Justice Ch. 01: Amos and Andrea

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I saw an attorney on Monday about divorcing Andrea based on desertion. I explained that I had filed a missing person's report and the police were looking into it, but, the lawyer told me, I would have to wait a year before I could file on the grounds of desertion or abandonment. I thanked him and went back to work.

Life went on for the next several months as usual -- I worked, came home, ate, slept and began the process all over again. Every so often I called the police station to check up on my missing person's case just to keep up appearances. I always got the same answer -- no leads, but they're still working on it.

I ended each day with a beer and a cigarette on my porch, often thinking about my grandfather. I wondered where he was and what he was doing. Strange thing, though -- that cigarette case never went empty. Most days, I never smoked more than two, but the case would be completely full in the morning. I didn't complain one bit. Seriously -- have you actually checked out the price of cigarettes these days?

During the first six months after the incident with Roscoe and Andrea, I focused on work and stayed away from women. Then one day, it happened. I bought a lottery ticket and found myself with an $85 million windfall. I was given a choice -- either take a lump sum of over $57 million after taxes or accept an annual annuity over the next 30 years. After looking at how much I would get every year, I chose the annuity.

I decided to quit my job since I no longer needed to work. My co-workers said they would miss me and I knew I would miss them as well, but the truth was I had become bored over the last six months. On top of that, I started to feel as though my time with Elijah had awakened something inside me.

I decided to buy a place in the country and found a nice two-story ranch house on 20 wooded acres. The place needed a bit of work, which suited me just fine. It also had a couple of out-buildings and a horse corral. Naturally, it had a good Internet connection along with all the modern utilities.

I moved all my stuff out and rented the old house I once shared with Andrea, with the intent to sell it once my divorce was final. Still, there was something missing. I considered buying a horse, but I knew nothing about taking care of one. Many nights I ended up at the Wrangler, a small but popular bar not too far from my new house.

One night, I was at the Wrangler, nursing a beer and watching a game on the large television when I heard a female voice.

"That's an interesting case," the woman said, looking down at my cigarette case. "Mind if I look at it?" I invited her to sit down and handed it to her. She inspected it carefully, reading the inscription on the back. As she inspected the case, I inspected her. Slim, well-built, long blonde hair framing a face that could best be described as 'girl-next-door' pretty. Her breasts were just the right size -- not too big and not too small. "This looks like early Civil War," she said. "Where did you get this?"

"Family heirloom," I said. "Belonged to my great-great-great-great grandfather Elijah." I opened the case and showed her the picture inside. She smiled as she looked at it.

"They look like they really loved each other," she said. I nodded my head.

"They did," I said.

"This ought to be in a museum somewhere," she said. I shook my head.

"There's a lot of sentimental value in this," I said. "It's kinda hard to explain." I extended my hand. "I'm Amos Jones, by the way." She shook my hand.

"Danni," she said. "Danni Williams. It's short for Danielle."

"Pretty name," I said.

"Thank you, kind sir," she said, smiling.

"Can I get you something?" I asked.

"Sure," she said. "I'd love a beer." I motioned for the waitress and ordered us each a beer.

"Mind if I... smoke?" I asked her, opening the case. She shook her head.

"Not at all," she said. "Would you mind sharing one with me?" I smiled and offered her a cigarette. I pulled out a match and scratched it along my jeans. I held it as she lit her cigarette.

"Impressive," she said as I lit my cigarette. I smiled as I blew out the match and put it back in its box. "What kind of cigarettes are these anyway? I've never tasted anything like them."

"Special blend," I said. "Hand rolled. You like?"

"Absolutely," she said. I smiled.

"You know, there's nothing quite like a smoke and a beer with a friend to end the day," I said. Lifting her beer, she smiled. I joined her in a little toast and we spent the evening getting to know each other.

It turned out Danni was a lawyer with a large firm in the city, and often spent her weekends at her parents ranch, taking care of her horses.

"I've been thinking about buying a horse," I said.

"That's right," she said. "You just bought the old Ackerman place. You know anything about horses?" I shook my head.

"Nothing whatsoever," I told her. "But I'm a fast learner." She laughed.

"Well, you know, horses require a lot of care," she said. "On average, you'd probably need to devote about four hours a day. But if you're serious, I have a horse I've been wanting to sell and I'd be more than happy to help you learn."

"That sounds great," I said. "So, is there a Mr. Danni somewhere?" She shook her head.

"Not any more," she said. She told me about her divorce from her ex-husband, who turned out to be a drunken cheat and and abuser. I listened to her tell her story, and could see that it had affected her considerably. "What about you?" she asked.

"Almost the same thing," I said. "Caught her cheating on me. She wanted me to be her cuckold, but I wouldn't have it. She's gone now, with her lover. Haven't seen her in well over six months. I'll be filing for divorce in a few months for abandonment."

"I'm sorry to hear that," she said. We spent the rest of the evening talking, sipping beer and dancing. She felt so good in my arms and I felt more content than I had in months. Finally, the bar was closing, so we had to leave.

"Why don't you come by in the morning and I'll introduce you to Ringo?" she asked.

"Ringo?" I asked in response.

"The horse, silly," she said.

"It's a date," I said. She gave me directions to her parents place, along with her cell number. "See ya in the morning," I said before she left.

The next day, she introduced me to her parents, Bill and Kathy Williams. Bill was a huge man, and he nearly crushed my hand when he shook it.

"So, you're the fella who bought the old Ackerman place, right?" he asked. I nodded my head. "Good people, the Ackermans," he added. "Well, I gotta go take care of some fencing. Nice to meet ya, Amos."

"Good to meet you, sir," I said. Danni took me out to the corral and introduced me to Ringo, a very large reddish-brown horse. I don't know what kind of a horse he was, but I was impressed by his size. Danni told me he was a very gentle animal and liked lots of attention.

She showed me how to put a saddle and a bridle on him, then taught me how to ride him. I felt like I was on top of the world riding this creature. I followed Danni's instructions and was amazed at how well Ringo responded to my commands. We rode around the ranch for a couple of hours before Danni led us back to the corral, where she showed me how to groom, feed and water him.

"What do you think?" Danni asked when we left the corral.

"I'm very impressed," I said. "How much do you want for him?"

"Let's talk money in a few weeks," she said. "I'd prefer it if you spent time here learning how to care for him and ride him first. I just want to make sure he has a good home. Can you do that?"

"Sure," I said.

"Good," she said. "I'll let my dad know so he doesn't shoot you for rustling," she added laughing. I walked her to the door and she turned to me before going inside.

"I had a really good time with you this weekend," she said. "I have to leave tonight to get back to the city, but I'll be back Friday night."

"Would you like to go out with me next Friday?" I asked. She smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

"I'd love that," she said. "Now, be good to Ringo. He's still my baby, you know."

"I will," I promised.

And that began the next chapter in my life. I came over every morning to take care of Ringo. Bill and the ranch hands showed me a few more tricks and over time, we all became good friends. I enjoyed the time I spent there and began to feel a connection with the animal. I also found myself thinking less and less about Andrea.

Danni came home every Friday and we dated for several weeks. One Friday, she showed up at my door, suitcase in hand.

"Would you mind an overnight guest?" she asked.

"Please, come in," I said. We went out for dinner and ended up in my bed. It had been a long time since I had been with a woman, and Danni said it had been a long time for her as well. That first night, we simply fucked each other's brains out. At one point, she climbed on top of me, cowgirl style, and I bucked up into her like a wild bronco.

Afterward, we lay in each other's arms. She got up on one elbow and looked me in the eye.

"Just so you know," she said. "I'm strictly a one-man woman and I absolutely detest cheaters. Can you handle that?"

"Absolutely," I said. "And I'm strictly a one-woman man and I don't tolerate cheating of any kind." She kissed me deeply, her tongue invading my mouth. When she finished, she looked at me.

"Good," she said. "Because I think I'm falling in love with you."

"I'm glad," I told her. "Because I know I'm falling in love with you." We embraced one more time and made love before falling asleep.

"Dad says he's really impressed with the way you've been taking care of Ringo," she told me the next day as we drove to her parents ranch.

"I enjoy it," I said. "He's a beautiful animal."

"So, you still want to buy him?" she asked.

"Absolutely," I said. She told me how much she wanted and I nearly choked. Of course I could afford it, but I had no idea horses cost that much. I knew I'd be putting out over $3,000 a year to take care of him, but that was no problem whatsoever.

"It's a deal," I said. "Mind if he stays put for a couple weeks while I get the corral ready?"

"No problem," she said as we pulled into the ranch.

A couple weeks later, the corral was ready and Bill brought Ringo over. He looked at what I had done to the corral and was impressed with the new shelter I put up for the animal.

"Damn, son," he said. "This is gonna be one spoiled horse. You got a television in here as well?" he asked, laughing.

"Thought about it," I said, laughing with him. After we got Ringo settled in, Bill looked at me, seriously.

"You know, Danni really likes you," he said. "A lot."

"Yes, sir," I said. "And I really like her a lot, too." He nodded his head. He looked at me before speaking.

"I know you do," he said. "I just want you to know that she's still my baby girl and I'll do whatever it takes to protect her. Her last husband was a real bastard and it was all I could do to keep from skinning him alive. Just promise me something."

"What's that?" I asked.

"Treat her right," he said. "Don't ever make my little girl cry. You do that, and you'll always be welcome in my house."

"I promise, Mr. Williams," I said, extending my hand. He took my hand and smiled as he shook it.

"I'm gonna hold you to that, son," he said. "Well, I'd best be off. Talk to you soon."

Danni and I continued to see each other over the next few months. In that time, our love for each other grew and blossomed into something special. We talked about everything -- our hopes and dreams for the future, children, you name it. Like me, she wanted children and often talked about being able to retire to the country. She wisely never mentioned marriage, but I could tell it was on her mind.

A year after the incident with Roscoe and Andrea, I contacted my lawyer. He still had the paperwork ready to file. I had spent the last year making sure I had jumped through all the legal hoops. Naturally, the authorities never found Andrea -- I knew they wouldn't -- and it was now considered a cold case. My lawyer told me I would be a free man in 30 days.

I pulled out Grandma Elizabeth's ring and made plans to have it cleaned and sized for Danni. I intended to propose to her the weekend after the divorce became final.

Life was definitely looking good.

By the way, I did see my Grandpa Elijah again, but I'll tell you all about that the next time...

Stay tuned...

Notes: For those in what some commenters have called the "Perpetual Bitch Brigade," I took some artistic license with the lottery winnings. Please keep in mind that different states have different tax laws, so the amount presented here is by no means intended to reflect a general reality.

Also, the quote, "No man in the wrong can stand up against a fellow that's in the right and keeps on a-comin'," is attributed to William Jesse "Bill" McDonald, a Texas Ranger Captain who lived from 1852-1918. Once described as a man who would "charge hell with a bucket of water," he died of pneumonia in Wichita Falls, Texas and is currently buried in Quanah, Texas. The motto is engraved on his tombstone.

I had originally considered making this a part of my "Cheating Zone" series, but thought it best to keep it separate, at least for the time being.