Just Once - Like It or Not

Story Info
Ending to the unfinished story by Kalimaxos.
7.2k words
3.72
37.3k
44
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is my ending to the story by Kalimaxos named 'Just once-if you don't mind.' If you haven't read the beginning I suggest you do. It was left without an ending so others could add the ending. My first time reading it I didn't want to write this. I felt painted into a corner. After thinking about it for days I came around. I tried to stay true to the author's facts but had to use a little imagination. I hope you like it. If you hate it be sure to leave a comment.

-------

I took a pull on my Red Moschato wishing it would start to numb my brain. "Well, to be honest, I could use a sympathetic ear and a whole lot of advice and a woman's point of view. I can't even think about sex right now. I haven't missed the fact that you are a very attractive woman. Trust me when I say I admire your body. But I can't even imagine doing that right now. My wife, on the other hand has no problem with it apparently."

She moved slightly away from me respecting my feelings. "Rick, I'm so sorry about all this. I feel like it's all my fault." She started crying so I brought her in for a hug.

"Hey, no! You gave Marcy an excuse to help her along, but I have a feeling this would have happened with or without you. I feel bad that she used you like this." I released my consoling hug. "I understand you wanted this to happen but still... Leslie, I don't know if or when I might want to give you what you want but like I said, I need someone to help me through the next six weeks. I was hoping it would be you."

Leslie gave me a half smile saying, "Not very many men care about what I have to say."

I smirked, "You're an intelligent, interesting woman wrapped in a very sexy package, most men are missing half of your beauty."
She blushed and giggled.

"What am I going to tell Vince?" she said with a discouraged look. "He thinks I'm getting my hole pounded as we speak."

"You can stay and talk for a while and then tell him a whopper of a lie. I want you to come over as much as you can, if you don't mind." My heart sank when I said the last four words. I never had an option, that much was certain. "I value your opinion and the rest of my life will be determined in the coming weeks."

"I'm really glad I can help you, Rick. I really do like you as a person too. I hope you don't think I'm some cheap whore." She looked at her feet in embarrassment.

"Listen, what you and Vincent do in your marriage is your own business. As long as it makes you both happy."

A tear started to form and roll down her cheek. "I'm not so sure it makes us BOTH happy. I often feel used; by the men I sleep with AND my husband. I also think of myself as a whore, but I want to make him happy so I go along with it."

I scratched my chin and furrowed my brow, "Wait, what? Marcy said you would never leave Vincent because you get to fuck lots of guys. And you said a few minutes ago that if you like the guy you take him to your room."

"Well maybe Marcy thinks that anybody that gets to fuck around is happy. In my case, I sometimes like it and sometimes don't but I can't turn down every guy that doesn't appeal to me or Vince will get annoyed. So as long as they aren't completely gross I usually go ahead with it."

I felt for Leslie. She needs some help. "Maybe over the next few weeks we can help each other with our marriages." She smiled and got up to fill our glasses again.

"Oops, all gone," as she swung the bottle back and forth.

"Last cabinet on the left, I picked up a few bottles to help with my spirits. Unless you want to switch to scotch. I grabbed a handle of that too."

She looked at me mischievously, "I'd really like to smoke a joint actually. It helps me think." She went into her bra and pulled one out. "Do you mind?"

"Not at all, I could use a little relaxer." We smoked, drank, and talked for hours. The conversation was unfocused and mostly frivolous but it took my mind off my problems. I could imagine staying this way with Leslie for six weeks but that would solve nothing.

Leslie finally decided she needed to go home to her husband. "Will you come back tomorrow?" I asked hopefully.

"Definitely, what time?"

"I figure nights will be for drinking and self pity. Besides, I'm a morning person, the earlier the better. This time we get to some answers or maybe questions, I don't know."

"Okay, I'll be back as soon as I wake up." Leslie walked out the back door swaying her hips unconsciously.

I showered and before I went to bed I needed to ask the question that had been nagging at me. I scrolled through my contacts to the Ds. There she is, Dierdre. I texted the simple question, 'Why did you tell her?' I shut off my phone and went to bed with many thoughts keeping me awake but the alcohol and THC worked their magic and I eventually succumbed to unconsciousness.

My eyes opened at 4 am and I knew they wouldn't close again. Thoughts started streaming through my brain immediately. So I got up, brewed coffee and watched the sunrise. I ran 5 miles through town. I made a conscious effort not to think too much about my situation because I needed Leslie with me. I found that my demeanor was hateful when I was alone but with Leslie I could focus more on facts.

Leslie finally arrived at about 8 am. She asked, "Did you drink that whole pot of coffee already?"

"Well I've been up for four hours. I'll make another, that one's burnt anyway." We sat sipping coffee while I finally filled her in on the cold hard facts. I confessed my adultery and the entire story of the roadside ambush and my oral sex with Deidre. I explained that I was sure Marcy had cheated on me before. I felt terribly guilty but thought it was fair play and Marcy would never find out anyway. But she all but knew now that something had happened.

Leslie spoke in a soothing tone knowing how easily I got upset about everything. "Look Rick, in my marriage a little oral on the side wouldn't be a problem at all. But I know you two put some stock in fidelity. The fact you lasted this long is amazing considering the separations you had to endure. Just remember, you were alone just as much as she was, and she still had family around. I don't think what Marcy is doing compares to the 20 minutes you spent getting off in a war zone under stress."

I had to ask a few more questions of Leslie. "Are you supposed to stay in contact with Marcy while she's cheating on me...I mean away?"

"She did ask me to keep her updated on how things were going. I'm not supposed to tell you that but I'm not going to lie and don't ask me to lie to Marcy. I haven't been in touch yet."

"I understand, but please don't share our conversations unless she asks you a direct question, ok?" She nodded.

"I don't know how our friendship will fare after all of this, but I want to help you two get through this."

"Did you tell Vincent about our passionate night of sex?" I asked with a smirk.

"Rick, it's the same with Vince. I can't just lie to him. I left out what he didn't need to know but I told him I was trying to bring you around. His point of view is that you can't possibly resist a romp in the sack with me. I tend to disagree, I think I could prance around naked and you could make the choice to ignore me. You have strong moral fortitude except for the one difficult situation when you faultered."

We talked for hours again. I told her how totally in love Marcy and I had been as a young couple. And that Marcy swore she could handle my career in the military as long as I came back to her.

She told me that while she loved her husband, things had changed over the years. His kink was no longer for both of them. Vincent pushed her to do whatever he wanted, often things that Leslie DID'NT want to do. She confided that the chance to be with me was the first time in a long time that she could be with somebody SHE wanted to be with.

Leslie returned almost every morning just to chat or rehash the points we had covered previously. On the days she stayed later, we would start drinking and smoking. The talks at night were more fun. No talk of marriage just fun topics. We listened to music, drank, cooked and ate together. She is a terrific woman. I tried to fool myself into thinking she wasn't too young for me but it didn't matter, we were both married.

One morning in the third week Leslie and I had just finished an English breakfast when a knock came at my door. I almost spit out my coffee when I opened the door to see Deidre.

"Hi Rick."

I was dumbfounded. "Deidre, what are you doing here?"

"I'm sorry Rick, I had to have this conversation face to face. You deserve that much." She was crying. "Is Marcy here?"

"No... umm No." I waved Leslie over. "This is Leslie. My neighbor and therapist." I smiled as I looked at Leslie.

"Damn Rick, you know how to pick em."

"Don't get the wrong idea. She's supposed to be my lover, but I haven't yet. It's a long story. Come in, join the party!"

"Rick, I came to apologize in person. I hope I didn't ruin your marriage. I was mentally unstable when I came here and talked to Marcy." She was crying more now. "I hope you know the last thing I would ever want to do is hurt you. I've been seeing my own shrink for some time now and she has helped me a lot. Well her and a little medication. I was diagnosed with PTSD."

I was at a loss for words at first. "Deidre, you were a great friend to me. What happened happened. I can't say it was a bad thing, we were both in need of release and going through a very high stress situation.

I repeated my story to Deidre while she cried in shame. "Don't start thinking this is your fault. I am responsible for my own actions. You were just very hard to resist though."

"Rick, can I just tell you that the reason I cornered you like that is because I was... am in love with you. I have had a few relationships since then but I could never get you off my mind. So not only was I insane but I was love sick."

I convinced Deidre to stay for an early dinner. We told war stories for Leslie and reminisced about old friends. Deidre and Leslie both left after dinner. On her way out Deidre said, "Please take care of him, Leslie. He needs someone to help him through. I can't come back or things could get worse for him."

Several times during the six weeks I had my kids over for a barbecue or dinner. Rhonda lives close by on the Saratoga Springs Naval base and Kyle comes home from Utica many weekends and stays with his best friend. I realized that nothing between us would change if my marriage ended unless they thought I was to blame, which I am. Still, I hoped they could see past my weakness and still love their father. Rhonda introduced me to her new boyfriend, Shawn, and broke the news that she was being stationed in Japan starting next month. When the conversation got into military couples being separated I began to cry. I'm not that kind of a man but it just all hit me at once. Kyle and Rhonda had no idea why I had become so emotional and I didn't tell them. They will know soon enough.

One morning after Leslie got her coffee I asked, "Is Vincent getting upset that nothing has happened yet?"

"Yeah actually he wants me to get pushy and seduce you. I told him I couldn't do that. I even wear underwear now when I come over."

I was really just breaking the ice for the question I really wanted to ask. "So have you been keeping in touch with Marcy?"

She looked like she was caught off guard. "Actually I texted her last night for a while, but I'm not telling you what she said. She made me promise. But I will tell you this much. She seems pretty unhappy that we aren't fucking."

"Thanks Leslie, that's good to know."

We had spoken at length about Leslie's marriage issues over the weeks. She didn't want to leave Vincent so I suggested going to counseling. She agreed. I told her she needed to communicate her problems with Vincent so they could come to a compromise that would keep them both happy. She started having those conversations with Vince and convinced him to try counseling. Leslie began showing signs of being very happy again. I felt great that I could help her a little after all she had done for me.

A week until Marcy returned from South America and I had made some major decisions. In fact I had to make preparations for her arrival.

Leslie could tell my demeanor had changed. I took her in my arms and hugged her tight. "Thank you so much for being a friend in my time of need. I owe you a huge debt of gratitude, maybe more." I kissed her deeply then let her go. She jumped on me throwing her arms around my neck and kissed me passionately.

She beamed up into my eyes saying, "I'm so glad we could spend all this time together. I will cherish it always. And I hope things work out for you. I take it you have made some decisions?"

"Yes, I have..."

--------

The flight from Brasilia landed at 10 am. Marcy found her luggage and kissed Trey goodbye. "I'll see you at the hospital."

The uber dropped Marcy at the front of the Ambassador Hotel. She checked in and went to the room. She hummed gleefully as she showered and dressed with time to spare. She thought to herself about the wonderful trip. Yes it was hard work at times but also rewarding. And to top it off was the nightly fuck and suck sessions.

She stepped on the elevator and the first butterflies crept into her stomach. She wondered why she was nervous. 'Things will be fine, and I actually did miss Rick.'

Three times she spoke to Leslie, and Rick hadn't even touched her. What was that all about?

She reached the lobby and looked around. 'He's not here yet, I guess I can check my emails. Reconnecting tonight should help his attitude. I'll just blow his socks off.'

It was straight up noon and no Rick in sight. Marcy realized there must be traffic.

"Marcy Weston?" She looked up at a large black man.

"Yes, that's me."

"You have been served." The man snapped a photo, turned and marched out the front doors.

"What the fuck?" Her mouth was open. She had in her hands a large envelope with a law firm logo on the front as well as a plain envelope that just had hand written on it, "Marcy." It was identical to the envelope she used for her note to Rick. She opened the note. It said:

Marcy,

You were right. I did cheat on you with Deidre. Here are the divorce papers for you to sign. I'm so sorry it ended this way. I wish you all the best. The truth is I still love you more than you know. Please sign the papers and return them to my lawyer so we can become another sad Army statistic. I am moving out of the house so we can get it sold and go our separate ways. I should be gone by one o'clock. After that you can stay in the house until the divorce is final and the house is sold.

Rick

Marcy sighed. "Oh Rick, you fool, I don't want a divorce." Marcy got her phone out and called her son Kyle who had just ended his second semester at school.

"What's up Mom?"

"Kyle honey, I need you to drop what you're doing and go straight over to the house. Do not let your father leave. He's having some sort of breakdown."

"Fuck Mom, I'll get there as soon as I can."

Marcy called Rhonda. "Baby, are you free right now?"

"Sure Mom, what do you need?"

"Could you please meet Kyle at our house. Don't let Dad leave. I think he's having some mental issues."

"Ok, I can be there in twenty minutes."

"Thanks honey, just keep him there until I get there. I should be there by two."

"I will Mom, bye."

------

I felt sad as I tried to split up our photos of the kids and the family vacations. Never again would our family be complete. Someday we might all be happy but this is the hardest way to get there. Seeing her at family functions will be very hard for me.

I was about 10 minutes from leaving my home behind when the front door opened. "Rhonda? I wasn't expecting you today."

"Dad, where the hell are you going?"

I sighed with exasperation, "Baby, it's a long story. To make it really short, I'm divorcing your mother and moving out."

"Oh my god, why?"

"You can ask your mother, I don't have time right now."

The front door opened again. It was Kyle.
I asked, "Why are you guys here?"

Kyle answered, "Mom sent me to stop you from leaving." Rhonda nodded in agreement.

"Why? So she can get here before I leave?" This wasn't part of my plan. It was over, I just wanted to leave and not look back. My kids looked upset and I didn't want to look like a dick.

"Fuck. Alright, I won't fight you guys but you need to be prepared. Come into my office." I made my kids watch an hour long training video produced by Army intelligence.

I set up the dining room table with wine, coffee, and bottled water so a conversation could happen.

Marcy arrived looking exhausted. She came over for welcoming hugs from her children. "Thank you for getting here so fast. I love you guys." She pecked them on the cheek then turned to me.

I gave her a thin smile almost wanting it to be a frown but finalizing my decision had taken away much of my anger. I was at peace. All that was left was an antemortem.

"You look very well fucked honey." The kids were shocked at my statement as was Marcy. "I'm sorry, that was rude. I will try to be civil until I leave. Would you like a drink or take a shower and get comfortable before we start?"

Marcy smiled slightly. "Both would be nice, I'll be back shortly." She left us to shower. I had a glass of her favorite wine ready when she returned.

"Marcy, are you sure you want to do this with the kids present?" I said knowing what her answer would be.

"Yes, they need to know the truth so they don't think I'm some kind of monster."

I nodded and looked down. "Ok, well in the name of saving time and heartache I already filled them in on what you did and let them read the note you left me."

"Great, now let's add some context. Did you tell them about cheating on me?" She looked very satisfied and took a sip of wine.

"No, I knew you would want to open that little present and I figured you could hear the story at the same time. I owe you that much." I took a sip of scotch before unloading the whole story for my wife and kids to hear for the first time.

Kyle cleared his throat. "So you got ambushed, hadn't had sex in months and had oral sex on the battlefield. That's bad but not crazy bad."

I looked up, "No Kyle, do not dismiss what I did. I destroyed my marriage by cheating. This whole thing is my fault. I love my wife more than life itself and I just blew it."

Marcy spoke up. "Wait, if you still love me, why are we getting a divorce? I'm here trying to keep you."

Before I could answer Rhonda cut in, "Wait!! There's something else. Wasn't your big fight in Hawaii because Mom had cheated on you first?"

I answered, "I was sure she had cheated but I had no proof. I used that knowledge to partly justify my cheating. I took her at her word in her note that she had never cheated."

Rhonda got tense and responded, "I know I was young back then but a memory stuck with me to this day that explained your fight. I remember Mom came out of the bedroom with Uncle Dave. When they saw me, Mom said he was fixing the faucet in the master bathroom. Even then I knew Uncle Dave was not handy. Grampa would have been here in a minute to fix it and he's a fucking plumber!! Through the years I assumed you found out and that caused the fight."

I looked at Marcy, shocked. "FUCK MARCY, did you have sex with my brother?"

She screamed "NOOO!!"

Marcy retorted, "I didn't cheat, we just fooled around a little. I only gave him a blow job while he fingered me. That's
not cheating."

"So in your note that claims you never cheated on me, you meant you never had vaginal intercourse? That's great. That means I never cheated on you except that I do consider that cheating. Marcy why are we doing this? You told me I could just walk away."

12