All Comments on 'King of the Mountain'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 51 Comments
servant111servant111over 1 year ago

Absolutely lovely…!!!

5 stars

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeftover 1 year ago

Excellent! 5 stars. Great story line. I especially loved the dialogue among your characters.

1thaiguy1thaiguyover 1 year ago

Great story a few oops with names "Nicky lay on the carpet and watched cartoons on my TV while Nikki and I cuddled on the couch." LOL but still a great story

Bob_the_TurtleBob_the_Turtleover 1 year ago

i liked it. The story sucked me and I never crashed out of it. Evan's source of wealth seemed a bit unlikely, but stranger things happen every day. Liked the characters- a bit stereotypical, but it all worked. Nice mix of smooth-sailing and conflict, but I would have liked to see a little more of the outcome at the end. All-in-all, a nice job@

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 1 year ago

Great story, but I get the feeling you painted yourself into a corner with the exec assistant job and the epilogue was your escape. Up to post-breakfast with everyone it was going really well, you had plenty of mileage left in the story, but the way you finished it with both the rush-to-finish epilogue and that very last paragraph left a sour taste in my mouth.

G5902G5902over 1 year ago

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful story!!!

RanDog025RanDog025over 1 year ago

Beautiful love story! This is the kind of story I wish would go on and on. 5 BIG FAT SPARKLING BRILLIANT WHITE STARS! Loved the story and wish more Literotica Authors could write as well as you!

Cito22Cito22over 1 year ago

just great. we really need a mix of these feel good, well written stories intertwined with all the other stuff we read in order to "cleanse the soul" as I like to call it.

SurlygitSurlygitover 1 year ago

Didn't enjoy the turn around from hate to date at all. Felt forced and completely at odds with the earlier part.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 1 year ago

Great story I really enjoyed it. Two Bh76 stories in 2 days! How lucky am I!

Cheers

SAGE

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956over 1 year ago

Excellent story, as always with all your work. Worthy of 5 stars!

lukeshortlukeshortover 1 year ago

I really liked the story. 5✨

Wh00sherWh00sherover 1 year ago

Good story, end felt rushed

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

How many kids did they end up having? I can't believe you missed something like that! LOL 5*

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 1 year ago

Wonderful romance, what a beautiful tale you told!

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

Lovely story, 5/5, but you really rushed the ending. They went from breakfast to happily ever after in 2 paragraphs. The last line about his fulfilling his end of the deal really hurt the romance of the story. Felt like you just got sick of writing it at the end.

Bronco56Bronco56over 1 year ago

Great romantic story. 5stara

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

10 stars!. Lisa was a stay at home mom, she should have given her husband 4 more kids! WONDERFUL STORY!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A Romance written by a Master the way a Romance should be written. If you don' feel a tear or a tug on your heartstrings you should no be reading Romantic stories.

Homer21stCHomer21stCover 1 year ago

“Sbud” was my nickname for my son. It stood for “Special Buddy.” Your story was a nice reminder. 5 stars.

PS: ya did kinda rush the ending. :)

shadrachtshadrachtover 1 year ago

Sweet story, but the ending was very rushed. It's also easy to miss, but there's not any sex where he's attended to either - the only scene only involves him performing oral on her.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I was expecting the sign-on bonus as a gateway for marriage, but not that spot on 😂

RK52RK52over 1 year ago

Great job. You allowed the MC to overcome his paranoia and he allowed it to become a great story. Loved it.

bruce1971bruce1971over 1 year ago

You did a really interesting thing here!

We're all familiar with the traditional girl narrative that men are only interested in women for sex, or that they will only pay attention until they get laid, and threw it on its head. On one side, you've got Lisa parroting the standard "You're only interested in me because of what's in my panties" lines, but on the other side, you've got Evan, who has a history of only being valued for what's in his bank account. It sets up a nice comparison of the ways both sexes can feel used and exploited for what they can provide.

When I first read it, I thought that Evan may be one of the few men on the earth who knows what it's like to be a woman, at risk of being exploited for what he can provide, rather than appreciated for what he is. The thing is, though, that while most of us are not multi-millionaires, a lot of men know what it's like to be valued for what we can do for a woman, rather than who we are. Using Ethan and Lisa as extreme examples of a needy person and someone with resources, you've done a good job of exploring the way we use each other, and the way we fear being used. Nice!

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 1 year ago

I groaned when I saw his mechanics. To use a sexist term, he threw like a girl. I had to help; I couldn't let that go. and how do we get rid of sexist terms like that? STOP USING THEM

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Enjoyed it very much. I felt the emotions of the mc's were believably portrayed.

The repeated use of 'smirk' was an irritant. It means a smug (which is a negative adjective) smile. Smirks are unpleasant characteristics, not neutral ones.

arrowglassarrowglassover 1 year ago
Really good yarn!

I like happy endings!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You’re one of my favorite writers. Loved the story, but it felt rushed at the end. Regardless please writing, maybe one in LW again. Thanks.

burningloveburningloveover 1 year ago

You write very emotional stories - making me think of what I have to be thankful for - which is a very good thing!!!!

5 *****!

Burning Love

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 1 year ago

I liked it. The ending was kind of rushed, but otherwise very good. Evan’s emotions came through pretty clearly, and IMO the emotional impact is the sign of writing talent.

I found myself questioning one thing: the trip to the zoo. The night before, Lisa couldn’t dance because she’d hurt her ankle enough for it to swell. How did she manage walking all day at the zoo?

Hiram325Hiram325over 1 year ago

Among the best in this category. Do keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Simply marvelous. Loved the story. Very well written. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A a nice palette cleanser. Very sweet, although the hate to date felt unnatural. Arguing with a stranger in a McDonald's? When your kid is there? That's all the red flags anyone should need. Bad self-esteem in a potential partner, man or woman, is a huge turn off. I had a difficulty believing he'd be attracted to her so strongly despite her behavior just because he thought she was beautiful. Honestly, that's pretty much the only reason he ever gave. I don't know if that's a guy thing or what. I agree with the smirk comment. They felt out of place.

It seemed like you were heading to at least one more chapter, but the story ended abruptly and felt rushed. If you got sick of the story and didn't want to continue it, it would have been better to end the story on an open-ended, hopeful note instead of hurrying to tidy up all the pieces. That would have been much more satisfying.

TonyspencerTonyspencerover 1 year ago

Very sweet story and an enjoyable romantic read. 5*.

UncleGrahamUncleGrahamover 1 year ago

Okay...a reluctant five. It should be a criminal offence for authors to shave redhead pussies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great, uplifting story. Thank you. I needed that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just a great happy story. But leave it to the “find a fault” buzz kill crowd that litters the LW landscape (see @anon palette cleaner below). @palette thinks it’s a relationship killing red flag because Lisa possessively challenged Sarah in McDonalds over the MC. Really? That’s yer beef? Geez, really? I’d LOVE to have my wife of 35 years stake a firm public claim on me like that. This LV crowd really knows how to kill a buzz. There’s just no making them happy,. That’s okay though because most of them are losing in life and there’s just no making them happy. Not the author’s job. This piece was refreshingly positive and thankfully resisted the impulse to create contrived angst. Thank goodness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@palette cleanser below — are you for real? You can’t believe the MC would be so attracted to Lisa “ just because” she’s beautiful? Are you for real or just a troll? That’s the most inastute observation I’ve ever heard. Moronic really. What, a guy attracted to a women “just” because she’s the most beautiful he’s ever seen? Really? That’s not reason enough for an enduring attraction fir you? Really ? What are you, an alien? You can’t be a guy, or even a human being, with that non sequitur. And oh, for your reading comprehension, did you happen to miss all the times the MC raves about how much he loves Nicky the kid, and being with Lisa and her son as a family? Did you happen to miss all that in your “beauty ain’t enough” stupor? Geez, people on this site are so ridiculous, it’s almost as though they’re trying to sound stupid. Wonderful story. We should all be so lucky as the MC.

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianover 1 year ago

Another nice love story. Stories don’t have to be about cheating to be good. MtM

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Evan's mother is an interfering old bitch

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lovely story. What a sweet old thing his Mother was. She was only doing what all mothers do -- look out for her son's happiness. 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

3 stars.

I dislike this story simply because I don't like the story line.

Lisa is nothing but a small minded bigoted bitch with no sense of self worth. She won't change. She already self justifies her position and shitty attitudes. How her son didn't inherit or absorb her loser outlook on life is not believable.

With or without money she is still going to be the same insecure needy bitch.

With or without someone loving her she is still going to be the same she is still going to be the same insecure needy bitch.

She has a poverty mentality and a huge poor me syndrome. She feels she is stuck in a dead end meaningless job but other people have good glamorous jobs. What bullshit. What could a glamorous Dr do unless the lowly servile warehouse clerk did her job properly thereby ensuring the glamorous Dr had the right equipment medicines etc available at the right time. No wonder she is a loser.

She only knows how to take what she feels she wants for her perceived needs. She can not give anything to others.

She had absolutely no right or reason to attack Sarah. How can she claim Evan was hers when all she said and all had done was reject him, attack him and abuse him. Neither of them had spoken about any fledgling relationship. And then she has the temerity to get all self righteous and attack him again because he quite justifiably believed she was only after his money.

What a horrible nasty feminine trick his conniving mother played on her son when she arbitrarily decided that she, Lisa, needed him and that she, Jean, was going to make it happen regardless of what her son wanted or needed. She took the time and trouble to explain Lisa's situation to Evan so she could into doing what she wanted with Lisa. Did she ever take the time and trouble to explain to Lisa that his much loved wife had died and since then then all he can see in the women he dated is that they are gold diggers.

This story should be classified a horror story, not romance.

Despite that, this is still a well written error free story with some character development and a reasonably well executed ending.

olddave51olddave51about 1 year ago

Another great story. For all the naysayers, that's what it really is, a story, is it real life hell I don't know? I find it fun to read. 5 stars

nyteramblernyteramblerabout 1 year ago

I enjoyed the story and sometimes things do happen like in the story we never know what life will bring.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Top shelf Romance!

VicGoodhouseVicGoodhouse7 months ago

Good Story. Tame ending .

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Two tiny nits:

1) I have to feel sorry for anyone who’s favorite band is Kiss

2) “grinded” ???

SorchakSorchak4 months ago

Evan's character was pretty unrealistic, in some respects. He's in his late twenties, maybe thirty, and doesn't know what an aneurysm is? C'mon, seriously? You may not hear or read about them *every* day in the news, but it's often enough that he shouldn't NOT know. Especially since he's supposed to be fairly intelligent and does a lot of research for his stocks and whatnot. That might have been true 40 or more years ago, but this was written in 2022. Again, automatic star loss due the name screw up. I wanna know how Evan can grab a pillow and put it into his own lap and fall asleep?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...

SIMILAR Stories