Kelsey Pays For Her Crimes Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kelsey found herself agreeing with Ms. Ullman but didn't want to be taken in too far. She led an entire club devoted to abolishing these penalties and the director of the Punishment Center was on the other side. In the end, making the Punishment Centers seem more humane helped to cement the Judicial Codes, not make them any better.

Ms. Ullman, of course, continued to speak as Kelsey thought, "So in order to meet those goals I'm retraining my guards in the strip search procedures."

"Mmm hmm," Kelsey mumbled, feeling the need to show she was listening.

"So, I have looked at your file and I see that you've been searched before."

"A couple times," Kelsey confirmed.

"With that in mind, I was hoping you might be," she hesitated, "Perhaps less scared than the average person sitting across from me."

"I don't know if that's true," Kelsey said carefully. She didn't want to agree too readily. Ms. Ullman was the enemy, but Kelsey thought she was correct. Kelsey wanted to be brave and she definitely felt braver now than the first time she was at the Center.

"Ok, still listen to my offer. I want you to consent to allowing your search to be observed by guards who are being re-trained," she pointed to the bearded man sitting next to Kelsey, "This is Allen Griffith. He is the supervisor of the guards here and the deputy director of the Center. If you agree, he will be conducting your search. Everything will be by the book and using a search technique that is as delicate and sensitive as possible. Unfortunately, I don't have a female lead guard for you, but that is a long-term goal that you could help us get to."

Kelsey was surprised by the offer, "What do you mean it's sensitive?"

"Mr. Griffith and I are aware that strip search is embarrassing and invasive, and this routine tries to, um, sand off those edges as much as we can. For example, if you give him no reason to be suspicious, then there will be no digital search of your vagina and rectum."

Kelsey's eyebrows rose at that promise. There was no reason that she would raise any suspicions and her actual punishment was going to be invasive enough between her legs. She opened her mouth to accept the offer, but Ms. Ullman continued.

"If you accept, of course, I'll put a letter in your file lauding your help with my plans," the director paused to let that sink in, "I'm aware of what offense landed you here and it might help you with any future brushes with the Justice System to have a recommendation from me."

At first, that just made Kelsey even more excited to accept the offer. The note in her file wouldn't be a get out of jail free card, but Kelsey knew her future held more activism that would put her at risk. One thing held her up, though not for long. She wondered what the other USSJP members would say if she was helping a Punishment Center. Still, she didn't think anybody would begrudge her making her visit easier. Kelsey spoke slowly, "The only downside I see is that more people will see me searched."

Ms. Ullman nodded slowly, "I would agree."

"I'll do it. Enough people have seen me naked already," Kelsey said.

"Great," Ms. Ullman said, "I really do owe you a debt of gratitude. I really do think this new routine will be easier on offenders. Let's get going then."

With that, Mr. Griffith stood up reaching into the pocket of his slacks, "Ms. Ward. Unfortunately, you do have to be cuffed once we are pass this hallway. Turn around for me, please."

Kelsey complied, putting her wrists at the small of her back and turning away from the man. He tightened the metal around her arms and opened the office door, allowing her to walk under her own power into the hallway and toward another heavy metal door.

The subsequent hallway was definitely a jail. The floors were gray concrete, and the walls were cinderblock. After a short walk, Kelsey was led into one of many heavy metal doors with small windows. The room was equally dull gray as the hallway. There was a desk near the door and a table in the opposite corner.

Mr. Griffith closed the door behind them and rolled the cushioned chair from the desk to the opposite wall. As he released her from the cuffs, he told her, "Here, you can sit on this. Sheila and I are going to phase out the search tables."

Kelsey sat down and looked up at the man as he leaned over the desk in the corner. In fact, she had heard about the tables and agreed that they should be gotten rid of. Gracie had been forced to lay down on a table just like it, her crotch pointing up, while the evil guard, Shep, had invaded her holes. From what she could gather, perhaps the whole search would be done standing, and that, would be an upgrade. A guard, especially a male guard, standing over her or behind her where she couldn't see was scary and made her feel more vulnerable, "Definitely an upgrade if that happens," she decided.

Mr. Griffith was filling out paperwork silently for a few minutes. Then he pulled out a large clear plastic bag that Kelsey knew would hold her clothes and placed a box of blue gloves on the desk. Having completed his preparation, he spoke, "I'm sorry that I don't have a re-trained woman to do your search. Not enough women on the force. If you're looking for a career . . . "

Kelsey giggled, despite herself. She wanted to be serious and stoic, but the idea was hilarious to her.

Mr. Griffith smiled, "Yeah, you're probably right. I've seen your file." He took a breath, "Don't worry. I won't hold it against you. Protest got a little out of hand didn't it?"

"Uh, yeah. I don't think the PC would hire me," Kelsey said.

"I wish they would. Not you, if you don't want it, but this job needs more people who identify with people like you," Mr. Griffith said, "Sorry, I don't mean to preach."

Kelsey shrugged, "Do you identify with me?"

"I try my best," he looked at the ceiling, trying to decide if he was going to continue, "I have been a prison guard for twenty some years, long before the Punishment Centers. I worked my way through law school and then I needed to get hours of volunteer work for school, so I worked for the Public Defender's office, so I saw a lot of people like you."

"You wanted to help them, but you work here?"

"I was too old to work hundred-hour weeks paying my dues to be a lawyer, but my experience gave me an in here with a warden, I mean director, like Sheila," he said, "We are doing what we can."

Kelsey didn't say anything, but she must have looked suspicious because he continued.

"You don't have to believe me, but I'll make this as easy as I can," Mr. Griffith said.

"Ok, I have nothing to lose," Kelsey said, "Thanks, I guess." Kelsey frowned. She just thanked a strange older man, forties she guessed, for stripping her nicely. It was obscene.

"You're welcome," he said, unknowingly twisting the knife, "If you listen to everything I say then I won't even have to touch any bare skin. I'm gonna have to talk to the others which slows down the whole thing a little bit."

"I understand," Kelsey said.

Mr. Griffith looked at his watch. "Alright, they should be here." He opened the door and looked out, "Yep, I hear them. Just stay in that chair until I'm ready for you, ok?"

"Got it," Kelsey answered.

"And if I'm talking to them, feel free to cover yourself. If I'm not looking at a particular, um, bit of anatomy, feel free to cover it. I'm trying to make a point to the trainees that this should be as easy as possible for you," he continued.

"Ok," Kelsey nodded. He was making her feel better, as much as she didn't like the irony. Was it really possible that Mr. Griffith cared? She hoped he was the future of the Punishment Center, but she reminded herself that wouldn't redeem anything. Not too long from now, she was going to tortured, sexually assaulted, basically raped. Sure, the technician wasn't a criminal, and they would never be charged, but the only consent they had, regardless of how docile or stoic Kelsey acted, was from the court. Her right to say yes and no had been taken from her and it was barbaric.

She had practiced that line of thought a hundred times. Kelsey had comforted girls at USSJP meetings who considered themselves feminists ashamed of walking peacefully to punishments that assaulted their womanhood. There was dignity in approaching their sentences with indifference, free from sobs and hysterics. She'd told them that it was fine to do anything that helps and reminded herself of that now. "Anything that helps."

Her reminiscences were cut short by three bangs on the metal door. "You ready," Mr. Griffith said, turning his head to Kelsey.

She nodded and the supervisor opened the door. A mass of guards in gray uniforms, each with a cap on their head paraded into the room. They crowded into a huddle in the corner of the room opposite Kelsey so that Mr. Griffith and the desk were on her right and the huddle of onlookers was on her left.

Kelsey eyed the crowd, counting seven men aged from their twenties to sixties and two women both of whom were in their twenties. She realized that Mr. Griffith was right, "Even the women they have are junior guards."

A few of the men seemed to eye her, but most of them looked toward their boss. Mr. Griffith stood near the desk and coughed to get their attention. Kelsey felt herself grow fonder of Mr. Griffith. By standing near the desk, he forced the leering guards' eyes off her for at least a moment.

"Hello, how are you all doing this morning?" Mr. Griffith started. After a few one-word responses, he continued, "In our continuing effort to modernize this Center's policies and procedures, I'm going to demonstrate the new routine that you all will be using with female offenders. Can any of you tell me why Director Ullman and I are introducing the new routines?"

"You're trying to go easy on the prisoners," a man said. Kelsey could tell from the edge in his voice that he disapproved.

"That is the wrong attitude. Anybody else?"

Nobody answered. Kelsey guessed nobody wanted to stand out as an ally of the new leadership of the Punishment Center. "Ullman and Griffith have a lot of work to do," she decided, now much happier that she accepted the director's deal. The guards, angered by the reforms, might be rougher with the prisoners out of spite.

"The answer is that us guards are not the punishment technicians. Our job is to prepare the offenders for their punishments and to not subject them to any extra discomfort than is necessary to prepare them to safely receive their punishment. Understand?"

The guards gave half hearted nods and grunts of agreement as Mr. Griffith continued, "Times are changing at this Center so pay attention. Just like always every search has to be conducted with two guards in the room. If one of you breaks a policy, then both of you are responsible. Call out your partner. Whistleblowers will be protected by Director Ullman and I. The first thing you do is fill out the paperwork just like it's always been. One of you cannot search the offender while the other does the work. Finish the paperwork first so that the witness can pay full attention to the search."

He paused and waited for the guards to nod, "There is no reason to keep the offender cuffed while you do your paperwork unless they have already resisted. We will deal with the routine for oppositional offenders later. Ms. Ward, here, has been polite and she listens to orders so no reason to stress her more than she already is by restraining her. Also, if you have enough seats, allow the offender to sit. It lowers the stress level and reduces the likelihood that they are oppositional if they are more relaxed."

Kelsey fought the urge to instinctively smile as she was mentioned but kept her eyes down as the guards looked at her again.

"When you're done with paperwork, then you can start. First, you speak with the offender. Introduce yourself and make sure she knows what is about to happen. She has already been told by whoever took her oath, but you should still reiterate. Watch."

Mr. Griffith turned to her, "Ms. Ward, you can stand if you like."

He waited as Kelsey stood. She didn't want to be stood over by the man, even though, he was more than half a foot taller than him even when she stood.

"Hello, I'm Mr. Griffith," he reintroduced himself, "What should I call you?"

"Um, Kelsey is fine," she answered.

"Ok, Kelsey. I'm about to perform a clothes free search. Do you understand what that means?"

"Yes, I'm going to be naked," Kelsey responded.

"Yes, you will be. I know it's uncomfortable but if you listen to all my directions we will move as quick as we can and then I'll give you temporary clothes. I'm going to be confiscating your clothes and you'll get them back after your punishment is complete."

"Ok," Kelsey responded.

Mr. Griffith paused the search and turned back to the watching guards, "So now I'm sure that she knows what is about to happen and I've assured her that if she complies then it will be nice and easy. Now, I'm going to prepare the room and myself for the search."

He turned toward the desk and pulled out a white towel and spread it on the floor, "The offender will, of course, spend most of the time barefoot, so we do this, so they don't have to stand on the cold floor. These should be replaced after every search so that each offender has a clean towel to stand on. Also, like always, you have to dawn a fresh pair of gloves."

He motioned for Kelsey to step onto the towel as he snapped on gloves, "First, you're going to conduct a standard pat down of the offender. Begin by asking them to remove anything they have in their pockets and ask them if they expect you to find anything out of the ordinary on them."

"Kelsey anything in your pockets?"

"My ID," Kelsey said, patting her waistband on her right hip.

"Ok, get that out for me. Anything else I'm going to find on your body? No phone, wallet, bellybutton piercing?" he said as he took her ID.

"No," Kelsey confirmed as he put her ID in the plastic bag.

"Any jewelry?"

"No."

"Good," he said, turning to the guards, he continued, "Of course, if she doesn't tell you about something then that's a red flag but not necessarily a write up. If she forgot a toe ring, who cares? Just confiscate it and move on. I am more interested in actual contraband like a needle. No petty write ups anymore. Other things to watch out for are medical devices. Hearing aids or insulin pumps should already be noted in the offender's file and usually they are allowed to keep them during their punishment. If you find something not in the file, then contact a supervisor. Now to the actual pat down."

Facing Kelsey again, he spoke, "Turn to face this wall, please, Kelsey. Arms out like a scarecrow and ankles shoulder width."

Kelsey complied and faced the wall with the desk so that she stood in profile to the guards. Her cardigan hung loosely from her arms and away from her body and she took a deep breath preparing for the punishment to start.

"So, in a perfect world, every search would be with a guard of the same gender, however that isn't possible, yet," Mr. Griffith said, "That means that you guys have to be extra careful. Don't take liberties, if you know what I mean. If you get reported, there will be an investigation and there will be consequences."

In the corner of her eye, Kelsey could tell that Mr. Griffith waited for more nods of assent from his audience before continuing, "First you're going to run down her back. Press on her bra straps to make sure there are no strange lumps."

Kelsey drew breath again as he touched her, showing them what he was talking about.

"Then around the waist, trying to feel anything she might be hiding in her waistband or pockets," he said as he reached under her cardigan to search her, "Then check her flanks. Make sure you get their armpits."

Kelsey felt nervous as he continued his demonstration, fearing that her breasts must be next. Still, this was much better than it could have been. Gracie's bare breasts had been groped during searches in the past, and it seemed like she would escape that fate today. However, Mr. Griffith didn't approach her boobs and instead spoke to the guards again.

"Now you move to the lower body. Kelsey has this long sweater on that covers her backside so it's ok to pull that up so you can get a visual. Luckily, her pants are quite tight so it would be easy to see any abnormalities life if she had taped something to her leg. If they were loose then I would inform Kelsey that I was going to reach inside her waistband so I could pull her pants tight. Get her assent so that she knows what you're about to do before you do it.

"Now, Kelsey, I'm going to pat down your legs one at a time, ok?"

"Ok," she whispered.

Kelsey could tell that he squatted as he ran both hands, one on the outside and the other inside, down her left leg feeling under her leggings, before running his hands back up the right stopping short of her privates. She released her held breath as she sensed him stand back up.

"If you notice, I haven't touched anything that might be considered her privates. That time is over without permission from a supervisor. The visual exams of her breasts and vulva are all that is necessary. I will only approve physical exams if there is previous evidence that the offender has a good chance of hiding something there. Ok?"

There were more murmured replies from the guards. "Great," Mr. Griffith continued, "Turn around, please, Kelsey. Next up is a search of your mouth, ears, and hair. Is that ok?"

"Yes, sir," she replied. Kelsey was starting to feel good about this search. Obviously, this was about to get worse, but this was far better than what she'd feared especially with her knowledge of Gracie's nightmare.

"This is just like any other search. I'm looking for capsules or anything sharp that she might have covered with pink gum or something like that.

"Mouth open, please," he said, turning back to Kelsey.

Kelsey opened her mouth and looked up to the tall man who shined a flashlight toward her.

"Raise your upper lip please with your fingers, please," he said, "Now the lower lip. Put your tongue back. Great."

Kelsey felt ugly baring her teeth to the man, but he just continued with the search of her ears, "Hold your hair back and look to the side. Ok, other ear please. Alright, now put your head forward and comb through your hair."

Kelsey combed her fingers through her pink hair, trying to be systematic. She pulled what hair she had in back to the front and then raked her fingers through from right to left until he told her that she could stop and turned back to speak to the guards.

"For now, women are not allowed to have their hair tied in any way. However, I'm sure you've heard the rumors that that might change. We will come to that when it comes, but, for now, make sure any hair ties are deposited in the bag and you make sure the prisoner combs out any knots caused by their hair style as they could hide contraband there.

"Now it's time for the clothes free portion of the search. You've already made sure the offender is aware, but it is best to check in again.

"Kelsey," he said, turning to her, "I'm about to ask you to start removing items of clothing. I'm going to go one at a time so I can search each one. Are you ok?"

Kelsey nodded.

"Great, go on and remove both your shoes and I'll be right back to you," the bearded man said.

"It is fine to give the offender a little bit of time if they are nervous. A minute or even two does not need to be a write up for them. This is hard for them and they deserve some patience. If after a reasonable time they refuse to follow directions first remind them of the consequences and only then can you write them up.