Just Good Friends

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Yet again her daughter had shocked her, so much so it didn't even cross her mind about chastising her for dropping the f bomb repeatedly.

***

Linda had agreed to our plan, it was actually Rachel's idea to do it for real and she had asked Linda if she was willing. I confirmed it was the last option before looking at a divorce.

We had a really lovely time discovering the city... as just good friends. Linda was great company, easy and relaxing, it reminded me of the things I had been missing with Moira. Linda was so positive and enthusiastic throughout the trip.

I was surprised when Moira met us at the airport; I waited for the tirade that was bound to follow.

Moira extended a polite greeting for Linda which took us both aback, "Linda could you give us a bit of time, maybe grab a coffee, then I will drive us all home."

Linda nodded, wishing Moira luck before wandering off.

We sat nervously in the near empty arrivals hall, "I am sorry Ian, I never realised how it must have felt to you. I know I hurt your feelings and have neglected you. I've missed you so much.

I couldn't think of anything to say at that point.

Vince was mortified after Rachel's outburst, he had some pretty hard questions for me and I didn't like the answers very much. I craved his attention and encouraged him and that doesn't reflect very well on me as a person at all. It looks like our friendship is over."

I shrugged, "That doesn't fix us Moira, you've ignored me, prioritised someone else. I am not even sure if you like me anymore."

"Of course I do, I like and love you."

I was about to respond that I loved her too out of habit, but it dawned on me I wasn't sure any more. That deep connection with someone special had been missing for some time. Moira noticed my non response, her eyes widened.

"Please give me another chance Ian; we can't finish a 23 year marriage over a friendship."

"No, but we can if there is no respect, no trust and when the person you love more than anything in the world consistently puts other people in front of you."

"I know I fucked up, I do respect you... totally; I took you for granted, assuming you'd always be there. That Rome trip was a mistake, we persuaded ourselves you were being jealous and controlling, so the trip was partly to demonstrate I was my own independent person."

"It's hardly independent if you're attached to him all of the time."

She appeared to be panicking and struggling to come up with a good argument for us to stay together.

"Just... just give me three months; I'll prove it to you! It doesn't matter what I say here and now, you don't trust me and I understand that, so let me prove it to you, give me three months to show it to you, if you're happy then give me another three months after that."

Her words came out in a panicky jumble, but she seemed sincere. I reluctantly agreed, but with little hope, I was struggling to see how she could change so radically.

Initially she managed it, it was like going back five years in our marriage, we focused on each other and started talking more. I thought the changes wouldn't last and we'd revert back to the same old routines and attitudes, but Moira proved me wrong. In the end I had to tell her to relax more... we were doing ok and shouldn't force things. We spent more time together, listened to each other properly and shared all our plans and ambitions for retirement.

She still saw Vince on occasion and I was fine with that. That relationship changed as well, Mora said she was trying to hook him up with a couple of her single friends.

Linda was happy for us and remained a close friend and neighbour.

Rachel was ecstatic, claiming all of the credit for getting us back together properly, I didn't argue too much about that.

We're on our 30th three month extension and still going strong.

End.

12