All Comments on 'Kiss Me as if There's No Tomorrow'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
ag2507ag2507about 7 years ago
Heartstrings

Seriously tugged

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

WOW !!!!

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticabout 7 years ago
Beautifully sad.

I really cried when I read this story.

5 * for you, and waiting for another story with a happier ending.

I apologize for my English (yet and forever), isn't my native language.

RasmatRasmatabout 7 years ago

A sadly beautiful story. Five and Faved.

trigudistrigudisabout 7 years agoAuthor
Thanks All

Thanks to all who read, commented and enjoyed this sad tale which had me in tears also. The female character of Denise emerged from my trip to the World's Fair that year (1965). I was younger than Brendan and the girl I saw in the hotel coffee shop looked younger than Denise. There was no communication between us, though I always wondered the outcome had I possessed the nerve to speak with her. Thus, my muse for this story.

B_BaileyB_Baileyabout 7 years ago
Sad story, but true to life

Unfortunately, we all have that special someone in our lives. She gave him a special gift, her love and virginity. He gave her his heart. Sadly they were never joined forever. Life goes on for the living.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 7 years ago
Wonderful

You caught these moments perfectly.

Well done.

5*

buckshot46buckshot46about 7 years ago
So close . . . .

It did not feel like a story, so real to life. Too many memories. And yes, I cried.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
damn you

im a 22 year old college basketball playing 6'5" man. i found this story while looking for romance to heal my broken heart. and now youve gone and made me bawl like i've never bawled before. its cathartic, but damn you. great story

teedeedubteedeedubabout 7 years ago
yeah

Harsh. Brutal. But real. thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well done

I lived so close to the World's Fair that I skipped high school and went two or three days a week. We weren't wealthy, I just knew a section of fence (under the walkway that went over the LIE to the Aquacade) where I could get in faster than people with tickets.

The story brings back so many memories of people I met and the times I had... although my experiences were more PG than R rated, I met girls from all over the world. Sad story, but a good read, well done, thank you!

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingover 6 years ago
OMG, so good!!

The connection to me for the story's exposition is uncanny. Lived in Seattle's Ravenna District circa. '88-90 during a Navy Assignment, about block away from the Cotswold & Tudor-style houses as described for Denise's family home. Saw the '62 Seattle's World Fair as a thirteen-yr-old. Along with the Space Needle & Monorail, the most popular exhibits or rides (elevator upto viewing area & restaurant atop the Needle, & the Monorail) include the GE exhibit about the future world with a simulated ride in space on a ship - comparable to the described GE exhibit at the '64 NY World Fair.

Great character development, likable characters including both sets of parents & Brendan's sister Evy. Touching story, excellent plot-line with appealing, realistic closure & superb title choice from content. Mega kudos!!!

WS

PS - Oh yeah, Belgian waffles were a hot item in the Seattle Fair, too. Local produce of the Northwest, blueberries instead of strawberries, lol!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I never cry while reading....

But this story was different however. I wept like crazy and went to sleep with that sadness in me. This story was perfect in every sense to me. Couldn't imagine more perfect love than in this story. It was as if i could relate to Brendan cuz i have been through my share of heartbreaks looking for that perfect one. Love your work !! Keep up the good work !!

KingCuddleKingCuddlealmost 4 years ago
Hooked!

On the recurring SWEETNESS in your stories!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Sitting in a room with two posters on the wall from the Seattle World Fair where we took my son as a bonus for being several months out of chemo. Remember the cement Cadillac?

stewartbstewartbalmost 3 years ago

The world is full of too many Denise's and not enough Brandan's ...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
731 Followers
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...

SIMILAR Stories