All Comments on 'Justice Ch. 02: Ghost Riders'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 110 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nice!!

Thanks! Love the dose of justice here, looking forward to more. And please ignore the whinings from the Perpetual Bitch Brigade...

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago

Keep on riding, cowboy!

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 4 years ago
Damn good read

You truly are in your element here, the tale is engaging as well as the characters.

I, for one, am looking forward to more chapters in this tale and any others you would care to share with us.

Thank you.

5/5

beanburner69beanburner69about 4 years ago
Keep them coming

Once again you out did your self. Keep them coming, loved the way you worked my old west favorites in there.

cybojicybojiabout 4 years ago
Like it

Great story,5

Omart57Omart57about 4 years ago
Great conclusion-

of one story and part two of another! Looking forward to future chapters of Justice!

Bh76Bh76about 4 years ago
I dig it.

You almost lost me at the 10 billion. But then I remembered that your little universe is on its own little island. Fun story.

NathanGarrettNathanGarrettabout 4 years ago
Thank you!

Great story!

PowersworderPowersworderabout 4 years ago

Gloria should have ended up in hell. She was guilty of several deadly sins and committed adultery thousands of times.

meucimeuciabout 4 years ago

Really good read but I expected no less 5 stars in my book. You keep writing em and I'll keep reading em pardner.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
5 stars, plus a few more.

Great read, and it's okay to take a bit of leeway in the guise of fiction. It is your Universe!

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 4 years ago
Strangely enough

I really enjoyed this. It's entertaining fluff including adult themes skillfully written for a twelve year old mind. So I have to laugh at myself for enjoying it. Not a damn thing wrong with a little escapism from time to time. Keep it up.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
cute

a good read in fantasy

Smokepole

JohnChildJohnChildabout 4 years ago
your universe

I found your universe to my taste in these yarns and hope to see more of the possie.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Saddletramp

I've enjoyed your work since you began writing, but I have to say that your Justice stories are, without question , my favorites. Like Schwanze says, a little escapism is good for every body. This combination of loving wives and sci fi is so durn much fun, I could read ten more pages of it. You even put Bill Tilghman, my favorite Old West lawman in the tale. Thanks for this real treat.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great Escapist Story

Just really enjoyed the story, of men out of time and space, riding for Justice.. Oh Wyatt Earp would have seen airplanes, in fact, he would have heard about Lindberg flying . the Atlantic, and known by newspapers and newsreels of the horrors of marchine guns in WW I.Wyatt Earp died in January 1929.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Nice to see the good guys win :)

Thanks ST :)

tizwickytizwickyabout 4 years ago
That Was Fun!

Like someone else said I like your Universe! Great fantasy story, hope to see more chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
justice

One more chapter please!!!!! about Justice ch. 03

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Ghost Riders In The Sky

Ghost riders and the wild wild west all rolled into one great story. Love your stories, keep them coming.

BaggyUKBaggyUKabout 4 years ago
I like your Universe...

Thanks again ST, proper escapism fiction! Always an entertaining read...looking for the continuation of Justice in the near future☺

YouamiYouamiabout 4 years ago
A simple yet seductive tale told very well

saddletramp1956

Congrats on adding this two parter to your expanding repertoire. In these days of crime, disease, betrayal at many levels, as well as an apparent absence of true justice, your story however fanciful it might have appeared for some readers, was just what this reader's tired old soul needed. Escapism?... sure, but it also promoted the central moral value, knowing right from wrong. It's sad that not enough folks are able to make the distinction between them. Anyhow, thanks for your creative efforts.

chrisr357chrisr357about 4 years ago

At one point I could hear “Ghost Riders in the Sky”. A really good yarn. Can’t wait for the next

TajfaTajfaabout 4 years ago

I love your fantasy universe. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Well, if it’s your universe

I am honored to be able to see it. Great story and have seen at least 3 of previous tales mix with it. Hopefully that means many more to come.

I only gave you 5 stars, what can I say it wouldn’t let me add more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

write more about this story please

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 4 years ago

i hope to see more related to this story and the people in it.

Buck1974Buck1974about 4 years ago
Fantastic story

Yep yet again another fantastic story god I would love know what goes through your head when writing these fantastic stories. You have got some strange fantasy in your head and what you can come out with is so incredibly talented that nearly everyone is nearly always surprised. And guess what you have yet again out did yourself again just when I think you can’t get any better you surprise me. So well done and can’t wait to read your next story.

Firsttimer0570Firsttimer0570about 4 years ago
Keep them coming partner,

Again a Nice trail of stories even it is your universe, but your explanation is plausable

I would love to read more about the posse and the connection to other stories

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Finally,

A great fantasy story that a reader can really enjoy... please keep them coming.

We really need a Zane Grey in this venue.

VinastodaVinastodaabout 4 years ago

Well you've done something. You warmed this hard asses heart. I'm sure they'll be some that say Gloria did not deserve to be forgiven but as you said it's your universe. Well written I truly expect to read more of this story line.

wonder203wonder203about 4 years ago
Great story

Love sharing your universe for a time. Hope there are a few more of them to come.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Rifleman

Good addition with the rifleman. Bring back memories of good tv.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
More!!

Must have more of Justice O Peace

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 4 years ago

This seems like it's really the second half of The Camp - Coward. I realize it's a follow-up to both stories, but Justice was complete, Coward wasn't, so IMHO this belongs more there.

Gloria is being sold into slavery. Why would they then be killing her?

Mike did okay for a guy that was near death.

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyabout 4 years ago
Keep the posse a comin'

Loved it

5 stars

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 4 years ago

5* Outstanding! Enjoyed LW plus SciFy story. $13 Billion or die now was a nice take. I knew the name Bill McDonald, the greatest of the Rangers. Glad Mike got to personally dispense justice and forgive Gloria. Clean sweep. Write on!

terraknorterraknorabout 4 years ago

Great story - would also fit in ScienceFiction/Fantasy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great

What else can you give a story like this but "5" stars. I enjoy great stories with historical accuracy.

SkubabillSkubabillabout 4 years ago

saddletramp is one of the most interesting and diverse writers in Loving Wives. Combining characters from The Camp and Justice was really a great idea and worked extremely well. It would be really interesting to C&J in a Cheating Zone episode as well.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
The amazing Saddletramp!

How do you do it?

You brought in three different stories and amazed again.

You have the most creative mind I have seen.

FyreHeartFyreHeartabout 4 years ago

Excellent series of stories and a great take on the ghost riders theme.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Purgatory

Your great second chapter reminds me of an old Western movie called Purgatory, with all the old gunmen reunited to ride again. I love Westerns, especially U.S. Marshalls. Great blend of LW and Sci-fi in your stories. There must be more work for Justus , Amos, and the boys to do. More stories soon, I hope.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
WOW!

One of the best series I've ever read on this site. WOW!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
No matter how good or bad

it’s SF Western and draw by numbers, the good guys always wins. Boring.

Imoverit41Imoverit41about 4 years ago
Excelsior!

You are a Master Story Teller and Writer! I feel very privileged to have been invited on this journey with you. Hell of a bus ride this time! Can't wait for the next adventure on the Saddletramp Bus! 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Thank you!

rnebularrnebularabout 4 years ago
The king of over-the-top

ST always seems to outdo himself with how much fantasy enters his stories. If you try to map these to real life, you will probably never enjoy them. If you look at these more like the fantasy they are, I feel they do an excellent job of entertaining us. Thanks for your continued escape from reality.

Rnebular

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 4 years ago

Mostly misclassified, since the story was heavily dependent on SciFi/Fantasy, but a good guilty-pleasure read!

4*

PornGoddess2PornGoddess2about 4 years ago
Airplanes

Wyatt Earp, who died in 1929, and served as an advisor on Hollywood films starring Tom Mix and William S Hart, would certainly have known about airplanes and probably seen a number of them.

moreandmoremoreandmoreabout 4 years ago
Entertaining

I enjoy reading your stories.

jneric2691jneric2691about 4 years ago

Great story! The one thing I don't understand is when someone comments on realism of a story especially when you can't even get realism from the news.

Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Wonderful, creative story

Other than the story about the N. .Korean bomb, this is the most creative story n the Lit library. Imagine, tying two complex story plots together.

But you forgot about returning Jim Bowie's knife. Small detail that does not reduce your 5 stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Great story

Your story was so good it made want see you do a version of edrider73's sentence

C_frommnC_frommnabout 4 years ago
Loved the Story

Can see where the Camp & Justice could turn into long series. That's my hope anyways. Good luck with your future stories.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 4 years ago
Another Great One

I love your stories. Thanks for sharing.

woodmanonewoodmanoneabout 4 years ago
A little over the top

but what else would you expect in an adventure story. Well done and I enjoyed it very much. I think it's about time for another chapter. Thanks for your hard work.

Woodmanone

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
one star for the cuck

apologizing for making his wife be a cheating whore

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Must have been a lot of work.

Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Previous mechanism

The Greek chorus in ancient times invoked the "Deus Ex Machina" often to simplify impossible scenarios-the machine of the gods trotted out when needed like it was here. Can't put character in a situation like this and expect good scores because neither the BTB group and STKAV-save the kids and victim people find anything to feel good about

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 4 years ago

Nice job, very entertaining if one keeps an open mind. Who among us wouldn’t want some time with a special ancestor they weren’t able to meet?

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 4 years ago
Thoroughly enjoy your writing and this series especially!

Looking forward to reading more!

jtwheelsjtwheelsalmost 4 years ago
As comic western still don't make it

No

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Texas-style ancestor worship

Kinda fun, kinda campy. Drama with betrayal, predation, murder, revenge, righteous mopping up. Romance with a ranch-girl lawyer. Comic hijinks and ancestor worship. Sorta messy and all-over-the-place. But the writer is having fun. And no doubt some readers.

myassisdraginmyassisdraginalmost 4 years ago
Remember one thing....

When criticism heads your way mention Rule One. YOUR universe, YOUR rules..

Myassisdragin.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

Fantastic chapter, loved it.

I love your a universe.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Like the AU.

Actually warmed up some of the various recordings of "Ghost Riders in the Sky". Ives, Monroe, Robbins Cash.

Worked out as a theme for this series. Looking out for more of this and the Camp series, since both are in the same AU. :) Heck, you're doing this on your own time and efforts. If your detractors no like, then they need to write their own stories and lets see how they do.

At least no 4th wall breaking like some do just for comic relief and filler.

JackallsJackallsalmost 4 years ago
Hocus pocus

Crap. I am not used to read hocus pocus crap from saddletramp. But this definitely is.

A waste of time reading it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
i have just finished cpt 1 and switched to cpt 2 where the into said to read cp3 first to understand cpt 2 so i swithed to cp 3 where it said to read 1 & 2 to understaqnd cp 3 what gives?

comment above

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@Anonymous, it says it's a continuation of Justice Ch 1 and CAMP ch 3.

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
WITH ALL THAT HIDDEN TALENT FOR THE GOOD GUYS

the bad men don't stand a chance, TK U MLJ LV NV

lee5456lee5456over 3 years ago
A damn fine story

Thank you for such a wonderful story

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 3 years ago

What is not to like? A smooth flowing, well written story which combined parts from today’s time line, western hero’s and Fantasy. My cup of tea - or coffee if you prefer. 5*.

The_OutlanderThe_Outlanderover 3 years ago

A splendid universe to find oneself in, I am so into this, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Ghost riders ..

Like chrisr357, I could swear I heard the song "Ghost riders in the sky" while reading this.

This series of stories feel like Ghost Riders meet Highway to Heaven starring Michael Landon, a nice bit of escapism, loving them

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Absolutely Awesome story!!! One of my favorite stories!!! 5 Stars!!!

tazz317tazz317over 3 years ago
AS WITH ALL PARANORMAL ACTIVITY

the weirder it seems means more likely it could occur. Think Roswell. TK U MLJ LV NV

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Fantasy And Enjoyable

Always a fan of justice and enjoyed this romp and the earlier chapters giving the background. 5 stars.

Karn9Karn9over 3 years ago

Great story, absolutely loved the way you described the events and details of the fight that Mike had.

Wonderful ending. More please....

LovesNipplesLovesNipplesover 3 years ago
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.”

I have had an absolutely wonderful time reading this series, thus far. As one Anonymous said, I heard "Ghost Riders in the Sky" most of the way through it. I could see the faces of the lawmen, because I have seen photos of all of them (I teach US History) and I recognized the rifle immediately, as I am a huge fan of Chuck Connors and "The Rifleman". He and my dad could have been nearly twins.

Thank you so much for your work,

Rancher46Rancher46about 3 years ago

What a great tale of good versus evil, well done. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I want to be a stay-at-home mom... hmmm... how to make that work? Oh, I know, I'll embezzle 3billion dollars from a corrupt corporation. That should be enough to have a few kids. Pure comedy.

skippersdadskippersdadalmost 3 years ago

Another great yarn , thank you again you put so much emotion in your people .nice job.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Brilliant storytelling! Another 5 star effort by Saddletramp1956. If you keep writing about your universe, I'll keep reading.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Chapter 2 is as good as No.1 . Love it. AAAAAA+++++

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A finely crafted tale, to say the least ... Thank you, sir.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 2 years ago

God I love your stories ST. Thanks so much for the very entertaining read.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

What a charming, warm, well written story. Damn dust started blowing in my eyes towards the end but I pushed through.

juanviejojuanviejoover 2 years ago

THANKS FOR ALL THEM HAINTS YOU BROUGHT BACK TO US. Haint equals ghost deep in the Cumberlands...Course many of the wizened old folks will tell they han't no haints. FIVE STARS1

'

simpletxboysimpletxboyover 2 years ago

Another amazing story, ST! One of the absolute best on the site! Off to read more, er read more again, now...

seafarer20seafarer20about 2 years ago

A great light hearted chuckle that gave me a lot of joy. What a lot of nonsensical fun that is so refreshing from the tedious news on our TVs daily. Loved the emergence of my childhood heroes, where we watched in cinemas whilst rolling chocolate 'jaffas' down the aisles 😂

FyrscapeFyrscapeabout 2 years ago

Wouldn't have guessed that the fantasy part would be something I would enjoy. But inspite of that I reaally did. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I see Sam Elliot's character from the "Ghostrider" film as J.O.P. every time I read one of these tales.

Always entertaining,

Thanks S.T.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I just had a good jaunt in your world ST. While there I'm certain I saw once again some of the men and women I had been acquainted with on some of the Saturdays of my youth at the movies. Thanks for awakening old memories. LP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I love everything you write and I especially like your recurrent central characters!

Please, give us more.

I've read everything here x 2.

PLEASE, give us more!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just saw on Twitter that ST is working on a prequel to this series. I can't wait to read that!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

As usual saddletramp you are still one of the best story tellers on this site I wish i could chat to you but for some reason the powers that be have blocked me Best wishes (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What a great universe to spend time in. Outstanding story with set-ups galore; truly one of the best read thus far by this writer. Great job, Author!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You always write a good read I lost My wife 10/27/21 and your stories have helped Me heal a lot from Her passing. I know she is waiting by the gates of Heaven waiting for me to get there when OI pass My Plot is already waiting for me at the Military Cemetery above Bakersfield next to Her grave. Yes we both are vets. Again, I have loved all your stories . above I marked 5 stars but with you I wish it had 10 !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The good stories just keep on coming. Love them all.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES