All Comments on 'Kerbala Clay'

by al_Ussa

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
humminbeanhumminbeanabout 14 years ago
Very unusual - very nice!

The combination of sacred and worldly doesn't appear here very often, and fits well with the contest theme. Good one!

soul catchersoul catcherabout 14 years ago
Nice Telling

Interesting storyline - well told.

If I had a comment to make it would be on your epiphany scene. Perhaps it was the Sufi poem directing your thoughts but it seems like you came very close to suggesting Samira is not just a bridge, but a physical stand in for an Earth mother figure. It wasn't uncommon in ancient myths for the gods and goddesses to take human form. You have but to play up the linked fertility of woman and Earth to lock this connection down. An end note saying your character doesn't just want to see her again, but feels compelled to see her, wouldn't hurt. Kind of puts a destiny spin on things.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Interesting read

I will be honest - I am an analyst in the security field and I had to learn a lot about Islam and Iraq. This story intrigued me as a possible learning experience, and learn from it I did.

I am a big environmentalist and I wasn't aware of the problem you describe, I am glad I am now. Unfortunately people don't understand that the environment, nature is an interlinked web and when one thing goes wrong it sets off a chain reaction. We are ultimately destroying ourselves too but people are too short-sighted, too ignorant and heartless. Thank you for writing this, I think people should be aware of the issues you tackle here and sex sells!

Your story was great, I love layering (I would love to write a story linking Judaism and our Jewish mysticism with sex and love, especially since my religion already links sex, in a marriage of course, with G-d). But I think that you could have spent more time in developing it, I felt it was a bit rushed..

Peace and love,

Nili

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
sick

sick twisted story, mixing stories of religion,murder,death,chidren with sex....

Scheherazade88Scheherazade88over 10 years ago

Very well done. An excellent story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Muta?

I'm guessing you did muta? Awesome story by the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
the old one

splendid story. Minor error in spelling.

Indeed every place in the world is blessed!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous