All Comments on 'Just Once, Well I Do Mind'

by greenday0418

Sort by:
  • 121 Comments (Page 2)
NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

There are a lot if aspects i like about this version. The amount of time from the female lead perspective although i do question how she could be so committed to deciding to fuck the guy for 6 weeks then suddenly decide to be so remorseful. I liked that she was pragmatic about the husband’s response and wasn’t groveling to get him back. I liked most of his responses in her letter and that she didn’t disagree. The saying is If you love something set it free, if it was yours it will return if it does not it was never yours to begin with. I really liked that the son was there for him mom regardless. That is how families work.

I note that based on both character’s’ responses to the situation that their marriage had run its course and was done before she left. Neither showed much interest in fighting for reconciliation

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not a bad ending plucked from the horror of the cliffhanger at the end of the original story. Gave it a 4.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A truly sad story of selfishness and stupidity. You wrote well, clearly and creatively. Your story was easy to follow even with multiple characters. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Depressing! KMN

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

Negatives: house giveaway. Failure for retribution on the doctor trey. Son validating and accepting mother actions. In effect, he said eff u to his dad. Lived as hermit and so he is in suffering, while she continues job, hospital life and likely shutting with doctors. Some very serious issues here.

Positives: solid reaction, no wimpiness , stuck with decision and plan. Financials in place. You can tell GA did not write this.

ErotFanErotFanover 1 year ago

Your story needs a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sad. Marcy was a represwed self centered narcissist who came back after 25 years to burn her marriage. I highly doubt Rick's parents would side with the wife. Doesn't work like that. Blood is thicker than water. I saw it with my own eyes when my father was caught in a long standing affair twice (first time had promised it was over( with the same woman, having cheated on my mother for like 18 months. My father's side of the family (quite large) though on good terms originally with my mother, myself and my younger brother, folded up ranks and abandoned my mother. Not sure what bullshit my dad used and it turned into a nasty divorce. The blowback against myself (eldest grandson) and my brother was not good and relationships were forever altered with exception of two of my youngest aunts, even then was somewhat strained. So yeah that part not believable. But the perspective from Marcy was enlightening. Not sure why she has a six month affair. And why she then made thr ultimatum for this trip after already hiding it for 6 months. Not sure why she had her epiphany finally after several nights of mediocre sex in Colombia. But was a unique take. The core story is so flawed there isn't much to do with it.

Tarloso2Tarloso2over 1 year ago

Enjoyed this extension to the original story...just feel the ending needs more or a sequel needs to be added

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stating I loved this story with 5 stars is a bit overstating things. 4 stars & just liking it would be very much understating it. A well told overall sad story (moreso than the original, I think), with a bitchy, not understanding Marcy wanting the pass to have sex with Dr Dipshit. Then there's Rick, who's the worse for it, ending off the grid in woodlands of Montana. Doesn't seem fair at all, but often life isn't.

.... I liked the tornado Rick did to them at the hospital, though I thought his response to her letter's a bit on the tame side, all things considered. However, I don't see Marcy, after writing that letter, having the 2nd thoughts as soon as she did... if ever. Seems contradictory. Well written, at times moving, story. Perhaps write a short 2nd part as to what happened to both - esp. Rick, down the road. It'd be interesting to find out what you'd happen. 5 stars (again). Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Rhonda woukd never aide with Marcy. Also this story skips the Red Roof Inn clandestine affair whioe.he was in Korea, as she protests she was faithful until this trip, when in fact she had been bumping ugliest with Dr Cardosa for six months or so prior. Marcy is delusional.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sorry, I didn't like how it ended. Only 1 star. I would have gone lower, but I don't know how to do that. Other then that part, not bad. Ending are very important to me, and she should have gotten more. Her son should have had nothing to do with her.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal196910 months ago

This should have been in the non-erotic category

tralan69ertralan69er9 months ago

@sbrooks103x what do you hope to gain by your nitpicks and ridiculous questions

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Agree that Rhonda being military herself would basically sever her relationship to her mother.

Marci is a nasty piece of self centered work. Uggh.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Unsatisfying ending… but it makes sense.

gadget245gadget2455 months ago

Just needed epilogue.

Kernow2023Kernow20233 months ago

just needs to be completed

LoriRobinsonGaLoriRobinsonGa3 months ago

Very well done but I think there could have been a lot more to really flesh out the story. My only question that I am thinking of is do you or harddaysnight have the sexier profile picture.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief2 months ago

I kind of cringed at the last part where Rick is now living like a hermit off the grid with two dogs. Not my kind of ending with how things turned out. Thirty days off without pay, should have been required to pay back some of what the cost of the trip was since they didn't do the work as required. Sorry this one just kind of limped along to a painful ending.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Not bad, but the ending was weak.

Four stars.

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Why did the wife suddenly hate the dude she cheated with so much and why was she so shocked there was consequences. She basically dared him to divorce her in her letter. It doesn’t really make sense.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergreenday0418@greenday0418
New story submitted for ON THE JOB 2023 in Romance. This one took me two years to finish. New meds seem to help. Still no cure, but there is hope for Alzheimer's treatment to slow down the disease.