All Comments on 'Justin, We Need to Talk'

by StoneyWebb

Sort by:
  • 177 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Likeable story. Strange, when life drops lemons on you, how good the lemonade goes down. LP

etchiboyetchiboyalmost 3 years ago
So they BOTH were cheating.

Just lucky he came out ahead. Asshole might not have died, so Lois would now be worth hundreds of millions. Telco could have collapsed for whatever reason, perhaps a Russian computer virus. Jennifer could have become the shrew Lois had become.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

This is realistic: man finds out his wife doesn't love him, so he moves on before the divorce. Sometimes this happens a decade in advance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ok. Wifey was extremely rude and cruel, when she announced her divorce terms. The issue I have with these stories, is the ex husband always decides to be the better person, and turn the other cheek, so to speak. Both his ex wife and “ mortuary “ treated him like he was something stuck to their shoes. NO WAY a real man would have given her the time of day, much less danced with her, after what she did. There was no reason to allow her to try and clear her conscience, a conscience that was remarkably absent when she announced divorce terms. I have always looked at toxic relationships, like the American Grayling. It is a fish, that lives in cold, unpolluted streams. if the stream becomes polluted, the Grayling will either leave, or die. You can either leave, and not look back, or allow it to damage you. Don’t allow the other person the satisfaction of thinking you are still in their control. Break it off, and don’t give them the time of day, after that.

I gave it a 3, because I didn’t like hubbies reaction, to the whole thing.

Helen1899Helen1899over 2 years ago

Enjoyed a good well written story with a good ending.

LwcbyLwcbyover 2 years ago

I liked this story. Not that you care, but I’ve read five of your stories, two5s, one 4, and two 1s, I’m trying to figure out which of your stories are raac and which are your non bbt, but not as sucky as raccs. This one was pretty good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just another Narcissist bitch, that tries to trade up. I only gave it 3 stars, because I didn’t like her husbands reaction. For one thing, she was ignoring him and disrespecting him, from the first time she became ole’ boys personal whore. Hubby had money, WHY didn’t he get a pi on the case? I realize he fell in love with his secretary , after wifey started to pull away. But I do not think , based on her conversation with him when she said she wanted a divorce, that she ever rated the time of day, from him again. So only a 3, and I was generous.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm not a big fan of these fantasy endings where the ex is brought low and is full of remorse. Life rarely gives just desserts and people are rarely that insightful. But, I guess some adults still need to believe in fairy tales.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Liked the story especially when the gold digging, cheating, disrespecting spouse, no matter which one, is figuratively brought to their knees as life humbles them somehow. Well told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This an above average LW story. An average LW story has around $3 million at time of divorce (atod)

and around a 3 month hiatus before the mc scores a new chick (check it out for yourself). This one is $6 million atod and zero months. Not exceptional, but well above average.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I think it is important to learn from everything you try, in life. What I learned from reading the loving wives section, is that if you are married to a good looking, slim woman, she can go from nice, and loving, to Narcissist bitch, faster than a Hellcat can break the speed limit! There is a song, that says something along the lines of” if you want to be happy for the rest of your life, make sure you marry an ugly wife”. Based on what I read here, it would be much better to replace marriage with a “ leasing program” . In 5 years, if both parties agree, you renew the lease. Otherwise, you are no longer married. Child support would still factor in, but no alimony, or “ maintenance” , as they call it today. I have heard men refer to some women as “ high maintenance” Now I get it. $$$$$$ Btw- 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

He needed to run his new life in the ex. Nuts face a bit more. Let her know she was a waste of his time and effort. Like any greedy cunt, she only looked at her own needs. 5*

TheGreyWolf81TheGreyWolf81about 2 years ago

You don't need to burn the bitch; eventually, life will do that on its own because the grass is never greener on the other side of the fence. Burning the bitch is just a waste of time that better spent on moving on, win big, and let Karma do its thing.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 2 years ago

Finally a writer develops a cheating character that melds clueless with self absorbed behavior. BTRH...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Justin was the same cheating asshole his wife was. Both were complete pieces of shit, completely unlikable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Lois got hers, the stupid bitch. She thought her shit n she let asshole in her pissy. Justin didn't tell her he put the pork to Jennifer's pissy, and had a bun in her oven...When Lois belittled him when asking for the divorce, calling him a loser, she should have picked herself up off the floor...

LoejtcLoejtcabout 2 years ago

Probably more realistic than most LW stories. When one spouse becomes distant, avoids intimacy and behaves disrespectful and/or condescending it’s likely the other spouse will respond by seeking to fill the void one way or another. I’m not condoning either spouse’s behavior both were adulterers.

It was foolish for Jennifer to allow herself to become pregnant prior to Lois being served. It would be much wiser to delay until Justin straightens out his life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Funny and quite enjoyable

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A "civiised" parting, all of life is just two dice spinning in the air, scheduled landing we know not where

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

No one with clean hands here. Guess it's good both sets of cheaters got to marry quickly. Wouldn't have wanted the son to be born a bastard. I'm not sure why the ex-wife was doing all the apologizing during their last dance. She wasn't pregnant by her lover when they agreed to divorce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Awww,,,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just another silly wish-fulfillment story. Her confession that "you were too good for me" was something he heard in his daydreams and made me laugh.

DyspneiicDyspneiicalmost 2 years ago

Meh. Your other stories are better. I'm getting tired of the cheating wife falling for the rich CEO to become his Admin Assistant. Still 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That was lame. Justin knew she was a greedy Cunt from the beginning and yet still married her, so he gets what he deserves. Now for him being so nice to the Cunt at the end after what she did to him was really weak. He should have just laughed in her face and walked away to his much better woman Jennifer.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Narcissists don't apologize (not genuine apologies). No empathy. No remorse. No repentance. No accountability.

HMAuthorHMAuthorover 1 year ago

Fraught, not froth

Is it Augustus or August or Grant? You used all three names.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story, too bad it never works out that good for the non cheating husband..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just a story by the numbers. Absolutely nothing new.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

As Loving Wives stories go, this one had everything! She made her bed and he found happiness. Great story and well told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A great story & the bitch burned herself. Karma!!

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There are a few things I like about the Christmas season. Trimming the tree, drinking hot coco by the fire( maybe, with a shot of fireball in it) watching Christmas movies. But nothing is better, or warms my heart so, than to read about a Narcissist slut getting burned. Even better, when she does it to herself. 5 stars, and merry Christmas!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Both are cheaters. The husband is rewarded for his marital infidelity, and the wife is punished for hers. This is how StoneyWebb believes the universe should operate. Misogyny is alive and well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
Anony 12/8

Both were cheaters? Don't think so. How does one cheat on a spouse who has already pulled away from the marriage and doing her lover who is 22 years older? He can't because she already broke the covenant. Marriage vows only work if both parties abide by them. Once one strays, the other becomes a free agent unless the covenant is reestablished by agreement by both parties. Otherwise, it's a one sided relationship where one is the winner and the other is just a fool.

This is a simple case of a spouse wanted to trade up by any means possible. She rolled the dice and lost. Granted lots of times the woman wins. Thinking of three who have done that two have been married up multiple times, but are neither are satisfied. The other did decently at first, but in the end died fairly young under mysterious circumstances. They all increased their bottom line, but I don't know if any of them ever found love. I guess may the Beatles were right: Can't Buy Me Love.

In this story, the wife kind of end up like the third one in my example. She didn't die, but her dreams of riches and the high society life were somewhat diminished due to the death of her cheating Mr. Moneybags. Can't say she lost out completely. She still has her Country Club life, but her social status has been reduced. What she doesn't have is love. She remarried, but her marriage seems to be one of necessity rather than of love.

The story the author wrote follows a common thought about marriages. First marriages are about love. Then when the financial hard times hits, some marriages don't survive. Subsequent marriages tend to be about stability. True, this common thought is older when first marriages the couples were very young. Maybe times have changed? Who knows?

Still it's a great story. Full marks.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

Just a waste of space really what was the point?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Security bigshot but didn't know what his whoring wife was upto!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Both cheating spouses....pointless story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Too nice an ending. At least he should have told her off.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story. He didn't even try to obliterate her with a flame thrower for her affair. Just, I found someone who will make a good wife and mother. Bye, Bye.

Helen1899Helen1899about 1 year ago

I read it over a year ago and left a good review. I don't think I really took it all in, like I have this time. Two cheaters, one treated desplicably, the other like a hero, seems like this author is biased against women.

Dumbguy69Dumbguy69about 1 year ago

Written terribly almost wooden. Also I agree with Helen1899.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a mess she created. Because of the high society. I can not understand how people remarry so many times and think that it is going to last.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why even dance with the cheating skank slut? It doesn't make him a bigger man, or prove he had some hidden character quality. Should have brushed her off and told her to stay away and not embarrass him, just as she had requested several years ago.

Lowrider2020Lowrider2020about 1 year ago

A very good read, for entertaining me you get five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Terribly written

HighBrowHighBrow11 months ago

Femdom agitprop is exhausting.

MarkT63MarkT6311 months ago

Good Karma story...

StruckwrongStruckwrong10 months ago

Standard Karma is like a lift for the day.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Always love it when a cheating/ unappreciating spouse gets theirs figuratively up the ass.

Never ceases to amaze me that HighBrow always comments on stories, no matter how good they are, with his Femdom agitprop remark. Must be a very “special” person.

… 4 stars. Bob

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Better Ending: "Can I borrow your husband for a dance?" Jennifer looked at Lois with disgust and contempt. 'Fuck off you cheating skank slut. You ever approach my husband again and I'll break every bone in your body." Jennifer shrank back and looked to Justin for help. She received none. "Sorry whore, we have no time for a lying piece of shit like you. I heard you got stiffed by your John and you didn't earn nearly as much money fucking him as you thought you would. Such a shame, but since you're an experienced whore, you should have any trouble making enough money. Now beat it skank, and don't ever approach me again." Lois turned sobbing and stumbled away. Justin and Jennifer laughed and laughed. Nobody would ever find out they'd poisoned fuck wad August Grant.

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice9 months ago

Great story, loved everything about it. I am amused by some of the commenters wanting a flaming BTB story. I think a large part of the reason for the high ratings is that your story did not go over the top on BTB. Seems like a lot of people have not figured out that the opposite of love is not hate. The opposite is indifference. Justin's attitude at the end of the story truly demonstrated he was happy with his life, in a way that having him go flamethrower on his ex would not have supported.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Both of them were cheaters. So it's hard to feel anything for either, only by painting Lois as a cold hearted money grubbing social climber was the reader distracted from the fact that the MC was all those too.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Agree with the comment below. The MC was a cheating dirtbag that'd gotten his slut secretary pregnant before filing for divorce. We're meant to laugh at his ex wife for being a fool, but where was the MC when her love was being stolen. It's easy to paint his ex as a gold digging social climber, but the MC knew what he was buying when he married her. He had the resources to keep her, but the secretary took all his interest away.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

What didn't work for me here was when Lois walked into the club with husband #3 looking thin and gaunt Jennifer knew all about everything that had gone on in Lois's life over the past couple of years yet Justin was completely in the dark. Don't this couple ever have a conversation? Didn't Jennifer ever think that maybe Justin would be interested to learn that the bloke his ex ran off with to marry was now dead? There were other things that would have been of interest too even if just to gloat over karma paying a visit to Lois. I was interested in the commenters who called the MC a cheating dirtbag, While technically he was cheating it was clear that the marriage was dead in the water as demonstrated by the fact that Justin had divorce papers ready to hand over to his wife. Jennifer took a huge, unwise risk by getting pregnant before Justin had ended his marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Thanks for not making the MC a martyr. or clueless. Had more than enough of those.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Sounds like 2 cheaters getting a divorce... one made out like a bandit... the other got robbed by her own doing.

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore19818 months ago

Well the anon that posted 21 hours ago is correct this was a story about 2 cheaters getting a divorce as it even stated that now him and Jennifer can get married before there baby was born means he was cheating on her as well the difference between the 2 is she tried to be a cold hearted bitch while giving him a divorce in his favor but still being cold and nasty but ended up burning herself now that is karma lol

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Those who have a spouse so untrue fuck them first before they fuck you. A mission statement that sums up this story. No "good guys" in this... I still liked it because mi HATE gold diggers;

tralan69ertralan69er7 months ago

@Helen1899

I read it over a year ago and left a good review. I don't think I really took it all in, like I have this time. Two cheaters, one treated despicably, the other like a hero, seems like this author is biased against women. - Although they were both cheaters, Justin tried to pull her back into the marriage. Lois was blind to actions and was pulled further away by Grant.

That makes Justin a good guy and Lois is a bitch.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Grass is always greener on the other side, till it isnt. And a woman can go from friendly to a total bitch, with no conscience, faster than a speeding bullet.... 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Helen 1899- Wifey had already left the marriage. As other stories have said, once she cheats the husband feels his obligation to be faithful is null and void. Now.... It’s Christmas season Helen. Time to go add a few more cats to your one bedroom apartment, while the shelter is stocked....

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Gotta love spellcheck. Although I admit that some of my jobs, like Justin's, have been "froth with problems".

tralan69ertralan69er5 months ago

How can a cheater be cheated upon.

They can't be, as they have already broken the vow leaving it wide open for the cheated on.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A pretty good tale. The pacing was fine. Four stars.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Ya gotta love that bitch named Karma.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A nice relatively short &it has an actual ending which seems to be missing in many tales. 5 stars.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I've never had a real hard-on but for one person in my life (no ex-wives), but I found a phrase from one of Mario Puzo's novels that "Revenge is a dish best enjoyed cold." One can cool off, and yet carry a willingness to inflict revenge, if the chance is ever offered, without paying the price of maintaining a hot hate (a very expensive luxury that few can afford). I never got the chance to pay the SOB back, and now I can't get to him in the grave, and I'm OK with that, but in a situation the main character found himself at the dance, I'm sure I'd have slipped in repeated verbal shivs until "Lois" had all she could take walked away.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

All these people commenting about how the MC wasn't a dirtbag cheater. Perhaps they read a different story. I read one where the MC professed to want to make the marriage work, yet turned out he was shagging his secretary. At exactly what point was he going to ask for a divorce? How many weeks pregnant was she?

However you want to cut it, the second he was bareback in his secretary when she wasn't on contraception it's already too late. Or was the secretary also a gold digging pregnancy trapping whore? Or perhaps he was going to turn around if the wife decided she wanted to make a go of it and ditch secretary and his bastard child??

Sometimes a writer can be too clever for their own good. Story is far too dirty, it's impossible to see who the good guys are.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Exactly how long had his emotional affair with the secretary been going on for before it turned physical enough for them to stop caring, or planning perhaps, for a baby. How exactly was that trying to save his marriage??

Dont tell me that his ongoing affair didn't impact upon his own marriage. Likewise, don't tell me that he's not a tight wad. No way that a loving husband in an equal relationship doesn't inform or shower his wife with the fruits of his good fortune.

Honestly, if it weren't for her horrible comments I'd be on the ex's team.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Thank you for not only writing an impressive 5⭐️ story but one that lifted my spirits after a lousy depressing month. I appreciate it and you totally rock!

Lexx

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Ugh, TWO cheater story where one profits. A Lot. Me no like.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Hard to distinguish who has the moral high ground as they are both cheaters. Both were ready to serve the other. Both were trying to take advantage of the situation. I mean the mc didn't know for certain that Lois was already sleeping with August. And what if she was readying to ask for forgiveness and that she was willing to try counseling etc? Jennifer is already knocked up. What a mess.

consulting91consulting91about 2 months ago

Not sure how much I like any of these characters. They were all cheating and part of the problem.

But a good story because I got invested and really wanted to know what was happening next.

AnonymousAnonymous25 days ago

Looks like the author Stoney was trying to include some unexpected turns. These turns serve to make the MC look prepared. The purpose seems to be to protect him from looking like a weak, witless, cuckold. I have always thought that those who react to a surprise by saying that they saw it coming and had an alternative plan were just filled with BS—they were idle until the other person made their move. They are more witless than the person who is blindsided and steamrolled, but then stands to their feet and finds credible ways to deal with the hand they have been dealt. When we discover that the MC has his own plans, I no longer had empathy for him. He was going to dump his wife anyway. He just took the better offer. Nothing worth spending emotional capital on.

I didn’t like the first wife. Her admissions while dancing are too little, too late. But some people are just like that. The second wife had no endearing qualities. The anger of the Augustus character is out of place because none of the emotional elements work in this story. The twists in fortune need to increase the emotional elements, not diminish them.

Alright, so writers need to write in order to learn. This story falls a little short, but I think Stoney has good potential. I’ll be back to read more.

AnonymousAnonymous15 days ago

I love the stories where the wife trades up and loses big time in the end. Good story.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous