All Comments on 'Justice Ch. 07: From the Grave'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 144 Comments
Big_Tim99Big_Tim997 months ago

I am glad that this story finally brought justice to the mother. She is a character that really didn't deserve a redemption arc, because she never felt remorse, she felt that she deserved the rewards for what she had done.

It also puts a lie to the old trope "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." Usually it means you just acquire an enemy you have to deal with later.

c24jc24j7 months ago

Good writing, but for me, the situation devolved from the previous work. I enjoy it more when those who screw up learn their lessons from life itself, and have learn to live with the consequences . . . making right what they can, and dealing the best they can from the rest. In the last story, Anne/Anita learned a painful lesson, with long and painful consequences, and was trying to right what little she could. All that's thrown away, and she's turned into a cheap villain, no real emotional growth, who goes to hell. This probably appeals to the more shallow and self-righteous, who aren't too far from being similar villains themselves, but doesn't really have a place in more advanced and complex storytelling (again, in my opinion). The writer doesn't realize it, I don't think, but the punishment in this version is not nearly the 'win' that self realization of one's faults and cruelties were at the end of the last.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy7 months ago

A humdinger of a conclusion!

5

other2other1other2other17 months ago

Five big stars, justice was served

ju8streadingju8streading7 months ago

i love reading stories on this group of people.

looking forward to the next one.

thank you for posting it

EastCoaster1EastCoaster17 months ago

Another SaddleTramp 5-star classic !!

I am envious of your writing ability, and the talent you show in everything you write.

Still working my way through your stories, and with very few exceptions find each one to be thoroughly engaging and enjoyable.

Thank you for writing and sharing your talents with us.

littleone35littleone357 months ago

appreciate all of your stories, they really hit home

WisquejacWisquejac7 months ago

As with all your stories, thank you. Loved it.

DontPanic442DontPanic4427 months ago

Knocked it out of the park again. You are my hero. Thanks for the story .

Fireguy1956Fireguy19567 months ago

Another great story, truly worthy of 5 stars. I have to chuckle how all your characters love lasagna.

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider19557 months ago

I love the Justice O. Peace stories. I enjoy how the characters appear in the different stories. Your writing is excellent and entertaining.

JH4FunJH4Fun7 months ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Another great tale produced by a master story teller. This one made me reach back and remember the images you created in the previous tales associated with this tale. But what I enjoyed the most was the tie-in to all the previous tales in this series all the way back to the beginning and the original Astordatair tale “I Needed To Talk To You.”

The imagery in this one meant a little more to me having been in the region of the world and on a few USN SSN’s and CV/CVN’s. I did have problem with the trip back to Kings Bay (KB) and the talk about Gibraltar. Knowing the transit through the SUEZ would not be an option. That along with the trip around the Cape of Good Hope would be the only path to KB. I was surprised you did have them take him to Diego Gracia for immediate treatment. Even though it is a British Island the base there is very capable of repairing wounds for transfer to Landstuhl via Ramstein.

But I must admit the 2.5 week transit from the west coast of Africa at full speed of a SSN is almost realistic. Having said all of these remarks about my view into your version of the Universe is totally wrong. But I love the enjoyment you place in the universe by spinning and weaving together such wonderful visions of good moving the forces to improve the world around the down trodden.

Your addition of the facts about not everyone wins and not all of the perceived good guys survive to live a life well lived to me is awesome Your placement of the pieces on the board to assist in your future creations of products for our consumption is fascinating to watch. In this tale the addition of characters created previously (Ryan and Olivia) to build into the force you use to bring a balance into your universe of universes is neat. That along with the fact that your balance includes allowing the forces of local authorities to make judgement in order right some of the evil in the world shows thought most would bother with in their tales.

In this tale you added a touch that I would not have imagined normal authors to include since Gene Roddenberry and his fight to have equal right in the 50’s/60’s television. You include the victims’ thought of balance into the forefront with Olivia bravely speaking about the punishment given to being too extreme torture. She was looking to find a balance between justice punishment for deeds and torture going beyond the deeds just punishment. Finding that balance for a warrior who understands evil, being a tool for balancing the evil and going overboard in the balance being a fine line. Making a statement to that affect to a being who has the power Adrestia welds takes strength and honest heart in my imagery you created

Oh yeah one more thing this tale did earn the Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating I gave it. Looking forward to your future products for our consumption. Thank you for this addition to your extreme volume of tales creating a library of interesting images and alternate universes.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

JH4FunJH4Fun7 months ago
Error corection for my original comments

The statement line should have read. "I was surprised you didn’t have them take him to Diego Gracia for immediate treatment."

Also while I don't mind Anne/Anita turning pure evil. I can see c24j line of thinking. I just felt you had a plan the way you left it in Olivia's version of the tale.

Thanks for leaving the comments for us to share others ideas and opinions.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

tizwickytizwicky7 months ago

Another very entertaining and well written 5 star tale of the further exploits of Dr. Adrestia Rhamnousia, Justice O. Peace, Cameron Drake and Max Burnage. I loved it, but I'm really looking forward to another featuring Cameron Drake, the Aliens, and Dr. A.

QuantumMechanic1957QuantumMechanic19577 months ago

A great story! Action, adventure, romance; this has it all. Closes out one tale but certainly leaves lots of room for more... which will be read just as avidly. I have really connected with Justice and Dr. A; I could wish that they were real and going about the world right about now, but I'd hate to have them collapse from overwork. Five stars.

Phoenix2019Phoenix20197 months ago

Really enjoyed it, thank you for writing. Happy to hear your health is improving so you can write many more stories.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc7 months ago

Awesome conclusion! 5.0*

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith7 months ago

Great continuation of Olivia’s tale! Perhaps you’ll write more about her and Ryan in the future. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️!

straightshooter1958straightshooter19587 months ago

Slam dunk fiver! Thank you!

Cracker270Cracker2707 months ago

Just what I have come to expect. Top quality writing and storytelling.

FyreHeartFyreHeart7 months ago

Excellent story and the perfect conclusion to the series. I love how you've interwoven most of your stories together and provided crossover events.

One thing I suggest should be fixed is where you mention Anita suffered from post-natal depression, it should be postpartum depression. While both refer to childbirth and often are used interchangeably, medically they have different meanings. Postatal refers to issues with the newborn while Postpartum refers to the mother.

Buster2UBuster2U7 months ago

100 Big Blazing Stars to my Good Friend and fellow writer SaddleTramp 1956. One of the few all time greatest writers here on Lit. What a tale, What a Story. I laughed and cried both thru this wonderful adventure. ST your imagination, characters, and story telling are amazing. Your Strong Sense of right and wrong, plus truth and Justice are Obvious. You Sir are Amazing. You mention some health issues. I have prayed for you, my friend. The Lord hears my prayers, as he is Always with me. He told me himself, almost 10 yrs ago. Thank You ST for all the Great Stories you have told here on lit. You are amazing. I can never thank you enough. Buster2U

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfox7 months ago

ST1956 THANK YOU!!!! Most excellent!!!

prsstaridprsstarid7 months ago

I am hoping you continue with more Cameron Drake stories.

Shavedbollox69Shavedbollox697 months ago

I can only leave five stars so that'll have to do

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Another great story blending western culture into a 21st feel well done more please keep riding

QldMarkQldMark7 months ago

As usual a great story , best writer on this site

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A wonderful capstone piece. Hat tip to the master.

weatherman70weatherman707 months ago

as always justice is served. Keep up the fine writing and story telling.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A very nice ending to a great story. STAY WELL, and please keep writing.

ZebcannonZebcannon7 months ago

I have read most of your stories and am glad that you are getting better. I really like the part in this one where Justice is linked with mercy. Justice has it part to play but without mercy then it is just vengeance without hope or end.

Well told and a big 5 for this one. I look forward to your next story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

FIVE BIG STARS

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

When do the aliens land?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

pure escapism just what you need in these times thank you

please don't be to long in creating another story/

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I love this story. Thank you. I look forward to reading about their further adventures along with Cameron, Max, Eli, Adrestia, and the rest of your characters. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

PrincessNutNutPrincessNutNut7 months ago

Enjoyed this very much. It is harder to write about what you love than pick at errors in things you don't.

Many thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Hello ST! Giving uou 5 stars only because I can't give you 10! Great imagination and writing. Welcome back and please stay well!

G

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

All your loyal readers have patiently waited for the end of this story which has become one of my favorites. Only ST could write such a warm and entertaining justice served story. Good to hear you are doing better and looking forward to the next adventure. Being a TRUE TEXAH I do know where QUANAH<TX is. thank you

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Thank youso much. Love your stories, the way you tie them all together, and continue to add characters.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Excellent! easily 5 stars.. Your writing reminds me of one of my favorite authors. Stephen Donaldson

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Someone called it BTB, others simply called it Justice. Always a good welcome to the King of Justice, and of course a full well deserved 5 stars !

KevinTheEngineerKevinTheEngineer7 months ago

Good stuff ST. Loved it.

hudc72hudc727 months ago

I have really enjoyed reading all of your stories. Look forward to many more.

40fathoms40fathoms7 months ago

Your stories never cease to amaze and entertain me.

BoxerR100BoxerR1007 months ago

And the Fantastic tail continues.!!

Thank you, we are glad you are feeling better, and able to keep writing. Be well.

GamblnluckGamblnluck7 months ago

Love your Justice O. Peace character. Consistently virtuous. Justice prevails!

SDN1955SDN19557 months ago

Really good tale. Your ability to weave science fiction into your stories and make it work so seamlessly is amazing. This story also did a credible job addressing some of the holes in part 3 of the series, specifically the part where Anne/Anita goes from pardoned co-conspirator to super-agent.

mac1729mac17297 months ago

Great story, I get the feeling we haven't seen the last of Olivia and Ryan

Thanks for writing

oldsage_1oldsage_17 months ago

Super story! I couldn't put it down once I started it. Don't know about the others but I wouldn't have minded a couple more pages! 😉 Of course that would have delayed the next couple you want to introduce us too! You do have another couple? Right? Looking forward to meeting them.

Stay healthy, stay happy and keep writing please!

Cheers

SAGE

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajun7 months ago

Wonderful story as always. Thanks.

pantylvr2pantylvr27 months ago

Fantastic, glad your on the mend. Can't wait for more great stories

drycreeksdrycreeks7 months ago

Awesome story series. Thank u for ur time n hard work kni it was enjoyed n appreciated. Waiting on the next one.

Omart57Omart577 months ago

Loved it, ST! Great job!

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderher7 months ago
The original story by Astordatair got stolen

and got put up on a YouTube channel called AUDIO STORY. This is the guy who is stealing stories from Literotica and claiming them as HIS own stories on his YouTube channel.

Astordatair's original "I really needed to talk to you" story just popped up yesterday on Audio Story's YouTube channel. I asked that loser, who lives in Ukraine, why he won't even credit the authors of the stories he is stealing and he said because he is untouchable in Ukraine from American Laws.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed7 months ago

5 stars for a great ending.

muskyboymuskyboy7 months ago

Now this is the Saddletramp story I having been waiting for, though it could have easily been the one and only follow up story to the original. Making Anne/Anita a redeemed character for even one story was almost too much for me. Thanks for ending this in your usual spectacular fashion.

Very glad you are on the mend? Thanks for this story.

MasterJerryGMasterJerryG7 months ago

A+++++++ Great way to end a story, of course it could be the groundwork for more to come. Either way great job as always.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

First let me say I'm very glad that you are doing well sir. This is a a excellent story and seems we will hear more from Olivia and Ryan, which would be great. I would give this story a +20 if possible. Thank you sir.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Thanks. great read, as usual. Glad to have you back writing. Hope you healing well and will soon be back to full health!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This story would have never been. But, felt that she should have ended her "mother" in the last story. It was certainly warranted.

mattenwmattenw7 months ago

It's really satisfying that you're feeling better again.

As always, an excellently told story that thrilled me. I can read your stories over and over again without finding them boring. Thanks for the good work! 5*!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I love your stories and I know that it's your universe, but I have to say, I absolutely hate the smoking (a very disgusting habit) and drinking. Drop the beer and replace it with coffee instead. Still, 5*

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrson7 months ago

Another awesome Saddletramp story

NRBonzNRBonz7 months ago

I gave it a "5" because LT doesn't go to "10"

Please listen to me when I tell you this story really, really needs to be reworked into a movie script. Please think about doing this and do keep writing,

Frankfiredawg06Frankfiredawg067 months ago

Amazing!

I’m with NRBonz I want this movie!!!

AlluredAllured7 months ago

Another riveting story!!!

CriosCrios7 months ago

Fine story. Anita finally gets what's coming to her. Maybe I missed something though. Eli says he was in the Rangers with Bill McDonald but McDonald wasn't born until 1952. He would've been 12 years old when Eli was killed at Brown's Mill in 1864.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I loved it, and it was the perfect ending and part 4 to No need to talk pt 03: Olivia. Now that was the kind of justice and burn I expected from the Master. It's also what keeps me coming back to your stories. Sometimes I'll just pull one up at random as I need some Saddle Tramp justice for the day (was a crappy day). Other times I just need to feel good with some Saddle Tramp justice for a good laugh and a great story. I hope you're feeling better and getting stronger, as I know it's taken me a while to adjust to the medications. I see my cardiologist in December for my 6 month follow up. Thanks for sharing that story with us, as the other part needed that kind of finish.

Turning502019Turning5020197 months ago

Great read. Loved that you took the story into the Justice universe

dikupinyadikupinya7 months ago
Thank you.

I hope Justice will return.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

well my wish came true i wanted to read 1 more about justice and the gang ty very much 5 stars as always

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x7 months ago

"In time, she became just another corrupt cog in an already corrupt bureaucracy." - While I can buy her "sleeping her way to the top," I find it hard to believe that she would ever have been given a position of authority, let alone rise as high as she did. The explanation that her witsec was TOO good was kinda meh.

\

"You might not have known about the tumor physically killing me, but you just didn't care," - Heck, if she knew, she would have just stayed around so that she could inherit.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Not as bad as the original 3 parter, but still bad.

Neptune60Neptune607 months ago

It’s a wonderful feeling being immersed in a Justice story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

AWESOME! ! I enjoy your stories and look forward to many more. JUSTICE was served and fittingly.

You are a superb story teller. Thank you for sharing your talents.

God Bless You and your family with all his bounties and the riches you deserve.

woodwardwoodward7 months ago

Very Very Well Done!

Karn9Karn97 months ago

As always a fantastic journey into the world of Saddletramp’s story’s! Thank you for another enjoyable read. 5*

lerenardruselerenardruse7 months ago

Damn, that was a mighty fine story, thank you for writing this chapter. Justice was served. This will be add to my favourites to read again. To the author, I hope you are well and recovered. May you continue to write amazing stories on this site.

JohnD46JohnD467 months ago

So glad you are feeling better. This was quite a story and I can see a lot more to come. I look forward to your stories. And I read you book on Eli. Great. Thank you

jrphdojrphdo7 months ago

I truly enjoy a lot of your stories but this one stands above most. 5 stars.

muttstermuttster7 months ago

I see you managed to get in your favorite "lasagna, full of cheese, meat, and mushrooms". Keep on a ritin.

MediocreGingerMediocreGinger7 months ago

Another favorite series added to the list. I absolutely love how you combine western, modern, mystery, drama, action, adventure, paranormal, and romance all in the same easily flowing works. So very well written and synced perfectly. Keep up the great work.

ribnitinribnitin7 months ago

All the characters acted very predictably. This lacked is the usual tension of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

@Crios, McDonald was born in 1852... Go back to page 7...

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol7 months ago

Thank you for this.

I appreciate the Universe you let us get peeks into.

-

Be well!

JzordayneJzordayne7 months ago

Looking forward to more stories from the Saddletramp universe. Anytime I see your name in my favorites feed I know I am in for an awesome adventure.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Love Dr. A, Eli, and Cameron stories... keep them coming.

Can you pit a quick list out of the Justice Universe in order to be read?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good job!

JPB

oldmanbill69oldmanbill697 months ago

Nuthin' better than a JOP story for sure!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The problem with these stories is exactly as Justice said. Can’t kill a man when he’s already dead. Takes away the drama and suspense.

doctrptdoctrpt7 months ago

FABULOUS! JUST Wonderful! BRAVO!

XluckyleeXluckylee7 months ago

As always 5 stars from Xluckylee

RanDog025RanDog0257 months ago

Excellent story Saddle Tramp! You never cease to amaze and dazzle me with your stories! Thank you. 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVS STARS!

SwordWielderSwordWielder7 months ago

One of your best stories. Thank you.

Sumnut96Sumnut967 months ago

EXCELLENT as usual. 5 stars DMW aka

CindyTVCindyTV7 months ago

Another masterpiece from ST, one of our favorite authors. 5 stars, once again!

OOAAOOAA7 months ago

NOW YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You did it again!! SUPER AMAZING FANTASTIC STORY ENDING!!!!!

SplitGeode66SplitGeode667 months ago

I loved thus story. 5 big stars!!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES