Kismet Encounter Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You know, the whole exposure thing." Roland glanced over her shoulder, though they were alone in the cafeteria aside from the elderly cashier.

She glanced back at Camille. "Everyone knows what we are, what we can do. What does that mean for us?" Roland took a bite of her sandwich, chewing thoughtfully.

Camille sighed. She wasn't sure what it all meant, although she knew life would never be the same.

Without a word to say, she shrugged and broke off a piece of chocolate chip cookie, washing it down with stale hospital coffee from the carafe. It was about as warm as the surface of the metal table and she swallowed it down with

disdain.

"I think it may be a problem at first. It'll take a while for people to understand that we're still just the same as them, only..." Camille trailed off, unsure how to finish her sentence.

"Only, we can read people's minds, move shit with our thoughts, force people to do shit, set shit on fire, do shit on computers. We're like halfass X-men."

"No, Roland, more like half-ass X-women." They both laughed louder than anticipated, earning a precarious glare from the old woman at the cash register as she walked past their table toward the exit. Camille had to admit to herself that the two of them were way passed sleep deprived.

When Roland sobered, her face became serious. "Do you think you'll go back to Cleveland?"

It hadn't occurred to Camille as an option before Roland asked her, but she realized she wanted nothing more than to go home if not just to see her family. "I miss my parents. I bet they think Malcolm and I are dead or got kidnapped into some human trafficking bit. I haven't had a chance to call them to let them know we're okay. They're probably worried sick." Roland's face fell as she took another piece of food into her mouth and she nodded.

"What about school?"

Camille swallowed, shaking her head. "I'd love to but it's not like I'm going to see that money Thorn promised me. Honestly, I'm just happy to be alive and that she's behind bars, for now." Camille didn't know what she'd do if Thorn did jump jail. The lengthy court trial ahead of them was daunting, but Camille couldn't wait to see justice served.

Thorn had left the three of them to die in the building without remorse. When Allen approached them shortly after they arrived at the hospital, he was frantic, terrified that they had perished in the fire. The water had been shut off months after the closure of the facility, rendering the sprinklers useless.

"Camille, I can help out with school." Camille looked up and saw the earnest expression on Roland's face, her lips hooked in a crooked smile.

"No, I'm not letting you pay for my schooling. You'd go broke."

Roland chortled, covering her mouth as to not disturb a group of weary looking nurses heading to the food line. "You're kidding me, right?"

Camille smiled, shrugging her shoulders. She knew Roland wasn't hurting financially but she wasn't sure she was ready to delve back into the human mind, even if metaphorically and academically, for a long, long time. "You're sweet but I think I may want to take a little time off, spend it with my parents and Malcolm."

A sigh escaped Roland's mouth, her face forlorn. "That makes sense. You need a little respite after all of this madness." Camille was shocked at the tenderness in her voice.

The Roland Costello she met a week prior was replaced with this stranger, her hand reaching across the table, fingers tentatively touching Camille's. "What about you?" Camille whispered. "What are your plans until this trial happens?"

Roland shrugged with nonchalance, feigning her disinterest. "I don't know." They sat in silence for a few minutes, Camille watching Roland finish her sandwich before she began picking absently at the table, her free hand still over Camille's. Her cerulean gaze caught her eyes, her voice barely a whisper. "Do you think we could, um, spend some time together when you come back from seeing your family?"

Camille stared at Roland, the question asked in such a pleading tone. "Do you want me to?"

"Well, yeah, of course I do."

She turned her hand so her fingers intertwined with Roland's "You're free to join me, meet my parents and see where I live," Camille began, and she watched Roland's face brighten, her cheeks flushing. "On one condition."

"Okay," Roland said slowly.

"I don't share very nicely and I'm not the kind of girl who's okay with my girlfriend sleeping around." Camille held her head high, wanting for Roland's answer.

"I understand and respect that." Roland let out a long breath and Camille worried her lip with her teeth. "It's not something I'm used to, but I want to try if you'll let me."

Camille stood, rounding the table to kiss Roland on her lips. "Duh, I'll let you try."

Roland wrapped her arm around Camille's waist and held her there. "Do you want to get out of here?"

Camille blinked. "Absolutely."

Roland gathered her trash and lifted herself from the chair, wrapping her arms around Camille. "Should we go say bye to your sister and Natalie?" Camille murmured.

"I guess we probably should." They walked into the elevator together, Roland threading her fingers in Camille's while she pressed the button to reach the floor they needed. Roland leaned on the wall of the elevator, pulling Camille's back close to her chest as the doors shut.

"After that, we need to go home so we can consummate this relationship," Camille alluded, pressing her body harder against Roland's.

She placed her chin on top of Camille's head, sighing as she toyed with her loose curls with her free hand. "Before anything, I think we could use some competitive cuddling."

Camille felt her lips tug into a grin as she turned her head backward to see Roland's face. "What the hell is competitive cuddling?"

Roland shrugged, hugging Camille tighter to her, her chuckle reverberating through her chest. "I don't know—I made it up."

Although Roland hadn't spoken the words, Camille could feel the undeniable love in her ardent embrace and Camille closed her eyes, relishing in the happiness and tranquility engulfing, sending a silent plea that the worst was behind them for good.

******

EPILOGUE

Two months later

Two months had felt like an eternity but the court proceedings had begun their initial meetings. After being held without bail in jail, Roland hoped Dr. Thorn was ready to simply admit guilt and let her victims pass without going through with a trial, but, as expected, the bitch plead innocent, leading Roland, Jude, Camille, Natalie, and their new friends into the unknown difficulties of said court hearing.

Roland lit the candle by the open balcony, her anticipation causing a slight tremor in her hand. The only good part about the court hearing's start was Camille was coming back. Any moment, actually. Roland couldn't stay in her apartment, couldn't stay in the city. As luck saw it, neither could Jude or Natalie. With their father's accounts being divided between the two of them at his request, the twins bought up property on a tiny island in the Puget Sound, far away from their father's business, curious gazes, and the inevitable questions from those who had known them before.

Adjusting to life with the population knowing you could peek into their brain without much effort was terrible. With the sensationalism surrounding the court case and the release of documents stating government funding being funneled into Thorn's project, everyone knew about Roland and Jude. Everyone knew about Camillie and her brother. It had become common knowledge that the twins, along with dozens of other children, were tested on because of their abilities.

Now, they were far away, in the middle of the woods, far enough away for privacy from the general public, save the stray llama from the farm down the road. She was sick of people treating them like freaks, like heroes, like villains, like a thing to be curious about rather than another human being. Roland was beginning to realize how the X-men must've felt.

As it was, she had Gladys order the entire comic collection for her, just to get a semblance of how to deal with her new reality. It didn't teach her much but it kept her mind off the mess they were in.

Roland stepped out onto the balcony and set her gaze ahead, to the churning sea in hopes of seeing a ferry boat. She checked her phone for the time. Camille was set to have been there already, delivered by a taxi. Roland had offered to go onto the mainland and pick her up from the airport but Camille had refused. Dinner was planned next door, at Jude's house. A grand dinner, Jude had promised, to ring in the beginning of the court hearings and to bring them luck in sending Thorn away for good.

Roland hoped Camille would arrive with enough time for them to spend a little time together before folks began to arrive. She sent her a quick text to see where she was but hadn't received a response. It had only been two weeks since they'd been together but Roland missed her more than she wanted to admit. She'd gone with Camille to Cleveland, along with her brother, to meet her parents. They were lovely people, though stunned with the events.

A knock at the door sent Roland's heart aflutter. She rolled her eyes at herself and chuckled. Only one person made her heart aflutter, and she hoped that person was at the front door. Fuck. She was done for. She had to admit it to herself: she was madly in love with Camille and there wasn't a goddamn thing she could do about it.

Well, except maybe tell her if I ever get the fucking nerve to.

She opened the mahogany door and grinned as she stared at Camille. "I'm here," she said in a singsong voice.

Roland yanked her in and wrapped her arms around Camille, tugged her fully into the house, slammed the door shut, and pressed Camille to the closed door. "Fuck, I missed you," she said against her lips before kissing her.

Camille dropped her suitcase before tossing her wrists around Roland's neck. "I missed you, too." Camille's scent flooded Roland, intoxicating, luscious, and mesmerizing.

Camille twisted Roland, switching their positions and pressing Roland's back against the door. A smile played at the corner of Camille's lips, taunting and goddamned sexy. "Let me have my way with you, love."

The tone of her voice, as soft as honey, sent a wave of arousal through Roland. She leaned her head back and swallowed. "Please, do."

Camille kissed Roland's lips, her cheek, her chin, her neck. Roland closed her eyes and let the sensations overcome her, her relief of Camille's safety, her presence, her love. Camille ran her tongue over Roland's neck as she unbuttoned Roland's jeans, her warm fingers spreading over Roland's stomach and hip bones. Roland gasped as Camille gently bit her neck. "You really have missed me, haven't you?"

Instead of answering, Camille tugged Roland's jeans and underwear down her hips and slipped her hand between Roland's legs. "Based on how wet you are, I think you may have missed me more," Cammile whispered next to Roland's ear before capturing her earlobe between her teeth.

She swept a finger over Roland's clit, eliciting a long moan from Roland. "How bad do you want this?" she asked, slowly drawing circles over Roland's clit. Roland gasped, tightening a grip on Camille's shoulders.

"B-bad. I want you bad, Camille. Touch me, fuck me." Love me. Roland wanted to say it, wanted to tell Camille how she felt, but she couldn't. Her terror of rejection stifled the urge to say it but, as Camille kissed her lips, Roland couldn't think of anything beside her love for her.

Camille moved away from her, leaving Roland. "Where are you going?" she breathed.

Camille ran her tongue over her lips. "I thought we could acquaint ourselves with your kitchen counters." Roland beamed, tugged her unbuttoned pants over her hips, took Camille's hand, and tugged her to the kitchen. Rather than the marble countertops she had in her apartment, the ones in the house were formica, but durable enough.

As she reached to help Camille onto the counters. Camille shook her head. "I want you up there."

Roland opened her mouth to argue but shut it and nodded. She pulled her jeans and underwear down, tossing them to the floor, and hopped onto the counter. A week without sex had left her hungry, starving for Camille. No one but Camille. The counter spread cold over her bare ass but she parted her legs as Camille knelt before her and drew an anticipatory breath.

Camille brought her face close to Roland's pussy, then tilted her gaze upward. "Roland," she murmured, the heat of her words spreading over Roland's exposed legs. "I...missed you." The longing in her voice, along with the glimmer in her eyes, set a fire of desire burning through Roland.

She let her head fall back on the cabinets and sighed shakily. "Please, Camille, touch me."

Without needing to hear the request a second time, Camille ran her tongue over Roland's clit, then again, and again, hard and fast swipes. Roland clutched the edge of the counter and squeezed her eyes from the sudden pleasure.

It built swift and unbridled, burning the muscles of Roland's thighs, scorching a path to her very soul. Camille slipped a finger into her, then another, flickering her tongue over her clit and Roland moaned, her pleasure peaking too fast, too hard. She grasped the back of Camille's head, gently weaving her fingers through her thick hair as it crashed over her. "Fuck, Camille, keep going. Fuck, I love you."

It slammed into her, causing her muscles to tense, the knobs of the cabinets pressing hard into her back, but she didn't care. Nothing compared to the intensity of Camille's touch, the ardor in her tongue, the love in her hot breath.

Roland's body settled, Camille standing up and wrapping her arms around Roland's shoulders. Grabbing a hold of her, Roland leaned her head beside Camille's "So, how do these counters compare to the ones in my apartment?"

Camille chuckled, kissing Roland's forehead. "I prefer this kitchen, I think. Your penthouse was a bit, uh, garish."

Roland pressed a hand to her chest. "Really? Garish?"

Camille stepped back and Roland hopped off the counter.. She checked the time on the stove. "Shit, we have to get ready for my sister's little pre-trial horaah, gather the troops, dinner party." She grabbed her clothes and hurried to tug them up her legs, Camille following her.

Roland headed to the balcony, to blow out her candle, when Camille secured an arm around her waist and placed her head on Roland's shoulder. Roland turned her around, suddenly needing her hands on her body. Camille gazed at her, her lips parted, eyes half-lidded. Roland wanted to devour her, but Camille whispered with determination, "Roland."

Eyes wide, Roland realized what she'd said during their tousle in the kitchen. Had she told Camille she loved her? Shit. Shit. Shit.

"Yeah?" Roland asked as calmly as possible, though the fear was clear in her tone.

She smiled a soft, delicate smile. "I love you, too. Now, let's go have dinner with everyone. If we wait any longer, they'll know exactly what we were doing."

Thanks for waiting forever for this. As always, comments/feedback/etc totally welcome. And a gigantic thank you to all of those who are checking out my novels!! Your support means a hell of a lot.