Kate Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Take it easy, Mark," he now very cautiously pled, "Please...I don't want any trouble with you."

"You're damned right you don't," I harshly replied, withdrawing my weapon and stepping back so that he could stand, "I'll call you tomorrow with the numbered account in the Grand Caymans that you're to deposit my money in; and then when I've received confirmation of deposit, I'll board the plane to Colombia, agreed?"

"Agreed," he said, brushing himself off as he stood, "I'll see you when you get back," and then I turned and calmly walked out of his office. However after getting on the elevator which took me to the ground floor, I walked out of the building with a satisfied smile on my face.

The only thing that gave me the courage to do what I'd done that day was knowing that the next time I saw that piece of shit; he was going to be sitting with his attorney at the defendant's table in a Federal courtroom.

~~~~~~

"So; how'd it go?" Uncle John asked, "Did he give you any shit about the money?"

"He tried to at first," I grinned, "But after I shoved the muzzle of my pistol up his nose for cussing me, he changed his tune."

"Good," he chuckled, "There's a two hour layover in Miami, Florida after you leave Nashville tomorrow, right before the plane goes on to Colombia. Two agents will meet you there, where you will exchange places with one of our agents who looks almost exactly like you; and then our people will bring you back here to prep you for the exchange the next day. Can you remember all of that?"

"Of course I can," I asked, "But why is someone going to exchange places with me?"

"It's simple," he replied, "What're you going to do when Mike Dodge calls his connections in Medellin and finds out that you never showed up, huh?"

"Oh, shit," I said, realizing what he was talking about, "I guess you're right...I'm sorry, Uncle John, I suppose I wasn't thinking clearly."

"Ya think?" he grinned, then patted me on the shoulder and told me, "That's okay, Marky boy, that's what I'm here for..."

~~~~~~

Chapter Fourteen

That night, after eating a wonderful dinner, which my beautiful Kate cooked, she, Sarah, Uncle John and I all sat around in the den talking.

"There's something that I want to tell you, Mark," Uncle John smiled, "And that is that I love you, my nephew, and I'm so very proud of you for your willingness to risk your life to stop these assholes."

"Thanks, Uncle John," I smiled, "But what they're doing is wrong on so many levels and in so many ways; but I also want you to know something else since we're talking about this stuff."

"Sure, son," he smiled, "Tell me what it is that you want me to know."

"Okay, here goes then," I began, "I've asked Katie to marry me and she's accepted my proposal so; I'm telling you right here and now that this is the absolute last time that I'm going to do something like this. Do we understand one another?"

"Of course, kid," he heartily laughed, "She sure is a very pretty little gal and I don't blame you one bit for feeling that way, Marky boy."

Of course hearing Uncle John call me by his pet name for me once again elicited girlish laughter from both Sarah and Katie, making me look at the two of them, and with admonishment and irritation in my tone of voice, I told them, "Don't laugh at him, you two. He knows that calling me that really pisses me off so; that's why he does it, dammit."

"Oh, relax," Kate teased, "I think it's adorable."

"I do, too," Sarah sweetly giggled, "So; chill out, Marky boy," and then of course both girls again fell back into another fit of girlish giggles, at my expense of course.

"Yeah, whatever," I said shaking my head, "You two are about as funny as a fart in a space suit."

"Oh, gross," Kate disgustedly replied, "Could you be any more crude, Mark?"

"You two started it," I grinned, "So, don't bitch at me for finishing it."

"Who're you calling a bitch," Sarah haughtily replied, standing up and placing her hands on her hips, "Asshole?"

"Okay, calm down, you guys," Uncle John grinned, "We've still got a lot of things to go over."

"He's right," I replied, walking over to Sarah and gently hugging her, "I'm sorry sweetie."

"It's okay," she softly smiled, returning the hug, "Sometimes I get a little too big for my britches. I'm sorry, too."

"Now that everyone is calm," Uncle John said, "When are you supposed to leave for Colombia, Mark?"

"Right after I call Mike with the numbered account in the Grand Caymans Bank that you're supposed to give me," I replied, "I told him that I would fly to Colombia as soon as I received confirmation of the deposit."

"That's good," he smiled, "We've got you a ticket already booked for a flight that connects in Miami to Bogata at three o'clock tomorrow afternoon."

"I need to ask you something," I said, "What about this guy that supposedly looks like me? Won't the people in Medellin be suspicious?"

"Not at all," Uncle John smiled, "We've been monitoring Mike Dodge's telephone calls; and he only gave the people in Medellin a general description of you so; don't worry about it."

"If you say so," I worriedly said, "But what about Katie's Aunt Linda, what's going to happen to her?"

"We've already got that taken care of, too," he told me, "The moment that Mike Dodge leaves his house to come meet you, we're going to go in and make her aware of what's happening. Then, depending on whether or not she wants to stay there, or come with us once she's been made aware of what's about to happen, we'll bring her here, if that's alright with you."

"Sure, that's fine;" I told him, "Whatever she decides is alright with me."

"Okay then," Uncle John said, "In the mean time, I suggest you get some rest, because you've got a busy day ahead of you tomorrow..."

~~~~~~

That next morning after breakfast, I spent a couple of hours teaching Kate and Sarah how to fire the two nine millimeter pistols that Uncle John had given them just in case something went wrong. Granted, I didn't foresee anything bad happening, but I believed in the old adage of hoping for the best, but being prepared for the worst.

Once that was done and I felt secure that the girls could proficiently handle the weapons, I made the call to Mike, giving him the numbered account that he was to deposit the money into.

"You'd better not fuck me, kid," he harshly told me, "Otherwise there's gonna be hell to pay."

"You just make sure that you keep up your end of this deal," I growled, "You don't have to worry about me. I'm not like your ass."

"Oh yeah?" he spat, "And what's that supposed to mean, asshole?"

"Just deposit the fucking money," I said, "And when I receive confirmation that it's there, I'll be boarding a plane for Colombia at three o'clock this afternoon."

"You damn well better," he warned, "Because I'll know if you don't."

"There's something you need to know, asshole," I said, "If you put a tail on me, I'll send them back to you in a body bag so; let's put a halt to this shit right now."

"Alright, you win," he relented, "Just make damn sure that you arrive in Colombia when you're supposed to, okay?"

"It's like I already told you, Mike," I said, a bit less harsh, "I always keep my word...all I ask is that you keep yours in return."

"Look, kid," he gently replied, "I don't want to be your enemy, because we still have to work together, okay?"

"That sounds good to me," I told him, "And Mike, I'm sorry for being such an asshole to you. As a matter of fact, I'm sorry about everything, and I hope you can forgive me."

"I'm sorry, too, Mark, and you're already forgiven," he smiled, "I'll see you when you get back, and we'll both make some money."

"Good enough," I played along, "But business is business, right?"

"That's right," he happily replied, "And I'll make the transfer just as soon as I get off of the phone."

"Okay then, "I'll let you go for now," I told him, "I'll call you before I leave to go to the airport. Is that cool with you?"

"Of course," he smiled, "I'll talk to you later," and then he hung up the phone.

"You'll talk to me later alright," I hissed, just after setting the telephone receiver back in its cradle, "In court when you're facing twenty-five to life, you fucker."

"Easy, Mark," Uncle John gently said, "You need to remain calm...your life depends on it."

"Oh, I'm calm alright," I quietly seethed, "Or otherwise Mike Dodge would be a dead son of a bitch..."

~~~~~~

That afternoon as Kate waited with me at the airport, she looked at me with tears in her eyes, and said, "You be careful, dammit. I love you and I don't want to lose you, baby."

"Rest easy, my love. We're already halfway home," I confidently smiled, "Mike dropped one million dollars into the Bank of the Grand Caymans, which means we've already got him on charges of conspiracy to buy cocaine, at the very least."

"I know," she sniffled, "But that doesn't mean that this still isn't dangerous though."

"I'll be back before you know it," I softly told her, gently kissing her lips, "So, I want you to go home and wait...and try not to worry, okay?"

"Yeah, right," she cried, holding me tightly, "Just come home safe, Mark."

"I will," I said, a feeling of sheer terror lurking in the back of my mind, as the announcement for the departure of my flight sounded over the airport's public address system, "I've got to go, but never forget that I love you with all my heart, Katie."

"I love you, too," she wept, "Just come back home...soon."

~~~~~~

I landed in Miami, Florida two and a half hours later where I was supposed to wait for another two hours in the departure gate that my connecting flight to Colombia was scheduled to take off from. According to Uncle John, the guy that was going to take my place on the flight was supposed to meet me there to go to South America in my stead.

~~~~~~

I glanced at my watch, and seeing that twenty minutes had passed and he hadn't showed up yet, I began to get a little nervous. I still had another hour and forty minutes before the plane would begin boarding its passengers so; I called Uncle John to apprise him of the situation.

"I know," he said, "And I want you to wait right there. Someone is on the way to help you."

"Who," I asked, "What do you mean by they're coming to help me?"

"You're going to have to trust me," he told me, "That's all I can tell you, Mark."

"Let me guess," I replied, "I'm going to Colombia myself, aren't I?"

"I'm sorry," he replied, "There's nothing else that can be done this late in the game, but I want you to know that there will be someone there with you to cover your ass, you just won't see them, that's all."

"That's just great," I angrily replied, "Now what am I gonna do? I wasn't supposed to be going down there to start with."

"Don't worry, Mark," Uncle John reassured me, "Just make the deal that Mike told you to make, and leave the rest to us."

"Alright, I will," I crossly replied, "But whatever you do, don't tell Kate that the plans have been changed, because she'll be worried sick. Do I make myself clear?"

"No problem," he grinned, "And I don't want you to worry either, because I promised you that you'd be safe, regardless of what happened, okay?"

"Alright," I restlessly answered, "If you say so..."

~~~~~~

THIRTY MINUTES LATER

I'd gone down to the nearest bar and bought a cup of coffee, and was sitting back near the departure gate when I was approached by two men dressed in dark suits, both wearing dark sunglasses.

"Hello, Mark," the taller of the two men smiled, "My name is Agent Thomas Lynch, and this is Agent Nathan Samuelson. Your Uncle John sent us here to take care of you so; would you please come with us to the men's room?"

~~~~~~

THE MEN'S ROOM

After asking me to remove my shirt, Agent Samuelson placed a Kevlar vest on me, saying, "This will stop a three fifty-seven, magnum bullet at point blank range so; you should be safe."

"Okay," I suspiciously replied, "But what am I supposed to do when someone places a gun at my head?"

"I've been told that you're very good with your hands and feet," Agent Lynch grinned, "If that's the case I suggest you disarm the said individual and kill them."

"Ha, ha," I sarcastically laughed, "You guys are very funny, but this is no laughing matter, dammit."

"No, it's not," Agent Lynch seriously replied, "But like your uncle already told you, our people will be shadowing your every move, and no one, I repeat, no one, will touch you. Are we clear on this?"

"It's kind of like this," I said, "I believe only in that which I can see. Are you clear on this matter?"

"Crystal," he quietly replied, "But you're just going to have to trust us, Mark, okay?"

"I'll try," I told them, "I only hope your people are as good as you say they are..."

~~~~~~

AEROPUERTO INTERNACIONAL EL DORADO BOGATA, COLOMBIA 3 HOURS AND TEN MINUTES LATER

As I walked from the baggage claim area after picking up my bag, I was met by a man named Carlo Mendez who was supposed to take me to whom I was supposed to make the deal that Mike Dodge had set up before I left Tennessee.

"Senor Powers," he smiled, "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Carlo Mendez, and I will be taking you to meet with Don Jorge (Hor-Gay) Hidalgo."

"That's fine," I warily replied, "But I was supposed to be meeting him in Medellin instead of here?"

"Plans change sometimes," he told me, "I'm only following orders, Senor."

"That's fine," I replied, every hair on the back of my neck standing up, "Lead the way, if you please."

"I will load your bag into the back of my jeep," he directed, "And then we can be on our way."

After following him out to the parking lot, we came upon a jeep that had a man sitting in the back seat, armed with a Soviet made AK-47; and after Carlo placed my bag into the very back of the vehicle; we got in and were on our way.

~~~~~~

After following the main highway for about thirty miles, Carlo pulled off onto a dirt road which carried us deep into the South American jungle. After riding for well over an hour, I was about to inquire as to how much longer it was going to be, when we suddenly came upon a very nice and spacious home. It was, of course, a Spanish style villa that had a security gate at its entrance, all of which had been cut out of the middle of the jungle.

"This is one of the many homes Don Hidalgo owns," Carlo said, "It has all of the modern conveniences of a home in the city. Don Hidalgo asked that you be prepared to spend the night, as the next car out will not be leaving until tomorrow."

"Wow," I said, looking around me as we drove past the huge wooden gates and into the courtyard of the house, "Please be sure to tell Don Hidalgo that I feel very honored to be staying in his home."

TWENTY MINUTES LATER

I'd been shown to my quarters, and had just finished using the en suite bathroom, and was buttoning the last button on my jeans when I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in," I said, "Its open."

A rather distinguished looking man of Spanish descent, who was somewhere in his early to mid fifties walked into my quarters with a smile on his face, and kindly said, "Good afternoon, Senor Powers, my name is Miguel. Don Hidalgo would like to see you, if you please."

"Thank you, Miguel," I smiled, "Lead the way," and then I followed him on out into the living room to meet a man who was seated on the couch, whom, there was no mistaking, that he was none other than Jorge Hidalgo himself.

"Mister Mark Powers," he smiled, standing to shake my hand, "I've heard many wonderful things about you from Mister Dodge."

"Hello, sir," I replied smiling, returning the handshake, "It's nice to be able to meet you in person. I've heard many wonderful things about you as well."

"Is that correct?" he suspiciously asked, still smiling, "Tell me...what have you heard about me?"

"Yes, sir, that's correct," I replied, thinking quickly, "I've heard that you were a businessman who, like me, has very exacting tastes and tolerates nothing less than perfection, expediency, and above all, honor and loyalty."

"Very good," he began to laugh, "I've always been a good judge of character; and my intuition tells me that you yourself are somewhat of, if not totally, a very shrewd businessman yourself, que no?"

"Si, Senor Hidalgo," I smiled, "I abhor a bunch of nonsense, especially when it comes to doing business."

"You mentioned the word loyalty," he said, "Loyalty goes s very long way with me, especially in the type of business we're in...selling cocaina."

"You're right," I said, looking directly into his eyes, "A very long way."

"That's very good to hear," he told me, an unfamiliar look in his eyes, "After dinner this evening I would like to talk with you in depth about an idea that I've just recently had. Do you think you might be interested?"

"Maybe so, maybe not," I truthfully replied, "But it all depends on what it is before I will be able to tell you, Senor Hidalgo."

"I see no lies in you," he said, "I like that, Mark..."

~~~~~~

That evening after dinner, Hidalgo invited me take a walk across the grounds with him to talk. What he wanted to talk about, I had no idea so; one can only imagine my complete surprise, not to mention my total shock when I heard the words he began to speak to me.

You and I both know why you're here," he said, in a subdued tone of voice, "But there is something that you don't know so; I'll get right to the point. When your friend Mike Dodge first contacted me and told me that you were coming down here to buy cocaina, he also told me that you were never to leave here alive."

"I know that," I boldly replied, "So, why haven't you tried to kill me yet?"

"Because now that I've grown older," he said, "I've also grown tired of killing people who don't deserve it; and I've also recently become aware that the people who were once my trusted partners have now become my sworn enemies."

"I also know that," I told him, "So, how does that involve me?"

"Your Uncle is a member of the American Drug Enforcement Agency," he replied, making my stomach begin to do flip-flops, "Is he not?"

"I don't know," I calmly told him, "It all depends on why you want to know."

"Because of two reasons," Hidalgo said, "First of all, tell him that if he can offer me immunity, as well as get me and my family into the witness protection program, I'll give him the entire network of the Medellin cartel, Pablo Escobar included, as well as the other high profile members."

"That sounds reasonable," I said, "But you told me that there were two reasons. What's the second one?"

"I want to see Mike Dodge and the rest of what is known as The Nashville Mafia go down," he said, "I'm willing to give up very single one of them, including some federal judges and politicians in your nation's capitol who have been on my payroll for the last twenty years."

"Holy shit," I quietly exclaimed, "You're right about needing the witness protection program. Man, the D.E.A. is gonna have a shit-fit when they hear about this."

"So, you can make this all happen for me?" he asked, "Otherwise it means that me, and the rest of my family will all be dead before the month is at an end."

"You should know right now, Senor Hidalgo that I can't make this happen," I smiled, "But I can certainly contact the people who can."

"Then you are willing to help me," he asked, as I nodded my head grinning, "For this I will see to it that no one touches you while you are here in my country."

"I only ask one favor, Sir," I smiled, "I want to at least be armed until the proper authorities have been notified...I'll feel a lot safer that way."

"Here," he smiled, handing me a Beretta, nine millimeter pistol, "Take this one, it's a very good weapon that's easy to use." The he put his hand on my shoulder and gently told me, "Thank you, my friend, you will never regret this, I promise you."