Knights And Maidens Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kate gave me a discreet "I told you so" nudge.

"Your sister has an exemplary record..."

Kate beamed.

One of the males interrupted. "So, welcome to the Order of the Temple, and to the Company of Knights. Congratulations."

We all shook hands. Kate gave me a hug and embarrassed me with a kiss. I thanked our interviewers, and as we left we passed the next applicants, a tall blonde girl about my age accompanied by an equally attractive, smartly dressed woman, whom I took to be her mother. The girl and I exchanged polite smiles, hers nervous and inquisitive. I tried to make mine affirmative and encouraging. The woman nodded rather curtly at Kate and me. I could tell that she was feeling stress. She reminded me of someone I'd encountered recently, and it took me a few seconds to recognize her -- a professor who spoke at one of the freshman orientation sessions I'd managed to attend.

Kate and I ate a celebratory dinner at a gourmet pizza restaurant, but for once she did not have much to offer in the way of guidance. She said she was not qualified, which I thought was strange. She's not normally so taciturn when it comes to giving advice. But at one point I must have betrayed uncertainty, because she reassured me. "Don't worry, you'll fit in." But then she added, cryptically, "Don't be distracted from who you are by what you are."

In any case, having made its decision the Order moves quickly. I had been instructed to present myself at the Temple at six in the evening, the very next day. Kate volunteered to come with me, but I declined her offer. I had to do something by myself. So I went to my classes as normal, managing to contain my excitement and apprehension; and when the time came, I returned to the boarding house, grabbed my belongings and checked out.

Mr Swank asked "So where are you off to?"

I said something vague and non-committal, and he nodded with a wry grin. From my evasive reply, I think he may have guessed my destination.

12