol, his time, his attention, his money, his security, his protection, there is absolutely nothing for a man in a marriage what we did get long ago no longer exists, respect? fidelity? The two main things men marry for, they no longer get and not only do they not get them but women can cheat and disrespect their husbands and get rewarded for it.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

4 Stars as he did better then My Bosses every thought of doing /. They messed with the wrong guy . An ex felon from Folsom who loved his wife.

AllNigherAllNigher7 months ago

I enjoyed this. I see lots of bad comments but honestly this was a refreshing story about two people in a realistic relationship who didn't cheat on each other and found a way to regain their connection.

To the guy who was bitching about women and feminism and marriage not being what it used to be.... I'm sure you can still find a woman who wants to live like it's 1623, but your arguments are ridiculous. My wife is a professional age we respect EACH OTHER ( I know., God forbid a man respect a woman it's supposed to be unidirectional, right). We've been faithful too EACH OTHER as well. Again, not a single edged sword as you probably want it.

What do I get out of marriage? To spend my time and share my life with someone I love, and she gets the same. Either of us could survive great on our own financially. And if I've of us is doing better than the other at some point who cares.

That you effectively want a sex slave and house servant for a wife is telling.

Despite some bad weird choices and a few dialogue oddities I thought it was well written and certainly worth the price! Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Very common theme; the husband recognizes the predator but the wife does not (or will not). Usually not until it's too late.

I'm not sure that HighBrow knows what 'Femdon Agitprop' actually means?

Thanks for sharing; this was quite a good story. I'm a sucker for a happy ending :)

pjpbpjpb6 months ago

Well written overall but too long build up.

Trust is used as an ax 'do toy trust me', while love and empathy should be centerpiece is such situations 'would I feel comfortable in similar situation if roles were reversed, with my partner interacting with third party I do not trust' and 'whether he/she is right or wrong about this person/ situations, he/ she is hurt' by them. Except exceptional jealousy that may require counseling, prioritization of relationship welfare over personal assessment would work much better for wife here

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19696 months ago

truthfully, I found it a bit boring. the initial romance was nice though.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Amazing. An LW story with tension but no cheating. Will wonders never cease?

WoodencavWoodencav3 months ago

A very good LW storey. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

ViolentKnightViolentKnight2 months ago

5 stars.

This tale didn't turn into her cheating ONLY because she actually paid attention to what her husband said.

Male friends or coworkers/bosses are always looking for any opportunity to get into women's pants. Women in committed relationships are easier targets cause they get bored, frustrated, sad and angry easier. The moment they see the friend or coworker as better than their guy, that's their opening. From there all they have to do is be a good listener, find an opportunity to get you vulnerable/drunk and BAM! They're in.

GrassIsGreenerGrassIsGreener2 months ago

This was a really good story. Steve and Beth were both very likable characters. Thanks

GrassIsGreenerGrassIsGreener2 months ago

My favorite was when Beth brought MacDonald's to Steve's office. That was quite clever.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A very good story about a very good marriage . Your characters were all very believable well worth the five stars .

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

Given Carl's intense anger over his divorce and his disdain/hatred of Steve, it's quite surprising that he didn't seek retribution after losing his job because of him.

Steve's character doesn't quite appeal to me; he comes across as too controlling and demanding. Why wouldn't he just wait for Beth to settle into her career, did he really think that little of her that once settled she'd just ditch him?

The narrative also seemed to suggest that Beth and Steve were intimate for the first time after reconciling, which left me questioning whether I had missed something or if that was indeed the driver for Steve's eagerness to wed? If they were in an exclusive relationship, then engagement shouldn't have posed an issue. It's common for couples to stay engaged for over five years before finally tying the knot. Many, often the more pragmatic ones, choose to start a family prior to marriage. So, what was holding Beth back from simply agreeing? Was she wary of commitment, or was this just a clever ploy to inject some tension into the tale?

It made little sense, and even less once it was mentioned they were watching Cars together, thus placing the timeline less than 20 years ago. I mean I could have understood if it were in the 70s perhaps even the 80s, but by 2006 people were no longer constrained by such outdated and childish social mores. Weddings are simply events where the participants waste huge sums of money on nothing worthwhile.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous