Komal's Transformation Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sajida came over and sat beside her now. She had an arm around her, trying to comfort her.

"Komal, treat me as a sister. I know I can't help you in a way you want, but at least I can lessen your turmoil, make things a bit better in a difficult situation."

Komal by now had started to cry. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she incoherently sobbed in front of Sajida.

"I suggest that you meet Asad first. May be his offer may not be totally unacceptable to you. At least, your life will go on .... May be for the better," Sajida tried to comfort her. The discussions with her husband the previous night was fresh. The couple hadn't ignored the possibility of Asad conniving to marry and possess this gorgeous woman who sat beside her.

"Just let me tell you one thing. Your own act of deceit only demonstrates your need for something better, a relationship that could bring about a perfection." Sajida carried on in her own way of convincing and persuading the unlucky woman who sat crying beside her.

"Oh! How shall I? What'll happen to me?" Komal said in muffled cries. "Oh! God! Oh! God" she went on murmuring, seeking atonement for her sinful transgression of these last few days.

"Allah will help you. I am sure He will find what is best for you and lead you there," Sajida said, patting her back and then running her hand over her hair that lay open across her shoulders.

Komal was in too much turmoil.

"How will I meet him? How can I? I am afraid, Sajida," Komal said.

"Look Komal, crying will not help you. At Asad's direction, I have brought along a fresh burqa, just for you. See, he has thought this over out of concern for you. That you will need absolute privacy when you go to meet him. No one is to know. And you'll be meeting him in his own building ...he has an office and a private apartment, exclusively his own," Sajida said.

Komal went on looking at this woman who was trying to bring a degree of courage in her otherwise terrified mind.

"The mohalla (neighborhood) where you'll be going is predominately Muslim, and you'll find most women moving around covering themselves in burqa. You'll be safe, no one will know you or recognize you there, Komal. You see, how considerate and thoughtful is my 'Bhai Jaan' about you? And you'll find that there will be an able bodyguard just beside you the moment our car stops at the building. Nobody will dare do anything to trouble you," Sajida tried to generate confidence and reliance in the unknown man by telling these words to the nervous woman.

After some time, Komal's sobbing subsided and she sat quietly, staring at the burqa that lay beside her.

"Go and freshen up, Komal. You wouldn't want Asad to see you in this stage, with those swollen eyes? When you have such a lovely pair of large, innocent eyes like that of a doe? Bhai Jaan finds you far too pretty and a real paragon of beauty. Don't dishearten him dear, on the first date, it'll break his heart," Sajida giggled.

Praises worked nicely. Komal had a little smile at the corner of her mouth. Just a hint of a smile, but a smile nonetheless.

"And dress well, something that makes him fall at your feet. Only then you'll be able to mold your way and wriggle out of an uncomfortable situation," Sajida goaded her on.

"Give me some time to get ready," Komal said as she got up from the couch.

"Wear something soft and light ... or else the burqa will make it uncomfortable for someone not used to it. And if you have a shade of green, or even yellow, you can try that. Asad loves those colors," Sajida was being helpful and yet she was tactfully getting Komal ready for 'Bhai Jaan'.

When, after almost half an hour, Komal came out from her bedroom she was wearing a stunning fire yellow georgette saree that had an amazing border with contrasting threads, and a green sleeveless blouse. To add to it, her accessories comprised of an exquisite pair of silver jhumkas (earrings), an elegant neck piece and a few bangles. She had also taken out a nose pin from her jewelry box, which she wore on her the right side of her nose. There was just a hint of make-up, but it was not gaudy. But, she had applied a dark maroon shade of lipstick that made her lips stand out sensually on her face. Komal looked stunning and Sajida gaped at her.

Frankly, Komal didn't know why or what made her dress up so beautifully. After all, this was not an occasion that required her to dress. It was neither for someone who had caught her fancy. Nor for someone, who had captured her love. Yet......! Why did she dress in manner that would make a man desire her more? Was it the instinctive behavior in a woman to look beautiful? Or was it something seductive -- to entrap a man no matter how threatening he was? She didn't have an answer.

As she stood outside her bedroom, the nose pin caught Sajida's attention. And she shook her head.

"No ...No ... you can't wear nose pin now, Komal. Keep that for later," Sajida quickly advised her.

Komal look at her surprisingly, unable to fathom why this was forbidden for her and, more particularly, why she could wear it 'later'! She looked at Sajida questioningly.

"You'll get to know in time, Komal. It'll look wonderful on your pretty face no doubt and, I promise you, you'll be required to wear it at one time, but not now. You'll have a horde of admirers on that occasion," Sajida giggled again.

By now Komal had taken off the nose pin and kept it back in her room. She stood in front of Sajida and said, "I am ready."

Sajida got up and picked up the burqa that was lying on the couch. She looked at Komal appreciatingly.

"Pity you'll have to hide that rare beauty of yours underneath this drab burqa, but it's for your own safety. Anybody seeing you now in Asad's mohalla will be tempted to kidnap you, Komal. You'll be lost, even before Bhai Jaan sees you." This time she was in splits of laughter.

Komal softly slapped Sajida's hand in mock anger. She was warming up to Sajida slowly, taking her to be a friend or like a sister, someone to whom she could open out her mind, if and when the need arose.

Komal was guided by Sajida to wear the burqa, a woman's cover that she had seen umpteen times but never had any necessity to wear one till then. Now fully covered, with a netted veil in front of her eyes, she felt uneasy. But, she could clearly see Sajida and didn't find any difficulty in walking around. With nervous steps she walked towards the door of the apartment with Sajida, locking it quickly. They took the elevator and then straight to the door of the car.

A couple about to enter the building looked at the odd woman in a burqa, surprised a bit perhaps, but then walked away to the elevator. Within the burqa, Komal knew they were Mr. and Mrs. Patel, and would have certainly wished them had not Sajida held her hand and tugged on it.

Ahmed, the driver, opened the door when they came and stood beside the car. He had been a driver with Aquib and Sajida for more than twenty years and was loyal beyond doubt. Even then, Sajida indicated to Komal that she should continue wearing the burqa and the veil kept in place. Komal did as she was told, she was too nervous to even think otherwise.

The road seemed endless and only affected her nerves more. As if people on the road and surroundings were only watching her in this silky blue burqa. By that one cloth covering, she felt she had become a Muslim by choice.

Fifty minutes into the journey, Komal could see a distinct difference in the areas that the car went past. More and more shops with Urdu nameplates, or even nameplates written in both English and Urdu bearing Muslim names were frequently visible. On the streets, women in burqa became more and more frequent, and Komal somehow felt a sort of kinship and comfort with these women. At least, she wouldn't appear strange or someone out of place when she got out of the car.

Finally, the car came and stood in front of a towering building beside a mosque. Instantly, two rugged tall men, in jeans and T-shirt, came and stood at the side where Komal was sitting.

"Bodyguards," Sajida said, "For your protection. Thank my Bhai Jaan when you meet him. See, I told you he cares for you. Be grateful to the man at least even if, at this point, you hate him. You'll like him though, I am sure of it." She held Komal's hands for a moment, smiling to give the nervous girl a boost of confidence.

Casual glances from pedestrians did fall on her, but these were so inconsequential that Komal didn't hesitate to alight from the car. In any case, her identity and privacy were well covered.

"Good bye, Komal. My duty is done, now that I have brought you where 'kismet' (destiny) wanted you. Allah be with you," Sajida said smilingly, as her car drove off.

The two bouncers kept a discreet distance from Komal, not wanting her to feel uneasy while at the same time being very protective. Hedged in between, she felt she was fully secured even in this unfamiliar, strange surrounding.

"This way please," the taller of the two told politely and led the way till they entered the building and up to the lobby.

When the lift came, they prevented others from getting in, telling them to catch the next one. It was obvious that these two burly men had a reputation and gave an impression that they shouldn't be needled nor questioned by anyone. Discreetly, they stood aside.

The elder of the bouncers walked in with Komal, stood politely in front of the switch board while she stood behind, almost frozen against the back of the elevator. He didn't utter a word, pressed the key to the 8th floor, and then informed her that Asad Saab was waiting for her in his private apartment instead of his office. That was a surprising change, for Komal had heard that she would be meeting Asad in his office.

And, on the 8th floor, the bouncer stood outside as Komal got out of the lift. There was just one door visible on the entire floor, and this polite yet serious man pointed a figure to it.

"That door, Madam. Asad Saab already knows you have come. The door will open automatically for you. Please allow me to leave." He said and turned. In seconds, the lift sped down, leaving Komal alone on this empty but illuminated corridor.

The burqa clad Komal stood despondently as she stared at the intimidating wooden door about twenty feet away at one end. Just beside the door, pinned reverentially to the wooden panels, there was a large decor of the Kaabah, the Holy Shrine of Muslims.

Her eyes shifted quickly from one to the other in repeated succession -- the wooden door and the holy picture! To Komal, while one had the stamp of fear on it, the other was the epitome of faith, even though her religion was different. In her heart she knew that, in the end, it was faith that would protect her from fear.

She took small steps in that direction. Her 'Kismet' (destiny), as Sajida had said, thought Komal

///\\\///\\\