All Comments on 'La Fantome'

by ronde

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

Another great detective/police story!

5

KinPAKinPA6 months ago

A story woven and told by a master. Always worth staying up to read!

Ravey19Ravey196 months ago

Another excellent story.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Very well done again! I really appreciate your writing and in this case thank you for remembering the Vietnam era vets!

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc6 months ago

Great story and I found it very respectful My service started as the war ended, so all I have is hundreds of anecdotal stories told to me by the NCOs I served under. 4.8*

stewartbstewartb6 months ago

Truth is never found as a straight line to justice.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

What more needs to be said Ronde. Outstanding! Which is you norm sir. You spoil us readers and for that i thank you! 5* story as usual.

kk

AileyInnAileyInn6 months ago

Thanks for the setting and the story. Loved it!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

A well told story. Understood the unspoken under the spoken. A nice read just after 11/11.

lAnatomistelAnatomiste6 months ago

...yet another 5-star story from a 5-star writer.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Another outstanding contribution from this author. Many thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Brilliant

Thanks so much.

WilCox49WilCox496 months ago

Another really beautifully done story. I particularly enjoy the plot twist at the end, where, having solved his case and found the murderer, he's told that the case has been closed by the higher-ups for good reasons. He has no interest in pursuing a good man who killed a really, really bad guy (and for good reasons at that, protecting his sister and himself), so that ties up the loose ends. Amazingly well plotted, and very well told. A nice romance, too.

Thank you.

BlastusBlastus6 months ago

Once again, thanks for a great read.

linnearlinnear6 months ago

Thank you for a good read.

OvercriticalOvercritical6 months ago

The explanation of the mystery was a little too complicated, but the story was a fun read and I enjoyed it. 4*

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo5 months ago

A very enjoyable story. Just a couple of minor details that leaped out at me negatively, but overall very good. First, it was my understanding that in the Army at least - I don't know if this pertains to all services - no one went to Viet Nam as a private. If they were privates when rhier orders came down they were promoted to PFC. If I'm wrong on that, maybe somebody can correct me. Second, the Army Proficiency Test? I know of no such test by that name. Your wording sounds like it would have been the GT test. That was the closest equivalency to an IQ fest in the battery of tests we all took when inducted. There were proficiency tests given in specific subjects but no Army Proficiency Test that never I nor apparently Google are aware of. If that's a term you've heard it's possible that someone may have used the term, but neither in my experience nor in my short search for the term have I encountered any test by that specific name. I'm making a big deal out of something I said was small, and really to me it is small in terms of rating your story and my enjoyment of it. And that I rate as 5 stars. I liked the final disposition of the case. 0IU'm with the detective. I'm glad Lien's brother killed her would be killer. Their is a higher code of Justice than Justice by the books, and while the books are necessary to maintain a civil society, occasionally that higher code of justice is better served when neither the books nor the system serve to produce justice.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago
Comanchero

I CORP, JUN70 to APR71, Co A/101AHB, 101ST AIRBORNE, Camp Eagle. I spent 1000 hrs sitting behind an M60 on a slick. Ripcord, Rockpile, Bham, Ashau Valley, Hue, all over the AO. Did my part during CCN Missions and LAM SONG 719. It was the worst of times then it went to shit. I always brought my pilots back to fight another day.

Peapod41Peapod413 months ago

Utterly believable. Even today there are clandestine operations going on world-wide as a result

of our unfortunate intervention in Vietnam. A clever interweaving of fact and fortune that makes for a great story. The characters were well drawn, authentic, while your research was obviously well constructed. Top of you craft, here!

ca_daveca_daveabout 2 months ago

Well done, took a twist that I was not expecting. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userronde@ronde
Women tend to be the central characters in my stories, because I find their complex personalities to be fascinating. My stories come from my life experiences or the thoughts inspired by people I have met. I am an avid fan of history and especially the history of the America...

SIMILAR Stories