All Comments on 'Ladies and Sellswords'

by davion2308

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

I like the story and it has potential for a series but I think you should look for an editor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Stations of the Cross

So I'm not a Methodist and my days of visiting churches were a long time ago, but I've been in a dozen or so Methodist churches and I've never once seen the Stations of the Cross. In fact, except maybe for 1 or 2 High Church Episcopal churches, I don't believe I've ever seen them in any Protestant churches.

FormerReaderFormerReaderalmost 4 years ago
Loved it!

I have never participated in anything like this BUT I had 2 good friends who did. I enjoyed listening to their stories about it. Your details were good enough that I could tell you had done this yourself. I also enjoyed the story. Both of my friends have passed on now, but thanks for bringing up some memories.

davion2308davion2308almost 4 years agoAuthor
Feedback is good!

Thank you for the detail of the Methodist church. I appreciate the insight. I’ll refer to insider friends about those little nuggets as I continue writing. It’s helpful.

hotturkeyhotturkeyalmost 4 years ago
Not Qute a Renfair, but familiar

This sounds a lot more like the SCA or Adrian Empire than any Renfair I’ve ever attended. I assume that the upcoming event mentioned in Pennsylvania is the famous Pennsic War? I was involved with the SCA for several years about a decade ago.

Excellent story, but I think it could have benefited from a bit more physical descriptions, especially of the characters. This needs to be continued, I’m looking forward to reading any sequels.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Very Enjoyable

A very enjoyable story and one I hope you continue with further chapters.

linnearlinnearalmost 4 years ago
Mighty Fine

Nice story, I was hoping for more of a finish.

FeonorxFeonorxalmost 4 years ago
Good but research

Generally speaking, groups that do strict historic costuming would almost never have leather pants for the men. As a historic re-enactor and Renfair guy myself, it stuck out a bit, but odds are people who aren't familiar with the topic probably wouldn't have noticed. Other than that, very good story & hoping for more chapters!

tizwickytizwickyalmost 4 years ago

Pretty good story with a rather weak ending. I 'm not really sure what the last line meant? "Ben thought about August. He had vacation time. He'd take the week off and head to Pennsylvania". BTW- I'm not a member of the Grammar Nazi brigade but you misspelled Pennsylvania to further obfuscate the meaning of the statement.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Loved the story but...

There was one issue when SHE DECIDED HER DECISION. Reached or made her decision might have been a better choice. I'm sure it was a spell checker error.

Onto a serious complaint. The friend at work who got our hero involved. We never returned to teach him, nor was he present at the Melee. That just seems a big miss as he is the reason we are involved to begin with.

As there wasn't much backstory on our cute redhead i would guess we will hear about her in your next installment. And this story deserves a sequel. It was fantastic. I might add that some SCA guys train for several hours a day and our hero may face much better competition as he improves.

Publius68Publius68almost 2 years ago

Excellent, fun story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdavion2308@davion2308
There's not much to tell. I've been writing different works, serious and silly, erotic and political, for the past decade. I enjoy reading and writing and I think there is nothing greater then to connect mentally and intellectually with the people that read my work. If yo...