All Comments on 'Kelpie'

by onehitwanda

Sort by:
  • 51 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I just realized that I'm with your stories the way I was with books when I was a teenager - back before I did so much reading for my job that I tend to do less of it in my spare time (gosh that sounds depressing when written out like that... it's actually not so bad, a lot of it I genuinely enjoy, it's just no longer Terry Pratchett). I absolutely cannot focus on anything else because my brain realises that it could be reading right now and just refuses to cooperate if that's not what I'm doing. In other words: It's the best.

So thank you, again, for taking the time to write, edit, and publish this one for us! I really love the way you balance melancholy with equally deep and enduring joy, and I'll always be impressed with how well you use space - the sea, a bookshop, a london café - as a sort of mood lighting for that. It's marvelous how much a single sentence can feel like warm light.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

HecatesChildHecatesChildabout 2 years ago

Worth the wait.

On a personal note, deciding I would be "strong like the water" when I was younger has helped me through so much. Seeing someone else use it made me smile.

MigbirdMigbirdabout 2 years ago

Beautifully poignant love story — love the title. Am a bibliophile who enjoys the peace of wandering on a beach, which probably explains my attraction to some of your stories. The setting reminded me of “Jetsam” — the beach, wind and water again figure so meaningfully. The dialogue and the silent reflections brought truly believable characters to life for me/us. So real, too, the first time they made love — you captured her moment/her feelings perfectly as well as the painfulness that followed. Would love to know what prompts getting around to finishing an unfinished piece for you — how you get back into a piece. Regardless, glad you are making space for more — love your vivid imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A nice story even though it was not your best work. The ‘girl loses boy’ part of the romance seemed a bit contrived. Four and a half stars rounded up to five.

silveraidersilveraiderabout 2 years ago

Wow. You've written some great stories but that one just struck a chord with me. The build-up, the natural dialogue, the hugely emotional core of the story, and then two beautifully written sex scenes (perhaps the most charged and sensual scenes you've written). I just loved it, and perhaps that was because it rekindled some memories. Thank you.

ca_daveca_daveabout 2 years ago

Wanda once again you have given us a remarkable story. As so many of your stories do this had me near tears and then smiling as the story built on their love. Thank you Wanda when I see you have posted a new story, it is a must read. You have never failed in moving my emotions. 5*

SatyrDickSatyrDickabout 2 years ago

Great build up and pay-off.

10/10!!!!!

IsabelDIsabelDabout 2 years ago

Oh Wanda, your stories are so heartwarming and sexy at the same time. I literally love ALL of your stories ❤ Again, a 5star story like the rest!

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 2 years ago

This was indeed a beautifully written story. A slow build up to a climax and then a time at the peak and then a slow slide to peacefulness. I particularly liked the language. You use words that are certainly not commonly used and put in phrases that have a really nice ring to them. I haven't seen tatterdemalion used in forever and there are abundant evidences of training in the English language. I don't like being "sexist", but I do believe this story could not possible have been written by a man. The raw emotions and view of what is happening are offered in a detail that only a woman could possible feel. And I find that to be a very good thing indeed. 5* for sure. I read most of the story while listening to dramatic music by Richard Strauss (Rosenkavalier, Don Juan....) which enhanced the emotional punch of the words you wrote. Thanks

tennesseeredtennesseeredabout 2 years ago

You've captured that long-ago time when we were young and the future stretched on forever. Very fine writing, most especially the dialogue. 5*

Grumpy23240Grumpy23240about 2 years ago

Another first rate offering! I love the fact that you can write a very sexy love scene without using any vulgarities!

ThebiffThebiffabout 2 years ago

Beautiful story. I’d love to hear more about these two.

gunmakergunmakerabout 2 years ago

I'm always tickled when I see you've posted a new story. Please don't stop.

PickFictionPickFictionabout 2 years ago

Tantalizingly beautiful, as always. Your writing is singularly unique and invades the mind of an author like myself with its lyrical beauty and ability to create whatever you are seeking to create with consistency that's difficult to imagine, let alone attempt to match. Fascinating characters, whose language and actions capture a reality that holds one in its spell. It's difficult to wait for your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of the best stories here. Thank you

XactoXactoabout 2 years ago

That was absolutely lovely! It’s wonderful to remember being innocent and wanton in the same moment. ❤️ Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Splendid writing. I'm an introvert too, so I could see myself a bit in these wonderful characters. The description of Nanny Jennie's house got to me. A pipe on a pewter tray, long after her husband departed; her eyeglasses with faded frames, echoing her.

Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

For once I agree with @overcritical as far as the 5* rating. I find it puzzling how he/she took time to read a story of wanda's after recently saying. "I hope I can remember this writers name so I will not waste time in the future". He or she said that this could not have been written by a man. I find that hilarious when the writer has Wanda in her name and CLEARLY shows as female in her bio. Did you ever read a bio? Please since you are all knowing write your own story. Wanda thank you for all of the time you spend giving us these stories. I have read all of them and have enjoyed them all. Some are better than others but they are always well written. Even professional writers have some stories that rise above their others. Your stories are written so well that even if I reread them several times I still enjoy them sometimes even more so.

Bebop3Bebop3about 2 years ago

The fact that it becomes redundant saying that your latest story is lovely and flawless doesn't change that reality. My only complaint is that you don't write fast enough. I'd be happy with a new story each week.

EarlyMorningLightEarlyMorningLightabout 2 years ago

You do so well with melancholy and the liminal spaces between fragile people. Another great read.

Jimjam500Jimjam500about 2 years ago

Yet again, Wanda, please never stop.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Easily 5 stars. You're one of the best writers on this site.

I would have liked more of her developing a relationship with Nan, but it was complete is it is.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 2 years ago

Very nice, as always. Hope there is a conclusion?

Comentarista82Comentarista82about 2 years ago

Always amazing with these kinds of romance stories.

Abuse will truly drive one away, to doubt one's worthiness--so you really captured how it could have been in real life for someone dealing with that. What's different is someone like Tess who, as being the typical introvert, gathers enough courage to tell him what she needs and wants from him--which is exactly what he needed to hear and to know.

A hands-down 5.

Bonzodog9Bonzodog9about 2 years ago

Absolutely stunningly good, as are all your wonderful stories. Keep them coming and as Bepop3 commented, maybe a tad more output please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Simply beautiful.

pearlygrlpearlygrlabout 2 years ago

Absolutely Fabulous! I loved it! Thanks so much

for onehitwanda - if you're looking for feedback, in my opinion ( and you know what they say about opinions ... ) if she had gotten his "Home safe" text just before the last 4 lines it would have been Perfect!

WTFOWTFOabout 2 years ago

A beautiful and well-written story!

MiddlesonMiddlesonabout 2 years ago

That was a spectacularly written story. Would have loved to read a long term outcome. But excellent read non the less. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

happygolucky7happygolucky7about 2 years ago

Well written, another excellent read from you. You are so talented. You must be a SAFFA 😉

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story. Just found your stories and so far all of them have been great. Please keep up the good work.

shayneoneshayneoneabout 2 years ago

well done a nice little story thanks be safe well and happy a fan shayne

OldbutboldOldbutboldabout 2 years ago
Well

2 Things i have to say first , i never thought i would get education by reading on here but i truly had to look up what ( TATTERDEMALION ) meant ah well you live and learn lol , and number 2 is i hope and pray i never come across Mol because what wanted to do to the poor lad on the beach , wow she is one nasty young lady lol.

Apart from that it was 5 stars brilliantly written as always .

thankyou as always for your time to give us your readers enjoyment .

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thank you. Thank you so very much for this beautiful gift.

MeyerFreitagMeyerFreitagalmost 2 years ago

As always, Wanda, your story is beautifully written and well thought-out. Oh, and pretty damned hot, too!

I so look-forward to more from you, no matter how infrequent.

Ken_Richards57Ken_Richards57almost 2 years ago

Excellent story. Excellent writing. Excellent character development. Just WOW.

I think the mythological creature you were looking for is a Selkie. Same Scottish/Norweigen mythology, although, catered to more to female than the Kelpie which is mostly male. Now, in high school we had a beautiful blonde girl, thing is, she had a chin like a horse so I don't know, maybe that is what you were going for... Anyhow, keep up the great work!!!

DessertmanDessertmanover 1 year ago

Yet again I am in awe of your writing skills and rather than repeat what others have so eloquently stated in their comments I fully agree with their positive remarks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Glad Tess made fucked up Sean stew for a while. He needs to change his therapist

Aussie1951Aussie1951over 1 year ago

He didn’t need a therapist he only needed Tess. I wander if she ever did get that morning after 💊 guess we’ll never know…⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

GaiusPetroniusGaiusPetroniusover 1 year ago

To me this was certainly one of your best -- perhaps the very best of all your works. You trace the years from Tess's 17-yo Goth phase to Tess & Sean's full flourishing of young love. You create engaging and memorable characters, and then situate them in a rich tapestry of seasons and terrains and companions.

Your style and usage are so limpid that usually they don't grab my attention. (A huge compliment, that!) One sentence did stand out, though, as an example of your artistry: "I turned slightly on my seat, wedged myself in against the bumps the bus' inadequate suspension subjected me to, and assumed my commuter-zombie mode for the remainder of the trip home."

You succeed in celebrating the human condition at its finest. Thank you for each of the five stars you've so richly earned.

Roti8211Chanai643Roti8211Chanai64310 months ago

Lovely!

Lovely broken people finding themselves!

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

loved it!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Another stellar episode thank you

Again you make your characters come alive. Thank you. BardnotBard

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy6 months ago

Those skeletons, down in the childhood basement, are never leaving and yeah learning how to cope is necessary, but sean’s act was miserable …. And tess getting all jelly just after his confession was surprising ….. so lets hope this was the ultimate punishment justat the beginning and now love is in the air

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝✨☘️

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You truly know a women’s body and man’s telling a wonderful love story. Keep writing, you are a true warm person.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Ghosting her for like 2 weeks not cool bro not cool at all, she should have got the hell away from him!

Runner4069Runner406916 days ago

The part where he reveals his childhood is just absolutely brutal and rips my heart out as a new parent, I can't imagine anyone making a child feel like that....

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
useronehitwanda@onehitwanda
Profligate reader, harsh critic, published author, lingu(istic)ally deft, Daughter of Coldharbour, hopeless Arcane fangirl, wielder of the sword of Damoclites. Occasionally muffled but never decaffeinated. I've always loved the blurry line between realism and fantasy, hen...

SIMILAR Stories