Kros Voyeh Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Isemay
Isemay
209 Followers

Lislora flushed and he began to laugh in his throat. "She said the gowns there are light."

"They are. The fabric is... they say it breathes. When Isonei first tried a Torgan gown she said she was suffocating and I think she'd never had cloth around her throat. She complained of being strangled."

"The Court fashions should please her."

"She chided Krouth for calling the open throats immodest while she was wearing an Aran gown. I would call it low cut but in comparison to the Lerian gowns, they're modest. Lerian gowns bare the curve of the breasts, some to the nipple, and the skirts are split to the hips to show the under layers."

Covering her mouth in horror she looked for a sign he was jesting. Finding none, she hissed, "Why do they even bother with the gowns?"

He made a sound of agreement, "They pair those gowns with jewelry so extravagant my brother, Burgath, barely noticed the breasts beneath it. I refused to allow her to bring any of those gowns. Seeing her in an Aran gown at Court will be difficult enough, a Lerian gown would be unbearable."

"I'm not certain what I'll wear at Court. None of my dresses are acceptable."

"I will have some made. You're nearly the same size as my mother, I'm certain some of her gowns can still be found at Court."

Nodding tentatively, part of her wanted to protest at the thought of wearing gowns that belonged to the King's favorite mistress. That she was also Draeseth's mother would make it difficult to do without giving offense. "She always had lovely dresses."

The soft sound he made got her attention, "You're concerned about wearing them because she was my father's mistress?"

"I don't want to give your father... thoughts."

"Every black-haired beauty of the Kroscur gives him thoughts of my mother, it cannot be avoided. Stay close to me. Isonei reminds him gently, by praising me and speaking of me lovingly, that she's mine. If you attempted the same it would make him angry. If you keep your eyes down and stay close it should suffice."

"She didn't need my instruction." Lislora looked out of the far carriage window.

"No. Even when my father attempted to be indecent she laughed and answered with a jest that involved my prowess while giving me an adoring look. A Torgan woman would have been at a loss." Draeseth put one arm behind his head, "She spent half of the ride from Lord Vigrim's to Nemauros jesting with us and putting us all in a good mood."

"And the other half?" The sourness of the question earned her a growling grunt.

"She spent the first half riding with Kamrus Gillaugrim and his Hallocs. If I had kept my word to her and not made her ride alone with them..." He sounded tired and she glanced over to see him scowling with his eyes closed.

"Why did you?"

"I thought she was allowing my father to seduce her. He insisted on a private breakfast and when I intruded I found her rubbing his head. I nearly struck her I was so furious. On the ride toward Nemauros, father spoke of how daughterly she was and how she'd chided him gently for not inviting me as well. The more he spoke the more I realized my mistake.

"I had never seen her so angry with me when she stepped down from the carriage. For a moment, I thought she wouldn't allow me to help her. The Kamrus had not been kind."

"If you make a promise you should keep it, even if you're angry. It isn't a matter of what someone else deserves but of what kind of man you are."

"A lesson I've been learning. Isonei's disappointment wasn't enough to teach me so she began to use her father's methods. The man was much like my father in some ways, it seems. Father was delighted.

"If my behavior causes her to behave as our fathers do, I will change it. She should remain sweet."

"You should be encouraged to keep your word, but I'm not sure I approve of her methods. Your father can be... unpleasant." She caught herself before she said something untoward.

"Her son will be formidable. If charm doesn't work he'll be able to cut a man off at the knees with his tongue."

Glancing at him again, Lislora noticed he still had his eyes closed. She fell silent allowing him to rest. It didn't seem like long at all until someone was shaking her shoulder.

Hodrim was looking down at her with concern and Draeseth was snoring gently.

"Are we there?" She sat up and ran her hand over her braids.

"At the city gate, Lady Lislora. Mes said she was supposed to run ahead of us and that I should join you in the carriage."

"Of course." Lislora gently tapped her cousin's hand that lay across his belly and his eyes opened blearily. "We're at the city gate."

He sat up with a loud grunt and rubbed his face. "You let me fall asleep?"

"I fell asleep as well, cousin. I thought you couldn't sleep in a carriage?"

"So did I." He gave her a look that was almost sour and then yawned loudly stretching as much as he could with the low ceiling of the carriage.

"What do you do while the Duchess sleeps?" Hodrim asked curiously.

Draeseth made an amused sound, "I wait patiently for her to wake. My wife is a very sweet-tempered woman but she doesn't wake well. She whines like a small child and tries to hide her face to go back to sleep when you rouse her."

The boy looked as though he were trying not to laugh. "The Duchess whines? Did you tell her it isn't ladylike? At the table, she needed to be told not to tuck the napkin into her collar."

The Prince grinned broadly, "I wouldn't tell her when she first wakes. She was pretending at the table, her manners are lovely. When she first wakes, her mood can be unpleasant, her cheerfulness takes a few moments, like warming water for tea."

"I noticed that. I woke her only once." Lislora shook her head. "It was like waking a different woman."

"She requires patience and affection in the mornings." He raked his hands through his black hair. "Mes has gone ahead?"

"Yes, your Highness. She said it would be safer for me to ride inside with you."

"On the carriage, you should be safe but inside should be cleaner. My wife will wish to see you. I will have you taken to our rooms on arrival. Master Krouth will see to your care."

"Will Mes be safe?"

"She serves the King. Anyone who interferes with her will pay dearly for it. One of the gatesmen will take her directly to the Palace. That's part of their duty."

Lislora tried not to fidget as she glanced out of the window at the city it felt like they were inching through. She had never been fond of it. So many people in one place felt unnatural. It would be a relief to have this over with and return to the Kroscur.

Isemay
Isemay
209 Followers