All Comments on 'Lady in Red Ch. 23'

by Harddaysknight

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
mammoetmammoetalmost 11 years ago
great again

please don't let us wait so long for your next chapter.

jackfrostedjackfrostedalmost 11 years ago
Here's hoping

I hope you are having as much fun writing this story as I am reading it.

Jack

bruce22bruce22almost 11 years ago
More Pleasurable Fantasy.

It is a fun read, though at time the characters seemed too self assured to put up with!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
dear,mr.harddaysknight

it take a genius to come up with the plots you come up with.i got my fix for this week,thank you.from all your fans you the man.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
What to say!

I'm just having a ball reading this story. HDK I have always liked your stories but this one...is fantastic.

ariesgirlariesgirlalmost 11 years ago

I know this is just a story and is not real...at least I think it's not. I have never read a story where one character has no flaws and put up so high on a pedestal like they walk on water all through the story. At times it gets a bit too much to read about their greatness in every chapter. Yes I know I don't have to read this story. I have skipped a few chapters because I pretty much can catch up with what is going in the latest chapter because everything Gwen and Steve does is repeated amongst the other characters.

The author does a good job with putting the story together. I apologize if I come off as negative, that is not what I intended. Just stating how I feel about the characters.

WistfulSeniorWistfulSenioralmost 11 years ago
Worth the Wait

The wait for this chapter was a little longer than your average, but worth the wait none-the-less. I find the situations you create for the characters to be highly entertaining and eagerly await future offerings. Well Done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
At this point I'm skimming just to see how rediculous this gets.

When are we going to find out the Steve is really the love child of his mom Jen and Barack Obama? No less probable than any of the other fantasy shit this story contains.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Go away Anon!

People like you that publicly comment on this great story negatively, are asses. Why are you reading this story? Is it just so you can give an opinion that does not agree with all of us that love it? Post your name if you are some great writer and your opinion matters! This is a great story and most of the readers can't wait for future chapters. My opinion of you for what it's worth. RonRWood - Aka - OldMarineVet

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I Agree with OldMarineVet!!

OldMarineVet is right. This story is GREAT!

I have to ask ANON, why the negative posts?

Do you feel better about yourself when you belittle others?

AnotherOldMarineVet

papaw64papaw64about 9 years ago
anon 02/13/15

It is evident you didn't or haven't read the very first chapter of this story. At the very beginning the author describes it as being over the top in fantasies and imaginations! How ever it is a fiction story-That means the author made it up nothing in it is true nor does it have to be! All you have to do is have a vivid imagination close to what the author has(which you apparently don't) to enjoy this. I to this day do not understand all you people that cry and whine because a fiction story doesn't always cover real life! Well it doesn't have to, it is merely something for people to enjoy and use their imaginations as the writer does. So as somebody ask earlier why are you even reading this story if you(as your comments indicate) don't like it.

I guess you are just trying to get your 15 seconds of fame some how, however you are a coward and hide under the anonymous tag!

R. Lamb-another Marine Vet!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
no words

so they post a couple videos on youtube and they are the world's saviours? brilliant. and the dialogue sucks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
RIDICULOUS ANONS....

Why do people here find it easy to believe in superman,spiderman and other such superheroes but not in this.

You all seem to forget this isn't a real story.....it's a fantasy of the author and should be treated as such.

If you don't like it, then no one's twisting your arm to read on further....JUST STOP and go back to living your miserable lives...:P

Personally i think this is one of the very few stories i have read that allows me to dream big.....and just maybe with right circumstances they might come true as it came for the characters in this story.

To the author, I'll say this....you have a gift atleast with this story.....please finish it unlike other great stories on this site. Do not worry about the haters....they're the people who cannot create anything and to cover their inadequacies they start destroying what others build. Don't let them destroy your fantasy....REMEMBER YOU'RE NOT ALONE IN THIS FANTASY NOW....so don't leave those like me hanging.....:D

winchesterfoxwinchesterfoxover 8 years ago
Fantasy Shit?

And, why does fantasy have to be shit? And why are you reading what you describe as shit? I am sorry you are having a bad day or a bad life. No need to share it with the rest of us. You have obviously found yourself in the wrong arena. Go! Visit somewhere else; but, park your negative feelings about yourself and let the good in you out for awhile. Good luck on becoming the person you could be rather than the one you are.

USN and liking fantasy and this story.

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 8 years ago
*Sigh*

Yep, over the top but we were warned up front. Yeah, the dialog could be better. Sure, there are a lot of repetitive themes.

Still, it's been fun up to now. My only complaint would be Steve forgiving his grandmother. While I sincerely hope he gets to know the rest of his family, his grandmother should be permanently unwelcome in his home or around his children (because, come on, you know he's going to get with someone and make babies eventually). Polite around her is fine, but affectionate towards her or allowing her to be close to his children, no matter how much she "changes" or learns to be better, would just be lame. The woman made her choice long ago and she should damn well learn to live with the consequences.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Not sure why this story is rated so highly... So confused

It's mildly entertaining... It's nowhere near the caliber of marsh alien or some of the other great authors but yet it's rated just as highly.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
still fun, but

there are times it is hard to figure out who is speaking.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Average at Best

The story is average, the writing style is poor and overall it doesnt deserve the high ratings. Things are heightened for no reason; characters say things no one ever says out loud; situations that are occuring are hard to believe; there is no proper transformation from one time period to another; the protagonist is a mix of Captain America and Kurt Cobain; and once again, when the characters go into these long monologues expressing every feeling they've ever had and saying out loud everything that should be paraphrased, it gives you the creeps.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Comment to the negative comments

Hey idiot, have you ever heard of escapism? Your incredibly shortsighted comments simply show your ignorance and lack of ability to enjoy life. I am not sure what you are trying to accomplish by being so negative but please take it elsewhere. Some of us enjoy reading about good, happy people.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
My second read and still enjoy it....but,

It really is nice of Gwen to carry Steve ' s balls for him sometimes. When she turns and scolds him like a 5 yr old in front of everyone? He should have set her straight right then. How could that not have PISSED him off and embarrassed him in front of everyone.. Just sayin

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Like

Like anyone visiting Paris for the first time would go rehearse songs instead of sight seeing.What planet is the author on?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Flawed

On seeing his aunt Steve wouldn't have hugged her ,he would have fainted ,thinking he was seeing a ghost.

jackson1863jackson1863over 4 years ago
Flawed?

What are talking about? It is not the News or a documentary from the Discovery Channel. It's a brilliant fictional story, well written and full of twists and turns. If we could all write half as well, we would be calling ourselves authors by now. Thank you HDK, each chapter brings new lessons and gives me ideas towards improving my own prose. Happy writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Iffy

Charlie didn't approach Steve at the hotel,it was the bands drummer.On their first visit to Paris they decide to rehearse in stead of sight seeing,hogwash.Who goe sight seeing in shoe shops,a cafe would have been a more realistic place to bump into Jen.How can Jordan know Michelle had chosen a Lady in Red gown,she wasn't staying at their hotel.?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Load

What a load of crap.If they were identical twins and one was head strong,then by definition so was the other one.Also the comment about Steve accepting guidance on social behaviour from a loner like Qwen is laughable.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 4 years agoAuthor

To the anonymous dude who is going through this story for a second time and leaving the same lame comments about "Qwen", I am not going to delete your comments. Most readers who have reached this chapter have a good idea what the story is about. All comments are welcome, even those from a nut with an agenda of some kind. Keep reading my story over and over, Dude. I think you must like it, deep down.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Support

Hi HDK, and thanks for all your great writing.

I'm reading through LIR for the third or fourth time, and just don't get the critiques that some people are posting. By ch 23 they should surely have worked out that it's fantasy, OTT, and a huge extended romp.

Anyway, here's to you, HDK, and to the next chapter of LIR, which I'm already looking forward to as a Christmas treat..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
HDK...hint hint

Not sure how many times I have read this....hint hint. Usually I start from chapter 1 right after you post a new chapter....hint hint. Couldn't wait this time though. Soooooo, any idea when the hint next chapter is Hint coming? Thanks so much, Tom

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

endless dramatic personae...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am a HDK Fan . But I would have Kicked Gwen to the Curb . She is telling him to like a Grandmother and Aunt who turned their back on his Mother .. I would not want anything to do with either of them

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

yes, LIR is al load of crap

but its like we all LOVE crap

why read 23 chapters if you dont like it ?

thanks for sharing HDK, lots of fun ;-)

SPARTAN NATION !

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 2 years ago

Darn is that Kate funny! Great writing… enjoying this series SO MUCH! Thank-you

Ravey19Ravey19almost 2 years ago

The Ukrainian delegation; funny old world isn't it? Another OTT chapter, interesting to see where all this goes.

linnearlinnearalmost 2 years ago

I SO love this series, it is such fun read. I agree Kate is a funny character.

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

So enjoying this story

5/5

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

3 Stars on this one . I think the Gwen Character is using sex when she shouldn't , My ex had 1 sister and 3 step sisters . Man I hated her stealing family . I am glad we are Divorce . Her Dad was a real piece of work

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHarddaysknight@Harddaysknight
7097 Followers
I enjoy comments and seldom delete them. Writing is a pleasure for me. Reading comments, even negative comments, is a perverse pleasure. I thank Lit for providing a free forum to showcase my vast talent. Writing is recreation and fun for me. I am simply making shit up as I g...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories