All Comments on 'Lady in Red'

by Ann Douglas

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another triumph.

This is another typically fantastic story by Ann Douglas. Like her best storries, the characters are as important as the sex, and the attraction feels real. Also as is typical, it has a nice ending that hints at how this encounter had an impact on the participants lives. This much content does increase the length, but it makes for a sexy journey.

BrokenSpokesBrokenSpokesover 4 years ago
Most excellent

Ann, thank you for another effort. I very much enjoyed it.

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 4 years ago
BITTERSWEET .............

............. I think is the best way to describe your latest story.

Obviously there seems to have been some sort of "connection" between the two women that transcended a normal one night stand, or maybe its just that I`m an old romantic at heart.

The amount of money hinted at for the portrait would lead one to believe that Laura at least would love to turn their one night into many many more.

Just my thoughts ;)

Thanks for another wonderful tale.

MaonaighMaonaighover 4 years ago
Welcome back, Ann...

...it seems to have been a while. This is another great story, exactly the kind we have come to expect from you. An endearing account of ships that pass in the night with a totally realistic ending, neither happy nor sad, just believable. It's the usual five stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Very well constructed short story, I enjoyed very much.

Bleep735Bleep735over 4 years ago
Loved it!

I really liked your attention to detail. You easily painted a picture in my mind without going overboard leaving me bored while waiting for the story to unfurl. You also have a wonderful ability to create characters that feel real. I can’t wait for your next gift to us.

jackie_emjackie_emover 4 years ago
Good story

In one sense, I'm only sorry that the relationship between the two was so brief.

maneater82maneater82over 4 years ago
Doesn't disappoint

You're a fabulous storyteller. I really enjoy the way you write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Wonderfully written as usual.I always look forward to your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Memories

We all like to revisit our college years in memories. Thankfully we forget the bad parts and only remember the fun.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 4 years ago
A great read as always

It is so good to see a new story from you. I got spoiled when you posted all your stories here and they kept showing up frequently. But your work is definitely worth waiting for. Thanks.

sandy_parissandy_parisover 4 years ago
Gentle lovely story

You write very well painting great images with words. I wonder what happens next but maybe thats part of the enjoyment

TSreaderTSreaderover 4 years ago
A wonderful story!

Wonderfully done Ann! Though I wonder if there might be more to this story... Thank you!

SWT3SWT3over 4 years ago
Wonderful story

As you are one of my favorite Favorites, I am always pleased when I see you have posted a story. This one certainly does not disappoint. In particular, I really enjoyed how the momentum of the story went from Laura to Kathy and back to Laura.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thank you, again ...

Thanks for another wonderfully crafted tale. Your stories never fail to delight. 😎 ❤️

fishingrod48fishingrod48over 4 years ago
Love Your Writing

What a special read. Thank you

JPGmvnyJPGmvnyover 4 years ago
Columbia

Excellent, as always, with such great but not overdone detail.

Ah to be young and back at CLS.

PixiehoffPixiehoffover 4 years ago
A wonderful slow-burner

I relished the slow, meaningful build-up which allowed the reader to get to know them both. You fleshed them out wonderfully well, and I was not the only one, I am sure, hoping they would come together.

You were so sensitive in describing the erotic encounter that you added to the pleasure of this reader.

The only sadness was the ending, but you mitigated that with her buying the portrait.

Thank you for a wonderful brief encounter.

jenorma2012jenorma2012over 4 years ago
pretty good

there is nothing to dislike about this story, the build up was great as is all of your stories and the sex was great as well, glad to read one of your stories again and hope to read more of them soon

CharmlesCharmlesover 4 years ago
You did it again!

Once I see your name for a new tory, I stop whatever I'm going to do, get comfortable (you don't need to know the rest) and read! You didn't disappoint! Great story!

You are one special writer!!!

HiddenInTheOpenHiddenInTheOpenover 4 years ago
Lovely story!

I loved the way you built the story up, and also the characters. Very good read, thank you for sharing it with us!

DrizdartDrizdartover 4 years ago
Delightful ...

Easy to read the well constructed short story, I'm impressed by how well you keep the attention on the present moment, while working in necessary details of the past to fill out the characters.

AjayPAjayPover 4 years ago
Always enjoyable

I have been reading your stories for many years now and you never disappoint.

Thank you for your prolific work and always polished and engrossing style. You used the word ambrosia in such a fluid and and meaningful way. My mouth watered.

Thank you!

Ajay

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Characters are real and engaging (and a bit sexy)

I love how you spend time giving the characters depth and a history so we grow with theming their desires. Always great strong independent women too. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another Ann Douglas wonderful story

Hoping to read the next chapter of the Lady in Red

BoxcarbillBoxcarbillover 4 years ago
Well done

Glad you are back on Lit. Missed you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WELL HELLO!

Dear Ann,

Welcome back, to such a prolific and engaging writer. Welcome back, after a bit of a hiatus. A treat to see your name in the list of authors again.

Really enjoyed 'Lady in Red'... right up there at your usual high level of erotic story telling. Possibility for a sequel(s)?

At least... please don't disappear again.

Love you,

Jack Auff x o

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 4 years ago
First Time

This is the first time I've read one of your stories but it won't be the last. I found the Lady in Red to be very fresh, loving and I enjoyed it very much. Thanks

KissjoanieKissjoanieover 4 years ago
Glad your back

I always search for your stories they just keep getting better.

GreatOak123GreatOak123over 4 years ago
Still got it!

Great story. Glad you're still writing; one of the best authors on this site. I particularly enjoy your mature lesbian stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Lady in Red

Loved this story. You always seem to put just the right amount of details to keep my interest. I admire lesbians that come out or not. I am Bi and like it both ways..

Rogerthelodger17Rogerthelodger17over 4 years ago
As always a great story.

I love the way your stories are both realistic and erotic. I never get a sense that the characters are behaving absurdly as is so often the case. So often all you need is just the heightened energy of a first meeting to make a great story.

rnebularrnebularover 4 years ago
Another great Ann Douglas story

Always a great morning when I see a new posting from AD. This one did not disappoint. We meet the characters and get to know them just enough, and then the passion and heat of their moment really got me worked up. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with us.

RNebular

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Positively Delightful

Ann, Your stories are a true delight. I have been reading them for many years and they just keep getting better and better. Don't stop writing please. I am worried about your health condition. Take care of yourself please. Still would like to watch you trim it.

Don

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Beautiful story

Thank you for sharing your amazing talent for story writing. Your pieces quickly seduce us and carry us away on an pleasurable journey. The scenes flow effortlessly but take us deep. Such joy. Thank you.

TheserialwaffleTheserialwaffleover 3 years ago

Very nice story and a good end. You have a great imagination really. Congratulations snd thank you

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Another Great Story

Little more to be said.

kathy2012kathy2012over 2 years ago

An excellent story. Very well developed characters, wonderful interaction! Of course some of the hottest sex

on the planet! I am still panting!

Best regards,

Kathy

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

One of your best and you are always good, thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

And in all the years to come the memory of Kathy remained fresh and cherished, ever as youthful as her portrait, on Laura's wall. Marvelous ending for what was a casual, yet passionately felt hook-u. Bravo Maestra! 5 stars well deserved!

toesucker1toesucker1about 1 year ago

The introductory section with the dimwit cumming in his pants was a nice setup to the main event. This story was luscious. Perhaps one day the Lady in Red can make another appearance along with either Kathryn or Morgan?

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A heartfelt "thank you" to one of the most talented erotic writers I have read. This one was special because of the older-younger characters, their mutual interest in the law, and the slow and very willing seduction where Kathy led Laura to recall and re-experience and 'taste' the Sapphic passion of her college days, something that she needed for her sanity and her future joy. Purchasing the painting at the end was a lovely touch and a way to always remember not just the beautiful and talented Kathy, but also what Laura needed and will need to make her life more complete than it had been since her divorce. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The initial setup with haberdasher was not so good or believable. The rest of the story flowed very nicely. Kathy and Laura are certain to remain aware of each other being in the same profession and alumnae of the same school. One wonders if Kathy will learn who bought ‘The Lady in Red’ and if she will ever see it again. As with most of your stories the future is left to the imagination of the reader. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnn Douglas@Ann Douglas
I'm an average wife and mother, well, maybe not so average, who likes to write Erotica. I'm not a professional writer. In fact, until I tried writing my first story in the early 90s, I hadn't written anything longer than a letter since high school 20 years before. I like ...