Amy and Dee

Story Info
Young woman falls in love with an older one.
23.9k words
4.83
48.8k
127

Part 1 of the 8 part series

Updated 11/14/2023
Created 02/20/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Amy and Dee

By Sandy Paris

There will a lead-in before there is any sexual activity, so if that is what you're after, look elsewhere.

All characters are fictitious, over eighteen and all sexual activity is consensual. Any resemblance to actual persons is accidental.

Please enjoy and consider leaving a comment and/or a rating.

I climbed onto the stool and briefly checked myself out in the mirror behind the bar, until my thoughts were interrupted with a question, "Can I help you, Ma'am?" I smiled at the bartender in his smart waistcoat, crisp white shirt and stylish silk tie.

"Thank you, can I have a gin and tonic please."

He turned away and I looked back into the mirror. I'm twenty-two years of age, at five feet nine inches, above average height for a girl, I'm slim, with small breasts, but my long legs make up for that. I have long, very dark brown hair that reaches the middle of my back, brown eyes with a nice face. I have quite a thin upper lip that had always annoyed me because I thought that it detracted from my looks. I've never had any problem attracting interest, but I haven't found the girl for me yet. I'm a lesbian, I've known that I was for many years and I'm comfortable with it. As my drink was put down in front of me, I smiled at the barman and crossed my legs. I was wearing a neat blue dress that ended mid-thigh and showed plenty of those legs.

I looked around, but the bar was quiet. I had an interview in the morning for a post as a management trainee with a large services supply company. My interview was at ten o'clock and, as I lived with my aunt a good distance away, I'd travelled here earlier and was staying the night. It was an upmarket hotel and I'd decided to splurge. I was lucky, I suppose, that I had the money. It had come from my parents who'd died in an accident six years ago but I'd rather have had them than the money. My aunt had done her best, performed miracles actually, but she was much older than my Mum and her health wasn't great. Even so, I had no right to complain.

I was brought back to the here and now by someone taking the barstool next to me. She also ordered a gin and tonic and I got the chance to look her over. About four inches shorter than me, shoulder-length fair hair, a wide smile, lovely pale blue eyes and a few years older than me. She wore a black tailored skirt and a beige silk blouse that were not from a chain store. She had a fuller figure than me, more curvaceous, nice legs and a nice smile. I was able to get a good look at her in the mirror, she was gorgeous.

I noticed that she checked her watch twice in a short period of time and she sighed rather audibly. I have no idea what prompted me to speak, but I asked, "I assume that whoever you're waiting for is late. It's really annoying, I hate lateness."

She turned to me and smiled. "So, do I, really hate it and when she gets here, if she gets here, it won't make things any easier."

I smiled, but said nothing until she asked, "So, have you been stood up as well?"

"No, I'm here for an interview tomorrow and live so far away that I decided to splash out and stay here overnight. I simply felt like a couple of drinks before an early night."

"What's the job, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Not at all. It's a management trainee job at Haskell and Company. I graduated from Lancashire University with a Master's degree in business management. Haskells training programme has a good reputation and I fancy living in this city."

"I've heard good things about that programme." She replied and it was right then that her 'date' appeared looking flustered. She was mid-thirties, nice figure with blond hair, but it looked as if she'd thrown her clothes on without much thought. As my bar friend said goodbye, she wished me good luck.

I sat thinking about the woman and her friend. Somehow, I couldn't see the two of them as a pair. My friend was obviously much older than me, but she was gorgeous and there was something about her. Later on, that night as I lay in bed she came to mind again and I regretted not knowing who she was. Despite our age difference, there was something that enticed me.

*****

Haskells offices were smart, modern and gave off an air of competence. They provide services to other companies, everything from distribution to HR. Most of their clients were smaller companies who couldn't justify having departments for personnel, audit, accountancy, advertising or legal advice. Other larger companies contracted Haskells to undertake specific functions, the most important of which was distribution.

I'd spent a good deal of time considering the suit that I wore and it had set me back a fair sum, but I knew that it would make an impression. The question was, would I make such a good impression during the interviews? Interviews, there were two and by the end, I knew that I could not have acquitted myself any better. Helen, one of the staff, took me on a tour of the building and told me about their work in more detail. After about forty-five minutes we stopped at the lifts where she said, "Amy, that's the end of the tour. I hope that you enjoyed it and found it useful. Obviously, as you were given the tour, they're considering you. It doesn't mean they've decided, but you're in the running. Now, I can take you down and you can go, but if you'd like lunch there's a dining room upstairs and I'll treat you."

"Lunch would be great. I've got a couple of hours on the train to get home."

The dining room was welcoming and the food was good. Helen and I chatted and the things she said made me all the more eager for this post. We were back at the lifts and as the door opened, I was stunned to see my friend from the bar the previous evening step out. She saw me and smiled, "How was your interview?"

"It was great, I think anyway. You work here?" I was so surprised that I struggled to get the words out.

"Yes, I do. Maybe we'll bump into each other again. Good luck." With that, she turned and walked off.

Helen and I got into the lift, she turned to me with wide eyes, "How do you know Ms Manning?"

"I don't. She sat next to me in the hotel bar for about ten minutes last night. I had no idea she worked here or even what her name was."

"Deirdre Manning prefers Dee. She manages one of the teams that handle our larger clients. She's a big noise around here. Some people call her Frosty, she can be a bit icy."

Two hours later I took my first sip of a very expensive gin and tonic on the train north. Twice the price of the one I'd had the previous evening and half as good. I thought about the interview and Dee Manning. I'd love to get to know her better, but even if I did get the job, she was well out of my league. That thought didn't stop me from dreaming about her that night. It was pretty lewd; she stood over me as I ate her pussy whilst she demanded more.

*****

I spent the next month working as a temp in a large department store. I didn't really like it, but the staff discount helped fill my wardrobe and shoe collection. That gave me four weeks before I started work for Haskells and time to find a place to live. I bought a decent-sized apartment near the city centre and had time to settle in. My Aunt was going to miss me, but she wished me well as I waved goodbye. I was looking forward to a new start and maybe the chance to find someone to share my life with.

Training starts

The first two weeks at Haskells were a whirlwind of things so that the four of us who'd been taken onto the management training programme could learn about the company. All four of us were female, which was a first for Haskells. The other three women were nice and friendly, but I knew after the first week that I wasn't going to be close to any of them. I was allocated to the services department for the first year. They provided everything that a small company could need to help them. After a month, I felt that I was getting a grip on what was required and started to enjoy it. I didn't have much social life, a few drinks with other staff, but that was the limit.

I was leaving work one Friday evening with no plans, except a trip to the supermarket and doing some laundry. The lift door opened and I stepped in without paying much attention to the only other occupant. "Good evening Miss King, how are you getting on?"

I looked up to see who'd spoken and to my surprise found that it was Deirdre Manning. "Oh, hello. Yes, thank you, I'm doing okay, fine actually, enjoying it now that I've settled in."

"Good." She said nothing else, but I wondered how she knew my name.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"That was a question, but I'm guessing it was something else."

I smiled. "How do you know my name?"

"I know the names of all the new trainees. Having bumped into you and recognising you from the hotel bar I asked about you."

"So, you know all my secrets."

"I doubt that and, in any case, you know who I was dating."

"I guess that things didn't work out. Although that's none of my business."

"It's okay, even Frosty melts from time to time."

I burst out laughing before saying, "So you know your nickname?"

"Of course. I don't mind, it's mostly true." She hesitated before asking me, "Do you have plans, fancy a drink?"

"My only plans were laundry, but why would you want to spend time with me, I'm just a lowly trainee?"

"Come on." She grabbed my elbow as we left the lift and after a five-minute walk in silence, we entered a rather fancy looking bar. She didn't mess about, headed straight for the bar and was about to place an order, but turned to me, "Do you drink red wine, they have a nice Barolo here?"

"Yes, a glass of that would be nice. Thank you, Ms Manning." She made a strange noise, like a grunt of disapproval, before turning back to the barman.

"George, good evening, a bottle of Barolo please, the one I like, with two glasses and can you bring it over?" He nodded. She led me to an alcove table, shrugged off her coat and sat down. I was taken by surprise but did likewise. Her dress was black fine wool and it hugged her curves, very nice curves. She smiled at me and I detected a glint in her eyes. God, she's gorgeous.

"Out of the office, it's Dee. I hate Deirdre."

Over the next two hours, we finished the wine and a bottle of sparkling water. We spoke about music and books that we liked, some of the visits to the theatre she'd made and she told me about her recent trip to Barcelona, which she'd done on her own.

"None of my business, but I guess the woman you met in the bar that evening didn't last?"

She threw her head back and laughed. "We didn't even make it through dinner. I was annoyed that she was late and her prattling and gossip about her colleagues were so shallow I cut her off. She walked out. When I got home that evening it occurred to me that I'd have enjoyed staying at the bar and talking to you more."

We said our farewells and headed home, well I've no idea where she went. I lay in bed thinking about her and wishing that she was beside me. Older, yes, but she was fun and wonderful. Never mind, she was out of my league. It didn't stop me from dreaming about her, again.

*****

Miss Manning and I met a couple of times over the next ten months, a chat over a shared bottle of wine and nothing much else.

I'd met a girl, my age, in a bar one evening and we agreed to go dancing. Zara was lovely and almost my double, same figure, height the lot. It took a few dates before we ended up in bed. It was good and I enjoyed it, going back for more a few times over the next six weeks. It wasn't love and as good as it was something was missing.

One evening I decided to call her to see if she wanted to meet and go dancing the next evening. She seemed hesitant to speak and when I heard another female voice in the background saying "Come on Zara tell her to fuck off, it's me you want." I hung up.

She tried calling me. We'd never said that we were exclusive, but as far as I was concerned it's one at a time, so I was finished.

I told Dee about it in a moment of weakness and she sympathised, but I wish that I'd kept my mouth shut. I was embarrassed about sharing that with her.

*****

My phone rang and I picked up the receiver whilst still reading an email. It took me a few seconds to realise that it was Dee. "Miss King, if you don't have any plans, meet me at the door at 5?"

"Yes. No plans, five, okay." It took me by surprise, as it had each time, she'd done it.

Dee had a wide smile as she walked over to me, "Bottle of wine and a chat. That okay?"

"Lovely. No plans except laundry and that can wait."

We were at the same table we'd used a few times over recent months. After some pleasantries, she smiled and asked, "Time for the trainees to rotate in a few weeks. Any idea what you fancy?"

I thought before answering. 'Apart from you in my bed?' But I kept that to myself. "No, I don't mind. It'll be something new and that's what the training is all about."

She took another sip of wine before she spoke again, "You're coming to my department. It wasn't my decision, but I was pleased when they told me earlier."

I was pleased, delighted really. Her department was very much different from I'd been doing. "That's great, I look forward to it."

"I'd already decided that whoever was coming was going to have a different role from previous trainees. In a couple of months, I'm going to give you a client to look after. They're good people and they've agreed. I hope you'll learn a lot."

That was the end of work chat. For the rest of the next two hours, it was about our very poor social lives, books and other day to day trivia.

New department

It may have been the same company, but the new department was vastly different from my first year. Big clients with dedicated teams to support them. The other staff members were efficient and friendly, there was no shortage of people willing to show me the ropes and make me smile. My supervisor was Celia, she was mid-thirties and took no crap from anyone, but she was also friendly and made me feel welcome. Over coffee one day she told me that she was married with two kids that she adored. She loved her job but knew that if she wanted to be promoted it would have a detrimental effect on her family life and that was a no-go area, at least until her kids were older. "I love working for Miss Manning, I know exactly where I stand. I get the impression that you know each other from before Haskells and that you're friendly."

"I first met her the night before my interview. It was by chance in the bar of the hotel I was staying in and we got talking. I had no idea who she was until I bumped into here the next day. I wouldn't say that we were friends, but we have been for a drink a couple of times over the last year."

"Well, she must like you. I've never known her to do that with anyone else."

That gave me a few things to think about. What was our relationship? I wasn't sleeping with her, but I'd like to.

I settled in quickly and realised that I was pretty good at this area of work. In those two months, I'd spoken to Dee a couple of times but only when she was checking to see how I was doing. We shared a coffee one lunchtime, but I got the impression that because I was working for her, our drinking sessions were over. It was probably no bad thing, but I realised how much I was missing them and her.

*****

I heard a shout and a door slam. The next thing was Janice, Dee's PA, storming out trying to get an arm into the sleeve of her coat and failing, causing her to curse. I wondered what that was all about, but it was none of my business.

I'd forgotten about it until the next day when the gossip suggested that Janice had screwed up something in a big way and landed Dee in a pile of trouble. As I walked past her office door that afternoon, I saw that she was leaning back in her chair, staring at the ceiling; I assume she was deep in thought. I stopped and looked in, asking, "You okay?"

"Amy, hello. I'm okay, come in." I walked towards her desk. Something clicked and she simply said, "Crappy situation. I need wine. Fancy sharing a bottle tonight?"

"Miss Manning I'd like to, but is that a good idea now that I'm working for you?"

"I don't know and don't care. Five o'clock?" I nodded and turned away.

We didn't even have the wine before she started telling me about the screw up her PA had made. "It was the last straw. I never got on with her and she didn't like me either. A good PA is vital and can make such a difference. The woman who used to work with me was brilliant, but her husband took a job up north and she went too. I cursed him upside down."

We talked about work and our lives in general for a while, until I had an idea.

"Dee, can I ask you? Your PA must understand a lot of what you do and see what goes on."

"Yes. They should know everything that I'm involved in, they don't have to do it, but they should know what's what. Unfortunately, Janice didn't have any interest."

"Could I fill in for her, for a while? Surely I'd learn." There was no response for a few minutes so I sipped my wine in silence.

"But you're a management trainee, not a PA."

"I know, but being close to what you do would allow me to learn. I'd see you in action and managing diaries, emails and phone calls is within my skill set."

"You would learn a lot and Celia tells me that you're doing well. But you'd be seen as a PA, not a management trainee."

"But I'd be learning and that's what it's all about for me."

*****

It took a week before it was approved and the following Monday I sat at a new desk and had a very long talk with Miss Manning about my role. Dee was no more, Miss Manning from now on.

It took almost three weeks before I worked it out. Dee had three meetings that Friday and two of them were with really important clients. I'd stayed late the previous evening working on something so I was happy that morning when I took her coffee into her.

"Morning Miss Manning. I have coffee and files for this morning's meetings."

I laid two folders on her desk. She flipped open the top one and I could see that she looked puzzled as she read the front sheet. She looked up and asked, "What's this?"

"I've collated all of the papers for the client and I've included the minutes of recent meetings. The first page lists actions and things that were agreed upon at the last meeting, a status update on work in progress, things I think you need to clarify and information that you might want to ask for. I hope that it's okay."

She looked down. "Okay, give me ten minutes to look this over."

Celia was in with Dee, but the door was open and I heard Dee talking as I walked past. I slowed and eavesdropped. Naughty girl!

I heard Celia say, "You won't be able to say that you're not prepared. This looks great, she's a smart cookie is Amy."

"I'm stunned. It's great, takes me back to when Hannah was here."

I'd heard enough, headed to the loo and collected fresh coffee on my way back. "Brought you a fresh coffee Ms Manning."

She smiled as I put the mug down. "Thanks, Amy, for the coffee and the files, they're good."

"I'll have a file for this afternoon's meeting at lunchtime. Can we talk on Monday about what's in them, what's missing? It'll make more sense after you've had these meetings today and I can refine what you need." I smiled and got one back.

She simply said, "Yes, that's great and thanks." I walked away thinking about that smile. She turned me on, I fancied her, but she was my boss.

I thought about Dee all weekend. It didn't matter what I was doing, exercise, laundry, shopping, nothing stopped my head from being full of her.