All Comments on 'Karen Pt. 05 - Conclusion'

by ThickAsThieves

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
BBeinhartBBeinhartover 5 years ago
Very atmospheric

The hints of the past affecting the present are well done and Andrea Millhouse is an interesting character - sexy, too. You make some strange narrative choices, though.

Why is the story called Karen? It could also have been called Garmin - the thing gets mentioned more often than Karen in the later chapters.... or am I missing something? ☝🏻😏 5 stars, in any case.

burlysmithburlysmithover 5 years ago
Conclusion!!! @#$%^&*????

Need to continue this and get some true closure for the characters. Karen - why????

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent

I wasn't sure at first, but this story grew on me. Well done, and thank you.

c50chrisc50chrisover 5 years ago
Some (hopefully) constructive criticism

THIS is the way to end a multi part story!!

"Karen Pt. 05 - Conclusion"

I can't tell you how many stories have crushed me when the author just stops, with no notice, and no resolution.

On the other hand...

"Here's a story"

"Here's the next part of the story"

"The story continues"

WHAT'S THE STORY ABOUT???

So I didn't read this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Excellent story

You almost had me crying at the final paragraph. A tragic loss of her lover. Based on the other negative comments, it looks to me like some American readers are not too bright!

ThickAsThievesThickAsThievesabout 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you

3-18-19

Thanks everyone for all your comments - constructive criticism makes for a better writer, even if it isn't always praise...

I wrote this story over several months during a time of extreme duress in my life,

- writing is, in my opinion, an escape as well as a vehicle for inner self discovery, and it proved to be so during the creation of this fictional piece.

Some of the characters in the story are fictional and some are (were) real people and even though I had a general outline of the story, at it's conception, I still hadn't worked out all the details when I began writing, historical dates, times, places, etc.

Just start writing and the story will tell itself - I profess.

Initially I had planned, at story's end, to be involved with the character "Karen" , a delightful and sincere lady that has immersed herself into her professional career as an avoidance to dealing with her own emotional turmoil of divorce. A physically attractive and sensual lady, Karen is still trying to put all the pieces back together within her own world and although finding the character "Tim" intriguing, Karen is far from being ready to open her heart to anyone at this stage of her life.

Accordingly, as often seems to be the case with real life, the lady "I set-out to get" (Karen in this case), eventually becomes a life-long, dear and trusted, platonic friend, whereas the woman which I pay the least attention to somehow becomes an intricate part of my life - enter Andrea Millhouse.

An extroverted, compulsive and energetic, over achiever, Andrea Millhouse is a person that "Likes to go fast!" and from all outside appearances, pretty much has things within her own sphere "under control." Her physical beauty isn't lost on her but something she spends little time contemplating. As with Karen, Andrea's marriage has long since ended in failure and thus, shaking to the core, her self esteem and her own belief system regarding romantic relationships - emotions she is able to neatly avoid with vigorous physical exercise and a social event calendar full of appointments. After a lifetime of hard work within the Real-Estate industry Andrea is looking forward to an early retirement of travel, leisure and dabbling in Real-Estate whenever she feels like it.

The more that I began to explore the character "Andrea Millhouse" , the more I became intrigued with her until she finally jumped off the page (or monitor in this case) and seduced me, whether intentional or not on her part, I'm not really sure. I suspect it was a combination of both, and I am a sophisticated enabler. Seemingly when many of us don't want a relationship we find ourselves within the whirlwind of a wild and out of control romance. Andrea Millhouse and the character "Tim" would not appear to be at all compatible which logically suggests that they would be perfect for one another, in all of their imperfections...

Literotica is a fun way to express one's own thoughts and fantasies of being an actual writer, it is unfortunate that a piece cannot be edited, once posted as I would now have entitled the piece "Stony Brook," upon it's completion. But as Andrea Millhouse would undoubtedly say

"You're over-thinking things again, Tim."

Maybe she'd be right...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Why Karen?

This is a perfect prelude to a novella, just don't know how Karen figures into it. Sorry you called it a conclusion as there was a lot more scope to actually do the erotica thing with Lisa Karen. Enjoyed it anyway, hope you round it out

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 5 years ago
Very Good

story. A little different, but that is good. Well written and perhaps even captivating. Thanks for sharing.

Tim

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
More... More... More Chapters !!!!

Someone help me out. Am I right to assume that the man Rick Sheffield is Tim & Ricky's real father? Could the man in the picture be the man Tim sat on his lap in the hospital with key ring on his belt at the hospital when Ricky was born, be why she named him Ricky? Hope we get more chapter !!!

HragsHragsover 3 years ago

Don't hate when stories leave u hanging?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThickAsThieves@ThickAsThieves
Just a guy in Alaska that likes to write periodically. The characters in my stories are real women, some are still among us and sadly, some no longer are. All of them were (are) special and beautiful in more ways than one. Peace!

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Karen Pt. 04 Previous Part
Karen Series Info