Kismet or Happenstance? Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ana sent him a quick, skeptical glance.

"And I'm not just saying it to make you feel better. Grams thinks you're a "fine girl" and my mom agrees."

Her bloodshot eyes still looked skeptical.

"It's true," Sean said and grinned, hoping she'd let go of her unfounded worry that she'd failed somehow. "My mom can be—" he searched the lexicon of euphemisms, "—a handful when she's upset but she's a softie and she knows it couldn't have been easy for you to stay with us the way you did."

She repaid his diplomacy with a nod and a partial smile. She was about to say something then stopped. He was sure she was going to downplay her presence today.

"I better fix my face," Ana said with affected humor, "or I'll freak everyone out. You go ahead."

He doubted the remedy to her particular concern would be found at the bottom of her bag, not unless she had a magic wand to erase the fact that he'd caught her crying.

"Hey."

Sean waited until Ana stopped fidgeting with her bag and took the Kleenex from her hand. He wanted her to know he knew exactly what she was doing—or trying to. He wouldn't let her dismiss what just happened. Her bashful, bloodshot eyes met his but she didn't avert her gaze as he wiped away the wet trails along her nose and cheeks. He slid his forefinger down her blotchy nose when he finished.

Ana blinked away a fresh batch of tears at his touch. He should be with his family, not sitting here, wiping away her tears the way Dad did when Jeffrey Diaz had pushed her off the playground slide.

"Sean?"

The lost-girl-note in her voice made him wish magic wands really existed. Suddenly her arms banded around him with surprising strength.

"Thank you."

The throaty timbre of her voice, the emotion barely contained below her words, made his throat knot up. His arms tightened around her back.

"Aw, hun. You don't have to thank me." He brushed his mouth over hers to silence any objection and tasted saline, cherries and gratitude.

He'd remember the expression on her face the rest of his life as he stood and offered her his hand. He was sure of it. He'd been watching her the same way most of the afternoon.

"Don't take too long."

* * * * *

Exhaustion set in as the numbers lit up, followed by the chime. Were they going to stop on every damn floor? He closed his eyes and Ana's hand moved, redirecting his focus to the sensations along his back. He draped an arm across her shoulder and leaned into her, inhaling her fresh, floral scent and felt the tension ebb. That happened a lot when Ana was near.

Six.

Finally, they could escape this steel cage and put the day behind them.

The last thing he expected was the moment of stillness he walked into. Right here in a half empty parking lot with orange lighting. A surreal peace and Ana. He wasn't even touching her and yet he felt her. He was lifted, grounded, calm and electrified all at once.

Her hand clasped his and their eyes connected as they had so many times today, but something felt different. He saw more.

"You've had a long day. Why don't you stay with me tonight and drive back in the morning."

A sense of victory edged out his weariness as he nodded his answer. Something changed since they left her apartment. He wasn't up for analyzing it, whatever "it" was. This right here, what he was feeling, was good enough for now.

"Come," Ana said as she pulled his hand and tilted her head towards the parking spaces, "let's go home."

That sounded perfect.

* * * * *

Ana caught the last pillow and dropped it in the bergère. "You know, a warm shower would help you unwind."

He unbuttoned his shirt. "Join me."

That sounded good. "I'll get you some towels."

Minutes later Sean stood behind her. Naked. But she didn't see a mere collection of parts making up his physical form. Their eyes intersected in the mirror and she felt stripped of her emotional armor, just like the moment when he found her in the stairwell. Feeling self-conscious and out of her depth, she dropped her gaze to the sink. When she looked up again, the moment was gone.

"I use an electric toothbrush." Uh, I think he could've figured it out. Remember he graduated the top of his class? "The brush head with the red rim is yours," Ana continued while trying to forget just how she'd learned of Sean's academic prowess. Maybe prowess wasn't an appropriate word right now. She stepped out of his way when he reached for the attachment.

"Thanks."

Ana hung a set of towels on the bar and started the shower while he finished up. "The water's perfect. I'll be in, in a minute," she said before he got in, keeping her eyes northbound except for a peek or three.

Teeth brushed, hair pinned, clothes and make-up gone she joined him. "Hi."

Sean stood like a rain-soaked statue. Seconds passed before he turned around, his eyes half shut. It was weird seeing him zapped of his larger-than-life energy. The need to soothe and protect hurtled her into the tub-stall. She reached into the shower caddy for her sparingly used, feel-good body wash and covered his skin in creamy foam. The sunshine-and-fresh-cotton scent of Pure Grace was the perfect antidote to a day in hospital air.

"If had a million dollars right now, I'd give it to you," he sighed as her fingers worked away the tightness in his shoulders and back.

"Just one?"

"Took one off because of the girly stuff."

She pushed him into the cascading water in playful retaliation

He laughed. "Baby, that's just mean."

"I'm always as nice as you deserve," she quipped while reaching for the shampoo. "See?" She dared him to disagree as she moved the lather around his scalp in rhythmic circles. His sounds of appreciation bounced off the wet tiles as her fingers melted the stubborn knot above his nape.

He closed his eyes, once again giving himself over to her care. His head swayed into her palms. The pads of her fingers maneuvered his scalp, waking up sensitive nerve endings with every circle, every press. Threads of tingling bliss spiraled from the roots of his hair, down his back and legs. Goosebumps covered his skin.

"Are you cold?"

Even the sound of her voice behind him had a visceral effect.

"Mmm-mmn. Feels good."

It was an understatement. The sensation bordered on erotic, but he didn't chase after it. Ana deserved more than the perfunctory quickie he was capable of right now. He wanted to take his time when he had her again. He wanted to show her how much he appreciated having her with him today, the way she took care of him. Tonight, she needed to rest and he wanted her to have it as much as he wanted to be inside her again. He could do it. He could lie next to her and hold her and it would be enough. But tomorrow morning...

He already looked forward to the big decision: Should he start at her feet and work his way up? He closed his eyes, trying to stem the flood of sensory impressions: The contrast of her golden skin against her white sheets. Her firm, soft skin under his hands as he parted her long legs. The tight, breathy sounds she made when he took her in his mouth to smell and taste her. The way her autumn brown eyes darkened as he slid his...

He guided Ana into switching places with him after he'd been rinsed from head to toe. He'd have a better chance at keeping his thoughts clean if her hands weren't on him.

"Your turn."

She stood still while Sean alternated between using the shower sponge and his bare hands on her. The feel of airy foam, rough fabric, and slow fingers sliding over her wet skin felt relaxing—at first. But his swirling patterns reminded her it had been a week since they... Ana squashed the next thoughts in line and stepped into the warm drizzle.

"Not yet," he protested as she reached for the dials. His voice was thick with sleep.

He pulled her to him, molding his front to her back. Warm water poured down her chest while his hands cupped shoulders, her breasts, and absently stroked her stomach. His touch felt reverent; as if he needed convincing she was real. But a dull sting started between her legs, despite knowing it wasn't his intent to arouse her, despite it being selfish to want him now.

"Sean?"

The rough bristle of his day-old stubble made her wriggle and giggle as he nuzzled her neck. His arms crisscrossed her waist, stilling her movements

"Mmm?"

"This is nice—"

"Mm-hmm."

He made no attempt to move. Ana cuddled closer.

"—but we should get out."

"Mm-hmm," he agreed and pressed a kiss below her earlobe. She squeezed her thighs together to stop the heat blooming there. She laughed inside at her own horn doggishness.

"C'mon, sleepy thing." A sliver of delight colored her words. "Let's get out of here before we turn into prunes."

"Okay," Sean conceded with a hint of childlike petulance, still in no hurry to move or let her go.

* * * * *

Ana tucked the sheet below his ribs and smoothed back his hair. "Goodnight, Irish," she whispered.

He frowned and caught her wrist, his eyes still closed. "Where are you going?" he asked peevishly.

"Girly stuff. Some of us have to work hard at being beautiful."

His lips curled up and he let go of her hand.

"This is the part where you say something like 'oh, no, you're already very beautiful'."

His eyes opened and lingered on her face like a caress. Ana went from sassy playfulness to sensual awareness under his slow appraisal. He looked like a fantasy rouge with his lazy smile and dreamy blue eyes. How did this man end up in her life, in her bed?

"That's amateur stuff—" he yawned, "—I can do better than that." Even half asleep, Sean still managed to sound self-assured and more than a bit cocky.

"You already do." Ana leaned forward and kissed the dimple in his chin then fussed with the sheet until it folded perfectly below his ribs. It felt really good to look after him, even in this small way. "I was just kidding," she promised and dimmed the light. "Get some rest."

Ana tiptoed her way back to the bedroom and eased the dresser drawer open. She slid on the first shirt her fingers landed on. It was strictly for comfort and rest then again, tonight was all about comfort and rest.

Sean's voice made her jump and turn around.

"Does it always take this long?" he grumped with his eyes closed.

"I thought you were asleep," she whispered as her heart returned to its regular pace.

"Waiting for you," Sean explained as if it were as obvious and expected a thing as one plus one equaling two. He threw back the sheet in invitation, letting it fall midway down the diagonal line of muscle from his hips to... It's like Maxim— for girls.

"Come to bed."

He sounded like he owned the joint!

Ana grinned at the observation and decided to forgo a raid of her underwear drawer, lest his lordship become even more fussy. Besides, the shirt stopped inches above her knees. Sean's arm lay fixed in front of her pillow, leaving her only one place to rest her head. With a click, the room faded into black and grey. His arms were around her the instant she nestled her head into the slope between his collarbone and the rise of his pec, her cuddle spot.

Ana echoed Sean's soft, satisfied sound as she burrowed into the solid warmth of him. She stretched her leg along the length of his, delighting in the tickle of his hair beneath her calf. Her brows furrowed after she stumbled upon an odd realization. Sharing a bed like this for the first time, felt as intimate as all the things they usually did when they were horizontal...maybe more.

The constant thud of his heartbeat beneath her left ear lulled her into relaxation. Sean spoke a second before her eyes fluttered shut.

"Thank you." His voice sounded so vague, Ana thought she dreamt it. But his hand covered hers on his chest, letting her know he was still awake.

"Hmm?" she murmured quietly as his fingers swayed over her knuckles, his other hand stroked her back.

"Thank you for staying with me today." His words reverberated under her ear.

She pressed her lips to his collarbone and inhaled his clean, male scent. "You're welcome...I wanted to be there...for you and glad everything's going to be alright." She let out a sleepy sigh while his jaw rubbed against the top of her head like an affectionate cat.

Somewhere between awake and asleep she realized how foolish it was to give this up. How close she'd been to missing it all—by the timing of a phone call before her rehearsed speech.

* * * * *

Ana snuggled deeper into the delicious cocoon of warmth. Her heart crashed against her chest and she jerked when something scraped her neck. The boom of her heartbeat clamored in her ears, bringing sleep to a violent end. Her awakenings had long been lethargic and solitary—except for that morning in July. The taste of mint lingered on her tongue. It couldn't it be morning already.

"Good...you're awake," said the voice in the darkness. It was rusty and purring with the promise of the forbidden.

The rough tickle descended to her shoulder followed by something soft. It felt so good, it melted the cold tentacles of fright that had dragged her from sleep. Through the haze of semi-awareness her brain registered a hand smoothing her side.

"Mmm...no panties."

She wiggled closer and called out his name the instant she realized Sean was near. Her body answered the iron heft resting near the crevice of her backside with its own silky moisture.

Sean heard the velvet rasp of his name and suddenly his skin felt two sizes too small. He had her on her back in the next breath; his hands dove under her shirt, pushing it up to get to more of Ana. She writhed beneath his eager fingers. Her thighs felt softer, the swell of her hips felt sleeker than last Saturday. He licked and kissed a slow trail from the crevasse of her navel, up her taut stomach. The sheets rustled in the dark as her feet skated up and down the bed each time his mouth left her skin. He settled between her legs, his arms keeping his full weight off her as the tip of his tongue scaled the side of a puckered nipple.

Ana arched her back, intent on giving him better access. Sean didn't disappoint; his lips latched onto the swollen crest. Her breath broke; she crashed back onto the bed as the heat of his mouth, sucked and pulled on her breast. He blew wisps of air onto the wet peak, making her shiver before he moved aside. She held onto his shoulders and twisted and bucked under him as he exacted the same, delicious torment to her right breast. One of his hands slithered down the center of her body, taking its sweet time, teasing her as his fingers inched lower, got closer. Yes!

Desperate for air, Sean released the hard nub from his mouth. The feel of her moist curls and hot, dewy flesh under his fingertips made his breath go from even to choppy within seconds. She took advantage of his loss of balance and rolled atop him and into a cat pose. Her mouth found his; their tongues danced. Back and forth they went, so seamlessly he didn't know where his mouth ended and hers began. He nipped and licked her upper lip; her teeth grazed his lower lip in gentle reprisal before the tip of her tongue followed.

Their kissing game continued while Sean held the back of her shirt bunched between her shoulder blades like a harness. Ana played the willing captive, rocking over the hand cupping her sex, assisting the glide of his thumb around her clit. He found ways to make her melt for him, to ease the passage of one, two, then three long fingers inside her and swallowed her breathy mewls as her slick walls closed in on his digits. Her arms and legs buckled he didn't wait to ease her beneath him again. He inhaled, pulling in Ana's wet-earth aroma from his soaked fingers. It wasn't enough. He had to experience her through all his senses.

One heartbeat rushed into another as the hiss of Sean's sharp inhales sliced the silence. Her eyes followed the silhouette of his long fingers sliding in and out of his mouth. Desire dampened the apex of her thighs at the sight of him tasting her. Her eyes searched through the shadows to catch his expressions as he sampled her arousal like a sommelier. She doubted there was a cure for its affect on her—and if there was one, she didn't want it. But she couldn't lay back and just watch any longer.

"See what you do to me?"

Ana canted her hips, rubbed her sex against his pelvis and lower, where he was hard and jutting out between them. He groaned and ran his cock over her wetness over and over.

"Kiss me."

A current of sensual pride pulsed through her blood the second Sean's body went rigid above her. Watching her taste herself, taking it from him, was one ingredient in his sexual kryptonite. Doing it in the dark heightened its decadent allure.

He opened his lips on hers. Her tongue swirled along the roof of his mouth and licked the faint saltiness there before retreating. Sean mimicked her; play continued until the taste of her essence dissolved in their mouths. They traveled the corners of the bed in a tangle of arms and legs, kissing and writhing on each other.

Ana kept his wrists pinned to his sides while her teeth gently raked his nipple then swept it with quick darts of tongue. He had no intention of going anywhere as she turned her focus to its twin. Her ardent mouth traveled lower, showing him how well she'd paid attention to what he liked and debuted new ways to excite him. She explored him as if she didn't want to miss a thing. And the wisp of her hair below his hips shouted exactly what the next thing was. He twisted under her as the pads of her fingers brailled the textures of angry veins squeezed within hot, hard, erect skin. Her cool breath at the tip of his cock sent his blood pounding in his ears. He was too wound up to withstand her oral attack for much longer.

He grabbed a fistful of her hair, preempting the next pass of her tongue along that sensitive spot under the swollen crown. There was only once place he wanted to be when he came. "I need to be inside you."

The smoke in his voice rolled over her skin, reaching her primitive need to fuck, to mate. Ana rolled away and crawled to bedside table. The dim light blazed through the darkness, making her squint and blink as she fished out a condom from the drawer.

Sean bit down on the wrapper and tugged. Nothing happened. He tugged again.

"Let me try,"

He grinned and shook his head as Ana's first effort yielded the same result. She tried with her teeth this time.

"If what's inside is made the same way, it'll redefine the meaning of safe sex."

Ana chuckled, but remained determined to make this piece of foil submit to her will.

"See? Third time's a charm," she boasted and arrogantly tossed the packet to him. His pursed mouth let her know he wasn't that impressed with her lack of humility

But the packet vanished the second her proclamation jumped off her tongue, taking her momentary triumph with it. They laughed while they hunted through a maze of sheets and pillows. Everything got tossed to the floor with cartoonish haste and they laughed some more. It was Ana who came up with the lost treasure. "Got it!" she said, waving the loot between her thumb and index.

"Nice save."

For a moment, Sean wished there'd be no barrier between them when he slid into her. He still held onto the memory of the first time, the only time he'd measured the feel of a woman's most feminine secret with his cock. Lightening raced through his veins as he remembered Ana on the kitchen island, her wet satin closing in around him. So hot. So snug. So perfect. The thoughts and images boiled over then evaporated as her fingers rolled the protective sleeve down his pulsating length.

He willingly fell back onto the bed under her command. She knelt next to him and pulled off the last article of clothing on the bed. What the fuck? A Colts fan? But Ana straddled him before his quip about Peyton what's-his-name ever had a chance to morph into something witty.