All Comments on 'Just Supposed to be a Summer Job'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 150 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good

Only drawback for me is making Mafia etc even a little good. Evil is evil!!!

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 2 years ago

Would make a great movie! Better than “Goodfellas”. Yes the Mafia, all organized crime is evil. it is just a story, get over it. the premise was improbable from the outset, and that is part of what made it a fun, escapist read. Good storytelling.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyabout 2 years ago

That was a legit awesome story...very cinematic

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

STUPID BITCH JENNIFER.....STILL DOESN'T ANSWER WHY THEY DIDN'T HAVE SEX FOR OVER A WEEK....SHE WAS FORGIVEN TOO EASILY!!

Gmann006Gmann006almost 2 years ago

Damn , That was without a doubt one of the best I have ever read on the internet. Thank you for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story. Would make a great movie. Thanks for writing it.

Ed

StubbyoneStubbyonealmost 2 years ago

What a great little story ! 5-😊😊😊😊😊

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Trying for that elusive 7, eh?

Maybe is... Good Job, all around.

Well fleshed out, even the ending.

oldtwitoldtwitover 1 year ago

Very good, nicely put together

Nato_Nato_over 1 year ago

So fucking great. Omg. It's like an onion. It stinks till its delicious. Layers of stinky, deliciousness. 5/5

Nato_

tangledweedtangledweedover 1 year ago

It's nice to go back to some of the really great stories, occasionally. It gives you a chance to reset the bar to where it should be. The menace of the mob involvement is always hanging in the background, but it's more of a romance than a crime story at heart.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have to say it's an excellent story but I've read a few of your stories recently (and some were a reread) and when the MC meets the two girls near the beginning of the story I knew which one was going to be his cheating slut wife! I wonder if you really had a cheating slut wife of the same name and can't help using the name over and over again. You use a different name for your MCs. Anyway 5*

Dobbin55

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Dreat story. Well written and thought out. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stevie thoughts:

[But crew members also weren't supposed to fuck with another crew member's wife either,...]

===> this is an understatement. Sal would know that this would certainly get him whacked. Charlie would have no choice but to order the hit based on the Mafia code. You did not fuck other men's wives within the crew. It inevitably meant a higher up (even than Charlie) would order a hit. Sal would know this as the muscle/ enforcer. Yes Stevie is not a made man (he is not Sicilian), but he is in Charlie's crew. Good story featuring another treacherous Traci, but not particularly accurate. Sal would chase after someone else. Period.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved the Good Fellas tie ins with the Lufthansa heist. Good way to take out Sal. Surprised Sal would not be at least exiled (sent out West or Florida) for fucking Traci behind Stevie's back. If Stevie was a made man (he wasn't) then Sal would have immediately been sleeping with the fishes as Charlie (or his superior) would have ordered a hit. Yes Stevie was a Jew and could not be a made man, but a lot of the early mafia, including Murder Incorporated under Charlie "Lucky" Luciano had Jews working with Italians (think Bugsy Malone and Meyer Lanski). Even if technically not made men in the Italaian Mafia sense, no one would think of fucking their wives. Hell Bugsy would himself would kill the offending guy and most of his male family, whether it was his wife or Meyer's they had been fucking. So guess Stevie was too low on the food chain. Still would have expected exile for Sal. But the FBi setup to get Jimmy Burke to have Sal whacked wad perfect. Btw I know in these stories by this author, that Traci is a placeholder for cheating slut (with rare exceptions), but we get no clue whatsoever as to why. Like zero. It wasn't the sex. Apparently Stevie more than rung her bells. It couldn't be the illicit nature of the affair unless she is psycho because she too would know the dangers of Sal fucking another crew member's wife. And it can't be just sex, because it seems implausible that Sal would be (remotely) better in bed, even if his cock wss bigger (we are not.told that information, so just speculation). So seduction / charm? Or did the author find it hard to even attempt.a rationalization in such a setting with the Mafia angle, and therefore just left it out entirely?

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Really loved the story, from the horny kid start to the true to life but sad ending. Had me worried when he headed home to change pants and found an unknown car in his drive. Luckley lightening doesn't strike twice in the same place, as they say.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 1 year ago

Just a summer job, what a great story, even the second time around. Way back when, 60s-70s, we were always hearing about organized crime and it was. I can't help thinking somethings were better when organized crime was involved. Unions were stronger, you didn't mess with the teamsters. If an employer didn't want the union involved in his business the bossiness suddenly became unprofitable. Everyone took their cut and nobody screwed with the workers. Now look what we have, the middle class is disappearing, the rich get richer and there's more homeless than ever before. Just something to think about. Keep writin'.

DINGDONG33DINGDONG33about 1 year ago

Another great story what more can be said

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of the best stories from this author, if not.th4 best. Of course there was the obligatory Traci as a cheating wife (who cheats here for some inane reason since the MC is a sex god), but who cares since she isn't in the story long, there isn't any emotional melodrama about her cheating with Sal, he doesn't listen to her bullshit and divorces her straight off, and she remarries Sal, but the MC sets him up via his friend in the FBI so henia whacked by Jimmy Burke and he moves onto his true love. Great story and wonderful relationship with Jennifer and Annalise.

miket0422miket042212 months ago

Absolutely loved it.

Other than a few details that didn't jive with the story starting in 1970 this is one of the best I:be read in a while.

Stevie getting back together with and then marrying Traci was a bit of a head scratcher though since she had already dumped him for another guy the first time they dated.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I enjoyed this story. For one thing, this is the deepest anyone has gotten into talking about the mob. The only thing I didn't understand is why didn’t Stevie turn his info over to Charlie? Considering the rules they had about messing with another man’s wife, one can assume they would have taken him out.

4 stars.

DoctimeDoctime10 months ago

Outstanding! I loved the complete lack of bigotry. . Every American of all races and colors should read this. By the way, the sex and parenting were great as well.

MrSpoojerMrSpoojer9 months ago

Very good read, I enjoyed it very much

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Great story. Thanks, Hooked, I think this is one of your best.

Five stars. Twice. It’s that good.

Cracker270Cracker2709 months ago

Reread for me an especially great feel good story. Which is what I have come to expect from this author

lc69hunterlc69hunter9 months ago

I loved this. And I fucking dare anybody to call Charley a cuck or a wimp to his face

ejsathomeejsathome8 months ago

Great story. Really loved it. You are a fantastic storyteller for sure.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Probably this author's best story, and one of the few truly high quality stories on this site. It would make a great screenplay.

Martyr2002Martyr20028 months ago

Nice Job Hooked! Now that is an ending that was as good as the rest of the story.

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Parts of it were nostalgic from 'Dirty Dancing, others from mafia movies. A clever mixed race shepardic accountant is a refreshing hero. Nice writing.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Far too much of Goodfellows in this.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What a piece of soap opera crap!

Tedious, boring, self-indulgent, racist, elitist - glorifying criminals and criminality. Murder, extortion, fraud, theft, blackmail, assault. All venerated and strictly ascribed as justifiable for Italian nationality and Jewish paganism.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft6 months ago

Somehow missed reading this one. Very nice character development, and an enjoyable tale. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

why are most of the nasty,whiny comments made by anonymous commenters ?? if i don't like a story i just move on to the next one .

HansTrimbleHansTrimble5 months ago

One of the best stories in the whole website! When coupled with the prequel, it took the hero from teenager to well past middle age, and while he was learning from every episode, he was still very much the same person. The essential message was that he was true to everyone else, so they were true to him. Something for all of us to think about!

Hans

J6480J64805 months ago

A great tale, one of the best. Got to read the prequel now

FluidswallowerFluidswallower4 months ago

Thanks for a well-written and captivating tale. You've done a really fine job!

GeorgeGaleGeorgeGale4 months ago

Outstanding story, very well written and told.............():\

26thNC26thNC4 months ago

Hooked’s great epic story. Very well written, and just the kind of story I like to find in LW.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Really great story. One of the truly top end ones on here. BardnotBard

JTassJTass3 months ago

Great story! Lots of nice little touches showing either personal knowledge of New York, or really good research (celery soda rocks!).

tsgtcapttsgtcapt3 months ago

Excellent story and storyline! Really enjoyable! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Great story. Guess Traci was caught in the alpha male syndrome again with Sal. Doubt the sex she had with Sal was half as food as what Stevie gave her. But Stevie found his own way. Like the GoodFellas character references. 5 blazing stars.

sbmcruisesbmcruiseabout 1 month ago

A really good story with twists and turns. Good sex and a happy ending.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous