All Comments on 'Karma's a Bitch & Then Someone Dies'

by woodmanone

Sort by:
  • 75 Comments
The NavigatorThe Navigatorabout 14 years ago
Powerful

Woodmanone, you're the man! Well developed characters. Good plot. Well written. Just needed some minor but critical editing. Your stories stand out and I'm looking forward to your next one.

Wolfman73Wolfman73about 14 years ago

Bloody good read mate. As good as the rest of your work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Another Hit

Congrats for yet another hit. Good, entertaining story with believable characters. I always look for your name in the new stories before even looking at the category or plot line because I know the story will be good.

I have only one nitpick: given that the hero is quite comfortable financially, he would have retained his own attorney to begin with, rather than using a PD. So, you could have mentioned that his VN buddies told him to wait because they knew that John Kendall would take the case.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
you've become a good writer,but a asshole

i'm a government employee and a disable vet.so why judge all as one.somebody poison your mind or is it the color of the president.think before you open your mouth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Dickhead

this author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Excellent story!

There are some writing flaws, here and there, but it doesn't prevent me from giving the story six or seven stars, out of five.

-- KK in Texas

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
BRAVO # 55

This is a great story.The subtlety the author uses to give us insights into the motivations of the various characters allows readers time to appreciate the point he is making .Author does not hit you over the head restating the obvious,but,rather allows the reader to digest the details.This author has become much more proficient in his story telling.A very enjoyable read!

morefunnmorefunnabout 14 years ago
Great Story

Well done and Oh Raah.

Pay back is a bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Great Story

I'm not a believer in physical violence, after all vengence is mine saith the Lord; however, neither am I averse to kicking ass if my family is involved. You didn't have to justify your actions to me. The fucktards had a choice, it's up to them to face the consequences.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Another fine story by Woodmanone

Fine story as usual proving because you're older doesn't necessarilly mean you're incompetent. Also supports the contention that thugs are vicious but also stupid. Thanks Woodmanone, another great story.

60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Fine writting but an awful story

A racist is someone who classifies everyone based on the color of their skin. What are you? You classify everyone based on their politics - liberal: stupid, arrogant, incompetent, wanting the government to tell them what to do. A racist has no depth of character and neither does your hero! I like to see the bad guys get their butts kicked. So I liked that. I am a registered republican in the US and a conservative, but I don't need to hear simple minded political babble to make a story work. The writing was wonderful, but the story was second rate because you dumbed down the story with political diatribe. If I want to listen dumbed down stories, I can tune in to idiots like Glen Beck on cable.

Vulcan_in_OhioVulcan_in_Ohioabout 14 years ago
Another good story by a master story-teller. . .

Despite a few writing errors, this was a very good read. Some of the nasty comments seem to be from individuals who forget that this is only a story, FICTION, and take it personally and badly, to boot. Our hero is definitely a sympathetic character. His family was attacked multiple times by people who can not be rehabilitated, who care nothing for human life nor for society's rules. Yes, he intended to provoke an attack each time he confronted the thugs, but so what? It was their criminal intent each time that resulted in violence being turned back on them. He definitely gave them several chances and they blew it.

"Head shots" always look bad (when claiming self-defense) because we see so much in the news about "execution-style" killings, where the victim(s) is/are shot in the head at point blank range with no chance. The two bad guys drew knives and tried to kill him over insults and beer in their faces. Maybe they could be justified trying with their fists but drawing deadly weapons in the bar made their deaths justifiable, as the jury concluded (and as did I). I think Nate did the right things for his family.

Not sure how he could have managed it had the punks been part of a gang -- it's no fun looking over your shoulder for the rest of your life, wondering when someone initiating into gang membership will surprise you and take you out. And one other thing, possibly the author is a fan of Tom Clancy's? If so, it makes sense that a person named "Mr. Clark" is the ex-military man taking out the bad guys . . . We saw the same sort of thing in the story, "Without Remorse," by TC. Thanks for writing.

nyminusnyminusabout 14 years ago
I love to read your stories and especialy ones

about right and wrong. We have such a big problem in America with a brain washed liberal population and with the law in general. You set the record straight. Good show NYMINUS

nyminusnyminusabout 14 years ago
Hey Mister annonouse ( or is that miss?

You are showing your liberal bias. It's no wonder why the country is so fucked up with you liberals in command. For the record you just made the shit comment about me. And you can go perform an impossible sexual act on yourself. Just because you dick is only two inches long it's no reason to take the woodman to task, I wish I could teach you a lesson but it's hard to hit someone whose curled up on the floor and crying for OBAMA to save them NYMINUS

bruce22bruce22about 14 years ago
Gripping Story

There was not much that the protagonist could do other than kill the stupid bastards. He let himself be distracted by his sister-in-law's desire to live in a dream, but he knew as many of us know that there is no tomorrow. Perhaps what she paid the price for helped the jury to come to the correct decision.

I have always been bothered by the fact that when bullys lean on you, you have to accept it, and sometimes even that does not satisfy them. But if you "overreact" and take a pipe to someone outweighing you by 50% then you are in the wrong.... So at those moments, if you can keep your cool like this man did and provoke the fools into playing a bad hand. But personally, the idea of hurting them as fast as possible would be on my program, and I always ended up getting detention..... But I do not believe that anything to do with my liberal politics, it is a question of personal politics and the moment that your world includes little kids these two worlds should instantly separate...

bruce22bruce22about 14 years ago
Addendum

Woody you are a fine write! I let myself be distracted by the commentators.

Thanks for your hard work.

mike2710mike2710about 14 years ago
Thank you

Great story, thank you. Mike from Texas

vietvetvietvetabout 14 years ago
A band of brothers:

Truly a story with the virtues I and most of my broyhers in arms agree with.

Two toure in Nam. 1965 and 1967.

Good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Another Masterpiece Author

Excepting all the guns, fighting, shooting, and nasty idjits which I liked the thing I liked best was the lack of politics.<P>

Just base reactions to dumber than dirt symbols of the lower food chain which exists in our society who would be good people if we had given their parents everything they wanted including free counseling and sterilizations.<P>

I say we take the criminals guns away and give them to the responsible citizenry like you and I.<P>

Great work - you are looked forward to.

vietvetvietvetabout 14 years ago
Just read anons crap

A lying pervert. just because you claim to be conservative you lie as your further statements show. go back yo sucking on Berry Obama's thingie and get your dose of government propaganda.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
An entertaining story

Not much more than a right wingnut's wet dream, but then most of the stories here are just for jacking off so it fits right in. Well written, good character development, good pace. It's a fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
haha

right wing nuts wetdream? as opposed to a left wing nuts wetdream? i like this story because it was dark, violent and to the point, no bullshit. you can talk about all those lofty moral views against violence and murder, but that shit isnt gonna stop the criminals out there nor will it protect you or your family. violence happens and its a part of everyday life and no, people cant just get along and no, its not our fault or the conservatives or whoevers fault. some people are just made that way-im not necessarily talking about sociopaths but they are a fine example of violence. that fact of the matter is, you can blame whoever the fuck you want or have whatever retarded opinion because thats what makes us human. and lastly, if you dont like MY opinion, well, you can go fuck yourself :)

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 14 years ago
WHY all the politcal commentary in the story?

What is most shocking about this story is the number or readers don't understand the political commentary within the story. They seem to think that because the main character is developed as a rather black-and-white ....right or wrong... Yes or no.... Type of character/ man and is a hard driven experienced combat veteran... if this somehow reflects the authors political commentary.

I mean unless the reader is a god dam fucking idiot -- and clearly some of you are-- it's obvious that the political commentary while simplistic fits right in with the character development. <b> Surely nobody can think that th political views expressed by this character are somehow or another the authors. </b> That might be the case but for all we know this author could be a flaming Obama Liberal supporter.

And if that is the case that would be fine. I have no problem with the politics of this story because it's obvious that the political commentary no matter how Glenn Beck like is entirely consistent with the character development.

Good story.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 14 years ago
Politics?

I have to agree with HIV. A writer creates characters. Sometimes they reflect the writer's POV, and sometimes they do not. If a writer has a cheating husband, or a wimpy husband, it does not mean the writer is either of those things. That is how fiction works. It does help the reader learn about the character that has been created. Woodmanone made this character very consistent. The character's beliefs are certainly not uncommon among Viet veterans, as well as many others. I can watch a Bruce Willis movie, or a Ben Affleck movie and not consider their personal politics, and they are poles apart, politically. Entertainment is all it is. I have read that "Avitar" has a few political agendas, but I didn't see it. I did see some good entertainment, but nothing more. This was an enjoyable read....good entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
Let's give feedback on the story and not the CHARACTER's politics......

The comments are almost as entertaining as the story was. I am no great woodmanone fan I try to evaluate each story on its own merits. It seems that the people who dislike this story dislike the politics involved not the quality of the writing. The character development was strong and consistant, there were good guys and bad guys. The timing of the telling was consistant, no overly slow or rushed spots. If I had any criticism it would be listing the story in the mature section. The biggest weakness I found in the story telling was that woodmanone had to ignore the poliltics of carrying a firearm in Santa Clara (my hometown), but if he had deal with those difficulties/impossibilities the story would have become way too political. This wasn't the usual stuff found on literotica but I certainly enjoyed this. anon jerry

DeckviewDeckviewabout 14 years ago
I agree with Harry that politcs are natual in a story, BUT

the politcs were so shallow the hero came off as a one dimensional cartoon character. Fun to read as a fantasy, a good enough story, but without depth of character, certainly didn't cause me to emotionally identify, and thus, not a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago
honor

OK, this was simply a story, don't try to read any politics into it. I liked the story simply because I could relate with the main character. I'm a retired marine, and believe in peace, until pushed then.... Anyway, it is a story, the character is like the hero of the old west. Bad guys cause trouble, good guy comes into town, solves problem, then leaves. ITS A STORY!. OH, I wouldn't use a kimber, I only shoot CQB's made by Wilson Combat, and I'm ranked as a master in IDPA (internation defensive pistol association).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 14 years ago

Somehow the story sounded like it was explained by the Liberal supprting DA o.O

all gravy no meat. :(

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Yeah!

Nothing against liberals but their principles can only exist in a perfect world and by definition if you need those principles it aint a perfect world. Turning the other cheek mean you get slapped more often on BOTH cheeks.

oldwayneoldwayneover 13 years ago
HIV and HDK - I agree with both of them...but

I won't belabor the points they have already made. I think you have written just an outstanding story, Woodmanone! I am just about to declare myself a fan, but wouldn't want to besmirch a good writers reputation by offering my support. In any case, thank you so much for a first class story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
what matters is where you a demo or repo,we're american

we miss so much fighting about dumbshit.keep fighting demo and the rich keep getting richer.demo not backing c of c where your jobs are going overseas.c of c getting their money from china and that where your jobs are going.get away from the haters and back america.(d or r)fox and msnbc news get rich on lies.be a leader not a follower.disable vets,med care and social sec are government run.so you know i'm a disable vet.all this b/s started with the new pres,no the south isn't going to rise again.

hawkeye0007hawkeye0007about 13 years ago
Excellent

I would have done the thing!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
pay back is a bitch

so you are a hawk, as I am. well done. we need men who won't allow punks to do harm to their families.

vietvetvietvetabout 13 years ago
AMEN:

The only thing I can say of velue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
sumpin most civilians dont realize

we have a whole nation of 65 and younger that are combat experienced old men, and now w the sandbox conflicts we gots a new breed coming on. We gots to make sure we'uns keep our weapons, we'uns are really the only tru protection this country has.

Now I will say this for Zeke, he offered them a chance, but maybe he didn't make the lesson good enough to make a lasting impression.

Me --am not so nice--I would have crushed their right hands bad snough that they would have to learn to jack off with their left. and would hafe displsced the knee caps on both legs

Bottom line..dont fuck w an old man he not fight you he just kill you, baring that he mess you so bad you regret living the rest of your life

normally I sign my statements, but cause the uber liberals out there and Homeland security, iaint gonna. Besides I am alrady on several of their lists, and if not I damn well should be

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
old sarge

you are a hawk, as I am. I am 82 years old and still feel like you do. anyone hurts one of mine, dig a hole and crawl in. pray I don't find you. limp wristed liberals are one our nations biggest problems.

lonewolf3307lonewolf3307almost 13 years ago
Life goes on..... well, not for everybody!

Now, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout. Excellent, terrific, outstanding and any other adjective you can think of, that's what I feel about this story. I mean what's not to like about a 60+ year old Vietnam war veteran kicking some serious ass. I'll tell you what, NOTHING. Tremendous versatility on your part to write such a great story. Keep up the great work.

GualterioGualterioalmost 13 years ago
Nice story - unusual genre

I enjoyed the story but usually the mature genre is for old-young relationships isn't it?

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 12 years ago
Protection is a RIGHT in this country -

Not a privilege people can take away as they see fit -

Was he ruthless no he was calculated and dedicated to a simple ideal - protect those he loves. There is a major difference - the punks were ruthless, and cruel and stupid.

Stupidity used to be a fatal disease - we protect the stupid so much now they live to reproduce.

RePhilRePhilover 12 years ago
Always Faithful

Frontier Justice! YES SIR!

cantbuymycantbuymyover 12 years ago
just a note

a master sgt is an E8 pay grade. A first sgt is an E8 pay grade; different duties. they are the same rank, slight different duties. SGM is an E9.

loved thes story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
EXCELLENT

WHAT ABOUT BUBBA; YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT SOMETHING IN CLOSING ABOUT BUBBA. I ENJOYED YOUR STORY AND BOY DID YOU HIT THE LIBERAL THING RIGHT ON THE NOSE. YOU DON'T HAVE TO GO PAST THE US ATORNEY GENERAL HOLDER AND OBAMA TO SEE THE MANUPLATION BASED ON WHAT HE THINKS; NOT WHAT THE LAW IS.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Loved the truth of this story

As a retired Police Captain and a State, National, and International LEO Instructer, I really appreciated the truths brought out in this story. Too often have I seen people victimized, first by the criminal element, and then by the system. Too often have I heard badly trained and uncaring Cops from other jurisdictions (believe me none of our guys and gals would EVER say this) tell victims, "There's nothing I can do." Your hero is a man after my own heart. We have waayyy too much LAW in this country today, and not nearly enough JUSTICE. Keep up the great story telling and we, your fan base, will keep reading.

javadog11javadog11over 11 years ago
GOOD STORY

As an old jarhead I loved the story. Just goes to show you, don't get old vet upset.

lovetopleasewomenlovetopleasewomenover 11 years ago
Excellent story....

I think and would do the same......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
good for him

good for him. takes cops up to 30 minutes to get to someone's house. takes but a second to defend youself with a 45. If you are lucky enough to have a KIMBER, good for you. they shoot first time every time. THANK YOU

fanfarefanfareabout 10 years ago
pretensions

Woodman, another well-crafted story, quality writing with clever imagineering.

Guns do not kill people, bullets kill people. Some comedian commented that ammunition should have to be sold at some outrageous price, like a thousand dollars a round or something. Firearms used by family members are one of the major causes of wounding or death for children and women.

And for you reactionary apes who think you are the only cowboy in town. Many, many years ago, when I was active in the anarcho-syndicalist movement, I was a maintenance worker for a large apartment complex. One of the apartments was rented by a Congressman who was running for a Presidential nomination. The Secret Service interviewed me, if I had any hostile intentions.

Well hell no, I actually liked the guy, he was pretty down to earth for a politician and his wife always treated us employees with kind words and generous tips. So I explained to the Secret Service agents that I had no intentions of harming any of the tenants. That I had to pay for my own bullets, and on the salary I got in those days, good ammo was fucking expensive! So I told them that I have never met a politician worth a twenty-five cent bullet. They understood and went away and never bothered me again.

Later I was talking to the Congressman and his wife, who had lots of experience in Washington. About that interview and my response. The Congressman got a sour look on his face, probably thinking what a loss of a publicity event, my not shooting at him. And missing of course. Meanwhile his wife starting giggling, then chortling and as he dragged her away, laughing at loud. I'm certain she was thinking of all the assholes she had known in her political career and how deserving they were of 'Direct Action'.

I have been unable to make up my mind. Would I prefer to have a monument built to Dr, Guillotine? Or, Colonel Richard Rumbold? Which would you prefer?

rightbankrightbankabout 10 years ago
Calvary

is a Bible mentioned mountain in the middle east.

The cavalry comes to the rescue, on horses..

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Good For Him!

I really enjoyed this story. Like this story, I also believe a man has the right to protect his family. The police and our justice system is all too often unable to help a family. What would have happened to this law-abiding family if they did not have a relative that actually believed in justice. I am not a vigilante, but I firmly believe that a person has a right and a duty to protect his family - whatever it takes. Were the criminals treated unfairly--who cares. They got what they deserved. Thank you for a very enlightening story.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
RULE #1....IF YOU MESS WITH SOMEONES FAMILY

you have lost all your protection. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
True american justice

You hinted at the right answer but read the constitution and the background talks that go with it. My right of protection covers my family and my property and my neighbors. the police are a backup so that I do not have to sit on my porch with a shotgun on my knee. It gives government a share in those rights but NEVER strips any of it from me. That is just government that wants to be over all things.

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
karma 2nd

please refer to my final comment on my 1st reading. 5*

Ed Grocott

edgrocott@gmail.com

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
isn't karma a bitch

This fits right in with your best westerns. Sherrif does not always wear a badge. My tv has been out of action for three days and i have read all your westerns and several of your other works. I am impressed to say the least. I believe with a bit of polish and a good editor your westerns would make a very good western family history fiction trilogy. I would certainly pay money for them so i could read them on a rainy day like visiting old and close friends.

Keep up the great work. I will watch for new works by you and will read them eagerly.

David H

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 8 years ago
his first mistake

The first thing he did wrong?

Live in California.

The liberals who have become the ruin of it have set it up so that if a home invasion robber kicks in your front door you are expected to run out the back door.

In more reasonable places all you need to do is make sure that the bodies land inside your door.

SelqSelqalmost 8 years ago
Great story

Woodmanone,

To be able to generate this much vitriol in the comments is fantastic.

5 stars, easily

DrSemblanceDrSemblanceover 7 years ago

Very well done, Woodman.

@TwoCrows

Aint that the truth, mate. I had the unfortune of having to spend time in the states, specifically The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia

Not only are you expected to run out the back door if invaders go in the front, but you better not leave any kids toys laying around for them to trip on. Otherwise they can sue you (and win) for a million pounds.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Books

I have to agree with everything you said and did. Ii am X military and I would do anything to protect them.

You should have a go at writing a novel.

All your stories are great.

Perhaps they could be expanded on, or create new characters.

Keep up the terrific stories

Allen Simpson

allen.simpson1@bigpond.com

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 6 years ago
Oh Lord

just once in my life let me be on such a jury that I may set a good man free.

sas6446sas6446over 5 years ago
WOW!!!

Great story!!! I have a great son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter. God help the ass-wipe the hurt them...or tried to hurt them!

Left-wing-nuts always act and talk SO self-righteous! You gotta wonder how they would respond if something like this happened to them...shoe on the other foot and such!!!!

phil2213phil2213about 5 years ago
Great story well written

This story could be the outline to a great hit movie production. The only thing wrong with it is its brevity. In all fairness all great stories should go on and on and never stop. Thank you for your effort and the great uplifting feel good story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
HOW CAN I GIVE THIS MORE THAN A 5?....

No sex and yet the love literally jumps off the page. Great to see scum get what's coming to them.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
great story

I was expecting a story with sex and titillations but instead found a story I could not stop reading until the end. Excellent writing, Excellent story. This could be made into a great movie easily.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
life lesson

Don't jack with an old man you don't know, he may not be particularly inclined to put up with your foolishness . Western Guy

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Almost a five

but there was too much political bullshit...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Anon 11/2/20 political bull???

To often politcal reality is supressed.

Life and liberty should be defended at every point.

We have become apathetic about this.

History shows us what happens next.

No freedom at all till a generation sacrifices their lives for freedom.

Why would they do that??

Because life without freedom is no life at all.

jsch1947jsch1947about 3 years ago

Nate Clark is a rich and colorful character.

If ever there was a character worth building a series around, he is one.

waifwaifover 2 years ago

A wise old saying;

Never fuck with a senior citizen because at that age the idea of life in prison is not much of a deterrent.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 2 years ago

Self defense is a good plea. Well done.

jenellesljenelleslabout 2 years ago

He proved again that Old Age and Treachery will overcome Youth and Enthusiasm.

Well done.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanalmost 2 years ago

Ok story. Just a thought about a similar story line EXCEPT 1. the Jury comes back the next day all wearing relatives Military Uniforms with Medals, Decorations. The courtroom, unnoticed by Judge or DA is completely filled with Veterans all in uniform. For overkill--- Perhaps the DA, Judge and complaining person all find on their table an anonymous computer printed lists of all their relatives with addresses and the last line says NO appeals.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I may be a liberal, but I recognize justice. Well done!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

Great story! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

mariverzmariverzabout 1 year ago

I may be justice, but I recognize liberals. Well done!

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyabout 1 year ago

Thanks for the enjoyable story, woodmanone! Just a little technical detail. At 400 yards you are not out of harms way if your opponent uses an AK47 with original, military grade ammunition.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwoodmanone@woodmanone
I believe age and cunning will overcome youth and enthusiasm every time. Being some what of an egomaniac I believe my stories are very interesting. Only the readers can verify or disprove that premise. Several of my stories are based on my own experience or most have a little ...

SIMILAR Stories