All Comments on 'Just Once, Well I Do Mind'

by greenday0418

Sort by:
  • 121 Comments
vickitvohiovickitvohioabout 3 years ago

4* short. favored Marcy too much. She really didn't seem that remorseful for a 6 month affair.

Jetcrash747Jetcrash747about 3 years ago

Interesting, a completely different take on a wayward wife story. Rick just vanished from Marcy Westons life. Shit happens when you don’t talk to your husband or wife, so sad. At least she is still employed.

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 3 years ago

Good take, but I didn't care for the ending. I would like for him to have found someone to be with. She can be single and have a life of regrets.

WetheNorthWetheNorthabout 3 years ago
Someone has an alcohol problem

I suspect it its the author It shows up in his portrayal of Marcy and of her turning to the bottle every time the going gets tough

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaabout 3 years ago

Now THIS is the REAL ending of this story. I loved the fact that he got his say-so in that letter. Everyone got what they deserved, especially Dr. Trey. The last two paragraphs, for me, says that, just maybe, there might be one LAST chapter pending.... The whole story was interesting. Kali opened the door for others to end the story, while most didn't work, this one has its merits. 5 star winner

PowersworderPowersworderabout 3 years ago

It was okay, but you left everything open-ended. Does Rick live as a recluse for the rest of his life? If so, the story sucked ass.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Good stuff, well done. Thanks for posting.

francemanfrancemanabout 3 years ago

Hello,

I much prefer the stories where the spouses opt for the proper divorces, and where each one takes back his marbles then continues his life.

This in no way precludes a reconciliation or BTB later.

Finally it depends on the degree of betrayal and the lack of respect and humiliation suffered.

I really liked the fact that Marci took responsibility for her actions. This should always be the case all the time for everyone.

You can be influenced, but ultimately everyone is and should be responsible for their own actions.

Thanks for sharing your story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Add a part 2, really like it unlike the others

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraabout 3 years ago

Try this, Rick. Fly to Kyiv, find a woman from the countryside, where women are still women and are all beautiful, and bring her home. Not understanding each other's language is probably a good way to start!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Well done. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Well

The story was good; the epilogue sucked. Why is it that with most LW BTB stories the divorced man is either married to Miss January or is a sexless hermit?

Here is a crazy concept. The man moves on and lives a decent life with a decent woman. Weird as it seems, this is how it usually works.

Gave it three stars. Would have been five until the epilogue.

pepepilotpepepilotabout 3 years ago

I think part of the story went to LaLa land. There is a big gap between pages 1 and 2.

mattenwmattenwabout 3 years ago

A beautifully told entertaining story! What I don't understand, why in the end are two people left who long for each other and yet don't want to be together?

premshankerpremshankerabout 3 years ago

Haphazard, disconnected, disoriented, inconsistent narration.

Main theme is fuzzy, foggy lost into maize of confusion

A rudderless rejoinder

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeabout 3 years ago

IMHO, this is the best of the nine 'Just Once...' response stories.

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984about 3 years ago

A good read but felt unfinished. Kind make you feel with the way it's written that they should get back together.

ThorlolThorlolabout 3 years ago

Its kinda sad that Marcy got all the support and understanding from everyone and Rick had to exile himself. It feels like everyone still believes that he was at fault for everything. Neither his kids or parents trying to reach out to him. Fucking sad.

Huedogg2Huedogg2about 3 years ago

nope, he wouldn't. Later on that year, his ex-wife was stricken with cancer. His ex-son tried to find him. ANd in the end they all sat by and watch the slut they called a mom and daughter die a slow painful death. The next year the son found his wife fucking his boss. She was calling him a puss in boots. It was then his karma came full circle.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Story was OK - I gave it a 3* - I thought it was incomplete. To me it was mostly about Marcy - other than the very ending - what happened to Rick???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Surprised that she shared so much with Kyle. Ya, he is 19. But your son getting the details is a bit much. Just say I had an affair and leave it at that. Her son was very forgiving.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoabout 3 years ago

nice story. it feels like it is unfinished and needs closure. maybe a second and final chapter?

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago
Disappointing

She did not commit suicide after being disowned by everyone but the mommy's boy.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 3 years ago

Not my style of writing. Really didn't like the part added about fraud. It doesn't make sense that they could get away with that scam. Also adding the Chairman's and the underaged girls was lame. The writing was fine and it is a end to the story, but I thought it was weak.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

"Somewhere during our marriage, I failed her, and I will pay the price for my failure."

Same old, same old dishonest blame shifting. The part of the epilogue raising the possibility that he would return to the slut was a incredibly gratuitous cuckout. IRL the slut deserved far worse than she got, and the idea of a RAAC under the circumstances is nauseating. Further, jettisoning his own career, etc., is implausible and weak.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyabout 3 years ago

A well told, believable ending. 5* from me.

phill1cphill1cabout 3 years ago

This running away thing, where a 'man' leaves civilization when a woman sh!ts on him, does it RUN in your families?! Get it??

Seriously, civilization is cool. And if a 'man' has to run away because something didn't go his way...get some balls.

mainer42mainer42about 3 years ago

very well done. I love stories with heartfelt emotion rather than BTB ferocity. A sad tale that ended as it should have. Two people admitting to their individual failures and dealing with the consequences. no nitpicking here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

An amazing story. I just can’t give it 5 stars cause I get leaving the wife behind in the dust, the way he does it also leaves his kids and that’s a no go for me.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 3 years ago

Why weren't they unafraid of the med techs blowing the whistle?

/

"You don't want me to see you kiss him goodbye." - That was my thought when I read that line about not coming to the airport in the original.

/

Hate the ending. Rick never sees or contacts his kids again, never even has a fuck buddy?

/

Also, too much narrative: This happened, and then that happened.

JonDoe315JonDoe315about 3 years ago

Same ole ending.... Why can't the cheated on spouse get to live happily ever after...

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 3 years ago

I think this is excellent and the remark about the dogs always agreeing with him is delightful. I think there is a small timing error when she gets the call from the hospital and she had just spoken with him the night before? Did I misread that? It would have been at least a few days. No matter. This is the response I see him making to her betrayal. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Needs another chapter. Marcy blames him for being in the military. Who keeps her ass free? She should grow up and they both need councilling and get back together, if possible.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Well written.

I think that these stories of the guy who immediately makes and executes a plan to immediately cut ties and abandon the cheater is a sort of “masculine porn:” take no prisoners, have no regrets, etc. like regular porn, it makes you feel good for a brief tone but is an unrealistic fantasy that has little to do with the real world. I wish at times that I were more decisive, found it easier recognize when something is a lost cause, and we’re better at cutting my losses, but I think the stories that acknowledge the pain and at least some degree of indecision are a lot more realistic.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Loved it for most part!

Rick did what he needed to do. In these type of stories, I tend to like those where the husband just gets out.

Was a bit surprised he had ALL relatives sympathetic to the Bitch. Even HIS parents and kids? And the contrived bit that the trip itself was a scam? All that plot device did was give the Bitch an e cause to spread the blame around.

One final quibble: having tne Bitch so quickly admit full culpability was out of character of a woman who had premeditativly pulled such a contemptible stunt.

But did like having Rick answer her despicable letter point by point.

All in all, a satisfying version to end this challenge.

4****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

How could his family, parents, her parents just accept what she had done like that? No wonder she was a selfish bitch! Not a good or realistic conclusion at all. Sorry!

WargamerWargamerabout 3 years ago

Nice story. Would’ve preferred if she got sacked.

BTW the son Kyle, you portrayed him as a wimp, he should’ve stood up to the two faced cheating bitch and called her out instead of being a mommies boy, it cost you two points

3/5

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 3 years ago

Overall, pretty well written. As I've commented on several other attempts at this series, as a veteran I just can't see our "hero" letting her win. Your story arc starts out good but then diverged with reality part way through his response. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Not sure if there is a good tie-in with the originial story. The letter with Rick's comments didn't seem to be the responding to the letter in the originial story. And who uses a flip board during an office presentation.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 3 years ago

I liked it.

The author portrayed Marcy consistently with the Marcy who wrote the letter in the original story.

Well no BTB but again I liked it. Rick took the moral high ground and just left. I think that is what I'd do if my wife does a Marcy.

I felt the pain that the children did not side with Rick, but I think Rick was wrong going NC with the children.

The only thing wrong in Marcy's ending is why there's no talk of sex anymore. With the kind of cold-hearted bitchiness and narcissism that is Marcy there should have been a paragraph recounting every other day Marcy goes out and gets gangbanged by big penises now that she is free to do whatever she wants, instead of doing a Mother Teresa act.

Thanks greenday0418. This one of my fave versions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

According to the original story, she left him with power of attorney. Why would he have decided to just partially destroy her life? Seems more likely he'd do what was done in another take of this story; sell the house out from under her and left her destitute. And livong off the grid does not mean living alone.

FireFox59FireFox59about 3 years ago

Well done!! Enjoyed this ending. Actions have consequences as your story well points out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great until...

...the end.

'Were they looking at the same stars?', is not a good ending to a story that was flowing so well in the sequences of the tale unfolding as it was.

3***

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Interesting take

Interesting take on this story thanks

COYSCOYSabout 3 years ago

Don’t Understand

I don’t get it? Why does he run away and become a recluse? Why wouldn’t he try to start over and enjoy his life? He has nothing to be ashamed of, and he’s a young healthy man. There are loads of good women out there. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

While I completely understand the impetus for BTB stories I have to wonder how people interact with them on a site for erotica. Do people who enjoy these stories (jilted men from what I can ascertain) and, like, jerk off to them or something? Seems to me it would be more fun to find other categories of stories that actually turn you on and spend your time and energy there. Am I wrong? Are these stories sexually titillating to some people?

KRD19254KRD19254about 3 years ago

The only issue with living off the grid is his military retirement pay. I suspect/hope he made some provision with his lawyer to receive his retirement and deposit it in an account only his lawyer knew about. So Rick could go to town to get supplies with no one being the wiser. Except for the drivers license, truck registration, and April15th IRS filing under his SSN - could trip him up. But maybe the lawyer could do his filing for him with a power of attorney. So Rick might still be traceable. And I think she could still go after 50% of his Military retirement.

/

But why waste his money/resources for a divorce. He had no intention of ever marrying again. Let her divorce him on abandonment, she had all he ever planned to leave for her/kids. The kids and parents all sided with her - against him - he had nothing to ever come back too. And intern they had no inheritance to ever get from him. F'em all!

/

I thought he might go overseas as a mercenary/CIA/NSA, to do leader/planner/coordinator. Off the grid and untraceable income with no US taxes going into foreign banks and some interesting R&R with no strings. Maybe he never gets his flag rank but his Col. could still make him some serious money AND collect retirement.

/

I truly envy him! I hope he enjoys his solitude, his recluse-ness and stays healthy. I hope his cabin is on a lake to give him true tranquility as he earned and disserves it. I hope his JAG buddy/lawyer visits him annually.

/

6*, Hooyah, Salutes...

bruce22bruce22about 3 years ago

Nicely done both in concept and detailing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Far too much blinkered military for me. All that nonsensical 'army time' stuff-did anyone say 'playing at soldiers'? It was very revealing that all their relatives took her side from the start. When he was around he must have been a total pain to live with.

Klaximos' original story was very thought-provoking. How should intelligent well-educated spouses react when their partners are off fighting two wars which put their lives and marriages at risk but which just a minimal amount of easily obtained historical knowledge shows to be poorly conceived, strategically dumb, tactically stupid and executionally incompetent?

Military spouses sign up to support their partners but they do not commit to supporting everything their partners are ordered do no matter how dumb. It would be an insult to their intelligence. Even the Ancient Greeks knew that integrity is far more important than loyalty.

Cheating is inexcusable even in really high stress jobs like fighting in war-zones or nursing during a pandemic. But the urge to take a break from being married to this cloth-eared MC must have been irresistible.

baulloyder68baulloyder68about 3 years ago

Well this isn't the worst ending to the original story but it is a close second. ONE &one/half**

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

When you give an ultimatum, don't be surprised when they tell you to go fuck yourself.

Decent conclusion. Showed Marcie as the selfish entitled cunt that she was. Still, she got all the sympathy from family in spite of her selfish torching of the remains of her marriage. In her mind I think she believed her marriage had run its course and she felt she could get one last selfish hurrah in before it was pulled off life support. Thirty days of unpaid leave was a pretty mild consequence as the hospital could of burned her for good career wise.

Hopefully, after a few years of solitude Rick will heal from the emotional trauma of Marcie's in your face betrayal and move on with his wife.

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Ricks character in this is incongruous with the original character. He's like a teenager not a commanding officer. So far the worst ending i've read.

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 3 years ago

5***** Best follow-up story so far. The hermit cabin life, with dogs, makes a lot of sense for a warrior who has seen too much and also had his marriage blow up. Dogs are non-judgemental and will never betray you. They just want to love you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Loved it. Well done!

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Pretty good take on the story, I enjoyed it. Kal wrote a story, like February Sucks, that seems will never die. Lit should just open a site dedicated to this story, and one for Feb Sucks.

Super_Slut_69Super_Slut_69about 3 years ago

The most reasonable version of this story I have found. My experience is that many career guys don't hear what is being said. I have a friend whose marriage fell apart after 28 years. He had not heard her and she had not made it clear. Orders are generally pretty cut and dried (except when it is important). Go here by this date, start this job, do this thing, etc. Marriage communication is not like that. His wife "was" trying to support him, trying to talk to him. He was very good at what he did, and she could see how much he loved what he did, and he had more medals and commendations than I have ever seen before. He was wounded in the Desert Storm, and in the second gulf war, was given a bronze star, has two purple hearts, on and on. He was injured by an IED, lost his left foot. That is when he found out she was cheating. Someone went to tell her he was injured and was met at the door by her girlfriend. No one suspected since she was a woman, I guess in these days one should. It tor him apart, he desperately needed her. Three kids who now thought that they had two mommies. He went to pieces. I don't think he ever recovered or ever will. He just could not hear her.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 3 years ago

AWFUL. The thing is everyone of these endings are fucking awful. Like... how is THIS version if MARCY?

.

It certainly has nothing to do with kalimaxos version. She wakes up one morning in Bogota and now SUDDENLY for no reason she is filled with regret??? Silly

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 3 years ago

TSG said it all. Thank you

iameaseliameaselabout 3 years ago

I enjoyed this, more so than most of the others. Generally Marcy is either a total bitch or just fucking stupid...granted for any of these to work she HAS to be stupid to some degree, but you didnt over do it.

I do wish you had skipped the cliched part about "They all blamed me for this altercation." As most every writer walks that same worn out path as well. Other than that, I thought it was a good finish to what really wasnt a great original story to begin with any way.

ibbunkibbunkabout 3 years ago

Strong story. Good attempt to approach from a slightly different angle. I felt the answer to the letter was somehow a little weak.

Overall good job, thanks for your hard work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Retired full bird, should just do what everyone else does. Become a lobbyist and enjoy the benefits and corruption that comes with. Wife would be super jealous know he banging 28 blonde blue eye super model etc..

Impo_64Impo_64about 3 years ago

This ending saved a bad story...4*

tralan69ertralan69erabout 3 years ago

@sbrooks,

even with all of your nit picks it is a better story than you will ever write.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

So who is the winner here? His marriage had been dead for years, but what about his mind and his heart? Why should HE go into seclusion, for what purpose? His wife abandoned him, his family abandoned him, why not just pretend they all died in a terrible catastrophe? If they had would he still go away and hide? From what? I don't get it. Is he really afraid she's going to come after him legally and financially? OK, then kill her. Seriously, why not? Its going to hurt his children? His and Her parents? All those people are already effectively dead, so what's her corpse going to cost him? I just don't get her effectively sentencing him to solitary confinement. His ex wife is attractive, has no ethics or morals, has a functioning vagina, and works in the medical profession. She'll be getting all the family support and strange cock and fuck fest trips and romance and free STD treatments she wants. Yeah, HER CONSCIENCE is killing her! She doesn't even know what the concept means.

I mean if that's what he's always wanted anyway then fine. He's the winner. But it doesn't sound like he is living the dream. With her short memory and zero soul she'll be dancing and fucking until her worn out cunt finally dries up. Don't wait up for her.

Maybe, in the long run, she's better off without him. I suspect eventually she won't even remember what he looked like.

Thanks for the effort.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 3 years ago

SORRY, but it doesn’t come together. What is he running for? Living off the grid? Why in the world would he, that needed to be explained if there is an explanation. Also, sending money to Bolivia? For what? Too many holes in this to be anything but a waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

That was very sad.

tazz317tazz317about 3 years ago
TURNING STATES EVIDENCE ON HERSELF BY SELF INCRIMINATION

now she will have to wait for the final outcome. TK U MLJ LV NV.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Wow, he was really nice about his response. She got off easy. Somehow I think Doctor little dick is going to disappear and she will get a cryptic message about it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

What part of this story was erotic? What a downer of a story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Enjoyed it, thanks

MisterMordinMisterMordinabout 3 years ago

Good story. He didn't want her burnt to ash, he just wanted all involved to accept responsibility for their actions.

I read COYS comment, and after going thru my own divorce (she was having an affair), it's about finding a way past the hurt.

And lack of confidence, if the mother of his own son did this to him why wouldn't the next woman in his life cause pain.

So, the cabin in the woods, go with contentment, great scenery,no one to harass you and the dogs for company. Happiness is pretty much a myth anyway .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The epilogues are the hardest part to write.

The betrayed spouse sometimes 'never loves again'. And that's silly to me. Betrayal cuts very deeply, but punishing yourself isn't the answer. The betrayed spouse both believes in true love completely, and never again. That's the ONLY way you can get the conclusion of, 'never again will i love'.

I DO understand never fully trusting again. At least unconditional trust. That's the lesson, if any.

Then there is the betrayer spouse. Do they easily hook up again, or never date again? Both are commonly used in these stories. The former implies they are heartless, and the drama was a moot point. The latter implies the affair fog was somehow THAT powerful. It's powerful, but not THAT powerful. I can see them dating again in the future, if for no other reason than to fight the loneliness.

greenday0418greenday0418about 3 years agoAuthor

I was worried but finally Harry in Va said he hated it and now I feel better. Anyway, look at Rick, a career Army officer, retired for Marcy. Found a job he probably hated, for Marcy. So she pulls this stunt with her letter, and he doesn't get angry. His thought pattern is black or white, yes or no, 0 or 1 for computer geeks, acceptable or unacceptable. He is a Colonel who commanded men in wars and he doesn't get angry, upset, or hurt. This is the situation what should my reaction be? First he gets rid of Marcy's offering of Leslie. Then he gets a PI through his lawyer to head to Bogota. He makes an ally of the hotel manager, with what else, money. He contacts all family members, parents and children and they all take her side. Well, you are either for me or against me, so I don't need them. He gets pictures and info and ends the charade of DWB in Bogota Columbia. Now Bogota is not a third world cesspool with no medical or hospital access. Up in the hills with the cartel's peasants, possibly, but they would all be dead. So why were they there/ Some scheme dreamed up by the Chairman of the Hospital board, corruption. So what can Rick do to shit in their corn flakes? If the administrator and hospital get angry and recall the team, his job is done because of the questions that had to be asked. If not, go to the press. He is done and can't draw his retirement yet, family turned his back on him, can't re-enter the army, and really doesn't want female companionship. He needs to heel. So off to the mountains with 2 dogs, dogs are great therapy. Hard labor is good therapy. Let his wife tell the rest of the tale and why she acted the way she did. Thank you Harry for hating it, considering you have never written anything, I laugh at your posts.

GrimmerGrimmerabout 3 years ago

Good sequel. Only real “complaint” was the way it ended. It does call out for a part 2.

Solid 4.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110about 3 years ago

This story kind read like a shopping list, or a how to video. The best ending to this story is still out there. Marcy's reaction to her whole plan falling apart is kind of out of character. In the beginning is was all about her now she taking every opportunity to fall on her sword. Doesn't fit. Still, it read well and held my interest.

chytownchytownabout 3 years ago

*** Thanks for the read.

juanviejojuanviejoabout 3 years ago

I like it not much...tres estrellas.

nixroxnixroxabout 3 years ago

5 for this much better ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Pretty good . From many people I know that travel for business all say the same thing. I a constant fuck fest with married and single a like . People feel it’s easy and almost impossible to get caught if they remain the same when they are back home . A lot of the guys told me the married ones are the most wild and easy to get in bed while willing to do anything and everything. Also the bigger the company the crazier. Wherever there is big paid douch men they will use there title and big money to fuck . I’m told many big financial firms keep Apts in big cities to fuck the coworkers. A guy called company parties a few times a year glorified orgies . Another said there was a hold out beautiful married woman with four kids , a great marriage that listens to all the woman’s stories and for more than 15 years rejecting all the guys finely caved in a drunk business trip . The arrogant boss after a successful two day deal that got a huge contract and big department bonuses. She let her guard down and was fucked all night like a street hooker getting paid . He told all that would listen how he popped two viagras and fucked her all night and once in the morning. He used her ass a few times and while she slept he took a couple of pics . She was so heartbroken in the am, embarrassed for her actions. Back at work she confided in one woman she trusted and she told her how the guy told all his guys and a couple of the bigger pigs that didn’t care who knew that they they fucked all the time . Apparently she cried and asked for a private meeting with him and his boss . She admitted to her drunken failure, smacked the guy across the face and said if he had any pics she wanted to see first than delete in front of her . Also he should start to retract his story or there may be a suit of a woman taken advantage of a overly drunk woman who worked under a boss who’s rep is fucking sll the woman in the company. Also at any time at company functions if she feels her husband is being disrespected behind his back she

will tell him who her boss is that drugged her and fucked her one night on trip . He’s big and rough and even if he divorced me he would not stop until he beat him in to o a hospital. The lawsuit would help me survive as a divorced woman but hopefully it wouldn’t get to that . Supposed to be a true story

Prince020402Prince020402about 3 years ago

Seriously, who's the loser here? She keeps her iob, gets to rebuild her relationship with her parents and kids - She's apparently good looking and desirable and would probably in are time find a wealthy doctor to settle down with after learning some lessons about fidelity and the only thing she's out is a marriage that she was willing to abandon anyway ( according to her Ietter.

He, on the other hand, ran away with his tail between his legs, refusing to explain to his family (other than his son) what really happened and as result cut all ties with the ones that he's supposed to love to go live a life of seclusion and lonliness,

Prince020402Prince020402about 3 years ago

Continued:

Someone else would be there to see his kids graduate, someone else would walk hs daughter down the isle, someone else would be there for his parents as they grow old. Someone else guides his kids through adulthood and is there for relationship, career and family advice. What kind of man does this? More importantly, what kind of man allows one woman's actions to rob him of all that and drive him into seclusion? What kind of example does he make for his kids - someone does a mean thing to you you cash out and go hide.

Good story and well written so good marks, I just think the main character is a coward.

Prince020402Prince020402about 3 years ago

Continued:

Someone else would be there to see his kids graduate, someone else would walk hs daughter down the isle, someone else would be there for his parents as they grow old. Someone else guides his kids through adulthood and is there for relationship, career and family advice. What kind of man does this? More importantly, what kind of man allows one woman's actions to rob him of all that and drive him into seclusion? What kind of example does he make for his kids - someone does a mean thing to you you cash out and go hide.

Good story and well written so good marks, I just think the main character is a coward.

jrphdojrphdoabout 3 years ago

Good story, I did enjoy it. Was going to comment on the protagonist but I can't say it any better than Prince020402 did!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 3 years ago

Very well written. Good dialogue(rarer than one might think). The male protagonist was gutless and ran away, the female protagonist found her strength, her self-imposed Hester Prynne persona and moved on. Damn, I hate that ending. 5*

jsch1947jsch1947about 3 years ago

I liked this very much. I would have brought suit against Trey and the hospital. Purely for it's annoyance factor. The hospital administrator, and council, I would meet with, along with my attorney. I would greet him with "I am asking for 5 million, but that isn't what I Want."

"I want three things. Item 1. I want their personal files updated. I want HR to investigate my wife and Dr Trey for the last 5 years. How many morality violations are on record"? " How many other partners have each been involved with?" "How many coworkers are aware?" "How many supervisor -Admnistors are aware?" Has HR been made aware up till now?" (That's updating their personal files)

Item 2. I want both of them fired for cause. References to include their completely updated personal files. My wife is a slut. Dr Trey is just as bad. I want that fact to be obvious to anyone reading their files. This has been going on, with multiple partners for at least 5 years. Coworkers and supervisors are aware."

Item 3. I want her license revoked In this state. She will have to move a significant distance, to another state, to apply for another in less than a year. If she does succeed in getting hired, it will be at a fraction of her worth. I hope she enjoys home health care.

I like the way you dealt with hospital administration. Suing them won't win any money, but it would bring hostile action to the offending employee. Admin will be very eager to make an example of them.

Since his goal is to ghost her and go off grid, That's the most punitive action he could take.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The guy was a selfish coward. All about him and getting his feeling hurt. Yep, rain hell's fire his ex-wife and the jerk doctor. Get as much revenge as he can and bring the pain.

Then he drops off the grid? He dumps his kids, parents, family, job because he doesn't want her to find him?

He just as bad as her. All about me, self-centered and selfish.

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 3 years ago

Great start, not so hot finish. The part - call it page 2 - really didn't differ materially from the original or the many sequels other than winding up off the grid in Montana. I thought it was going to be 5* worthy. It didn't get it. Kudos to the author - it was a good attempt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love this story up until the end because regardless of what the wife did he walked away from his kids too. And his son clearly understands his POV by the end of the story. That kinda thing always bothers the hell out of me after seeing people ditch their kids due to divorces (in real life).

NonSequitourNonSequitourover 2 years ago

What did the missing paragraph(s) after the end of page 1 say????

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 2 years ago

Didn't make sense that he walked away from his kids. Also he never did anything to the doctor.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

The alternative ending fit the characters much better...... Except for the doctor being retained by the hospital.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

On second reading still outstanding. I find this to be the best of the add on endings. It is hard core realism that takes all of the simply horrendous conditions in the original story and resolves them in a down to earth manner. I find the final ending to be utterly realistic while being utterly depressing. His decision to cut all ties and become a mountain hermit is also a valid response to such a fundamental betrayal by his entire family. Frankly he has been living to himself most of his military career. He left that to reunite with his wife and family so this decision to return to himself is a very valid outcome.

Thus I find this tale to stand out from the rest. It also stands as a rather depressing reality check. Choices even those made by others can have devastating and permanent consequences.

numbnutz49numbnutz49over 2 years ago

I'll join the group that agrees this is one of the best alternate endings to the "Just Once" saga. As I reached the end and started scanning the comments, I noticed a lot of comments that it needed a stronger ending and was starting to agree when I realized if I continued from there it would be another two or three pages that would then need another sequel. Then I thought of a great comedian - at the end of the show, just drop the mike!

fredbrownfredbrownover 2 years ago

Whoa, hold that thought! I like this srory ending but I have a few bones to pick. I never made Col and I was never wounded in action BUT I have lived through several northern Montana winters (Opheim, some 14 miles south of Canada). There is nothing my wife could do that would make me go up there to hide out!

I'd be happy to hide out in the RP, Thailand, or some other women-filled warm places but YOU can have the "FrozenNorth" no matter how many Doctors my wife shacked up with.

She can fuck others but I sure ain't gonna fuck myself .......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A tremendous ending to the "Just Once" storyline. Well written. My only small thought was at the end, he wouldn't have answered each & every statement, just the major ones. And in that, I expected Rick to be a lot more forceful in the "playing soldier" line. Nobody in the military plays solder, especially those under fire. Her line I long felt was just total bullshit as to be almost blasphemy. Can't disrespect a soldier, male or female, worse than telling them they're "playing". Sermon over.

Well written, I was surprised with what happened - or didn't happen - to Rick (remember, he said he might not make it out; but the story didn't go into the whys). Either way, despite those remarks, a great effort. 5 stars. --Bob

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I just wrote a comment, but want to add a couple things that I missed, whether I noticed it while reading, realizing it from comments, or more often, a combination. 1) Finishing pg 1 & starting pg 2, there seems to be something missing. I'm not sure it's a huge deal, but would be nice to know what the author wanted to say. 2) Outside of Rick informing about the team to the hospital admin., nothing was done in retaliation to Trey. At least a suit for alienation of affection. I moreover expected some physical retaliation along the way, unless it happened after the slime was fired. The story doesn't mention anything.

3) While I'm glad Marcy's son was there for her, he seemed to have given her a pass for everything she did. No, life doesn't go that way. 4) Rick abandons his children? Well, his son (daughter's out with the Navy). No man abandons his children.

Generally, I'd now deduct (after realizing the above) from 5 to 4 stars, but on the overall strength & energy of this story, I'm leaving it 5 stars. (Would be 5- if I could, perhaps 4+, but there's only whole numbers.) --Bob

premshankerpremshankerabout 2 years ago

Ithink one of the"best" ending

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergreenday0418@greenday0418
New story submitted for ON THE JOB 2023 in Romance. This one took me two years to finish. New meds seem to help. Still no cure, but there is hope for Alzheimer's treatment to slow down the disease.