Just Once - Once is All You Get End

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That scene when the Duke takes her into the bedroom to consummate the marriage always gets me a little excited. I let my imagination run wild and think about what is going on in that bedroom that they couldn't show when that movie was made."

"Sometimes, that is more exciting than the more explicit versions they make today."

"Every so often. But there are times when the newer versions have their place."

I looked down at her and saw the slow smolder in her eyes. I turned my attention back to the movie. When the movie credits rolled, I stretched and yawned.

"I believe I will turn in. It has been a full day, and I am an old man."

She looked up at me and I saw an expression I couldn't read. As I stood, she held on to my hand.

"You aren't old."

"Cici, I am old enough to be your father. I admit I would have been a bit young myself, but still."

"I know."

I extricated myself, said goodnight, and started toward the door to the pool. I heard a soft sob behind me. Steeling my resolve, I continued out to the pool and around to my bedroom door as if I hadn't heard that noise. My emotions were in turmoil as I locked the sliding door and slipped out of my clothes and into my running shorts. In the bed, I looked at the door to the pool and saw the lights on the other side of the house go out.

&&&&&

I was the first one up the next morning. Pulling on my shirt, I put on my running shoes. I turned left coming out of the sliding glass door to the pool and headed out. I needed to think, and I believed I did some of my best thinking as I worked myself to exhaustion running. A track headed away from the house toward the hills, and I set a brisk pace. My mind was soon at work.

I have no idea how far I ran. When I felt like I couldn't go much more and retraced my steps back to the house. I was a sweating, hurting mess when I came back into the pool area. Daniel and the rest of the family were at the table on the far side of the pool. He looked up and saw the state I was in. I saw him frown. I assumed he had a good idea of my state of mind.

I showered and put on fresh clothes. I pulled on a pair of tactical shorts, the deck shoes Daniel had lent me and a fishing shirt I had bought at Walmart. I walked across to the table. Consuela appeared with a giant mug of coffee.

"Senor, I have breakfast burritos with chorizo."

I had coffee as Consuela poured more coffee for Daniel.

"Consuela, Tomaré dos burritos, por favor, señora."

Her face split again into that toothy smile, her round red cheeks glowing.

"Si, Senor!"

Daniel looked at me.

"Are you trying to suck up to the cook?"

"Sir, I have always found it advisable to be nice to two groups of people. The cooks and the first sergeants. The ones who take care of you and the ones who can get you killed."

Daniel chuckled.

"A man of wisdom as well."

Cici had been quiet all this time. She kept herself busy with the boys as I watched her carefully.

"What's on tap for today?"

Daniel sipped his coffee.

"What would you like to do?"

"Well, if I were in Texas on the beach, I would have a run. I've already done that. I would set out a couple of fishing poles with the hopes of catching dinner. The balance of the day would be with Winston Churchill and his History of World War II."

"Well, I can't do anything about surf fishing, but I can guarantee a delightful fish dinner tonight. There is a great little restaurant just in town that does a great baked snapper. You are more than welcome to just hang out at the pool and read to your heart's content. Just be aware that you have to deal with three little helions if you are around the pool."

That mostly summed up that day. I did indeed spend most of the day reading. The relaxing pause was interrupted several times as three screaming little boys pounced onto me as I stretched out on the chaise lounge. Numerous times I caught Cici standing in the doorway of the house watching us. She wasn't smiling or frowning. Her face was almost impassive, but her eyes were intense.

That evening, after a dinner of hamburgers cooked in the big outdoor kitchen at the far end of the pool, we put the kids to bed. I found myself looking forward to that part of the day. What I enjoyed as much as anything was watching Cici and Daniel with the boys. The love and commitment that they exuded was wonderful. We retired to the den. Daniel surprised me by asking what I would like to watch on the TV. Almost anything was available due to the expensive satellite installation. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't care. I am open to anything."

He nodded and, of course, John Wayne soon filled the screen. His choice this time was a classic, We settled in to enjoy Rooster Cogburn. When the movie concluded, Daniel excused himself and went to bed. Cici got up and brought us each a drink. She had chosen scotch and poured doubles into taller glasses. We each had three beers during the first movie. She sat down and took the remote.

"What would you like to watch now, or are you too tired to watch another?"

"I'm good. I had an easy day today. I can watch something else."

"Do you have a preference?"

"You pick."

She looked at me and then began pecking buttons on the remote. I took a long swallow of the scotch and watched. When the credits started, I was a little surprised. I watched as the opening unfurled, proclaiming the movie to be "50 Shades of Grey." I had heard of the movie, but really didn't know much more than it was supposed to put on the edge. She snuggled in beside me as the movie unfolded.

I watched with some interest at first. To be honest, I thought the first part of the movie was a little slow. I nursed my scotch, but before I could finish it, Cici had paused the movie and refilled both of our glasses. She restarted the video, and we were soon into the meat of the plot. My attention was more focused. It occurred to me that this was a strange movie for Cici to pick for an evening's entertainment. Duh! I guess I am that naive.

When I finally looked down at Cici, she was watching raptly. He turned to the screen and watched as Grey put Ana over the bench and began the belt spanking. At some point before the scene concluded, a surprising groan came from beside me. A glance down revealed Cici with her eyes closed. I wondered if the movie had upset her and if so, why. She had chosen it.

The movie ended, and I thought to himself that it was a shitty ending to the movie. He sat for a moment, trying to sort out his thoughts about the movie. He had to admit that certain parts of it were erotic, and he had responded physically, but overall, it left him unnerved, especially his confusion about why Cici had picked that movie.

When I finally looked back down at Cici, I was amazed. She was looking at me, her mouth slightly open and breathing heavily. As I watched, I realized that her hand was under her shirt. She groaned and then shuddered. My mouth hung open as it dawned on me that she had just had an orgasm. I slammed down the rest of my scotch. I have to admit that after the beer and the scotch, I was less than at full operational capability. Yeah. I was pretty drunk.

It was then that Cici turned and leaned up to me and kissed me. Not one of those Platonic kisses that we had shared occasionally. This one was a full on, tongue-filled lip-lock beauty of a kiss. In my current state, with half my brain cells out of commission due to the scotch, and a lack of blood supply for the rest of them because my cock was like a diamond chisel, I returned that kiss.

If you have ever seen a bonfire when someone tosses a cup of gasoline on it, you get the idea of what happened shortly after that. Suffice it to say that if that couch hadn't been initiated before that night, it was a veteran by the time we both collapsed. I did manage to wake up just before daylight. I was naked, laying on my back with one leg resting on the floor. Cici sprawled out on top of me, naked as well. She had the most angelic smile on her face. I shook her gently, and she looked up at me. She looked around and then I saw her eyes. She uttered that most used phrase.

"Oh shit!"

She rolled onto her knees on the floor and then stood. I stood up with her, and we looked down at the leather couch, now stained in several places. She groaned as I was thinking about how this was going to play out. She was gathering clothes, and I did the same, sprinting across the dark pool area. I grabbed my running gear and headed out. About halfway to my usual turn around spot, I suddenly pulled up and looked at the sun rising over the hill behind the house.

I'm doing exactly what I did before. I'm running away and leaving these people I had grown to love to face this alone. Turning around, I headed back. I picked up the pace and by the time I entered the pool area I was nearly sprinting. I didn't stop at my bedroom door but went around to where Daniel was sitting at the table with a cup of coffee. Consuela was setting bowls of oatmeal in front of the boys. As I neared the table, Cici appeared in the doorway. She was wearing a pair of cutoff shorts and a button down shirt, surprising me because it looked like she was braless. As I approached, I prepared myself for a full on assault. I wasn't sure if Daniel would kick my ass or just toss me out. I took a deep breath, ready for the worst.

To my surprise, he looked up and grinned. I heard Consuela ask if I wanted coffee. I muttered "Si" and she disappeared into the kitchen. Cici stood immobile as I wondered what her dad had said to her. He surely had to know what had happened. There had not been enough time to fully clean up the telltale signs.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yes, sir."

He looked at me and that grin widened a bit.

"Are you going to sit down and have breakfast, or are you going to stand there like a grunt with that dumb ass look on your face."

As I sat down, I was now more than a little confused. Daniel looked at Cici, who shrugged. I experienced some distressing feelings about this. Daniel turned back to me.

"You owe me a new couch."

"Yes, Sir."

He shook his head.

"Christ, Rick."

I prepared myself for the coming barrage.

"Why the fuck didn't you just go to the bedroom. I liked that couch."

I sat dumbstruck. My hearing was working, but nothing was registering.

I saw him turn to Cici.

"I have to go to the bank this morning to sign the papers my attorney has been working on. I won't be back until late afternoon."

With that, he got up and left. I sat stunned. Cici was watching me.

"Rick, we need to talk."

I nearly threw up when I heard those words. The last time those words were spoken to me by a woman, my whole life went straight to hell. I thought I just about had my life back on track, and then I heard those words again.

Cici sat down next to me and put her coffee mug on the table. I looked at her and I thought she was going to burst out laughing.

"Rick. Don't worry. It's not what you think."

"What do I think? I'm not sure if I know anymore."

She reached up and stroked my cheek.

"My poor confused Rick."

I looked at her.

"I guess I should pack my gear. Can you have Pepe drive me to the airport?"

She looked shocked.

"Why in the ever-loving hell would you want to do that?"

"I took advantage of you last night. I violated your father's trust in me. I really have no excuse. I'm a total heel after all my big words about having only the most innocent of feelings toward you. I will leave and hope that you don't both hate me."

She finally burst out laughing.

"Rick. If anyone took advantage of someone, it was me over you."

I looked even more confused. If that was possible. So I used my powerful intellect to craft a witty and intellectual reply.

"Huh?"

Another brilliant and eloquent response.

She took my hand.

"You were drinking scotch. I was drinking sliced tea. I picked that movie because it always turns me on. I was hoping it wouldn't offend you and maybe even get you a little excited. You got ambushed."

I sat with what must have been a look of total incredulity.

"But what about your Dad? The couch?"

I heard Daniel's voice from inside.

"You still owe me a new couch and another bottle of scotch."

Daniel came back out. He was dressed in what I judged to be a $1,000 dollar suit and was carrying a fine leather briefcase. I think shock again showed all over my face.

"What? You think I sit around in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt all the time. Somebody has got to keep this place funded. I'll be back late this afternoon. You two get this situation sorted. I expect to have some good news at dinner. Do we need anything for the house? I'll stop on the way home if we do."

I sat gobsmacked. Cici smiled at her dad and informed him that everything was under control and the only thing they might need was some snacks for the boys. He agreed to stop and pick up chips, cookies, and other assorted junk food. She rolled her eyes and informed him that some fresh fruit would be ok. He grinned and left.

Cici looked at me.

"Rick. Now it's time for that talk."

I nodded. I must have looked like a bobble head doll.

"I have been in love with you since the day you rang my doorbell. When you told me you wanted to make sure I had a chance to protect me and the boys, I was hooked. No one, besides my dad, has ever put my protection and care above their own, until that day.

After you met my dad, and he talked to you, I confessed to him my feelings. He was concerned, not about you, but about me. He was almost sure you would react exactly the way you did, and warned me that I was setting myself up to be hurt. I didn't care. I was prepared to wait. I had convinced myself that you would be back and you would understand.

If you want to leave and go back to Texas, I will respect that choice. If you understand, you know that all I want is for you to be happy. When I saw you the first time when you came back, I was distraught. You looked so relaxed and happy that I was sure that you would not want to change anything in your life and would go back to Texas. When you agreed to stay for a few days, hope sprang up again. I knew you were reticent and that you had grave reservations about a relationship with anyone, much less me. Hell. I knew you had gotten burned so badly that I wouldn't have been surprised if you never wanted to be around a woman again.

Then I saw you with the boys. I saw you respond, and I knew, I just knew in my heart, that what you really wanted was to be part of a family again. I had to take every advantage I could. I admit. I worked it as much as I could. But I want you to know I never tried to use my womanly charms on you. I wanted you to come to the realization that it wasn't about me, or sex, or looks. It was about everything else that is so important."

She paused. Her words were slowly working themselves through the density of my cognitive abilities. As sharp as I usually was, the past 24 hours had left me in a state of mental vapor lock. I knew she was waiting for me to speak. I could see it in her eyes as she waited, watching me intently. I couldn't seem to put words together in a fashion that made sense. Then, a tiny voice sitting beside me jolted me back.

"Uncle Rick. You make Mommy smile and Consuela says you are 'un hombre muy bueno' and she likes you. Can you be our Daddy?"

I looked down at Devin, the youngest of the boys. Out of the mouths of babes. All three boys were looking at me expectantly. I glanced back at Cici and saw the tears forming in her eyes. I have always tried to be pragmatic. I spent years being calculating, logically weighing every option, trying to make sure I knew a problem from every angle. My intuition very rarely failed. I gulped, looked up at the sky for a moment and for the first time in years, I abandoned all my calculated, logical and intuitive skills. I looked down at the brown eyes of the young face at my elbow and spoke quietly.

"Devin. Son. I think that is a grand idea, if your Grandpa Daniel and your mom think so."

&&&&&

A year later, a huge white tent was erected just to one side of Daniel's house. Under it, I stood holding Cici's hand as I placed a single simple gold ring with a single diamond. Arrayed before us were a small gathering of our friends and families. My kids and their families were there. Cici's brother and sister were there with their kids. Old military buddies comprised the rest of the crowd, including DIedre. She saw me on my side of the aisle with her partner, Caroline, and their toddler. Braden.

When Cici saw my guest list, she raised an eyebrow at me when she saw Deidre's name. She was well aware of the situation that happened. I had been upfront and clear with her about the situation, and I think Daniel spent some time talking to her about how hormones and emotions got all screwed up under that kind of stress. She didn't say anything, but when I had introduced Deidre, Caroline, and Braden, I could see the veil lift and understanding flood through her. We had spent several afternoons around the pool. Braden had fallen in immediately with the boys, and that pretty much clenched the deal.

I did catch Cici, Deidre, and Caroline huddled together tightly at one point. They were talking quietly and suddenly that had all broken out in raucous laughter. When I stepped out of the kitchen, the laughter subsided suddenly, and I thought I caught a glimpse of a blush from Cici. I wasn't going to go there and to this day, what they were talking about remains a mystery I would rather not solve.

After the ceremony, Cici and I were dancing when I noticed someone standing on the far end of the tent. I slowly waltzed Cici nearer until I could see the solo figure dressed in a conservative plain dark blue dress. It was Marcy. I looked down at Cici and saw her watching me intently. I glanced back at Marcy. I heard Cici speak softly to me as we waltzed.

"I invited her."

"What the hell for?"

Cici took a deep breath.

"I wanted a little revenge."

I tried to stifle a chuckle.

"You want some revenge. Come on."

I took Cici by the hand and walked directly toward Marcy. I walked a bit awkwardly. One has to do that when Devin was wrapped around one leg standing on my shoe, and Robert was wrapped around the other leg riding the other shoe. Meanwhile, Jason, the eldest, was holding on to my left hand and raising his feet off the ground each time I swung my arm forward.

I chuckled inwardly as I saw Marcy's eyes go wide, and I heard Cici gasp. I walked straight up to Marcy with a smile on my face, while three young boys busily used me as a jungle gym.

"Thanks for coming to the wedding, Marcy."

Before either of us could speak, a small, curious voice spoke up from my right side.

"Who is that, Daddy?"

Devin's question could not have been timed better. Marcy's eyes shifted nervously from Devin, to Robert, to Jason. Her eyes roved up to Cici. Every bit of revenge that I thought I had failed to score on Marcy was suddenly fully resolved. The shocked expression satisfied the revenge I hadn't extracted to that point.

"This is Miss Marcy. She and I knew each other."

She looked down and mumbled something. It was Cici's turn.

"Marcy, I knew your kids would be here, so I thought it only fair that you should have a chance to spend a little time with them."

Marcy looked up, surprised.

"Oh. Thank you. I did have a nice visit with them. Are these yours?"

"Yes, they are, but unfortunately, their birth father is that useless piece of shit with whom you decided to trash your marriage."

Marcy looked warily at Cici and then at me.

I shrugged with a look of ignorance on my face. The revenge meter dropped another notch on the scale, knowing that Marcy saw me in my new life with my new family.