Kate's Dilemma

Story Info
Kate doesn't want a man in her life. Then she meets Jim.
5.4k words
4.5
15k
22
6

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 12/22/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zootonius
Zootonius
857 Followers

James arrived at Bill and Helen's party. He was in little mood for company as his girlfriend dumped him the week before. Yet he went hoping for something to get him over this ebb in his ego. He made his greetings and meandered about the room. He acknowledged acquaintances but felt little motivation to join in conversation. He got himself a glass of wine then gravitated to the edge of the room, just observing.

Helen noticed him and went over. "Jim, you didn't bring Cindy?"

"No, that's over, Helen. She moved on, let's just say."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"Don't be. It's for the best, for both of us."

He changed the subject and asked about her and Bill. They talked for a while. But then she noticed his attention was diverted. His eyes were fixed. Helen turned to see what caught his eye. Her friend Catherine had just arrived. And why wouldn't he notice. Kate was tall, not so much thin as lean, the body of someone active. And compelling eyes. And all framed by her long straight blond hair.

"I see you are distracted." Helen joked. "That's Kate, a friend of mine."

He just continued watching.

"Come on. Let me introduce you." She said.

"Um, no Helen. I don't think I'm in her league."

"Don't give me that woe-is-me stuff. Come on, nothing ventured nothing gained."

She grabbed his wrist and they walked over to her.

"Kate! Glad you made it." Helen said and gave her a hug. "Kate, I'd like you to meet James, okay, Jim. I think you two have one thing in common, Brahms."

Kate looked at James and asked, "Oh? Do you prefer his symphonic works or his chamber music?"

"If I had to choose it would be his chamber works. I'm particularly fond of the quintet in G major. But I would never turn down an evening listening to his fourth symphony." He replied.

The look on Kate's face told Helen her work was done, and she stepped away.

"And why do you like Brahms?" He asked.

"Why does anyone like certain music. It just speaks to me, I guess. Much like Bach."

"Ever heard Glenn Gould's recording of The Goldberg Variations?" He asked?

She looked at him, "Are you trying to impress me." She teased with a smile.

He got out his phone and showed her his music list. It could have been her own. He suggested they get some wine. They walked out to the patio. It was a mild spring evening. They found two chairs and sat. Soon the conversation moved past music. Nature and hiking, history, it seemed whatever subject was broach they had common interests. They talked about their jobs, he, a software developer for a financial firm, she, a lab assistant at a pharmaceutical company.

The evening passed. The two were so absorbed in conversation that they never talked to anyone else there. Hours passed and they realized people were leaving.

"Um, would you be interested in dinner some time? I'd love to continue talking."

She paused, "Yes. that would be nice."

"Tuesday work for you."

She agreed and they exchanged phone numbers. They headed out together. Helen noticed, and was pleased with herself for bringing them together.

James saw her to her car. "Tuesday then."

She smiled an affirmation. He watched her drive off. He walked to his car. It felt more like he floated to it. He'd never met a woman like her, brains and beauty. And an unaffected personality. He couldn't believe she accepted dinner.

**********

Tuesday arrived. He knocked at her apartment door. Seeing her again brought a wave of emotions. He admitted to himself he was smitten. He knew he had to be on best behavior. He opened the car door for her, then they drove off to his favorite Italian place.

They sat at a small table and looked at the menu.

Kate started, "Jim," she paused, "Look, I should be honest with you. I just got out of a bad relation. And at this point I don't want any... entanglements. I should have told you that Saturday. I'm sorry."

His heart sank. "It's okay. I understand what it's like."

They sat in silence, looking at them menu. The waitress took their orders.

Finally, she asked, "What did you mean by you understand what it's like?"

He sighed, "Well... I broke up with someone I thought I was in love with. Seems it wasn't mutual. I think there's nothing worse than being cheated on by someone you trusted."

She said nothing.

After some time, he asked, "Do you want to talk about it? Unless it's too painful."

There was something about him that she felt comfortable being open with. "He was a jerk. He was good looking, but it blinded me to him. It was all about him. He treated me like his fuck toy... excuse my language. He was cheating on me too. Friends convinced me to get rid of him."

They sat a while in silence. They learned one more thing they had in common.

Finally, he spoke up. "Listen, I understand you don't want a relationship, but can we just be friends? There's a concert Friday of piano sonatas. I was hoping you'd join me."

She said nothing, then "Yes, but we should each pay our own way."

"Let me buy the tickets. Next time you can. How's that?"

"Deal!" She replied. Then added, "Let's have dinner before, I'll pay. Then we can be even."

The conversation turned to music, and they ate. She tried to grab the check, but he got it first, reminding her he invited her. He drove her home and saw her to the door.

"Friday then."

"Friday." He replied, and walked to his car.

As she closed the door. She felt guilty not telling him more. That it was entanglements with a man she didn't want.

**********

Friday rolled around. When she opened the door, he was dazzled. For a concert, she wanted to look her best. High heels, thigh high black leather skirt, and a tight blouse that showed off her small cleavage. If this was to be a platonic relation, her outfit didn't help.

They ate at a restaurant near the concert hall. He tried to focus on her eyes. He now realized how well-proportioned her breasts were to her lean figure. And her nipples slightly poking out didn't help. She picked up the check and they walked to the concert hall.

"Use can take my arm if you are so inclined." He suggested.

She did, after considering her heels. They both realized it was the first time they'd ever touched one another. She now had a hand on his bicep and despite not admitting it, enjoyed the feel of it. He found their seats. And they were good seats. She worried how much he spent. Through the whole concert he never touched her, even though her hand was right there for holding.

The concert over, they headed to the car, again, holding his arm. It was a cool spring night. In her plan to dress for the concert she hadn't planned for the temperature to turn. He quickly noticed and took off his sports coat.

"I won't throw in over a puddle for you, but here." He said, as he placed it over her shoulders.

"Is he trying to impress me?" She thought, cynically. But enjoyed the protection from the chill.

"Would you like to do a day hike Sunday?" He asked.

"Yes, I haven't hiked in a month. I used to go almost every week."

"I know a trail. four hours total. What time?"

"Let's start early. 8 AM."

He picked her up Sunday morning, now seeing her in a different light, t-shirt, shorts that showed off her long legs, and hiking boots. They hiked to a vista then explored until lunch time. They sat on a log. He sat close yet never touching her. She realized they were quite alone. Yet he kept the promise of a platonic relation. She was feeling comfortable in his presence. Then reminded herself that she didn't want entanglements.

**********

The week passed and the next week was the same, a dinner and a hike. The following week, the same, and a concert. A routine formed. She insisted on taking every other dinner check.

They were never at a shortage of things to talk about. The books they were reading, music, history. She loved his conversation, his company. Yet she puzzled. What did he want? He seemed to only want her company, a guy like him? Surely, she thought, I man like him would have no problem finding another woman. Could someone like him truly settle for a platonic friendship with her?

His feelings were unchanged from the beginning. But hers did begin to change. Did she really want no relations? she thought to herself.

Five weeks passed. "Kate, La Bohème is playing next Thursday. The last opera of the season. There are still good tickets. Interested?"

"Of course. But let me buy my ticket."

"No. It's easier to buy both. And I won't have you compensate me. Buy dinner, if you like."

"Okay, but don't buy too good a seat." She replied.

"Hey, I like good seats. So you'll have to settle."

**********

He knocked at her door. She was truly dressed for the opera. Her hair was up. And a black evening dress with a long back.

And she looked at him, impressed by his dark blue suit.

"That suit looks good on you." She said.

"Last opera of the season. And I'm glad I wore it, looking at you. I don't have a tux."

She just smiled at the compliment.

As they drove, a guilty thought came to her. She hoped the night would turn cold again. They caught dinner at a good place near the opera house. She grabbed the check before the server put it down.

They walked to the opera house, and again, she took his arm. As they walked to the entrance, he noticed the light of the setting sun complimented her and her gown to perfection. "Kate! Can I take a photo? The light and that dress. Moments like this are fleeting."

She stopped and posed. She was the epitome of elegance. "My turn now." She said and took one of him.

As they entered the lobby James noticed; eyes were glancing them, well her, really. Dressed as she was, a dress that showed off her elegant form, she was hard to miss. His ego got a boost, thinking of her on his arm. Then he remembered they were just friends.

As the usher showed them to their seats, Kate was mortified. They were Grand Tier. She had checked the prices. Almost six hundred for the pair! What was he thinking!

"Jim!" She whispered, "Grand Tier? It's too expensive."

"I told you, I like good seats." Then, after a pause, "And you deserve it." He looked at her. "If I'd known you would be in that dress, I would have gotten box seats. A dress like that, and someone who can fill it like you do, deserves box seats."

She wanted to protest. She wanted to argue he didn't need to impress her. But she couldn't. Whether he was trying to impress her or not, she couldn't rebuke such a gesture. Her mind was in a flutter as the orchestra started and the curtain rose. As he always did, he left the armrest for her. His hand was on his leg. She took it his time and placed it on the armrest with hers. She held his hand through most of the opera. That small gesture made it hard for Jim to focus of the performance before him.

The curtain came down and the singers took their bows to standing ovation. James looked at her. Tears were in her eyes. He offered here his handkerchief.

"It's silly I know." She started, dabbing the tears. "It's just an opera. But so tragic."

She smiled at him and gave his handkerchief back. "It's late and we have work tomorrow."

It was a mild evening. But she wanted that act of chivalry. "It's cool out." She said.

He got the message and put his coat over her shoulders. She took his arm and they walked to his car.

As he drove her home a thought arose in her head, of all the operas, he picked the most romantic of them all. Did he intend it? She didn't care now, her heart spoke. As usual, he saw her to the door.

At the door, she asked, "Jim, all these weeks, you've seen me to my door. You never asked for a kiss or a hug, or even asked if you could come in. Why?"

"Kate, you said you didn't want a relationship. And I accept that."

"Jim, tell me honestly, what do you think of me? What do you want?"

"Kate... Kate..." he looked for words, "Please don't."

She took his hand, "Jim... tell me."

He looked at her eyes. He couldn't deny them anything when she looked at him like that.

"Kate..." he paused, "Kate... I think I fell in love with you that first night. I never met a woman like you. Yes, you are beautiful. But it's more. I love talking with you, just being with you. Look I understand you don't feel the same. But it's okay. I can be satisfied just being your friend." he said as he tried to check his emotions.

She opened the door. "Come in Jim, please."

They entered and she closed the door. She turned to him and kissed him. Her lips lingered. He was nearly paralyzed by the moment.

"Jim. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for what I put you through, what I put us both through. I've been in denial. These past weeks..." She looked at him. "You are wrong Jim, I do feel the same. I've just been too dumb to admit it. I've never known a man like you either."

They looked at each other, hearts pounding. He kissed her, gently, afraid of ruining the moment. Afraid it wasn't happening. She put her arms around him, finally feeling the man she denied herself to. He in turn put his arms around her, a moment he longed for, but feared impossible. They kissed for some time, not hard, just enjoying this new moment of their relationship. They stopped and looked at each other again, eyes gazing at each other.

Finally, she broke the moment, "Come, let's sit."

She led him to the sofa. He sat and she sat close to him. He put his arm around her, and they just hugged. He was in heaven. Yet he feared a wrong move would spoil it all. For Kate too it was all new. He was a friend first. And it allowed her to see a man who was caring, who's first thoughts were for her. Even now, he made no moves. She felt safe in his arms. She could see now; she was falling for him.

"You should never have spent so much on those tickets." She started.

"You may think I was trying to impress you, and maybe I was. But a woman like you deserves it. You know Kate, I admit, I thought you were unobtainable. I never thought of myself in your class."

She sat up. "In my class? James! You underestimate yourself. I was attracted to you from the start. Then, coming to know you. I'm not sure who outclasses who."

"I guess the last few months haven't been good for my ego. Cindy did a job on it." He said.

"I did a job on you too." She replied, "I treated you like shit. I'm sorry."

"No! No, you didn't. You had your own things to work though. And you were honest with me from the start." He paused, "And our relation has been made better by being friends first."

She kissed him and they looked each other in the eyes again. If he took her to bed that moment, she knew she wouldn't resist.

As if reading her mind, he spoke. "I should go. We both have work tomorrow."

His words just increased her feelings for him, her desire for him.

"Will you have dinner at my place tomorrow?" He asked. "I'm not too bad a cook either."

"Yes, of course."

They went to the door, then kissed again, and he hugged her. She wanted to melt in his arms. She wanted to tell him to stay, but something restrained her. She denied him all these weeks, what's another day. She watched him walked to his car, her mind in a whirl.

**********

She arrived at his condo at seven. She was wearing high heels and a tight mini skirt. And a blouse that said much. She also carried a small bag. They looked at each other a minute, then kissed. This new phase of the relation would take getting used to. The kitchen smelled of sautéed mushrooms and shallots.

"Pasta in a mushroom creme sauce. Nothing too fancy." He said, "And asparagus."

He poured the wine and served dinner. They mostly looked at each other. After weeks of conversation, they now were tongue tied. Both knew what they wanted but neither wanted to broach it. So a little small talk sufficed until dinner was over and they cleaned up.

Finally, with nothing more to do, he turned to her. "Yesterday you asked me what I wanted. But what do you want, Kate?"

"Isn't it obvious, Jim?"

With that she put her arms around him and kissed him. Harder this time, her tongue probing his mouth. He responded and soon tongues were being shared, arms around each other. When they separated, he took her hand and led her to the living room.

They sat on the sofa and started kissing, hands now free to explore. They paused to look at each other. He couldn't believe this incredible woman was in his arms. And the look in his eyes made her tremble with passion. They kissed again. Her hand was on his thigh. His hand just below her breast. She sensed his hesitancy and move it onto her breast. She looked at him. Her eyes confirming there were no barriers now. He caressed her firm breasts through the material. They seemed perfect to him.

Her hand was now at his inner thigh. Then she felt the bulge in his crotch. He now undid her top. She had no bra and he beheld her beautiful figure. He kissed her neck then worked down, planting kisses on a breast. She sighed at his touch. Next, she removed his shirt and ran her hand over his chest. They kissed again. This time skin touching skin.

Yet he wanted to go slow. He wanted it to be perfect for her.

"Kate, I want make tonight all about you. Let me. Lay face down, here."

She lay on the sofa wondering what was coming. But it wasn't long. His gentle fingers slowly drifted down her back, then up. They glided over her skin. The sensation had the hoped-for effect.

"Jim, what hands."

He continued, still in no hurry. And she was in no hurry either, the feeling was so sensual. She could not recall ever being seduced like this. Next, he unzipped her skirt and pulled it, with her panties, down to expose her tight butt. He could explore further now. His hands glided from her shoulders to her beautiful buns in one slow, gentle stroke.

After a few minutes, she was ready for more now and turned over. He removed her skirt to expose her perfect, naked body. She undid his belt and pants to expose his erect manhood. She stroked it a minute while looking him in the eyes. But he wanted her to be first.

He leaned her head back to a cushion by the arm rest and spread her legs. He got between them and kissed each breast, then sucked on them. Next, he worked down to her stomach, then he kissed her thighs then used his tongue. Finally, he stopped at his goal. He slowly probed her waiting slit with his tongue. When he found her clit, she jolted. "Oh!" was all she said. Her hands were now in his hair, and she watched as he gave her pussy his full attention. His hands caressed everywhere in reach. Then her body started writhing and he saw she was close. He pressed a finger into her pussy. That was it.

"Oh God... Jim... Oh!"

Her body pulsed with each wave of orgasm. He took delight in seeing her in such delirious passion. As it subsided, she pushed his head away from her now sensitive clit. He kissed each delicate thigh then moved up. She pulled him to her lips for a deep kiss. His hard cock now at her entrance.

"Yes, Jim, yes."

She reached for his shaft and placed it at her entrance. He needed no encouragement. He drove it in with one stroke.

"Oh, Kate!"

He just held it there a minute and looked at her. His eyes, his cock now in her, combined with the recent orgasm, struck her with a shudder.

"You're so beautiful Kate. I won't last."

"Just cum, Jim. Do it. Let it go! Cum inside me!"

He began pumping his cock in and out of her with abandon.

"Kate! Kate! Ahhh. Ahhh..." as he buried his head in her neck.

The moment he never thought would happen. He was cumming in this woman he had fallen in love with. He pounded his cock into her with each load of his sperm. She held him tight.

"Let it go Jim, yes!" She encouraged him.

Her encouragement to cum in her drove him to new heights. He never had an orgasm like this. But eventually it ebbed. They looked at each other. Their relationship now consummated. She could see the love in his eyes, and she returned it.

Zootonius
Zootonius
857 Followers
12