Kristiana Pt. 03: A Risk Taken

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Holy cow! That's a big change from mineral processing, isn't it?"

"Yes, but my expertise is in ramrodding the construction and working with the political and regulatory people. I got a real baptism of fire in Spain and I think I know how to do this."

"Is there room for another casino there?" I asked.

"Actually," Sarah interjected (or was it Sonya?) "We've purchased an older casino with property that will allow us to do it right. It will be a big improvement on what was there."

"Wow! Talk about a career change. Good luck. I'll be anxious to see the end result."

"We'll be a couple of years getting it done," Sarah said. "I hope you can bring your family and visit some time. We'd love to meet you."

"Well, the same goes from this end. Since you guy love to ski, this is the place for it."

"What a good idea," she said, turning to my father and her sister.

"We'll have to plan on that before we get too involved in the project," Sonya (I think) added. One of these days I was going to find out how to tell these two apart.

"Thank you for the Christmas gifts," I said. "They were all very well received and in know Jan-Richard will really enjoy his iPad. The SuperShell is a great idea. I'm sure it'll get dropped now and then. He just turned four and already he knows all about those things from his friends."

"You're welcome. I'd invite you to the wedding, but it's a long way to come for you during the busy season, I know. We'll catch up somehow, Son."

"When is the wedding, Dad?"

"New Year's Eve. We're going to close out the old year with a civil ceremony and welcome the New Year with a party here at the lodge."

"That's great," I said. "I'll try and call you if we can get through. We may be luckier on Skype."

That was the end of our call and I turned to see Kristiana standing off to one side.

"Did you hear all of that?" I asked.

"Yes. Are you upset about it Richard?"

I shook my head. "No. If it makes him happy and the ladies are okay with it, then it's fine with me."

"Do you think it is strange that they will be in the hotel business just like we are?"

"I hadn't even thought about it, but yes, it is a strange coincidence, isn't it. Well, maybe it runs in the family after all," I laughed.

I felt enormously comfortable at that moment. All the tilting pictures had been righted. My mother was at least communicating with me. My father was a happy, successful man complete with two adoring women, and I had a family that would grow next year.

I looked over at the night table as we entered the bedroom. The 8 X 10 framed picture sat prominently facing my side of the bed. It was one I had taken the very first time Kristiana and I had made love. She was asleep, her incredible golden hair spread across the pillow and her beautiful body on display in a pose that almost looked like it had been staged. I'd kept that picture for five years and I would keep it for the rest of my life, even though the real woman was beside me in our bed. No photograph could capture the real scent and silken touch of my wife.

END

My thanks to ErikThread and Just.aint_right for their editing skills. Any errors are mine alone. Previously posted on another site.